Author Topic: [GB] Troubled Minds R2 by thesiscamper  (Read 56482 times)

Offline Darknight00z

Re: [GB] Troubled Minds R2 by thesiscamper
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 12:47:18 »
Any updates on the numbers, did we manage to get a price drop?

Offline poolside

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 13:26:53 »
The Non-Standard kit with green mods mockup shows two R1 \| keycaps (green and purple). There are none in the PurpMods kit mockup whose Non-Standard part appears to be identical, apart from these two keys, to that of the Non-Standard kit with green mods.

Is that a render oversight or will there actually be no purple R1 \| for split backspace layouts in the PurpMods kit?

Offline ProtonDecay

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 15:20:04 »
We really need some indication of where the prices are going to end up. Transparency helps a lot -- supply/demand curve and all that.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's holding off on buying multiple kits until there's some indication that the final price for a keyboard's worth won't be a few hundred dollars... (Edit: at the current price, I don't think it's a stretch to hope for a break given the prices or other recent SP re-runs).
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 April 2018, 20:39:01 by ProtonDecay »

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 16:20:04 »
For those that are interested in moq numbers and where the drop currently sits in regards to whether a price drop will be achieved, I'd like to pose to you a question. Does it really mater what the numbers are?
As per OP's post, 5 dollars will be deducted at moq 250 from the alpha and tkl kits. Price drops for the other kits are seemingly negligible. I priced out my kit and it comes to 200+ dollars. So if both tkl and alphas got a price drop (10 bucks) that's less than 10% of my total cost estimate.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but rather pragmatic. I was in a similar boat as many of those wondering what moq we were currently sitting at, but at the end of the day, even with a price drop, this set (although it is beautiful) is too rich for my blood :(

Now if there are further drops at let's say 500 moq, that may be a different story.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 05:42:47 »
The Non-Standard kit with green mods mockup shows two R1 \| keycaps (green and purple). There are none in the PurpMods kit mockup whose Non-Standard part appears to be identical, apart from these two keys, to that of the Non-Standard kit with green mods.

Is that a render oversight or will there actually be no purple R1 \| for split backspace layouts in the PurpMods kit?

It is an oversight and we'll probably add this 1u |\ key to the Alphas, but I'll have to discuss this with the vendors first.

For the current numbers, I will ask for an update from kono.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline monkt

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:12:00 »
What sets would be necessary to cover the Rama M60-A?

I wish the sets on the buy site showed the sizes in every set so I could easily check for myself. Maybe it's a matter of knowing that certain kits match specific standards, but as someone new, I'd feel more comfortable if I could confirm everything myself by checking against my own keymap.

So far I'm thinking, alphas and non-standard? Or do I need to buy TKL just for an enter and tab key? Does non-standard include a 7u space bar? It's not labeled, so I can't tell.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:16:08 »
What sets would be necessary to cover the Rama M60-A?

Or do I need to buy TKL just for an enter and tab key? Does non-standard include a 7u space bar? It's not labeled, so I can't tell.

Alphas, TKL, and Non-Standard.

Yes, and yes.

Offline poolside

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 17:37:01 »

It is an oversight and we'll probably add this 1u |\ key to the Alphas, but I'll have to discuss this with the vendors first.

Thanks  :thumb:

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 23:19:58 »
 :thumb: Here are the artisans!

3 will be givenaway: each vendor (KONO, MYKEYBOARDS.EU, and zFrontier) will have 1 to giveaway to a lucky GB participant thru RNG

a certain amount of these artisans will be available worldwide for those who join from KONO, MYKEYBOARDS.EU, or zFrontier to purchase.

Raffle or FCFS TBD, please tell us which do you prefer :thumb:

194959-0

Offline Sinistra

• New to this hobby. Sorry for stupid questions.
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 10:55:36 »
Hello! I'm new here, but I'm about to join the GB for the keycaps and I was wondering: what are the chances that I won't receive a numpad if I order one? I'm not sure if I understood it correctly, but is it true that if majority of the orders were for the TKL/Alphas/Novelties that I may just be refunded the price for the numpad and not receive one? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:02:36 »
Hello! I'm new here, but I'm about to join the GB for the keycaps and I was wondering: what are the chances that I won't receive a numpad if I order one? I'm not sure if I understood it correctly, but is it true that if majority of the orders were for the TKL/Alphas/Novelties that I may just be refunded the price for the numpad and not receive one? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Hi, numpad is safe so there's no need to worry. Kono will post an update soon with an update.

Offline lekashman

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:49:49 »
Group Buy Update!

I am back from my wild adventures in China - apologies for the delay on posting this update.

First - we have hit the drop points for Alphas and TKLs. The prices will be adjusted today, and people who have participated in the group buy should receive refunds for those two sets. Everyone will receive a $5 refund per Alpha or TKL set that they purchased.

Second - two other sets have vastly outperformed what we expected - Novelties and Non-Standard. We are going to provide the same sort of $5 refund per purchase, and lower the prices by $5 as well for all future orders. As an example - If you purchased one 2x Alphas, 2x TKLs, and one Novelties Set, you would receive a $25 refund. There are several hundred orders to process this refund for, so please be patient.

A few additional housekeeping tidbits. We are going to be adding a 1u pipe key (| \) to the Alphas set. This will not affect the price.
We will be announcing a giveaway shortly from Kono for one person to win a Troubled Minds set with a custom artisan made specifically for this group buy, as well a custom sleeve contributed by Mykeyboard.eu. Winners will be able to pick their sleeve size.

Remember - if you are joining from China or Europe, please check out the awesome proxies for Troubled Minds!
ZFrontier (the Chinese proxy) - https://www.zfrontier.com/m/3594
Mykeyboard.eu (the European proxy) - https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/category/group-buys/sa-troubled-minds_45/

Pictured below are some sweet renders of the Purple Mods - for your consideration!

Offline beekey

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:33:41 »
Nice, thanks for the update! Looking forward to the set.

Offline monkt

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 14:37:19 »
Would Alphas + 40s cover both Planck and Minivan layouts?

Also, I can't seem to find any 40% renders. Are there any?

Offline cheunjm

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 14:55:22 »
So sad Enter/Tab is not in Non-Standard... I wish people can just fill their "non-standard" boards with just alpha + non-standard, not having to spend additional $60 to buy TKL for two keys (tab and enter). I mean, which "non-standard" keyboards don't have enter and tab keys? People shouldn't have to buy a TKL set to fill their non-standard set. TKL is for TKL, and non-standard is for non-standard.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 19:06:19 »
So sad Enter/Tab is not in Non-Standard... I wish people can just fill their "non-standard" boards with just alpha + non-standard, not having to spend additional $60 to buy TKL for two keys (tab and enter). I mean, which "non-standard" keyboards don't have enter and tab keys? People shouldn't have to buy a TKL set to fill their non-standard set. TKL is for TKL, and non-standard is for non-standard.

I understand what you're saying, but TKL is for standard builds and non-standard is meant to fill in the gaps for whatever non-standard keyboard one might have, not really intended as a mod kit on its own.

Offline monkt

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 20:06:42 »

I understand what you're saying, but TKL is for standard builds and non-standard is meant to fill in the gaps for whatever non-standard keyboard one might have, not really intended as a mod kit on its own.

The SA Pulse drop that just ended included these with their Hobbyist kit for just the reasons mentioned here, I think. It's such a nice idea, and I hope it catches on. I imagine there are a good number of people for whom this would mean the difference between a buy and a pass, financially. Plus it just seems to make sense conceptually once you see it done that way.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 23:56:30 »
The current kits will stay as is, unless a CRITICAL change is needed. There are too many opinions to sift through, either you join as is or not. It's not changing.

Offline monkt

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 10:04:35 »
The current kits will stay as is, unless a CRITICAL change is needed. There are too many opinions to sift through, either you join as is or not. It's not changing.

I wasn't suggesting they should be changed now. That would obviously be impractical, and I apologize if it came across as a demand, or even a request. Was just pointing out that it's a nice innovation that I hope will get consideration in future offerings.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 10:35:45 »

I wasn't suggesting they should be changed now. That would obviously be impractical, and I apologize if it came across as a demand, or even a request. Was just pointing out that it's a nice innovation that I hope will get consideration in future offerings.

I understand some people's frustration with the kits, I tried to accommodate most requests during the interest check so it's not like the kits were put together randomly as some people imply. It's been suggested a couple of times, but changing anything now is impractical like you said. I apologize  for the curt reply, but I wanted to make it clear to everyone (not you specifically) that saying "I'm not joining because of x" won't change anything.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 May 2018, 10:50:49 by thesiscamper »

Offline monkt

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 11:23:24 »
I understand some people's frustration with the kits, I tried to accommodate most requests during the interest check so it's not like the kits were put together randomly as some people imply. It's been suggested a couple of times, but changing anything now is impractical like you said. I apologize  for the curt reply, but I wanted to make it clear to everyone (not you specifically) that saying "I'm not joining because of x" won't change anything.

Everything you say here is completely reasonable. And I appreciate that you're still actively listening to everyone's thoughts. That's the most that can be expected at this stage of the creation process.

Personally, I'm still hoping to scrape together the funds to support this project. If it wasn't such a wonderful design, no one would be frustrated about kit options.

Offline QuiteFrankly13

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 19:03:17 »
Just joined the group buy today! First group buy and first GH post. I managed to pick up a leftover Berserk SA kit off of Taobao and I couldn't be happier with it. Really looking forward to when this ships so I'll have both the EVA Unit 01 and 02 set!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 19:39:05 »
Here's an updated mock-up for the Alphas with the added R1 1u pipe key:

Everything you say here is completely reasonable. And I appreciate that you're still actively listening to everyone's thoughts. That's the most that can be expected at this stage of the creation process.

Personally, I'm still hoping to scrape together the funds to support this project. If it wasn't such a wonderful design, no one would be frustrated about kit options.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Just joined the group buy today! First group buy and first GH post. I managed to pick up a leftover Berserk SA kit off of Taobao and I couldn't be happier with it. Really looking forward to when this ships so I'll have both the EVA Unit 01 and 02 set!

Welcome and thanks for joining the group buy! I'm glad you're satisfied with Berserk too! :)

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 22:44:05 »
Hooray refunds! Dulls the sting of making sure I can outfit every possible board, this is the best looking set, ever.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 05:02:10 »

Show Image

woop woop! even though it was just a render mistake, still a nice surprise for me
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline Sinistra

• New to this hobby. Sorry for stupid questions.
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 06:11:02 »
I had a stupid question about the price reduction here. I answered it myself by actually reading and not being an idiot. Since I can't delete it, I will just leave it here with a thank you and a congratulations to everyone who are participating in this groupbuy and have made the refund/reduction in price possible! :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 May 2018, 06:17:47 by Sinistra »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 09:48:04 »
Hooray refunds! Dulls the sting of making sure I can outfit every possible board, this is the best looking set, ever.

Yeeeee! Thank you for joining.:)

Show Image

woop woop! even though it was just a render mistake, still a nice surprise for me

I honestly missed that and it was not included before, but thank you for pointing it out  :thumb:

I had a stupid question about the price reduction here. I answered it myself by actually reading and not being an idiot. Since I can't delete it, I will just leave it here with a thank you and a congratulations to everyone who are participating in this groupbuy and have made the refund/reduction in price possible! :D

I'm glad you have it sorted out, and thank you too :D

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 19:40:36 »
In for alphas and purpmods. So exccited for this set. Would appreciate knowing if purpmods reached moq?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:06:01 »
In for alphas and purpmods. So exccited for this set. Would appreciate knowing if purpmods reached moq?

kono told me they plan to have all the kits made, and purple mods is almost at MOQ but we don't have updated numbers from all vendors yet.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:44:54 »

kono told me they plan to have all the kits made, and purple mods is almost at MOQ but we don't have updated numbers from all vendors yet.
Awesome! I would've liked to get another set with the green mods but buying the tkl for just enter and tab would make it too expensive, haha. And then novelties would've been required too :D

Really like the DIE and white joker key too but there are so many keys that doesn't make sense with purpmods, but it keeps the overall cost under 200$ which is my mental limit of feeling that i spent to much haha

Offline rowie

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 09:54:33 »
I’m in for all except Nordeuk and colverak. Trying to decide if I should buy extra novelties or extra alphas. Extra novelties would insure more coverage for more keyboards while extra alphas will allow another keeb to be covered. I used to have three keebs on my desk at all times(full size, Infinity Ergodox, Preonic). These days I have cut down to one and rotate depending on my mood! Maybe I’ll go back to two keebs since I currently have two alphas in my cart. I know for sure I’ll be replacing my full size keeb with the Kira I ordered. Something tells me novelties is usually what is harder to come buy. Ughhh tough call.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 10:19:05 »

Awesome! I would've liked to get another set with the green mods but buying the tkl for just enter and tab would make it too expensive, haha. And then novelties would've been required too :D

Really like the DIE and white joker key too but there are so many keys that doesn't make sense with purpmods, but it keeps the overall cost under 200$ which is my mental limit of feeling that i spent to much haha

I’m in for all except Nordeuk and colverak. Trying to decide if I should buy extra novelties or extra alphas. Extra novelties would insure more coverage for more keyboards while extra alphas will allow another keeb to be covered. I used to have three keebs on my desk at all times(full size, Infinity Ergodox, Preonic). These days I have cut down to one and rotate depending on my mood! Maybe I’ll go back to two keebs since I currently have two alphas in my cart. I know for sure I’ll be replacing my full size keeb with the Kira I ordered. Something tells me novelties is usually what is harder to come buy. Ughhh tough call.

Thank you for joining!  :thumb:

Here are the updated numbers for the kits :)

195326-0

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 12:50:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks for the update!
So the purpmods kit will be made for sure?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:12:03 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks for the update!
So the purpmods kit will be made for sure?

Yes I just got confirmation from kono that all kits will be made. :)

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:14:42 »

Fantastic news!

Offline rowie

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:22:50 »

Thank you! Now I don't have to worry since I went fully in. I ended up getting extra novelties with mine. Hope we can get the final numbers once the drop ends please.  :thumb:

ETA: This set is my favorite out of all your creations.  ;)

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:31:12 »
I'm also in as of today! :)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:02:39 »

Thank you! Now I don't have to worry since I went fully in. I ended up getting extra novelties with mine. Hope we can get the final numbers once the drop ends please.  :thumb:

ETA: This set is my favorite out of all your creations.  ;)

I'm also in as of today! :)

Thank you for joining! kono will post more details about the group buy soon™, with updated numbers and such. Really huge thanks to everyone who supported the set, and the well-wishers too.. and also the not so well-wishers thank you! :D

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 19:18:20 »
Thank you for joining! kono will post more details about the group buy soon™, with updated numbers and such. Really huge thanks to everyone who supported the set, and the well-wishers too.. and also the not so well-wishers thank you! :D

And a special thanks to you dude for running this again and for making this such an awesome run with eu proxy and everything.
And for putting innthe time to design these awesome sets!

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 19:21:39 »
If only Kono would allow pickup from their Utah warehouse. Getting charged both shipping and tax and for something I could go pick up in 15 minutes is a little too much for me.

Offline lekashman

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 17:57:34 »
The Group Buy window for Troubled Minds is closing today. Due to heavy interest in the set, as well as several kits not reaching the MOQ specified by our internal pricing model, we are going to be keeping Troubled Minds available for purchasing beyond today. Our plan is to place an order with Signature Plastics for approximately 125% of the total group buy orders made by end of day today. We will then put hard inventory caps on each of the keycap kits, meaning when they run out, they are gone until the next group buy (which may be a while!).

In addition, at midnight tonight (PST), we will be raising the prices on the kits by $5 per set for Alphas, Novelties, Non-Standard, Purple Mods and TKL sets and $3 per set for all remaining kits.

A few housekeeping notes about Group Buys in general. Please be aware that once we place the purchase order, we do in fact transfer money to Signature Plastics to begin production. This means that after Monday, we will have essentially finalized the order and are committing to produce that many keycap sets.

TLDR: If you are having second thoughts about buying this set, please have them by midnight tonight.

For all Kono orders, please contact support@kono.store.

We have communicated with both zFrontier and mykeyboard.eu and believe that they will be offering the same as we are on Kono.

Offline vodanhdaisu

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 05:46:47 »
Thank you for your information
This is my first groupbuy and my first post on Geekhack
I've made a place of GB of this awesome keycap in konostore

I have 2 questions:
I'm from Vietnam, I would like to ask should I buy from zfrontier or konostore in order to get the keycap quicker and easier?
Which profile of keycap will be produced? Sorry, I did not join 1st stage of this GB before

Thank you

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 06:55:09 »
Thank you for your information
This is my first groupbuy and my first post on Geekhack
I've made a place of GB of this awesome keycap in konostore

I have 2 questions:
I'm from Vietnam, I would like to ask should I buy from zfrontier or konostore in order to get the keycap quicker and easier?
Which profile of keycap will be produced? Sorry, I did not join 1st stage of this GB before

Thank you

the profile of the keycaps will be SA.
as for the which vendor to buy from, in terms of cost, I'm not sure it makes a difference for vietnam because vietnam is in the ASEAN economic group, which I believe China isn't, so there's probably still VAT either way.
in terms of convenience I think from konostore will be easier and quicker in that case because it doesn't  ship twice (USA->China->Vietnam).~

Just trying to help because these are last minutes, my answers are not fact, just speculation :p
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline vodanhdaisu

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 07:57:09 »
Thank you for your reply
I would like to ask 1 more question : what switch is it compatible?
I joined groupbuy this set because I want it to fit on my Kira keyboard which I backed in kickstarter. I haven't choose the switch for the keyboard yet

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 08:36:48 »
Thank you for your reply
I joined groupbuy this set because I want it to fit on my Kira keyboard which I backed in kickstarter. I haven't choose the switch for the keyboard yet

It is compatible with MX switches.

Offline rowie

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 10:43:15 »
And the long wait begins! Love the Kono description “If you don’t buy it, the joke’s on you.”

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 07:55:25 »
Thank you for your reply

As eyedrop has said, it will fit MX-compatible switches like the ones offered in the Kira kickstarter campaign. Thanks for joining both buys! :D

Offline ProtonDecay

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 17:02:55 »
Now we just need a really nice desk pad!

KBDFans had one back in April (so most people buying this set missed it anyway), which would have been amazing if it did not have any quotes/text on it, and maybe a bit more premium like with an edge stitch to better match the set.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 May 2018, 17:05:33 by ProtonDecay »

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 17:35:14 »
If you can get a deskpad with the same quality as the ones from Novelkeyz, I would be all over it.  Nothing too busy design wise but would be really cool
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline ullr

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 19:52:29 »
Might be putting the cart before the horse here, but PM me if you’re in the US, you got the purple mods, and would be potentially interested in trading the three eva novelties for the seventeen joker novelties in the novelties kit next year (I’ll message back around shipping time)

Sorry to bump the thread