Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 944715 times)

Offline weaston

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Finishing packing, shipping starting)
« Reply #1550 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 20:03:23 »
Update

Taking the first wave of 20 boards to the post office tomorrow, planning for another 20 or so later in the week.

Will update shopify tomorrow with tracking numbers once they're with usps so check your emails.

Will be trying to keep a schedule of about 40 orders per week going out, there is some flexibility there of course but it should be do-able.  There are around 220 orders remaining so as I said a few updates ago, looking to the end of February for most if not all boards out.

Updates from now on will be saying the number of boards shipped.

If there is anything in your order that is wrong for whatever reason please don't hesitate to pm me.  If somehow you have a wrong plate color or something just let me know and we'll get it sorted.

Thanks all.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline Shadohhh

« Reply #1551 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 01:02:24 »
Thanks for the update Wes  :thumb:

Offline Quriosity

« Reply #1552 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 01:11:29 »
Thanks for the info  :D

Offline zian_

« Reply #1553 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 09:37:18 »
Just wanted to update:

Received the correct screws from Weaston this morning and everything fits as it should.

Thanks again, Weaston.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #1554 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 09:40:41 »
Just wanted to update:

Received the correct screws from Weaston this morning and everything fits as it should.

Thanks again, Weaston.

How does the board sound? Amazing? Can't wait to finally hear sound tests for this thing from people with the final productions. Finally this GB is coming to an end!

Offline weaston

« Reply #1555 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 20:32:41 »
Update

20 boards out today.  Check your emails, shipping will be from shopify.

As I mentioned last time, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have an order error.

More boards going out tomorrow.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #1556 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 21:57:17 »
Got shipping notification, should be here thursday. Thank you for running a public GB, cheers!
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline lemongrassii

• ig
« Reply #1557 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 05:29:11 »
Hey weaston, thanks for the updates. Are you gonna be using USPS for international orders too? Echoing my sentiment from last year that I'd personally feel more at ease with DHL Express/UPS/Fedex

KMAC HAPPY × DOLINGER 2017 × ORION V3 + LIGHTPAD V2 × 280 × IDB60 × LEAF60 × 8XV1.2OG × 8XV2.0ADD × GSKT-00 × TENGU × BIAS × RF87U × HHKBP2+HHKBPC+HHKBPH TYPE-S

Offline timotito

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Currently packing)
« Reply #1558 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 08:23:58 »

hello it’s me the lawyer please send money, social security numbers and hand pics to lawyer@law.com
[/quote]

reallawyer@gmail.com

« Reply #1559 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 12:11:02 »
Hey weaston, thanks for the updates. Are you gonna be using USPS for international orders too? Echoing my sentiment from last year that I'd personally feel more at ease with DHL Express/UPS/Fedex
For a 60% $50USD warrants DHL/UPS/FEDEX.. Not USPS standard shipping so I sure hope this doesn't get shipped through USPS tracked parcel for $50..... lmfao.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
[GB] GSKT-00 (Finishing packing, shipping starting)
« Reply #1560 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 17:46:41 »
Pirateship provides extremely reliable and good rates for international shipping.

I just shipped a couple 60s to Australia and Singapore (from the Midwest USA) for no more than $65 raw cost using their rates.

There’s a Shopify app that integrates well and lets you fulfill from Pirateship in the case of intl packages.

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #1561 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 21:27:01 »
Talking about sending things to Australia, USPS suspended services to Australia for a bunch of mail options. Not sure if you're using any of these options to ship to Australia Weaston but you might want to look at other options if you are.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1562 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 20:32:18 »
Someone in the community who got their GSKT-00 reached out to me because they weren't sure how to program the board. I looked into it and generated the VIA compatible hex file (to flash using QMK Toolbox) and JSON file (the latter you import on the Design tab on the VIA software).

Steps:
- set your PCB to bootloader mode (hold ESC while plugging in; OR plug in normally, press physical RESET button in the back)
- on qmk toolbox, see that there is yellow text indicating the microcontroller unit (atmega32u4) has been detected, select and flash the hex file
- open VIA, go to the Design tab, import the json file
- go back to the Configure tab and check that it's identified (if it doesn't show up, try unplugging and replugging the PCB back in)
- set your layout(s), test it on Key Tester

I tested it on my first run PCB and it works and tested it on a spare as well. I had the person who reached out with their GB production run board flash successfully as well.

Hope this helps.

p.s. old private run PCBs enter bootloader mode using Bootmagic (hold SPACE and B while plugging in) as opposed to Bootmagic Lite (ESC while plugging in) on the new ones
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 February 2022, 10:59:56 by LightningXI »

Offline carlanthony

• DIVINIKEY INC.
    • Divinikey Inc
« Reply #1563 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 20:35:30 »
Someone in the community who got their GSKT-00 reached out to me because they weren't sure how to program the board. I looked into it and generated the VIA compatible hex file (to flash using QMK Toolbox) and JSON file (the latter you import on the Design tab on the VIA software).

Steps:
- set your PCB to bootloader mode (hold ESC while plugging in; OR plug in normally, press physical RESET button in the back)
- on qmk toolbox, see that the there is yellow text indicating the microcontroller unit (atmega32u4) has been detected, select and flash the hex file
- go back to the Configure tab and check that it's identified (if it doesn't show up, try unplugging and replugging the PCB back in)

I tested it on my first run PCB and it works and tested it on a spare as well. I had the person who reached out with their GB production run board flash successfully as well.

Hope this helps.

I heckin love this guy. This worked for me, thank you!

Offline wencan008

« Reply #1564 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 20:42:26 »
Don't even have a shipping notification yet but thank you Diego

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #1565 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 20:53:38 »

Steps:
- on qmk toolbox, see that there is yellow text indicating the microcontroller unit (atmega32u4) has been detected, select and flash the hex file

Hope this helps.
Absolute legend!
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #1566 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 21:07:29 »

Steps:

Hope this helps.

King diego

Offline Tekniqs

Offline Datastream

« Reply #1568 on: Fri, 04 February 2022, 03:13:20 »
Ah it's finally happening. I'm excited for this again

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #1569 on: Fri, 04 February 2022, 11:12:41 »
congratulations to all!!!

-rukia gang

Offline rikercd

« Reply #1570 on: Fri, 04 February 2022, 15:29:38 »

Offline Xentik

« Reply #1571 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 12:44:00 »
any possibility we can get plate files now that people are getting their boards in? have mine in hand but i’m not a fan of the spacebar switch cutout. would rather have the switch completely clipped in + it gives me an excuse to get another plate color :p

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #1572 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 12:47:36 »
+1 for plate files but don't see it happening

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Xentik

« Reply #1573 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 13:03:41 »
+1 for plate files but don't see it happening

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
yeah he said he probably wouldn’t offer plate files when the thread first began, instead opting for future buys of components if we wanted more. but that was also 2 years ago and he said he didn’t want to run another groupbuy after this one, so maybe his mind changed about files too!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1574 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 13:09:11 »
any possibility we can get plate files now that people are getting their boards in? have mine in hand but i’m not a fan of the spacebar switch cutout. would rather have the switch completely clipped in + it gives me an excuse to get another plate color :p

For what it’s worth I’ve been using mine with that cutout for years now with no issues. I personally prefer a minimal mount on the spacebar for half-plates.

I recommend it, but also totally in support of designing your own plate too  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Xentik

« Reply #1575 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 14:21:20 »

For what it’s worth I’ve been using mine with that cutout for years now with no issues. I personally prefer a minimal mount on the spacebar for half-plates.

I recommend it, but also totally in support of designing your own plate too  :thumb:
maybe it's just me being nitpicky, but it leads to a bit of an inconsistent sound with only half the switch being clipped into the aluminum and half of it over the pcb. feels and sounds soft and muted on the top of the spacebar but firm and loud on the bottom. not a big problem whatsoever but i would definitely love to get one remade for consistency's sake

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #1576 on: Sun, 06 February 2022, 22:28:51 »
https://imgur.com/a/9H5C6TJ

is this par for the course?

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #1577 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 02:00:12 »

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #1578 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 02:36:03 »

Well. Time to look into reano ahead of time.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1579 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 08:05:08 »

Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #1580 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 08:26:51 »

Is this yours?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline weaston

« Reply #1581 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 08:41:23 »

It completely rubs off with a cotton cloth, it isn't actually the ano or a flaw.  A handful of the boards had it and I thought I had wiped them all, seems one made it past me in all the packing, my bad.

Also update, another 20 boards went out saturday, updating shopify with tracking today.  Slowly responding to emails and pms, sorry for the wait.

Offline weaston

« Reply #1582 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 08:54:12 »

maybe it's just me being nitpicky, but it leads to a bit of an inconsistent sound with only half the switch being clipped into the aluminum and half of it over the pcb. feels and sounds soft and muted on the top of the spacebar but firm and loud on the bottom. not a big problem whatsoever but i would definitely love to get one remade for consistency's sake

I guess I never said it before but I highly recommend a pcb mounted switch for the spacebar.  The idea is the plate is just there to keep the gasket aligned and the switch is held in by just being a pcb mounted switch.  Idk if you were trying to use a plate mount or not.  With a pcb mounted switch I haven't personally seen the sound be inconsistent but I suppose that could change with different switches.  But it was intentional and it was the sound I was going for at least with cherry black pcb mounts.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1583 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 09:01:30 »

It completely rubs off with a cotton cloth, it isn't actually the ano or a flaw.  A handful of the boards had it and I thought I had wiped them all, seems one made it past me in all the packing, my bad.

Also update, another 20 boards went out saturday, updating shopify with tracking today.  Slowly responding to emails and pms, sorry for the wait.

If only you weren't so rushed and didn't have well over a year to QC all the boards...

Offline rikercd

« Reply #1584 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 11:19:46 »

If only you weren't so rushed and didn't have well over a year to QC all the boards...

Are you actually in this GB or do you just stop by periodically to be an ******* to make you feel better about yourself?

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #1585 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 18:23:50 »

Is this yours?

hey zee, yes it is. Good news is it did wipe off easily.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1586 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 18:25:14 »

Is this yours?

hey zee, yes it is. Good news is it did wipe off easily.
Jfc. You’ve been *****ing in this thread for like a year and a half and then you pull this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1587 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 19:12:23 »
Did anyone who got cerakote as an option see it reflected in their order confirmation? I requested cerakote for my case, and it's reflected in the google sheet. But, my order confirmation/invoice doesn't have anything indicating I requested it.

If I didn't get charged, then it's really not that big of a deal that it's not cerakoted. It's been a while since payment, I don't remember paying a separate invoice or anything.
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline loopaddiction

« Reply #1588 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 20:58:47 »
Did anyone who got cerakote as an option see it reflected in their order confirmation? I requested cerakote for my case, and it's reflected in the google sheet. But, my order confirmation/invoice doesn't have anything indicating I requested it.

If I didn't get charged, then it's really not that big of a deal that it's not cerakoted. It's been a while since payment, I don't remember paying a separate invoice or anything.

Cerakote option and charge shows on my original invoice.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1589 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 21:37:35 »
Got my gskt last week during the first wave of shipping and also had a spot at the top that easily wiped away. There are some internal smudges that I haven’t tried wiping off. Also the pom plate came kinda scratched. Either way I’m excited to build it. If anyone has recommendations for a pom or half poly plate, I’d love to hear them

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1590 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 06:08:02 »
Got my gskt last week during the first wave of shipping and also had a spot at the top that easily wiped away. There are some internal smudges that I haven’t tried wiping off. Also the pom plate came kinda scratched. Either way I’m excited to build it. If anyone has recommendations for a pom or half poly plate, I’d love to hear them

Hyperglide Browns or Pewters, huge fan of light tactiles on a soft/no plate.  :thumb:  That’s what I’ll be doing with my POM.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline meow_meow

« Reply #1591 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 18:27:15 »
did anyone else's arrived damaged like this
weston isn't replying to emails...282359-0282361-1282363-2
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 February 2022, 18:30:01 by meow_meow »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1592 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 21:56:19 »
I don't know about the external facing one, but at least for the first two pictures, those look like marks from hanging on anodizing hooks. Often, internal marks like these are acceptable in QC. I'm not sure which corner I am looking at on the external case pic though

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #1593 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 22:20:11 »
Yeah. My internals had some marks. But that's whatever. But the outsides look pretty great.

Offline meow_meow

« Reply #1594 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 23:01:07 »
front right corner so it's on the noticeable side =(

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #1595 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 23:07:52 »
got the board. nice. i like the texture of the poly

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #1596 on: Sun, 13 February 2022, 01:16:05 »
Board is wonderful, thank you Weaston.

GMK Darling
Corsa switches, lubed with 205g0
Aluminum half plate

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1597 on: Sun, 13 February 2022, 01:22:24 »

GMK Darling
Aluminum half plate

Show Image

Show Image

Damn, that red is fire.

Looks so good. Great themed build, man.

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #1598 on: Sun, 13 February 2022, 02:51:22 »

GMK Darling
Aluminum half plate

Show Image

Show Image

Dang that's a nice build. Can't wait for mine :D

Offline wencan008

« Reply #1599 on: Mon, 14 February 2022, 14:24:40 »
Just got my board out of the blue today, never got my tracking number.

Wiped down the bottom of my board and the ano is quite uneven:
282640-0282642-1282644-2

Also, my screws don't fit. I tired pushing on them with a screwdriver and they won't budge. What are the screw specs?