geekhack Community > New Members

Hi from Philadelphia!

(1/2) > >>

Flyersfan1:
Hello Geekhack!  Just thought officially introduce myself here, In the short time I have been viewing this forum I have learned so much about mechanical keyboards and its accessories.  I'm relatively new to using Mechanical keyboards but it has been pure bliss ever since I made the transition.  I have only tried MX Blues so far, I absolutely love them for typing(can't get enough of that click), and they suit my needs for the light gaming I do when I'm not in school.  I'm really intrigued by the Torpe RF keyboards, but my budget currently won't really allow me to get one, maybe in a year or two.  I do however plan on purchasing the WASD v2 in March.  I'm currently using a QFR, which to be honest was a little difficult to adjust to after using full sized keyboards for so long, but once I got the hang of it, I found it a real pleasure to type on.  I have been able to recommend certain keyboards to friends of mine based on what type of experience they are looking for in my short time here, so thanks for being such a wonderful resource.  I look forward to getting to know some of you guys on the forums!

esoomenona:
Nice to officially make your acquaintance. I've been looking at Topre for as long as I've been here, and I still don't own one...

Tarzan:
Welcome to the board!  Nice to see some fellow members from the NE, I'm in the greater DC area of Virginia myself.

I use a TKL board (Noppoo Choc Mini) at work and a full-size keyboard for gaming (backwards, I know...), and I don't usually have any difficulty transitioning between them.  I've only tried Cherry MX greens and browns so far, both are very tactile and not too loud.  I hear you about the Topre, I do see a lot of fans here, but I'm actually thinking of trying one of the buckling spring keyboards, like the Unicomp/IBM keyboards.

Glissant:
Welcome to the board :). Blue switches are my favorite too. I think Topre is overrated, but that's just my humble opinion :)).
Please enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to leave your wallet with our group buy organizers ;).

Binge:
Happy to meet another PA GHer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version