Author Topic: Cherry MX spacebar on a realforce 104UB with novatouch sliders  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Dracarnion

Cherry MX spacebar on a realforce 104UB with novatouch sliders
« on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 13:01:31 »
Title says it all.  Trying to fit a full size pulse set on my 104UB.  Gutted a novatouch and picked up the extra sliders to complete the set, but the bottom row is posing the problem. 

I had to accept that I wouldn't be able to use the pulse bottom row keys and swapped in a few of the blank keys from the pulse ergo set and a few novelties to flil out the different sizes for the modifier keys.  However, the length is different so as you can see I tried to cut out the sides of the adapters to make it fit, but the spacebar just gets stuck in place. 

For now, I have the longest ergo key as the spacebar, which actually isn't bad.  But for looks, I'd really like to make that black pulse spacebar fit to finish this mod.  I tried /r/mechanicalkeyboards, but couldn't get much love.  I know they are mostly cherry MX users, so you guys are my last hope.  I guess the only other option is to put it one without any stabilizers, but we know that's not really gonna work.

Thanks in advance folks and enjoy the feels :thumb:

A few pictures: http://imgur.com/a/t2dgH

Offline Dracarnion

Re: Cherry MX spacebar on a realforce 104UB with novatouch sliders
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 23:10:57 »
BUMP.  Halp! :)