Author Topic: [IC] T1 Tactile Switches  (Read 13383 times)

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
[IC] T1 Tactile Switches
« on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 09:03:27 »
I recently asked for suggestions for a new switch GB. T1's were one of the most asked for just under Halo True switches, which I am doubtful on whether Drop will allow me to sell them. Only time will tell... for now an IC for T1 Tactile switches.

IC form here https://forms.gle/Yw4EFGFNd6f6sVFv5

About The Switch
T1s are tactile switches with a 67g spring and a clear housing made from Nylon PA and a POM stem. Gold plated spring and contacts. PCB mount.

I have secured a price of USD $0.50 per switch with a 25,000 MOQ. At GB the price will be charge in GBP.

The group buy for this IC will be run through my store (www.opticboards.com). Switches will be sold in packs of 120 (Currently £49.35 GBP). I offer flat rate shipping. £3.50 UK, £5.50 EU, £7.50 Rest of World. 

Disclosure - Please Read
The manufacturer for the T1 Tactile Switch is Durock. This company has played a somewhat significant part in the recent "Stealios" drama with KBDfans. I would strongly advise you to do your own research into everything that happened and draw your own conclusions about whether or not you should buy any of Durock's switches.
If anyone has a link to a good overview of "stealios/Durock" please let me know and I'll highlight it here so that everyone can be as informed as possible.
Well according to this post and top comment, Durock had no ill intentions when getting involved with Mr. Tsai, the faker: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/cx7ibf/the_actual_translation_of_the_t1_guys_statement/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Please fill out the IC form if you are interested.

Thanks,

George

IC form here https://forms.gle/Yw4EFGFNd6f6sVFv5
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 August 2019, 11:00:33 by VicareyG »

Offline laserbeamspewpew

Re: [IC] T1 Tactile Switches
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 10:17:45 »
Well according to this post and top comment, Durock had no ill intentions when getting involved with Mr. Tsai, the faker: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/cx7ibf/the_actual_translation_of_the_t1_guys_statement/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 14:41:08 »
Hello!

Just a quick update on the IC.

We are 100 responses in, which is fantastic and it definitely seems like there is interest in this switch.

There were a few questions in the comment section of the IC form.

> 120 switches are too much … or some variation of that X infinity ….
   Selling in packs of 120 is not set in stone. When this hits GB phase I will be selling any amount that people will want to buy. Orders for quantities below 69 will be for sale at $0.52 each and all orders for 70 or more switches will be at $0.50 per switch. This is to encourage a minimum order of 70 switches but allows people to join if they REALLY don’t want 70 switches.

>Would like to see Koala Smokey or Clear versions.
   Sorry but to help make the MOQ of 25,000 switches I would like to keep this to one variant of switch. If successful I will likely run a second round for other Durock switches. With different springs/case colours.

>Have a US Proxy?
   No plans for a US proxy as of yet but if someone would like to please send me an email George@OpticBoards.com

> One day Michael came in and complained about a speed bump on the highway. I wonder who he ran over.
   Office Reference! Cool. Cool cool cool.

>Linear T1’s?
   Maybe in a separate GB if that’s possible. These are definitely tactile.

Thanks for reading,

George

Offline raptorzoz

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 14:31:48 »
Hi I was wondering whether this would be the smokey or clear version

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 14:44:19 »
Hi I was wondering whether this would be the smokey or clear version

Yes this is for the clear version.

Offline t0rk

• Still waiting on a Topre Planck..
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 12:12:29 »
I would like some T1 switches. Could I get that without drama please?

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 12:14:37 »
I would like some T1 switches. Could I get that without drama please?

I'm afraid they are only available with a healthy side of drama. It is okay though you can avoid most of it with a good dose of scepticism.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 19:19:38 »
Definitely interested in this buy. Almost got myself some T1 but it didn’t happen, so maybe I can finally get some for my collection!
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 03:47:00 »
Got my T1s from prime in the mail today. Took the stems and put them in outemu sky’s. I call them Dolchies. Modern Dolch Sky Outemu.

Offline Benitone

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 04:43:11 »
I have no idea what T1 tactile are. I'm super intersted in tactile switches, maybe someone should start to sell a switch tester with only tactiles!!!!

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 16:29:35 »
The Interest Check has gone really well. I am satisfied that there is enough interest in these switches to make it worthwhile to run a Group Buy.

The GB will be run on my subdomain https://preorder.opticboards.co.uk This is purely to keep GB orders separate from my day to day orders. Just makes running GB’s easier on my part.

The GB will run from today until 15th October 2019. This is a timeline of 5 weeks. Hopefully this will allow everyone to have a pay day during the GB and not miss out.
Manufacturing Lead Time is 10 Working Days. This should be completed by 29th October.
Shipping from China to me should take no longer than 7 days. The switches should be with me by November 5th. Customs depending.
Packaging of all orders shouldn’t take longer than 5 to 7 working days. This means that all orders should be posted by November 12th.

Shipping estimates are : UK 1-3 days, EU 3-5 Days, Rest of World 5-7 days. Customs depending.

Timelines are predictions only. But I have erred on the side of caution so the finished date **should** be earlier than predicted but no promises.

https://preorder.opticboards.co.uk/product/t1-tactile-switch-clear-housing

Offline Benitone

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 17:05:23 »
Still no idea of what this thing is.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 06:36:50 »
They are a tactile, mechanical keyboard switch that is modeled after the famous Holy Panda switched. They are manufacturered by a company many want to stay away from (Durock) because they were caught making blatant clones of switches and selling them at a lower price (some still say that Durock bears no responsibility for this, but that's a different story). The switch is still amazing for it's price! Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Benitone

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 07:12:17 »
They are a tactile, mechanical keyboard switch that is modeled after the famous Holy Panda switched. They are manufacturered by a company many want to stay away from (Durock) because they were caught making blatant clones of switches and selling them at a lower price (some still say that Durock bears no responsibility for this, but that's a different story). The switch is still amazing for it's price! Hope that helps!

Thanks. Does using orings work or the tactility gets heavily penalised?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 12:52:10 »

Thanks. Does using orings work or the tactility gets heavily penalised?
Orings don't do as much for the tactility.  They impact the sound more.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 13:57:17 »
Wonderful - in for my next 75 %

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 07:08:12 »