Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1406332 times)

Offline maddingo

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #3850 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 12:54:15 »
I should have cleaned up more...like that space bcredbottle has ...impressive you are an interior designer I take it?

anyways this is my desk / set up.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3851 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 13:28:57 »
I should have cleaned up more...like that space bcredbottle has ...impressive you are an interior designer I take it?

Show Image

I'm actually a professional house-sitter.

Offline maddingo

« Reply #3852 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 13:35:43 »

nice... do you have a business card my wife and I will be traveling this summer.

Offline Shuki

« Reply #3853 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 15:02:55 »
Potato quality camera phone.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3854 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 19:12:49 »

Show Image

Wow, those sound systems
are you a sound engineer?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline jsbradley7

« Reply #3855 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 21:06:41 »

The desk on the right is the cats' desk.  Not shown is my DXRacer F series with green "pinstripes".

About 80% complete.
Got to paint the Pure base and the Orbweaver upper frame to match the mouse.
If I keep the speakers, they'll get painted green as well.

Think I'll get brighter leds for the Orbweaver when I  change the switches.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3856 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 21:35:50 »

nice... do you have a business card my wife and I will be traveling this summer.

Sorry, I was JK.

Offline Axollott

« Reply #3857 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 21:55:21 »

Show Image

Wow, those sound systems

That`s not engineering equipment. That´s audiophile stuff.

Offline xqwtz

« Reply #3858 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 22:02:33 »
Not a fan of glass anymore.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3859 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 23:06:27 »

Show Image

Wow, those sound systems

never knew audiophiles would go that far

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3860 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 23:22:17 »

Show Image

Wow, those sound systems

Oh yeah. That far, and farther.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #3861 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 23:28:43 »
Potato quality camera phone.

Show Image

Show Image

The chair worth the money?

Offline maddingo

« Reply #3862 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 23:30:16 »

Show Image

Wow, those sound systems

LoL... It just sort of happened... I love audio gear / music and I have gotten really good deals on stuff so it i end up bringing it home:

the big sony stack (on the stereo rack) is awesome I got the lot of it for $75 it is TOTL sony stuff from late 80s TA-N77ES /TA-E77ESD/700ES/730ES / SDP-777ES (also on rack Sony N110, Pioneer SA-710 and a C75ES CD Changer..oh right and my Hitachi PS-48 tt)   the speakers in the picture i have paid between $5 and $50/pr for.. I enjoy having them and playing different pairs at different times with different amps.

Offline Shuki

« Reply #3863 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 01:10:15 »

The chair worth the money?

The needforseat and DXracer chairs are kind of like the IPhone of seats. They are kind of trendy and you probably could find an equally good chair for a cheaper price.

However I must say I do like my chair a lot as it allows me to keep good posture while being comfortable. I am definitely satisfied with my purchase, however I'm not sure if it's worth the money as I haven't really tried other seats at this price point so I have no real point of reference.

Not a fan of glass anymore.

I know what you mean, this was my desk ~7years ago.

When I used my desk during the winter and the underside of my wrist would touch the glass it was so cold. Any perspiration however and you have a nice slippery surface under your arm. They are also dust magnets that need constant cleaning, but they do look nice though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2015, 01:22:26 by Shuki »

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #3864 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 04:21:58 »

Show Image

I'm not going to be able to stand up for a little while. I will need an itemized list through PM. ;)

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #3865 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 22:52:28 »
Soon it will look like this, when motherboard is in the mail. ;D I think I'm gonna move the stuff more on the right so my headphones will get more space. But it's niiiice :cool: And the Define R4 will be gone then.

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2015, 22:54:23 by KH »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3866 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 00:21:49 »
how I feel browsing this thread:

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #3867 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 01:59:52 »
how I feel browsing this thread:
Show Image

What are the switches on that beast?

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3868 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 04:34:11 »
Soon it will look like this, when motherboard is in the mail. ;D I think I'm gonna move the stuff more on the right so my headphones will get more space. But it's niiiice :cool: And the Define R4 will be gone then.

Show Image

Show Image

What do you use for a mat by the soldering station?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3869 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 16:18:24 »
Added this to my desk  :thumb:

101473-0

Unfortunately I can't find the sword.  Hoping it shows up in another toy bin. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline jonnyyxo

« Reply #3870 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 18:12:29 »
Small update :)

Sorry for the messy bed...

PC itself:

Raspberry Pi 2 running Kodi 14.2, connected with my old 19" Samsung Monitor. Going to replace this one with something like a 40" screen or bigger, just can't find a decent one for a low price.

Picture quality isn't the best, made these pics with my Nexus 6 :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2015, 20:32:01 by jonnyyxo »

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #3871 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 19:57:38 »
Small update :)

Sorry for the messy bed...

Show Image

Looks like you need a 60% keyboard
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline jonnyyxo

« Reply #3872 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 20:31:29 »
When I'm playing the keyboard is turned like 45 degress towards me, so the WASD-keys are facing the monitor and the numpad is facing towards me, so I got no problems with space for my mouse.
Often thought about getting a 80 or 60 % keyboard, but I'm used to my CSGO buyscript on my numpad, so I guess thats no option for me :D

Thats how it looks while gaming:

« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2015, 20:43:08 by jonnyyxo »

Offline Shuki

« Reply #3873 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 02:17:03 »
Classic gamer, its daylight outside but the blinds are down and the lights are on.

What's the ambient lighting from anyway?

Offline jonnyyxo

« Reply #3874 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 06:14:48 »
Haha, but it was like 8 o'clock outside already, so I didn't feel that bad about sitting inside.
Backlight is from IKEA. Here in Germany it costs around 25 Euros. You can set almost every color and you got 4 seperate "lightning sticks". Guess you can find them pretty easy on their website! :)

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #3875 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 06:53:49 »
Ah
I almost bought those lights at ikea but I didn't think they would look that good

Now I may have to stop back by there

Nice set up!
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #3876 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 19:42:40 »
Often thought about getting a 80 or 60 % keyboard, but I'm used to my CSGO buyscript on my numpad, so I guess thats no option for me :D
You could get a 60%/80% keyboard and a separate NumPad but I can see why you wouldn't.
I had (still have I guess) a 6gv2 but I bought a Poker 2 about half a year ago which is what I use now. I do occasionally miss the NumPad but it's worth the extra space for my mouse pad :))

In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3877 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 20:32:06 »
You could get a 60%/80% keyboard and a separate NumPad but I can see why you wouldn't.
I had (still have I guess) a 6gv2 but I bought a Poker 2 about half a year ago which is what I use now. I do occasionally miss the NumPad but it's worth the extra space for my mouse pad :))

Show Image

You mousepad seems to be bigger than some of your monitor
Now that's interesting :p

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3878 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 22:07:55 »

Show Image

Nice artisan mousepad and bitfenix case :)

I need that mousepad. Also, agreed that 60% + mouse is so comfortable in arm width.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
« Reply #3879 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:35:41 »

Show Image

You mousepad seems to be bigger than some of your monitor
Now that's interesting :p
I just checked and the mousepad is taller than my monitors but not as wide as the middle one :))
Next time I upgrade my setup I'll get some new monitors. The middle one was the cheapest 21.5" LED monitor I could find when I built my computer and the two side monitors I got from my dad's old office.

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #3880 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:58:53 »
When I'm playing the keyboard is turned like 45 degress towards me, so the WASD-keys are facing the monitor and the numpad is facing towards me, so I got no problems with space for my mouse.

Show Image

What a genius!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3881 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 20:54:52 »

Show Image

>>zowie fk1

>>tilted keyboard

CSGO player

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3882 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 20:59:37 »

Show Image

Haha, nice!! I now use my caps lock as ctrl (therefore my crouch) and I think it helps with the awkward pinky reach-down at least.
But yeah, moving your arms just a bit closer makes a huge difference in comfort!

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #3883 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 21:31:11 »
 ^-^ I am jealous that you guys all have big and clean table..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3884 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 00:18:27 »
^-^ I am jealous that you guys all have big and clean table..

FWIW I have medium sized very messy table.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #3885 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 11:02:02 »
Ugly pics but the new setup is finished for now. It's very tempting, love it!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3886 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 12:14:19 »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jonnyyxo

« Reply #3887 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 06:53:06 »
@KH

That looks pretty decent!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3888 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 00:42:39 »
Ugly pics but the new setup is finished for now. It's very tempting, love it!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

A nice clean setup :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ed_avis

« Reply #3889 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 03:12:09 »
I earlier posted a pic of my work desk with two rotated T221s.  Since then I have bought some newer monitors, first Dell UP2414Q (24" 4k) and then UP2715K (27" 5k).  I currently have two of each:

(https://www.flickr.com/photos/7500206@N08/18036028418/)

I'm using an F122 with black keys but sadly the cute IBM mouse I had has broken.  So no more all-IBM desk :-(

I have now lent three T221s to my colleague who uses them with a Das Keyboard and one low-res monitor:

(https://www.flickr.com/photos/7500206@N08/18225103511)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3890 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 07:43:23 »
T221? o_o
Three of them? O_o
Do want. @_@

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3891 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:31:27 »
placeholder for when I get a not fugly table
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #3892 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:40:37 »
More or less my current setup.  The only significant difference is that the picture does not include my current keyboard, a Rosewill RK9000 (MX Blues).

(Attachment Link)

Very nice, really like the lighting for this picture. That's something I can never get right with my own...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3893 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:07:43 »

new speakers and turntable (that needs speakers -.-)
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #3894 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:13:12 »
Picture quality isn't the best, made these pics with my Nexus 6 :D

ohhh!! i love the lighting.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3895 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:27:02 »
Show Image

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3896 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:31:08 »
Show Image

Show Image

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #3897 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:40:20 »
Show Image

Good to see a bike on the wall in the room next to the desktop. Mine is in the kitchen, but I am not allowed to hang it on the wall in the living room.
... ...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3898 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:42:51 »
it's hanging from the ceiling, but against the wall so it wont move around.

i should seriously start riding my bike again.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3899 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 01:50:16 »
Potato incoming

More

Still a work in progress, just need a few decorations