Author Topic: Project Zealio - 62g/65g/67g Purple "MX Clear" Switch in transparent housing  (Read 454565 times)

Offline KaminKevCrew

Re: Project Zealio - 62g Purple "MX Clear" Switch in transparent housing
« Reply #500 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:47:03 »
Woops, forgot to show this pcb shot.

Lots of interesting things can be done...
Show Image

Is that PCB fully programmable? Like, including media keys? If it is, can I buy it at the time that the GB happens? Because I would love to...

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #501 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:51:11 »

Show Image

Is that PCB fully programmable? Like, including media keys? If it is, can I buy it at the time that the GB happens? Because I would love to...

The PCB isn't part of the GB. I just picked out one of my unassembled keyboards from my pile and did a photoshoot. :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #502 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 23:00:06 »

Show Image

Oh well, guess I'll have to find a board for myself then :P (maybe I'll go and design one!!! though the first few(hundred) would suck, since I know nothing about it at this point...

The PCB isn't part of the GB. I just picked out one of my unassembled keyboards from my pile and did a photoshoot. :)

Offline SadisticReap

« Reply #503 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 00:37:31 »
I am so jumping in on this GB when it is available. These along with the TK-78 are gonna make a beautiful DD for me.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #504 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 03:14:57 »
As I asked whether they would be lubed or not in the mail thread I come back here. Do you think it would be possible to include lube in this GB as well like Krytox (don't remember the exact reference)?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #505 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 03:16:14 »
Aww yeeee

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline maximusprimate

• maxben.net
« Reply #506 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 09:17:43 »
Not sure if this has been asked yet, but is there any chance of selling just the sliders (sans spring and housing) for a smaller price?  If so, how do you think they would fit in a Cherry/Gateron housing?  I'll probably end up getting a bunch of these switches either way, but if I could save a buck I would.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #507 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 09:32:11 »
As I asked whether they would be lubed or not in the mail thread I come back here. Do you think it would be possible to include lube in this GB as well like Krytox (don't remember the exact reference)?
I still have a few GH lube kits left over. I'll definitely be asking mkawa about supplying some more Krytox for these switches. 

Aww yeeee
Show Image

Bon voyage. :)

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but is there any chance of selling just the sliders (sans spring and housing) for a smaller price?  If so, how do you think they would fit in a Cherry/Gateron housing?  I'll probably end up getting a bunch of these switches either way, but if I could save a buck I would.

The sliders will fit in Cherry/Gateron housings no problem, but Gateron wouldn't want to be selling the sliders individually. They prefer manufacturing products as a "package".

Offline dante

« Reply #508 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 09:37:09 »
Help me out here - Gateron's are already smooth enough.  Why add lube?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #509 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 09:38:22 »
Help me out here - Gateron's are already smooth enough.  Why add lube?

So you can experience this

Like I said, if the user thinks it's smooth enough, then by all means this will replace all the tedious work required to make ergo clears. But for the enthusiasts that want the best of the best, they'll open the switches up and lube em. :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2015, 09:40:19 by Zeal »

Offline dante

« Reply #510 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 10:00:13 »
Like I said, if the user thinks it's smooth enough, then by all means this will replace all the tedious work required to make ergo clears. But for the enthusiasts that want the best of the best, they'll open the switches up and lube em. :)

Yes but some typing will help wear down the stems as well.  If these get put in an "end game" keyboard that is used 8-10 hours a day every day the results should be fairly close after a year or so.

I just think it is confusing to folks after hearing how smooth Gaterons are compared to their Cherry counterparts and yet people are still adding lube.  Sounds similar to Chinese hot peppers - can't get enough I suppose. :)

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #511 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 12:05:53 »
These need to go in my Poker 2. Can't wait for the GB!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2015, 13:21:32 by pichu23 »
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
I'm prepared to replace 2 keyboards worth of clear switches for these. My biggest complaint with clears has always been the scratchiness, if these are really that smooth I will be buying lots of them!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
I will be excited to see how these compare to worn clears. They are currently my favorite switch

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #515 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 19:35:32 »
Will lube be available for purchase with this buy?

Offline ika

« Reply #516 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 19:39:05 »
So what's the deal with the RGB LED compatibility? Four holes in the switch bottom? Do 3mm (or whatever) in-switch RGB LEDs exist? What else is required for full control of the "RGB" part, an LED driver and support baked into the PCB? Was the 4-pin LED pictured by Zeal, the ones he said he would be stocking after PCB support is added, a 1.8mm LED?
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2015, 21:15:43 by ika »

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #517 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 19:59:56 »
I think Zeal would like to stop answering the same questions multiple times, please refer to the past couple of pages or search the thread first before posting a question  :thumb:  :p

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #518 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 20:14:47 »
I think Zeal would like to stop answering the same questions multiple times, please refer to the past couple of pages or search the thread first before posting a question  :thumb:  :p

You sound like someone who's run a GB before.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #519 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 02:10:18 »

You sound like someone who's run a GB before.

It might be nice if the first post included a FAQ? I know that when I asked my first questions, I was in a bit of a rush, so I didn't want to read through the whole thread... (I have now though, so I'm all caught up!)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #520 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 02:11:25 »

Will lube be available for purchase with this buy?

I still have a few GH lube kits left over. I'll definitely be asking mkawa about supplying some more Krytox for these switches. 

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
I will be excited to see how these compare to worn clears. They are currently my favorite switch
THIS^^^^ Very excited for these and will be buying some regardless of the outcome however due to gatetrons already smooth feel I'm very interested to see how these compare to a nicely lubed cherry ergo with identical weighted springs.

I'm not sure if comparing a new switch to worn clears would be exactly fair(unless it was a worn zealios switch) but I'm interested all the same  :eek:

Zeal or any other reviewers out there care to lube some zealios up and compare them to there cherry ergo brethren !

Thanks everyone involved !!!!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #522 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 07:08:02 »

But why male models?
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #523 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 14:08:33 »
So what's the deal with the RGB LED compatibility? Four holes in the switch bottom? Do 3mm (or whatever) in-switch RGB LEDs exist? What else is required for full control of the "RGB" part, an LED driver and support baked into the PCB? Was the 4-pin LED pictured by Zeal, the ones he said he would be stocking after PCB support is added, a 1.8mm LED?

A special PCB will be designed to support RGB LEDs. No, the 4-pin LED I showed in the previous post is not an 1.8mm LED.
1.8mm leds look like this

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 14:19:25 »
Ok Class, time for some keyboard science. :))

When I first took this comparison shot, it appeared that Gateron Purples had less of an "indent" during resting position of the switch.

But I was telling myself it's the darker colour & lubricant giving off that illusion.

So.....Today I cut off a leg... A Cherry Clear leg. :eek: (Excuse the dust, it took around 30minutes to have the legs aligned. :( Lots of touching involved)

Crop:

Purposely moved the clear leg a bit back to compare the bump & slopes. Mind you, it's very hard to make fine adjustments by hand when you're dealing with fractions of a millimeter!

Crop (Oh my, look at those mini bumps on the clear stem :)))

In Conclusion, the slopes and bumps are the same. The plastic is just that much smoother that I will most likely be upping the weight to replicate "vintage" ergo clears.

Just for fun. Sorry, Cherry Fans.

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 August 2015, 14:21:25 by Zeal »

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #525 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 15:35:15 »
Ok Class, time for some keyboard science. :))
I'm really liking the looks of those so far. Let us order them already!!! :P

Offline ika

« Reply #526 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 17:07:55 »
Personally I would like to stick with the 62g weight, or even a lighter weight, to make it closer to Browns with a bigger bump. Would be great if both switch weights would be available, but not sure how feasible that is.

Offline dante

« Reply #527 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 19:32:47 »
This thread needs less masturbation - more order taking.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #528 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 19:51:07 »
I think sometimes a heavier spring results in a better feeling travel. I'm not talking super heavy or anything but 65-72g... in that range. you can really appreciate the smoothness. When it's too light the key bottoms out too easily and you can't really feel just how smooth it was. Just one man's opinion anyways. \_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #529 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 03:26:24 »
Perhaps we could order the stem, housing and springs separately for those willing to have a different weight. Would it be doable Zeal?

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #530 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 04:00:28 »
Perhaps we could order the stem, housing and springs separately for those willing to have a different weight. Would it be doable Zeal?

The sliders will fit in Cherry/Gateron housings no problem, but Gateron wouldn't want to be selling the sliders individually. They prefer manufacturing products as a "package".

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder

Thanks but then will gateron be shipping the switches with the gold plated springs or will Zeal perform the swap by himself? In the last case perhaps he can offer not to swap them and sell springs on the side so people could pickup the weight they'd want.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #532 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 04:05:52 »

Thanks but then will gateron be shipping the switches with the gold plated springs or will Zeal perform the swap by himself? In the last case perhaps he can offer not to swap them and sell springs on the side so people could pickup the weight they'd want.

lol no Zeal ain't gonna swap each spring himself. Gateron has the springs.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder

lol no Zeal ain't gonna swap each spring himself. Gateron has the springs.
Fair enough. I wonder if he could offer different spring weight for the buy but I guess it would be harder to meet MOQ then if there is one.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Without having felt them, I would lean toward sticking with 62g. When I was playing around with ergoclears I thought that spring weight gave the best feel. I'll pretty much trust whatever zeal decides though  :thumb:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
Without having felt them, I would lean toward sticking with 62g. When I was playing around with ergoclears I thought that spring weight gave the best feel. I'll pretty much trust whatever zeal decides though  :thumb:
62g springs are the stereo typical ones for ergos and don't get me wrong I love that weighting however 65g and 67g are my faves. It's not much of a difference but I've found those to feel a little smoother with the increased weight. As strict said though I'll be happy with zeals choice! So much hype  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline BigTinz

« Reply #536 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 15:36:28 »
65g tactile plz.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #537 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 17:40:55 »

First impressions

A1 = 62g Linear Zealio
B1 = 62g stock Zealio
B2 = 65g stock Zealio
B3 = 67g stock Zealio
C1 = 62g lubed Zealio
C2 = 65g lubed Zealio
C3 = 67g lubed Zealio

A1 = Nope. Too light. Feels nice and smooth like a linear Gateron though
B1 = First time I tried a 62g Clear that wasn't sticky and didn't have any issues.
B2 = See above
B3 = Reminds me of my worn MX Clears at work. Well...at least the weight.
C1 = The bump feels more connected. Like it's one motion instead of two. Starting to convince me that previous 62g modded clears I've tried were a bust compared to this.
C2 = Might be my new favorite modded MX-mount "Clear" switch
C3 = Ugh I can't pick between this or C2

First thought I had was that all the modded MX Clears I tried were supposed to feel like this. Other than stock MX Clear and Panda Clears. 62g, 65g, and 67g never felt so good.

I'll do a better review later. I've got like 10 minutes of play time with these switches so far. I'm starting to feel more and more that Cherry MX is meh. Gateron and Greetech are becoming more interesting to me the more I play with them.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #538 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 17:51:14 »

First impressions

Show Image

C1 = The bump feels more connected. Like it's one motion instead of two. Starting to convince me that previous 62g modded clears I've tried were a bust compared to this.

C1 - Agreed, feels like one smooth motion. No bumpy roads or drops. Perhaps a new replacement for vintage browns? (haven't tested v. browns myself)

C2/C3 - Exactly my thoughts on 65g vs 67g lubed Zealios. Very tough decision... May be favouring 65g a tiny bit more though.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #539 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 18:40:51 »
Other than stock MX Clear and Panda Clears. 62g, 65g, and 67g never felt so good.

I really like my lubed Panda Clears but I always thought they were a tad too heavy. How do these stack up?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #540 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 19:23:51 »
Show Image

First impressions

Show Image

A1 = 62g Linear Zealio
B1 = 62g stock Zealio
B2 = 65g stock Zealio
B3 = 67g stock Zealio
C1 = 62g lubed Zealio
C2 = 65g lubed Zealio
C3 = 67g lubed Zealio

B1 = First time I tried a 62g Clear that wasn't sticky and didn't have any issues.
B2 = See above

First thought I had was that all the modded MX Clears I tried were supposed to feel like this. Other than stock MX Clear and Panda Clears. 62g, 65g, and 67g never felt so good.

I'll do a better review later. I've got like 10 minutes of play time with these switches so far. I'm starting to feel more and more that Cherry MX is meh. Gateron and Greetech are becoming more interesting to me the more I play with them.

Nice writeup. I definitely like lubed 65g the best from my tests, but would prefer to have 67g in my personal keyboard due to preferring 67g springs. 67g feels more like proper worn-in clears with a smoother, less pronounced bump.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #541 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 19:39:03 »
Other than stock MX Clear and Panda Clears. 62g, 65g, and 67g never felt so good.

I really like my lubed Panda Clears but I always thought they were a tad too heavy. How do these stack up?

I still really like Panda Clears but I think the 67g would fit you better. Give me a little while to play with these switches. I'll make a Panda Clear outta these and report back.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #542 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 22:15:10 »

Probably Cherry sticking with the tried and tested 6 or 7 standard switch types, and the newcomers experimenting with different options.

Large established keyboard manufacturers with established relationships with Cherry will most likely stick with Cherry, but smaller players might very well seek the Gaterons and Greetech switches to provide something new to their clients.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #543 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 05:14:03 »
Show Image

First impressions

Show Image

A1 = 62g Linear Zealio
B1 = 62g stock Zealio
B2 = 65g stock Zealio
B3 = 67g stock Zealio
C1 = 62g lubed Zealio
C2 = 65g lubed Zealio
C3 = 67g lubed Zealio

B2 = See above

65/67g seems like a sweet spot for this switch. :O
Gah, the wait  :-X
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #544 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 07:08:25 »
Show Image

First impressions

Show Image

A1 = 62g Linear Zealio
B1 = 62g stock Zealio
B2 = 65g stock Zealio
B3 = 67g stock Zealio
C1 = 62g lubed Zealio
C2 = 65g lubed Zealio
C3 = 67g lubed Zealio

B2 = See above

65/67g seems like a sweet spot for this switch. :O
Gah, the wait  :-X

Show Image

First impressions

Show Image

A1 = 62g Linear Zealio
B1 = 62g stock Zealio
B2 = 65g stock Zealio
B3 = 67g stock Zealio
C1 = 62g lubed Zealio
C2 = 65g lubed Zealio
C3 = 67g lubed Zealio

B2 = See above

thank you captn this is really what I was hoping for. Looks like I'll be ordering 110-120(not sure the package size for these) of the 65g and 67g ! I need some for an 1800 I have incoming and the mira
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2015, 09:01:47 by Sed8op8 »

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #545 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 08:40:35 »

First impressions

Show Image

C1 - Agreed, feels like one smooth motion. No bumpy roads or drops. Perhaps a new replacement for vintage browns? (haven't tested v. browns myself)

C2/C3 - Exactly my thoughts on 65g vs 67g lubed Zealios. Very tough decision... May be favouring 65g a tiny bit more though.

Seems like we might need a custom 66g spring in these bad boys.  :-X
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #546 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 14:31:54 »
https://www.keychatter.com/2015/08/19/review-project-zealio-switches/

There are my initial thoughts after testing the switches out.

I was nothing but impressed with the switches. At the end of the day my favorite Cherry MX switch was greatly improved. The stems are indeed not as tight as Cherry Clears, so no more worrying about ripping the  stems out when removing keycaps. They were all extremely smooth, without any grittiness at all. Also, purple!, 'nuff said.

As far as individual switches go (62g, 65g, 67g) I think it all just comes down to personal preference. There isn't a clear "best" switch of the lot. My personal favorite was by far the 67g switch though. It was the most refined feeling MX switch I've ever used. I wouldn't compare it to Topre directly, but as a huge Topre fan the 67g switch really stuck out for me. I will definitely be throwing those into my Mira.

The main thing really is that there was nothing about the switches that would make me hesitate on jumping in on the group buy for a few hundred of each right now. I had no issues with the switches or the Clear RGB tops at all. ZealPC, well done sir, well done  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #547 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 14:33:38 »

I'm starting to feel more and more that Cherry MX is meh.

I'm right there with you.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #548 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 15:21:52 »
My personal favorite was by far the 67g switch though. It was the most refined feeling MX switch I've ever used. I wouldn't compare it to Topre directly, but as a huge Topre fan the 67g switch really stuck out for me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought 67g felt like it had a higher positioned bump and was reminded of Topre :))

Re: RGB Tops, they will come stock on Zealios. The test samples just didn't have them installed by default :-[ It also prevents catching on thicker caps such as GMK, etc.

Thanks again for sharing first impressions!
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2015, 15:24:00 by Zeal »

Offline potatowire

« Reply #549 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 15:30:30 »
My personal favorite was by far the 67g switch though. It was the most refined feeling MX switch I've ever used. I wouldn't compare it to Topre directly, but as a huge Topre fan the 67g switch really stuck out for me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought 67g felt like it had a higher positioned bump and was reminded of Topre :))

Re: RGB Tops, they will come stock on Zealios. The test samples just didn't have them installed by default :-[ It also prevents catching on thicker caps such as GMK, etc.

Thanks again for sharing first impressions!

These initial impressions have convinced me. I'm in for at least 330 (67g non-lubed, if I had to choose now).

I can't wait.