geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] Lunar II - Complete; awaiting extras sale

<< < (2/4) > >>

eyedrop:

--- Quote from: Vanquish on Fri, 29 July 2022, 18:44:47 ---So I put my order down for a Lunar II. I didn't go for any of the extras. Just curious, say that one day the solenoids eventually go bad, would it be difficult to source another that is compatible with the PCB and case?

--- End quote ---

Maybe you should buy it for $10.  Why put yourself in that situation one day?

Puddsy:

--- Quote from: eyedrop on Fri, 29 July 2022, 22:04:07 ---
--- Quote from: Vanquish on Fri, 29 July 2022, 18:44:47 ---So I put my order down for a Lunar II. I didn't go for any of the extras. Just curious, say that one day the solenoids eventually go bad, would it be difficult to source another that is compatible with the PCB and case?

--- End quote ---

Maybe you should buy it for $10.  Why put yourself in that situation one day?

--- End quote ---

Agree with this, but also solenoids of various sizes are relatively easy to find. Buying an extra now saves you the trouble of having to figure out the part number to buy a replacement, which can sometimes be difficult.

ai03:
Group Buy Closed

The unit cap has been reached at both vendors; sale has ended accordingly. A huge thanks to everyone that joined in and made this project possible.

After final confirmations, the project will enter the manufacturing phase.

--- End quote ---

I apologize for not seeing this question earlier - the solenoids shouldn't fail; however, they are a specific compact model chosen for 5V operation that are custom-terminated to the PCB's connectors and tailored to by the case's screw points.
While it is completely possible to run the board without solenoids as a regular SKCM/SKCL board, for long-term use buying an extra pair may help in case something goes wrong.

dantambok:
wait.. how did i miss this?!  :(

ai03:
A brief update on progress:

* PCBs have finished manufacturing.
* Cases have finished machining, and are now proceeding to the finishing/anodizing/coating phase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version