Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2763350 times)

Offline Pangorin

Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #7300 on: Wed, 04 January 2023, 09:02:32 »
Keyboard: MW65 (stacked acrylic), gasket mounted
Switch: Gateron Milky Green KS3X47, Payson 67g spring
Keycap: JCStudio PBT Hebrew

Despite being a daily driver, this keyboard surprised me. Lightweight, good typing feel, and cheap as dirt.

Finalkey Origin65A || Sundae || JCStudio SAV

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #7301 on: Wed, 04 January 2023, 10:38:08 »
At both work and home, I'm using Topre Realforce RGB keyboards with aftermarket white PBT keycaps. Both boards have the stock Topre domes replaced with BKE Ultra Light domes. Absolute joy to type on.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #7302 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 09:09:31 »
Modded Realforce R2 TKL 55g with SA Filco keycaps :)

295187-0
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Pandarose_

« Reply #7303 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 16:20:21 »
currently using a Sesame(fr4 sandwich alice board) with lubed akko matcha greens, love it but waiting for microcontroller board to arrive so i can build my 40% split low profile board
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2023, 16:44:18 by Pandarose_ »

Offline QuantumKeys

• Discord - BreakF4#7777
    • Quantum Keys Design
« Reply #7304 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 19:17:43 »
Just built a Keycult No2 TKL so using that, but I have a lot of RAMA boards as well I like to use. Mainly my Koyu tank or M65 PC

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7305 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 02:51:53 »
MS Windows' touchscreen keyboard, because my Bluetooth keyboard died...

Offline RitzyKraken

• Ritzy Kraken
« Reply #7306 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 12:38:43 »
I’m not much into building keyboards, but I’m using a Keychron Q5 with Chosfox Voyager switches. Fits all my needs.
Artisan wrist rest maker in the USA
https://www.instagram.com/ritzykraken/

Offline RitzyKraken

• Ritzy Kraken
« Reply #7307 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 12:39:50 »
Right now I’m using an Apple Magic keyboard. I wouldn’t say it’s magic. But it’s alright for my iPad
Artisan wrist rest maker in the USA
https://www.instagram.com/ritzykraken/

Offline Mandan

« Reply #7308 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 11:48:27 »
IBM Model F/AT with various remapped keys.  I haven't done the M spacebar mod yet; that'll give me a left backspace and an alt-gr.

"There can be only one."

Offline livewirerc

« Reply #7309 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 16:08:42 »
Neverest 60 from Deskeys.io. Kinda flew under the radar, but it's a 100% complete custom ec kit in true HHKB layout (off-center 6u spacebar with blockers), and all components save keycaps made by deskeys.

Apparently caps are soon to follow.

Offline vice

« Reply #7310 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 10:23:22 »
I'm using a Masterworks Classy TKL (WKL) with authentic Vintage Black switches! The type feel and sound signature sound amazing, I love it!

I recently bought a Cloud White Satisfaction 75 that I can't wait to build, but i'm still undecided on what switches to go with.

Offline Amalhaby

• MX120)
« Reply #7311 on: Mon, 23 January 2023, 04:55:10 »
At home I use Keychron C1 87, and at work Logitech k120. This is one of the tortures, constantly switching from a good keyboard to a terrible one)))

Offline Aethelberht

« Reply #7312 on: Tue, 24 January 2023, 23:51:06 »
My current daily driver is Ottantaquattro

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #7313 on: Fri, 27 January 2023, 14:34:29 »
Right now: CoolerMaster MK730 (MasterKeys tenkeyless reedition), Cherry browns
Broke this week: Modecom Volcano Blade, choc blues (Kailh low-profile) — this is almost identical to Sharkoon Purewriter

Considering next: Logitech G815, Purewriter w/reds.

Offline dellmodelm

« Reply #7314 on: Sun, 29 January 2023, 11:57:22 »
At home I use Keychron C1 87, and at work Logitech k120. This is one of the tortures, constantly switching from a good keyboard to a terrible one)))

Interesting, those 2 specific keyboards are actually in my work-from-home keyboard locker, along with the following:

• 1995 Dell/Lexmark model M (buckling springs) (current daily driver for work-from-home and everything else)
  • Omen Encoder with Cherry MX reds
  • Vortex Race 3 with RGB and native USB-C (Cherry MX reds)

The Omen was my first-ever official mechanical keyboard purchase (acquired at the beginning of 2022 at Best Buy when it was $99), and it's still my 2nd favorite keyboard (after the Dell). I grabbed the Keychron C1 direct from Keychron (it's RGB, Gateron reds, not hotswappable) when I had seen a lot of positive reviews and videos. I used the C1 for a while, but coming from a board (Omen) with genuine Cherry MX reds, I realized MXs have their own unique feel (at least to me) and the Gaterons don't. Just something... off... about the way the Gaterons feel that I don't like.

I don't really use the Vortex for anything; it just sits in a drawer.

Which leaves the Logitech K120. This was my daily driver for 20+ years.* It got me through college, grad school, and numerous jobs, most especially my last "important" job. The K120 was so ingrained into my psyche that in my mind, it was (and still is) the very definition of a computer keyboard. I had 2 models, an old/early one that I've owned since at least the late '90s (its serial number is engraved into the plastic on the back), and one I bought in 2017 from Walmart (serial number is on a cheap sticker) that cost under $15 and I wound up donating to Goodwill. I still have the super-old K120 and pull it out every now and then to type something on it.

(The older and newer K120s look identical from the front, but I swear there was a huge difference in the way they felt to type on, with the older one being a lot better.)

I changed jobs after the pandemic and started doing audio (podcast) editing, mainly working nights to have podcasts ready to drop the next day. I needed a backlit keyboard, so that meant replacing the K120 with the Omen Encoder. Then I decided to try out TKL, so got the Keychron, then wanted a TKL with genuine MXs, so picked up the Vortex. Then, decided I didn't like TKLs after all, went back to the Omen, then wanted something with a heavier switch, so started looking for a keyboard with MX blacks (heavier than MX reds), couldn't find a board with MX blacks that looked like a good buy, then wound up with this model M, which is heavier than MX blacks.

In the end, here's what I learned:

-- I like heavier switches (but have never tried Cherry MX blacks because I can't find a board for sale anywhere that looks decent).
-- I prefer full-sized to TKL.
-- RGB is overrated.

*Online sources site the year-of-release of the K120 as 2012, but I swear I was using the K120 or some direct ancestor as far back as the mid-1990s.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 January 2023, 15:27:25 by dellmodelm »

Offline Nerif

« Reply #7315 on: Sun, 29 January 2023, 15:01:14 »
Razer Blackwidow 2016 with Greetech Razer Oranges. Somehow I really enjoy using it.
̷C̷M̷ ̷Q̷F̷ ̷X̷T̷ ̷[̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷u̷e̷ ̷→̷ ̷C̷h̷e̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷M̷X̷ ̷B̷l̷a̷c̷k̷ ̷H̷y̷p̷e̷r̷g̷l̷i̷d̷e̷]̷
Anne Pro 2 [Gateron CAP Brown → Kailh BOX Dark Yellow]

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #7316 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 09:45:40 »
Skeleton TKL, phantom pcb, DSS keycaps,

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2023, 14:56:35 by diqkiq »
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline VaporKeebs

« Reply #7317 on: Fri, 03 February 2023, 06:05:37 »
Brane Minus from CoffeeBreak Keyboards.
  • acrylic plate
  • Gateron Azure Dragon v2
  • TX long-pole 1.6mm stabilizer
  • Simple Grey XDA caps

Offline Karley Bruen

« Reply #7318 on: Fri, 03 February 2023, 06:41:13 »
I am currently using a Logitech K360 wireless keyboard. It's a great keyboard with a slim design, comfortable keys, and a good range of features. :thumb:

Offline sovyrrab

« Reply #7319 on: Sat, 11 February 2023, 19:42:40 »
296381-0

It's refined, like a cold war era tank doing a burn-out in a swamp.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 February 2023, 19:45:27 by sovyrrab »

Offline mechendev

« Reply #7320 on: Mon, 13 February 2023, 00:58:59 »
Work: Loga Yaksa Pro: Printstream Editiion TKL w/ GMK Red Samurai - Gateron Reds
Home: KBDFans 5ş w/ Drop x Marvel Black Panther MT3 - Mauve Switches

Offline NKay

« Reply #7321 on: Tue, 14 February 2023, 23:38:33 »
Current : Jris65, tmt story, s2 v2 snow
Soon : QK75, epbt sniper, gazzew u4t

Still waiting for my qk and epbt sniper :(

Offline CyCo

« Reply #7322 on: Wed, 15 February 2023, 04:11:44 »
Return my Drop CTRL coz of the angle and the lack of 5 pin switch support. Back to razer, until i start assembling some boards that got delivered

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7323 on: Wed, 15 February 2023, 23:10:08 »
(Attachment Link)

It's refined, like a cold war era tank doing a burn-out in a swamp.

Great boards. The newer ones anyway. They fit in the Aliexpress aluminum TKL cases if you're interested.

Matias switches need a revival.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #7324 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 16:18:56 »
Did they ever fix the issues people had with them? I'd get them to try myself but I don't particularly like clicky alps, and I'm not gonna spend any of my money on their god awful proprietary boards they come in.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7325 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 18:26:51 »
Did they ever fix the issues people had with them? I'd get them to try myself but I don't particularly like clicky alps, and I'm not gonna spend any of my money on their god awful proprietary boards they come in.

Yes, they did. Probably years ago now since I have a random smattering of their boards I bought used and they all work perfectly. I have multiple threads on here about current Matias QC and reliability. Here's the recent one specifically about the switches and boards/firmware.

What's wrong with their "proprietary" boards? Their tactiles and "linears" are awesome too if you don't like clicky Alps.

Offline Subdromat

« Reply #7326 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 03:54:46 »
Filco TKL with brown cherry switches, casemod and ISO-DE PBT keycaps

Offline KiserDesigns

• Kiser Designs Store
« Reply #7327 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 12:35:36 »
Current: QAZpad in a P3DStore stacked acrylic case, FR4 plate, Durock L2 switches, DSA Red Velvet
298071-0

Future: Monorail FR4 Skeleton Kit, Durock L2 switches, DSS Carpinteria
* kiser-monorail-40-kitakisegb0516089-293514_1800x1800.webp (60.55 kB - downloaded 30 times.)

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #7328 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 14:19:24 »
Here is my pair of Bostons:
(Attachment Link)
The upper is my first one, Hako True switches and MT3 Suswatari with some SA Row1 for the extra keys. This one lives at the office.
The lower one is my home board, Mil-Maxed, Kalih pale blue clickbar switches and /dev/tty MT3 keys (Base, Numpad and Extras kits)
OOOOOH boston posting time? Here's my ALU one ^^

And here it is in my dorm!

(That illumination is just from the lock lights btw)
It's got Zeal PC clickiez and DCS SolDark on it :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2023, 15:45:13 by CaesarAZealad »
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline Raw Studio

• Discord: leo22#2956
« Reply #7329 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 02:57:09 »
My very first is NJ68 + CMK WOB + Blue Kailh Box

Now is
Zoom65 wireless
Boba U4T
Domikey WOB
Android Artisan Esc

Pretty satisfy with this build

Offline WimWalther

« Reply #7330 on: Sat, 15 April 2023, 12:28:42 »
298350-0

BTC-5100C, Dark gray PS/2 version.

Had this particular one for.. 10+ years?
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 April 2023, 12:43:55 by WimWalther »

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #7331 on: Fri, 28 April 2023, 23:22:15 »
I'm using a Drop ALT with Gateron Brown RGB's, Molykote EM-30L lube, Sprit 60g springs, and Akko Cherry Profile keycaps.  Akko makes super high quality keycaps, though I prefer OEM.  Oh, durock stabilizers.  I love this grease.  It is much more cost effective than the more commonly used-  I $10 jar is enough for a lifetime.  IMHO it is superior as well.  It is thick so you need only a very small amount.

The Drop keyboards are OK.  I am using it because I only use flat keyboards, or very low angle and there are so few that do this. 

298727-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 April 2023, 23:26:14 by jcoffin1981 »
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline Terrysko

• Optimizing, modifying, perfecting, my lifestyle!
« Reply #7332 on: Mon, 01 May 2023, 00:16:45 »
Since I have only used an IBM Model M for a long time, I was forced to switch to a different keyboard last year due to a new machine. Since then, the Cherry G80-3000 with blue MX switches has been my primary keyboard. For the second monitor I have now ordered a Filco Majestouch-2 TKL with brown Cherry MX switches, which is currently in the mail. Alternatively, another keyboard (WASD V3 87-Key Custom with blue Cherry MX switches) is being planned, but its purchase has not yet been decided.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 May 2023, 00:19:39 by Terrysko »
"We approach manufacturing by applying unique ideas and technologies to satisfy real-world needs." - Topre Corporation

Wishlist: Topre Realforce 105U;

Offline atarione

« Reply #7333 on: Mon, 01 May 2023, 19:10:33 »
My love of my 8~ish year old Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (mx-reds) w/ vortex PBT keycaps remains undiminished.     I had been using a Archiss Quattro TKL (mx-brown) for awhile, but I have switched back to the Filco, which just feels fantastic even after 8yrs or so of more or less constant use.

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #7334 on: Tue, 02 May 2023, 02:40:20 »
Here is my pair of Bostons:
(Attachment Link)
The upper is my first one, Hako True switches and MT3 Suswatari with some SA Row1 for the extra keys. This one lives at the office.
The lower one is my home board, Mil-Maxed, Kalih pale blue clickbar switches and /dev/tty MT3 keys (Base, Numpad and Extras kits)
OOOOOH boston posting time? Here's my ALU one ^^

It's got Zeal PC clickiez and DCS SolDark on it :)
Dang, that looks nice. I tried some clickiez, but I just couldn't get myself to get enough of them to fill a Boston. How are you liking them? I think I am going to swap out the Hako's in my black one for some more light blues. I'll probably bring my home board into the office to see if anyone notices :)
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline Terrysko

« Reply #7335 on: Tue, 02 May 2023, 06:55:43 »
My love of my 8~ish year old Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (mx-reds) w/ vortex PBT keycaps remains undiminished.
By the way, your hi-fi system looks very nice in the background, it seems to be from the mid-1970s. :thumb:
"We approach manufacturing by applying unique ideas and technologies to satisfy real-world needs." - Topre Corporation

Offline VaporKeebs

« Reply #7336 on: Wed, 03 May 2023, 08:54:36 »

My endgame is complete. Took two tries to get a combo I am super happy with. Since the photo I have changed the switches from stock Boba U4Ts to JWK Taros lubed with Tribosys 3203. I've removed all the foam including the pcb foam and added the keebmat tape mod which is a really nice clear adhesive backing for a pcb. Worked to patch together the slits in the PCB and prevent PCB shorting now that there is no case foam (i dont know if that was going to be an issue but now its stopped before it starts). Still using the POM plate and cherry stabs. It sound so marbley now and the alphas are super creamy. Also replaced the caps lock switch with a box jade because why not?

Still piecing together a 3 artisan combo for the right side macro column but I think I finally found the perfect color Kolk.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7337 on: Wed, 03 May 2023, 10:04:10 »

My endgame is complete.

Ha ha ha - famous last words.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline VaporKeebs

« Reply #7338 on: Thu, 04 May 2023, 05:50:42 »
Ha ha ha - famous last words.

Nah. Ive been in this hobby long enough to know the kind of rabbit hole it is. This is my 20th board and I still have 3 more on the way. I need to make homes for a few more of my favorite sets... namely Cherry Spellbook which will go on my Zoom65, DSS Lightcycle which will go on my Curio, and GMK Digital Nightmare will go on my Envoy. I still have GMK DMG, GMK NTD, GMK Terror Below, and GMK Metropolis to make homes for as well. I can see myself throwing either DMG or NTD on my Dash75 and selling GMK Redacted. And I can see myself selling GMK Metropolis as well. So I will likely buy 2 or 3 more boards before I stop buying stuff. And I'll probably keep buying cool artisans.

A while ago I thought I knew what my endgame was. And 20 boards later Ive gone in a direction I did not expect to go and I have a board that has become perfect in every way. Unless I become a snobby alps lover I think Im going to be using this board for a long time.

Offline marksen

« Reply #7339 on: Thu, 04 May 2023, 07:55:54 »
My love of my 8~ish year old Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (mx-reds) w/ vortex PBT keycaps remains undiminished.
By the way, your hi-fi system looks very nice in the background, it seems to be from the mid-1970s. :thumb:

To my eyes it looks like a Monarch which would be early 80s or possibly late 70s. (But I could be wrong, it's happened before.)

Offline zslane

« Reply #7340 on: Thu, 04 May 2023, 20:29:20 »
Giving this layout a try. Having trouble adapting to the bizarre location of the nav cluster keys. It doesn't help that I don't have them in Row 0 profile.

298870-0

NuPhy Halo 96 with Rose Glacier (tactile) switches and MT3 Dasher keycaps.

Offline Marboard

• Marboard.net
« Reply #7341 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 14:26:09 »
Romeo 40 with Kailh Blacks, I wan't the number row back.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #7342 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 16:48:10 »
Giving this layout a try. Having trouble adapting to the bizarre location of the nav cluster keys. It doesn't help that I don't have them in Row 0 profile.

I think it looks fine and even suitably retro to have uneven keycap profiles over in the corner.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7343 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 20:44:40 »

suitably retro to have uneven keycap profiles over in the corner.

Photo from NASA Museum in Huntsville, Alabama.

State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Terrysko

« Reply #7344 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 05:36:12 »
For the second monitor I have now ordered a Filco Majestouch-2 TKL with brown Cherry MX switches, which is currently in the mail.
Luckily for me, the delivery didn't take longer than it did before the pandemic, exactly one week. The keyboard is exactly what I expected, even the weight. The brown Cherry MX switches are more comfortable to use than I thought. This purchase was definitely worth every penny. Let's see, maybe I'll get involved in a custom-made product in the near future. :thumb:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #7345 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 00:10:47 »

Corsair K70 RGB TKL (MX Speed Silver). Not very imaginative—but it's part of the mix and it's fast and goes "clickety click", so hey, right?
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2023, 01:05:37 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Terrysko

« Reply #7346 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 02:41:50 »
... but it's part of the mix and it's fast and goes "clickety click", so hey, right?
And what does the other one do with its 88 keys? ;)

Offline boku

« Reply #7347 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 21:25:55 »
Red LZ erGhost with my fav batch of mx browns and some CRP APL to match the red, typing for long periods of time on this is comfy but now I'm really starting to dislike PBT
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2023, 21:27:58 by boku »

Offline Subdromat

« Reply #7348 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 02:18:12 »
while not possible selling discontinued KBparadise v80 TKL vintage speed silver , even for the price of switches, i gave it a chance :)  great for office,gaming or rack :(

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #7349 on: Sat, 03 June 2023, 17:14:01 »
while not possible selling discontinued KBparadise v80 TKL vintage speed silver , even for the price of switches, i gave it a chance :)  great for office,gaming or rack :(

Show Image

Show Image

There's vintage speed silvers?