geekhack Marketplace > Matias

Matias 60% Keyboard Group Buy

<< < (37/37)

Maledicted:

--- Quote from: Hapi on Fri, 01 April 2022, 10:29:22 ---The design is outdated. A bite of vintage keyboards have a contemporary design, such as focus keyboards. I don't care much about design if the keyboard is good. But there are not many such enthusiasts.

+ Glossy plastic is not practical: fingerprints, glare and scratches.

--- End quote ---

I don't think that designs get outdated. Trends are pointless. Their mini keyboards are wonderful in both form and function. I would like them maybe a little smaller, but oh well.

Fingerprints, glare and scratches are irrelevant. It is a tool, not an art exhibit.

I wish they made something like a 65% without gigantic boards around the case, with a Windows-based mapping and clicky switches, but they're catering to what they perceive to be their primary market: Nostalgic Apple users who used things like the AEK back in the 90s.

If enough people show interest, maybe they'll start making more enthusiast-based products, but their switches have a bad reputation for problems with the old Forward switches and/or QC in installation of the switches in the past. I don't think this is really a problem at all anymore, but the reputation remains.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version