Author Topic: Television jingles suck  (Read 4311 times)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Television jingles suck
« on: Wed, 10 October 2007, 15:03:01 »
I have the 2 1/2 Men song in my head and it's so dumb I have to tell everyone about it. And to further my pain, the show is foul and my girl watches it during late night every weeknight.

Just thought I'd bring it up and maybe, just maybe, start the thread that will go down in history as being the single sentiment that had such response that the TV industry will forever change it's standards for tagging sickly-catchy though uber-****ty jingles for their dumbest of shows.

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
Television jingles suck
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 October 2007, 15:39:31 »
men men men men
men men men men
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Television jingles suck
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 October 2007, 16:39:34 »
I never saw (or heard the theme of) that show before I came over here to Iraq.  They play it quite a bit on AFN...and I agree that the show is horrible.  The theme song is unimaginative and annoying.  

A-Team.  Now there was a great theme song.  ;)

Television jingles suck
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 October 2007, 21:18:11 »
You guys are so wrong! Charlie Sheen is a great actor! (running out of the room, sobbing..)

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
Television jingles suck
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 10 October 2007, 22:23:19 »
It is one of the most wrong, AND most funny shows on TV.  Saw a Billboard for it today:  "The Good, The Bad, and the Hungry!"
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Television jingles suck
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 11 October 2007, 00:26:34 »
Sheen, fine, shows wrong, fine, but the damn jingle is what completely blocks me from enjoying the show. And so often in the word men has negative connotations when said by women, so what is the point?

Anyway, I will admit that this show is better than that Raymond garbage. That is the most anti-male show since Friends.

I like Fraiser, Becker, and that is about it for sit coms. Other than that, Heroes rules.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Television jingles suck
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 11 October 2007, 00:28:32 »
Quote from: Whiskey in the Jar-o
You guys are so wrong! Charlie Sheen is a great actor! (running out of the room, sobbing..)

Dude, you crack me up sometimes  :lol:

Television jingles suck
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 11 October 2007, 04:17:21 »
Quote from: xsphat
Quote from: Whiskey in the Jar-o

Dude, you crack me up sometimes  :lol:

Wow, what a great audience.