geekhack Marketplace > Signature Plastics / PimpMyKeyboard

GB Site Updates & Upgrades

<< < (11/13) > >>

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: potatowire on Sat, 16 May 2015, 10:42:17 ---
--- Quote from: Matt3o on Sat, 16 May 2015, 02:12:22 ---PLEASE PLEEEASE release the SA-ROW-4-SHIFTS!

--- End quote ---

Seconded! SA definitely seems to be rising in popularity, and I suspect a little investment in the profile would pay off quickly.

-potatowire

--- End quote ---
Thirded - the money I could be spending on another cap set will be going to make a board with 1.75 and 1u shifts so they are the correct profile.

Nai_Calus:

--- Quote from: KHAANNN on Sat, 16 May 2015, 14:09:34 ---In my opinion, the top-thickness of SA is wasted as the stem holder is flush with the keycap, so the keycap amplifies the sound rather than suppressing it (at the bottom out,
I had the chance to try SA keycaps lately, they just made me like DSA's more, especially sculptured SA's are extreme, row1 is almost 3x DSA's, no need for that much heft for no gain

--- End quote ---

No gain? You mean other than being a lot easier to use and better for your hands? DSA is awful, the flat profile makes you reach more for further keys and makes it harder to clear rows going up. All Row 3 SA isn't any better. Flat profiles are bad.

There have been far too many DSA sets lately and I hope they get given a rest for a while. It's an absolutely terrible profile.

livingspeedbump:

--- Quote from: SPLady on Fri, 15 May 2015, 23:43:45 ---As most of you are aware, we have experienced many functional problems with the PMK website over the past year. This has not only been frustrating for you users but it has been equally frustrating for us as well. It’s time to make a change.

Over the next couple months we will be moving the site to a new platform. Hopefully this change will address the many frustrations you have experienced from lack of mobile access to simply checking out without any problems.

We also plan to make one major change to the site. The Interest Check and Group Buy format has been very successful, making some very creative designs available to a lot of people. Unfortunately we are seeing more and more of these great designs, many receiving hundreds of “like” votes, die during the 30-day Group Buy period. Under the new format we plan to still display designs in the Interest Check, but once they receive a certain number of “like” votes we will move the design into our production cue. Once produced, the sets will become available in our Key Shop where they can be purchased and shipped within days of ordering. This way you decide when to buy the keysets, minimizing the competition we are now seeing with so many new designs being launched at the same time. We would like to have at least 20 different custom designs available through our Key Shop.

And one more change. We plan to pay a 5% royalty on the net sales of each keyset design that is up for sale to the creator of the design. We feel the creative efforts that go into these keysets should be rewarded!

We thank you for your patience and support while we incorporate these changes. We also welcome any and all suggestions you may have on how to further improve the site.

--- End quote ---

This is such fantastic news. I think the changes go above and beyond any expectations I would have had regarding what needed to change.

It just makes so much more sense to be able to buy the keysets on a normal basis. I know so many sales have to be lost simply because potential buyers just don't have the extra money at the right moment to spend on a keyset. This new store seems to completely fix that issue. And having 20+ designs?! Terrible, terrible news for my wallet. Just awful news ;)

Data:

--- Quote from: SPLady on Fri, 15 May 2015, 23:43:45 ---As most of you are aware, we have experienced many functional problems with the PMK website over the past year. This has not only been frustrating for you users but it has been equally frustrating for us as well. It’s time to make a change.

Over the next couple months we will be moving the site to a new platform. Hopefully this change will address the many frustrations you have experienced from lack of mobile access to simply checking out without any problems.

We also plan to make one major change to the site. The Interest Check and Group Buy format has been very successful, making some very creative designs available to a lot of people. Unfortunately we are seeing more and more of these great designs, many receiving hundreds of “like” votes, die during the 30-day Group Buy period. Under the new format we plan to still display designs in the Interest Check, but once they receive a certain number of “like” votes we will move the design into our production cue. Once produced, the sets will become available in our Key Shop where they can be purchased and shipped within days of ordering. This way you decide when to buy the keysets, minimizing the competition we are now seeing with so many new designs being launched at the same time. We would like to have at least 20 different custom designs available through our Key Shop.

And one more change. We plan to pay a 5% royalty on the net sales of each keyset design that is up for sale to the creator of the design. We feel the creative efforts that go into these keysets should be rewarded!

We thank you for your patience and support while we incorporate these changes. We also welcome any and all suggestions you may have on how to further improve the site.

--- End quote ---

Wow!  That's a significant change.  Honestly it sounds great.  Just some web site improvements would have been a huge step in the right direction.  This is game-changing!

Bravo!

livingspeedbump:
Good news for me. Now I can definitely buy Danger Zone!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version