Author Topic: Orange Alps Options?  (Read 7604 times)

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
Orange Alps Options?
« on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 19:57:57 »
Heyo,
Love typing on my m0116, absolutely amazing. Problem is with the layout. I was hoping I would be able to find a orange alps version of the AEK I could use, but those seem pretty rare to come by. I was wondering if there's any other boards that have a decently modern layout (I.E. most things as long as they aren't ISO) that I could convert to use on a modern day windows PC?
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Orange Alps Options?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 01:43:12 »
As you may know, they were overwhelmingly used in Apple boards. (My Apple //c had them in its integrated keyboard, back in the '90s—they were terrific!)

Don't know how much you want to spend, but I see these are available on Ebay, not too expensively, and the layout's better:

Vintage Wang 724 Alps Keyboards ($150 ea., down to $120 ea. for 4 or more)

Here's a GH thread on them. (Be prepared for major "keyboard chow", though.  :confused: )
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 08:46:37 »
I appreciate the reply! I ended up snagging an orange alps AEK and even restored it recently (It wasn't in the best of condition). Didn't know about the wang boards though, I'll have to check them out!
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline leetuser

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 March 2023, 11:15:50 »
That ebay listing for the Wang boards is asking for $80+ on shipping! :llama: