Author Topic: NEW KEYS ARE COMING  (Read 8103 times)

Offline KeenOnKeys

• Location: Planet Earth I believe, not to sure though, so don't take my word for it!
  • Need something memorable and catchy here, don't I?
NEW KEYS ARE COMING
« on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 10:48:36 »
Most, in fact all of you probably have no idea who I am.

There isn't too much information about me, a part from I have always had an interest in keys. I like 'decorating' mini sculptures and other mini objects like keys....

Anyway I am thinking of maybe selling some of my keys off as people will buy them and hopefully will like them. At the moment I feel a bit cheeky saying that but if someone likes my 'artwork', then why not sell them off because I have plenty of keys. Obviously I won't sell them unless they are brand new, so that is why I am going to design some of my own.

At this moment in time I have a few ideas of what I am going to make, however I will need a bit of time to find the best method for making them look how I want them to look. Furthermore, most of them will be original as I have never seen any like this.

Lastly, before you get the wrong idea, don't expect anything too amazing as I am not some amazing artist but.... well you'll just have to wait and see, if you like them, you like them, if you don't, you don't, no problem. There is not much point in me telling you more about them anymore, so just wait and see and remember to "Notify" this page to see any further updates if you are interested! Thank You!  ^-^ ^-^

« Last Edit: Sat, 24 November 2012, 11:00:36 by KeenOnKeys »
- KeenOnKeys

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
Re: NEW KEYS ARE COMING
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 11:18:17 »
Sweet! I'm looking forward to some updates!

So, tell us a bit more about yourself while this is your first post, what kind of things are you thinking of making?

Welcome to Geekhack by the way!
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:25:14 »
Welcome to Geekhack !!!

Haha I'm interested to know too what type of keycaps are you making?  :D

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:34:19 »
You've got me pretty anxious, but my wallet is feeling pretty scared.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. :D

And welcome to geekhack.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:37:23 »
We must know more before reaching for our wallets!

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 23:07:11 »
Can I give you money now or do I have to wait
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 23:37:24 »
Any bets he's nail polishing skulls?

I keeeeeed...I keeeeeed...

Offline mickd

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 23:42:41 »
He's not coming back, is he? =(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
NEW KEYS ARE COMING
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 23:44:41 »
He's not coming back, is he? =(

Maybe he's busy creating! Maybe he is using thick oil paints and its going to take months to dry!

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 23:57:04 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 23:57:31 »

^ :)
I love Elzy

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 00:25:06 »
Can't wait! :) Oh, and get ready for some hating.
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 00:48:48 »
Damn, and I was just about to launch my line of keycap sculptures, created by using boiling acetone to deform the keycap in a modern and abstract way. How will I compete?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 00:52:34 »
Show Image

By the way, what colour is that?  Orange, or golden yellow?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 19:26:53 »

McDonalds Yellow

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline litster

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 19:47:59 »
Well, my last post was deleted for whatever reason, so I will post this picture instead, since this picture is already been on many other threads on GH.

It is Spongebob yellow

« Last Edit: Sun, 25 November 2012, 19:49:32 by litster »

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 20:02:46 »
Time to make some key caps on this

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 20:45:01 »
Mmmkay thanks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KeenOnKeys

• Location: Planet Earth I believe, not to sure though, so don't take my word for it!
  • Need something memorable and catchy here, don't I?
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 13:16:08 »
Hello! Sorry for not replying I have just been a tad busy lately. ;)

Anyway I just want to say thank you all for making me feel so welcome in this community already!

All I can say now is that I have many different ideas which I believe are original but some are quite simple but as I have already said, are quite original. However I hope you will enjoy the keys I release. Thank you! ^-^ ^-^
- KeenOnKeys

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 14:57:11 »
If you make even half-decent custom keycaps (except Spongebob yellow ones with a smiley face drawn on in texta) then you will have people queuing up to buy them.

We are all eagerly anticipating what you will make :)

Offline litster

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 20:03:15 »
what?  You don't like my yellow smiley keycap?  It is hand made and it is rare!  It must be worth tens of dollars!

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 20:45:15 »
That cap is made of awesome.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 21:02:13 »
what?  You don't like my yellow smiley keycap?  It is hand made and it is rare!  It must be worth tens of dollars!

Where are all the people queuing up to buy this? ;)

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 21:13:26 »
Where are all the people queuing up to buy this? ;)
I already PM'd him a $250 offer.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 21:38:49 »
i hope this doesnt become another KBC.

posts something that's "coming soon" then never sells it.

LOOKING AT U BLACK ON DARK GREY PBT DYE SUBS.

although if it's more damn nail polish keycaps i hope it DOES become another KBC.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 21:48:50 »

Bro you forgot to mention: ITS KOREAN

i hope this doesnt become another KBC.

posts something that's "coming soon" then never sells it.

LOOKING AT U BLACK ON DARK GREY PBT DYE SUBS.

although if it's more damn nail polish keycaps i hope it DOES become another KBC.

Thought that was Vortex. ROFL
I love Elzy

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 21:50:14 »
that was vortex and they werent just some rando that posted a thread on geekhack... why do you guys even give half a **** about some nub with nothing to show
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 22:10:55 »
I legit thought I was gonna get a nice alu case for my Filco from Vortex. So disappoint.
I love Elzy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 22:16:31 »
isnt vortex just kbc with a new name?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 22:22:28 »
no idea.... I thought they were different? KBC is still around aren't they..?

Demik almost at 7k :D
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 22:35:20 »
Demik almost at 7k :D

Go demik!11!!one!!

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 23:40:25 »
isnt vortex just kbc with a new name?
No.

Offline cwang1004

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 17:28:38 »
I'm a huge key cap fan. So I am very anxious to see your work! Looking forward to seen your updates to this thread.
Realforce 87U Variable
HHKB Professional 2 Type-S

Leopold FC660M w/ brown
Filcos TKL w/ brown, clear.
KMAC2 87 w/ clear
KMAC1.2 87 w/ blue.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 17:31:25 »
Show Image

Golden shower yellow

it's all the rage in Korea. If you have to ask, you can't afford........
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 November 2012, 18:32:12 by The_Beast »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
NEW KEYS ARE COMING
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 18:29:04 »
Show Image

Golden shower yellow

it's all the rage in Korean. If you have to ask, you can't afford........

Uuhhh I think I'll pass on that one ...

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 03:41:33 »
In all fairness, it is a good, deep yellow. ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 03:45:39 »
It looked more like a yellowish orange, but that could just have been my monitor.

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 09:02:34 »
thinking man keycap hewn of solid marble or i'm going to be disappointed!