Author Topic: Trashed Wang Keyboard / Black Alps $45 shipped  (Read 11618 times)

Offline Rayndalf

Trashed Wang Keyboard / Black Alps $45 shipped
« on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 23:08:33 »
Not sure if this is what passes as a deal these days, but $45 shipped for black Alps and most of the keycaps isn't the worst thing. The plate rust is worrisome though
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164193692585

Offline Maledicted

Re: Trashed Wang Keyboard / Black Alps $45 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 14:14:57 »
I would say that it does not, but maybe some of the switches are worth saving? That plate looks like it was dredged up from the bottom of the ocean or something.

I see AT101s in good shape for around that price left and right, and those should usually have black alps.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 20:17:16 »
I would say that it does not, but maybe some of the switches are worth saving? That plate looks like it was dredged up from the bottom of the ocean or something.

I see AT101s in good shape for around that price left and right, and those should usually have black alps.

I completely forgot about the humble AT101. The Wang keycaps are a little nicer, but this one is missing so many keys it could barely cover an HHKB bottom row

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 16:15:41 »
I bought this for $37 shipped and I quite am satisfied with it. A shame that it is missing both Controls and F9 and F11, but that thick dye-sub PBT Alps cap set, especially with the blue sub-legends on the numpad, is very nice and hard to come by.

If I could find the pinout I might even try to make it run, I have plenty of good black Alps switches and rust on the plate is really irrelevant.

But the cap set alone is well worth it.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 11:38:31 »
I bought this for $37 shipped and I quite am satisfied with it. A shame that it is missing both Controls and F9 and F11, but that thick dye-sub PBT Alps cap set, especially with the blue sub-legends on the numpad, is very nice and hard to come by.

If I could find the pinout I might even try to make it run, I have plenty of good black Alps switches and rust on the plate is really irrelevant.

But the cap set alone is well worth it.

Good point. I don't even really think about caps myself.