Author Topic: Clueboard CNC'd Aluminum Case - Now On Massdrop!  (Read 50827 times)

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard

Offline ika

Re: Clueboard CNC'd Aluminum Case - Now On Massdrop!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 08:16:59 »
Will these CNC cases be offered later through the clueboard shop, or is this available only in true GB fashion?

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 10:58:49 »
Skully,

If ordered assembled, does the default layout (logical) share the same Fn layer as the Leopold Mini — i.e. Fn + q to toggle between Esc and ~? I presume that if we want to permute Ctrl and Caps Lock that would have to be done via the software for programming the board?
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 November 2016, 10:46:08 by _PixelNinja »

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 13:55:24 »
Skully,

If ordered assembled, does the default layout (logical) share the same Fn layer as the Leopold Mini — i.e. Fn + q to toggle between Esc and ~? I presume that if we want to permute Ctrl and Caps Lock that would have to be done via the software for programming the board?

Heya, sorry I missed this. I'm not sure why but sometimes geekhack doesn't show me a thread in the unread watched topics list, but if I go to all watched threads it's still bold.

By default it does not work that way, but you could customize QMK to work that way. By default it uses a combined key (sends Escape unless shift or Fn are held) and you can turn the LED's that aren't caps lock on with Fn+Page Up.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 03:36:45 »
Thanks for the reply Skully.

Would you by any chance have a diagram lying around (similar to this one) illustrating the default function layer? Also, you mention LEDs for certain keys; are these mounted by default on the assembled Clueboard (asking because I prefer no LEDs, but it's not the end of the world)?

Waiting until end of march is going to be long one :D

Offline skitty

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 13:59:47 »
Is there a chance that this will drop again in the future?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 09:15:47 »

Yes, and it will be available to pre-order in my store soon.

Offline DuFF

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 10:50:04 »

any rough estimate on the case being available in your store?
i was looking at options for cases for that specific layout and yours seemed like the only option that i would go for  :))

Offline skitty

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 11:21:00 »

any rough estimate on the case being available in your store?
i was looking at options for cases for that specific layout and yours seemed like the only option that i would go for  :))

I'd recommend it, I already have a Clueboard with the acrylic case and I love it. I can't wait until this case is available again. :)

Offline deterouni

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 07:01:04 »
So I am in the process of gathering the parts to build a clueboard.  Would the Fc660m case up on mass drop work with the current version of the clueboard pcb?  And unrelated to the case I got the acrylic switch plate and the reinforcing plate.  Do I need both? And if so which one sits on top of the other?

Offline skitty

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 11:37:00 »
So I am in the process of gathering the parts to build a clueboard.  Would the Fc660m case up on mass drop work with the current version of the clueboard pcb?  And unrelated to the case I got the acrylic switch plate and the reinforcing plate.  Do I need both? And if so which one sits on top of the other?

It should, skully sells that case on his website. There's some discussion here (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77084.250) about the pcb being a little loose in the case.

I'm not sure about your question regarding the plates though, sorry.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:17:48 »

Yes, the Massdrop case works with the Clueboard PCB. For your acrylic question I think this page (which I put together a couple days ago) should answer both parts of that, please let me know if anything is still not clear after reading it: https://clueboard.co/support/clueboard-acrylic-case