Author Topic: [GB] Troubled Minds estimated ship date is March 10 or 11, 2016  (Read 87002 times)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [GB] Troubled Minds is UP on Massdrop
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 07:36:21 »
Best advice I would give is that you ADD a key to the kit to balance it out.  To counter the price variance, change the price on the MOQ next level up.  Removing keys could likely cause a lot of commotion among participants (likely even from non participants just because they have less at stake with regards to opinion).  This would be the most fair and make everyone appreciate the extra work put into the updates.  The issue with the add by people who wish to "discuss it" is that they are "paying for extra keys they don't want".  We've seen keys get added to kits during an active group buy in the past, so it does happen.
You're saying the second option is better? You do have a point, removing a key is worse since people already ordered what they saw in the existing kit. Thanks for the input.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Jedi

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:08:01 »
I'm leaving that option up to you :-)  I think the set is going strong no matter which way you take it.  I just didn't want you to not make it the way you want the set to look exactly.  We've all been here to support the IC since way back when, and you have the most knowledge on what will and will not be how this set needs to be.  I say if it doesn't look like the way it is supposed to look, we will support your decision to make it look right.  In the end this is about a key cap set that might never come back and one that will exclusively have your signature on it. 

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:11:50 »
You might want to ask Massdrop for their input on this one as well.  I've seen a few drops where they straight up used the wrong photo for the product and changed it mid drop.  The major difference, like you said, is that a change to this set would affect the price...

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 12:48:31 »
I'm leaving that option up to you :-)  I think the set is going strong no matter which way you take it.  I just didn't want you to not make it the way you want the set to look exactly.  We've all been here to support the IC since way back when, and you have the most knowledge on what will and will not be how this set needs to be.  I say if it doesn't look like the way it is supposed to look, we will support your decision to make it look right.  In the end this is about a key cap set that might never come back and one that will exclusively have your signature on it. 

I'll think about it some more.  :)

You might want to ask Massdrop for their input on this one as well.  I've seen a few drops where they straight up used the wrong photo for the product and changed it mid drop.  The major difference, like you said, is that a change to this set would affect the price...

Yes I'm asking for their thoughts as well. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2015, 12:55:18 by thesiscamper »

Offline lashiel

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:02:51 »
Has anyone made a Cruel Angel's Thesiscamper joke yet?

Seems appropriate.

Massdrop should be updating numbers soon.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 16:37:07 »

Seems appropriate.

Wow, why has no one come up with that!?   :))

Just finished the ISO model:

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2015, 16:48:53 by thesiscamper »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 17:56:05 »
Best advice I would give is that you ADD a key to the kit to balance it out.  To counter the price variance, change the price on the MOQ next level up.  Removing keys could likely cause a lot of commotion among participants (likely even from non participants just because they have less at stake with regards to opinion).  This would be the most fair and make everyone appreciate the extra work put into the updates.  The issue with the add by people who wish to "discuss it" is that they are "paying for extra keys they don't want".  We've seen keys get added to kits during an active group buy in the past, so it does happen.

This would be my suggestion as well.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 22:11:37 »
Finished the Planck mockup:

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 22:49:33 »

Show Image

That looks... imposing. I like it.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 23:57:42 »

Show Image

Thanks! I'm fixing it right now, I did a 1-2-3-4 instead of a 2-3-4-4. Will put up the updated render later.

edit: fixed the Planck mockup
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 00:05:27 by thesiscamper »

Offline lashiel

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 02:17:38 »

Seems appropriate.

It seems so obvious, right?

Loving the new renders. Seems like pretty good numbers movement today as well... I'm rooting for more kits sold for non-standard.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 03:36:25 »

Seems appropriate.

It seems so obvious, right?

Loving the new renders. Seems like pretty good numbers movement today as well... I'm rooting for more kits sold for non-standard.
Thanks, currently trying to modify the non-standard kit novelties. Will probably know more next week.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 05:44:24 »
I really want to purchase the non-standard kit novelties, is there either a list of non-standard keyboards you can let us know these were designed for or a list of the size of the keys that are in the kit?  I know the spacebar is 7u so excluding the 7U spacebar I'm trying to figure out whether the keys in this pack will fit a Corsair Kxx or a Logitech G7xx keyboard.  Thanks!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 06:02:00 »
I really want to purchase the non-standard kit novelties, is there either a list of non-standard keyboards you can let us know these were designed for or a list of the size of the keys that are in the kit?  I know the spacebar is 7u so excluding the 7U spacebar I'm trying to figure out whether the keys in this pack will fit a Corsair Kxx or a Logitech G7xx keyboard.  Thanks!

It should have the bottom row mods Corsair and Logitech boards need, the 1.5u and 1u modifiers. It also has Tsangan keys and I included some 1800 keys by request.

edit: added more detail

It has stepped Tsangan keys, 1.75u shift, 1.5u Ctrl and Alt keys, 1u Meta and Super which I believe fit Tsangan and Corsair/Logitech boards. The 1.75 Ctrl key and and 1.25 Caps Lock bottom row key is for the "anti caps lock kit".

About the non-standard novelties, those are the keys I'm actually planning to modify. Here are two options I'm thinking about:

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 06:11:29 by thesiscamper »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 07:43:09 »

Show Image

Thanks! I'm fixing it right now, I did a 1-2-3-4 instead of a 2-3-4-4. Will put up the updated render later.

edit: fixed the Planck mockup
Show Image

Dude, you're work is awesome!

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 07:56:26 »

Show Image

First time I've ever been afraid to get clubbed with a Planck.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline whitelines

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 11:13:47 »
Those mockup safe amazing. This kit is also amazing. Ordered normal kit

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 15:53:39 »
Those mockup safe amazing. This kit is also amazing. Ordered normal kit

Thanks for the support!  :thumb:

Offline SheHateMe

• BBHMM!
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 01:01:59 »
I am actually planning a Purple/Green watercooling build and this would go perfect on my Filco MJ2, I joined the buy immediately! The set looks awesome! Thank you.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 01:07:35 »

It should have the bottom row mods Corsair and Logitech boards need, the 1.5u and 1u modifiers. It also has Tsangan keys and I included some 1800 keys by request.

It has stepped Tsangan keys, 1.75u shift, 1.5u Ctrl and Alt keys, 1u Meta and Super which I believe fit Tsangan and Corsair/Logitech boards. The 1.75 Ctrl key and and 1.25 Caps Lock bottom row key is for the "anti caps lock kit".

About the non-standard novelties, those are the keys I'm actually planning to modify. Here are two options I'm thinking about:

Show Image

Show Image

My vote is for the first option, hopefully the non-standard hits MOQ.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 01:42:10 »

It also has Tsangan keys and I included some 1800 keys by request.

Show Image

Show Image

You are BRILLIANT  :-* .

Forgot about the 1800 keys, glad you remembered here and YES I like the Second version because you put in TWO "HaHa's", mad about them  :thumb: .

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 01:46:15 »
is there a limit to how many can join the drop?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 03:05:07 »

Forgot about the 1800 keys, glad you remembered here and YES I like the Second version because you put in TWO "HaHa's", mad about them  :thumb: .

The preference right now is with the second option, since it doesn't need more than two molds for the novelties. I'm currently thinking of  merging the two, with HaHa keys and orange badges, and one of each Joker and Eva faces, but Massdrop can't raise the prices after a drop starts, so I will probably have to shell out money for that one. A note about the HaHa keys, I can't fit the new design so I used the old design for the 1u key.

is there a limit to how many can join the drop?

Not that I know of, as orders go up and we reach drop points, I believe Massdrop adds new price drops.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 November 2015, 03:09:02 by thesiscamper »

Offline enddot

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 07:48:34 »

The preference right now is with the second option, since it doesn't need more than two molds for the novelties. I'm currently thinking of  merging the two, with HaHa keys and orange badges, and one of each Joker and Eva faces, but Massdrop can't raise the prices after a drop starts, so I will probably have to shell out money for that one. A note about the HaHa keys, I can't fit the new design so I used the old design for the 1u key.

Is this the reason the drop point is so high for the layout adapter kit compared to others?

And VAT green, is it a vibrant or muted color?  Some renders look brighter than others.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 08:41:51 »

Is this the reason the drop point is so high for the layout adapter kit compared to others?

And VAT green, is it a vibrant or muted color?  Some renders look brighter than others.

You can check VAT in these links:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/compactkey/9277566415/in/album-72157634628432952/

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours

Drop point is decided by Massdrop, probably a high drop point for better pricing.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:14:00 »
Not that it matters too much at this point, but Massdrop have been the opposite of prompt when it comes to updating the numbers at their promised time.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:16:51 »
Not that it matters too much at this point, but Massdrop have been the opposite of prompt when it comes to updating the numbers at their promised time.

They stopped updating  on the weekend, they should be updated shortly.

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:43:56 »
I am in for this lovely set. Now is the longggg waiting.  :(
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 16:59:35 »

I think with Danger Zone they last updated the page 4 days before the drop ended. I really don't understand why they don't automate it.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 17:20:25 »
I wouldn't even be as irritated about it if they hadn't clearly stated the schedule they would be updating on.

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 17:56:55 »
I really like the look of this set and I must admit that I would like to try different profiles someday, particularly Cherry and SA.
It's a shame that the shipping and the child-extra packs add so much cost to the overall price for us europeans...  :(

Edit: those mock ups look stuning btw, great job on those.  ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 November 2015, 17:58:30 by Vox_PT »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 20:08:31 »
I really like the look of this set and I must admit that I would like to try different profiles someday, particularly Cherry and SA.
It's a shame that the shipping and the child-extra packs add so much cost to the overall price for us europeans...  :(

Edit: those mock ups look stuning btw, great job on those.  ;)
Thanks!

Community page is updated now :)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 00:58:23 »

I think with Danger Zone they last updated the page 4 days before the drop ended. I really don't understand why they don't automate it.

I would hope they're at least working on the coding of automatic updates behind the scenes.  It would be much nicer than waiting for a MD staff member to update it.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 01:24:37 »

I would hope they're at least working on the coding of automatic updates behind the scenes.  It would be much nicer than waiting for a MD staff member to update it.

You'd think/hope so, though I guess that all depends on what kind of development staff they have on board. Seems they've been doing a fair bit of front end overhaul recently--hard to say if the person(s) responsible for that are capable of taking on behind the scenes tasks as well.

But yeah, they could really use a revamp for the way that keycap drops are run. Automated updates, showing child set progress on the main page...

Offline whitelines

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 04:29:43 »
I'm having some trouble understanding this, can someone shed some light.

If i have this selected

Order Details

Base Kit: No (-$78.99)
Child Kits: EVA01/Joker Kit (+$35.99)
EDIT

Base Kit: Yes
Child Kits: None

the total price says 108$

if i have this

the total price is 111$ ?

Both without shipping.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 05:29:13 »
I'm having some trouble understanding this, can someone shed some light.

If i have this selected

Order Details

Base Kit: No (-$78.99)
EDIT

Child Kits: None

the total price says 108$

if i have this

the total price is 111$ ?

Both without shipping.

Is this what you're trying to do? I think the shipping fee is already added to the total.

Offline whitelines

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 06:38:48 »
sort of,
here is a pic to see if you can understand it better:

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 08:05:42 »
sort of,
here is a pic to see if you can understand it better:

Its cause they haven't updated the revised price for the base price reduction- the base set is now less than 78.99 so you're "making" money by ordering how you have it. I'm sure they'll realize by the time the set goes through.

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 08:43:40 »
It's really cool seeing how close the numbers are for the EVA 01/Joker kit compared to the base kit.  It goes to show how well designed they were.

Offline meevilsheep

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 16:49:56 »
Did they just rollback the prices to the ones that were posted on the weekend?

Offline st4sh

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 17:01:47 »
Do you think it would be possible to add a small child deal for individual spacebars?  I need a 7u for a custom I am building, and I don't want to buy a full 4th child deal just for the spacebar. 

Offline lashiel

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 17:09:51 »

How do you mean? I think it's been the 75.99 price point since they updated yesterday.

That said, I don't think they've updated today?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 17:17:18 »

How do you mean? I think it's been the 75.99 price point since they updated yesterday.

That said, I don't think they've updated today?

I think there was a mistake and they uploaded an old file.

Offline meevilsheep

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 17:20:31 »
This is what i mean
117567-0

I was a bit worried the first time (thought many people cancelled their orders) but i realised afterwards that these were the numbers shown during the weekend.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 17:43:20 »
This is what i mean
(Attachment Link)

I was a bit worried the first time (thought many people cancelled their orders) but i realised afterwards that these were the numbers shown during the weekend.

Yes, they seemed to have uploaded an old file. I brought it to their attention earlier and Yanbo told me they're going to fix it shortly.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 17:56:12 »
Congrats on getting it through to Massdrop dude :) I always liked the colourway. Hope it is a successful drop!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 18:04:05 »
Congrats on getting it through to Massdrop dude :) I always liked the colourway. Hope it is a successful drop!

I'd say it's pretty successful so far!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 19:29:08 »

I'd say it's pretty successful so far!

Damn righteous  ;D .

Purple and Green are the NEW colours of subtle mayhem so enjoy the freakiness and relish in it's popularity.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 20:17:05 »
This is what i mean
(Attachment Link)

Aha, yeah, now that shows up for me. Weird. Must have been seeing a cached version. Good to hear that thesis has spoken with them! (although it's still broken, lol...)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 20:50:42 »

Looks like they've adjusted it again and we're back to updated information.  The Eva/Joker kit is closing in on drop point 3 right now.