geekhack Marketplace > Signature Plastics / PimpMyKeyboard

[GB] Modern Selectric

<< < (3/12) > >>

skullydazed:
Hi Bleat, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I also responded over on PMK.

You should be good to go with the 60% kit. The black won't tip but the blue will, so you should be good as long as you hop on blue.

jerue:
Skully, just out of curiosity, do you happen to have an IBM Selectric? I just picked one up for $20 today and it's a dream...and making me more excited for this keyset.

Speaking of, if you decide to run a second round, here's what I would like to see:

* Text Mods
* Geekhack novelty keys
* Black Mac keys re-run (missed out the first time since I was buying those black TKL mods)
* Novelty keypack with keys from the original Selectric. Here's what I'm thinking of:
R1: "1" key with []+ symbols , INDEX, MAR REL
R2: that wondrous "o 1/4 1/2 !" key
R3: Stepped "LOCK" key, Red and Black ON and OFF keys, CLR, SET

So basically, more Selectric!  :)

(if you need to visualize, here ya go) More

skullydazed:
I do, actually. Here's a photo of mine from early in development comparing crap bag keys I got to see how much it'd look like a selectric.

I love typing on mine from time to time, I just wish I had more reasons to use it. I have a local(ish) shop that still repairs typewriters that I bought mine from, he basically just charged me the cost of refurbishing it. Really nice guy, didn't know anything about mechanical keyboards but seemed interested.

I'd definitely love to run a round two. A few people have asked about text mods but I'm still not sure that fits in with my taste. I may consider updating the design with more traditional icon/text mods for R2, I'll have to give it some thought. I don't think I'll be rerunning the black mods, though. One thing I learned here is that blue is the more popular option (and is what I liked better anyway, should have gone with my gut) so R2, if it happens, will probably start with a base set that looks something like this.

jerue:

--- Quote from: skullydazed on Sun, 21 June 2015, 14:37:34 ---I don't think I'll be rerunning the black mods, though.
--- End quote ---

Darn. Yeah, you're right about the blue though - more "IBM" like. Hope someone on GH or r/mk will part with their Mac mods at some point.

--- Quote from: skullydazed on Sun, 21 June 2015, 14:37:34 ---will probably start with a base set that looks something like this.

--- End quote ---

Love the stepped caps lock and ALT/Option key. The super/meta keys seem a bit out of context compared to the rest of the mods...maybe just the shape outline?

blastoid:
Just got this in my email:

http://i.imgur.com/A1O4Bjc.png

from customerservice@solutionsinplastic.com

Is Modern Selectric shipping??!??!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version