Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 944747 times)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)
« Reply #1750 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 15:47:49 »
no response at all so far
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #1751 on: Thu, 20 October 2022, 11:00:16 »
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline vegs

« Reply #1752 on: Sat, 22 October 2022, 12:32:15 »
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline zekth

« Reply #1753 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 18:04:12 »
Looks like we need to play the attorney card again

Offline msvming

« Reply #1754 on: Thu, 27 October 2022, 04:09:28 »
Another 4 months already pass since last update. I dont think im gonna get my cerakote board before end of 2022  :(

Offline kbsomarks

« Reply #1755 on: Fri, 28 October 2022, 01:49:23 »
Woah.. what a disaster.. I never trust one designer to run a board, but I am new to hobby so not sure.  :confused:

Offline dantambok

« Reply #1756 on: Fri, 28 October 2022, 03:35:26 »
Woah.. what a disaster.. I never trust one designer to run a board, but I am new to hobby so not sure.  :confused:

really depends..
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

100+ GMK sets

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #1757 on: Fri, 28 October 2022, 03:54:57 »
Yeah there's been plenty of successful GBs run by designers. They do tend to be smaller unit count though, at least to start off with.

Offline msvming

« Reply #1758 on: Fri, 04 November 2022, 01:56:28 »
His last active is same as last post. I think we can assume that he will be gone forever  ...

btw, i have try searching for his address / phone number and already found one. Anyone wanna try reachout to him?
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 November 2022, 02:18:02 by msvming »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1759 on: Fri, 04 November 2022, 02:39:07 »
His last active is same as last post. I think we can assume that he will be gone forever  ...

btw, i have try searching for his address / phone number and already found one. Anyone wanna try reachout to him?
My last known whereabouts from him is from late september on discord via a friend. I'll lift the question with the other mods regarding reaching him over the phone, but please do not spread personal information and dox him in the thread.

Offline Datastream

« Reply #1760 on: Sat, 05 November 2022, 11:40:35 »
At this point I consider my cerakote gskt to never arrive and weaston to ghost. rip

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1761 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 12:21:08 »

My last known whereabouts from him is from late september on discord via a friend. I'll lift the question with the other mods regarding reaching him over the phone, but please do not spread personal information and dox him in the thread.

Just to follow up here on the topic, if people come across Weaston's personal info and want to try to contact him or take legal action, that's really outside the domain of the site so we have no say in whether or not it happens. The only thing we can't condone/allow is posting that info publicly on the site and doxxing him.

Offline zekth

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Finishing packing, shipping starting)
« Reply #1762 on: Sun, 13 November 2022, 06:55:40 »
Just like magic, more messages in 2 days vs 2 years.

Dude is going to ship 15-20 boards to get the felony fraud monkey off his back, then back to radio silence while GH loses focus with the lawsuit. You heard it here first.

joshuarubin's board first out the door of course - that's how these things go.

:-X

Offline weaston

« Reply #1763 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 16:15:49 »
Final Update before the last shipment

I wanted to wait till I had the cerakoted boards back in hand to post again so I could show off pictures and finalize all the shipments but of course there was a problem.  My understanding was cerakoting was being done these last few months but it turns out it had never even been started.  The boards are still safe and everything, I am going to get them back this weekend.

But that means there won't be any cerakoted units, which really sucks and I'm really disappointed by because I was really excited for people to see the quality of the guy I use, but alas he had his own problems in the last few months and couldn't make the run happen.  I don't want to drag this out any longer since I understand how unhappy you all have been with the wait time so I'm making the decision to forgo it in favor of getting the boards in your hands.

With that being said, I will obviously be refunding all money spent on cerakoting by you guys, so expect that back to you soon.  You'll see it back on or right before when your unit goes out, just so I can make sure I'm keeping track of it properly.

All the remaining orders will be sent out over the course of december and into january, at which point everyone will have their board in hand and the GB will be concluded.

Any more address changes please let me know at your convenience, and we'll get this finally wrapped up.

Again I apologize for the wait, I understand the discontent, I wouldn't be happy either and I'm not happy with how this GB has gone.  All I can do now is apologize again and get those final remaining boards out to you guys over the next two months.  Thank you all.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #1764 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 17:15:01 »

I wanted to wait till I had the cerakoted boards back in hand to post again so I could show off pictures and finalize all the shipments but of course there was a problem.  My understanding was cerakoting was being done these last few months but it turns out it had never even been started.  The boards are still safe and everything, I am going to get them back this weekend.

But that means there won't be any cerakoted units, which really sucks and I'm really disappointed by because I was really excited for people to see the quality of the guy I use, but alas he had his own problems in the last few months and couldn't make the run happen.  I don't want to drag this out any longer since I understand how unhappy you all have been with the wait time so I'm making the decision to forgo it in favor of getting the boards in your hands.

With that being said, I will obviously be refunding all money spent on cerakoting by you guys, so expect that back to you soon.  You'll see it back on or right before when your unit goes out, just so I can make sure I'm keeping track of it properly.

All the remaining orders will be sent out over the course of december and into january, at which point everyone will have their board in hand and the GB will be concluded.

Any more address changes please let me know at your convenience, and we'll get this finally wrapped up.

Again I apologize for the wait, I understand the discontent, I wouldn't be happy either and I'm not happy with how this GB has gone.  All I can do now is apologize again and get those final remaining boards out to you guys over the next two months.  Thank you all.

What’s the best way to communicate address change? I’ve been sending emails but haven’t gotten a response confirming the change.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1765 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 17:22:13 »

So you dropped off a bunch of boards to be finished and then...?

You didn't follow up with them to check on status, or get an update or anything else? No work was done on them at all? No stripping the other finish? Just sat there for months with zero updates?

Wasn't this GB promised to be finished 11 months ago now? Have the boards that were supposed to be cerakoted been sitting at the finisher for this whole time?

This whole disaster is a lesson on how not to run a GB.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1766 on: Tue, 22 November 2022, 12:19:18 »

If you really did then you would —at the very least— make an effort in regard to communicating the status of the outgoing boards instead of disappearing from here for months on end and randomly ghost shipping them...

Offline catamscott

« Reply #1767 on: Tue, 22 November 2022, 13:23:40 »
big bummer about the cerakote, but looking forward to at least getting the board (relatively) soon!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1768 on: Tue, 22 November 2022, 13:26:00 »
big bummer about the cerakote, but looking forward to at least getting the board (relatively) soon!

Same! Really just glad nothing is fundamentally wrong with the boards, just the finishing. Cerakote shops are fairly plentiful and colors are more standardized than finding an anodization shop.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #1769 on: Tue, 22 November 2022, 15:50:30 »
What’s the best way to communicate address change? I’ve been sending emails but haven’t gotten a response confirming the change.

Wondering the same, as I've given two address changes already during this GB and never got any confirmation.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1770 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 04:15:45 »

Let me know if you need help proxying any EU boards, if that could take some work off on your end!

Offline L8T

« Reply #1771 on: Thu, 24 November 2022, 19:28:45 »

Wait I moved to a different country so the old bank account is closed, refund won't work there. Can I dm you so u can refund it to my right account?

Offline loopaddiction

« Reply #1772 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 17:23:05 »
I also sent an e-mail about a cerakote refund request to a different payment source, but no response.

Still very reluctant I will actually get the board in the end, after all this time. What a complete joke.

Offline vegs

« Reply #1773 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 06:03:00 »

Let me know if you need help proxying any EU boards, if that could take some work off on your end!
Did you hear anything from Weaston on this?

buy less

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1774 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 08:42:01 »

Did you hear anything from Weaston on this?
Nop, tried contacting on disc but to nothing there either  :-X

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #1775 on: Sun, 11 December 2022, 09:39:19 »
If anyone is interested in 1x black PCB and 1x POM ANSI FULL plate (black) for the GSKT-00 lmk I'm in the United States for shipping.

Offline vegs

« Reply #1776 on: Sun, 11 December 2022, 13:43:21 »
I'm interested in trading my wk silver top for a wkl top if anyone wants to (whenever mine shows up)

buy less

Offline loopaddiction

« Reply #1777 on: Sun, 11 December 2022, 17:44:36 »
I'm interested in trading my wk silver top for a wkl top if anyone wants to (whenever mine shows up)

I PM'ed you but not sure if it went through, as it doesn't show in my outbox.

Offline vegs

« Reply #1778 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 01:52:51 »

I PM'ed you but not sure if it went through, as it doesn't show in my outbox.
replied!

buy less

Offline yui_

« Reply #1779 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 16:53:57 »
A while back Lightning sent a hex/json for VIA support. I just added VIAL so putting it here.

Enjoy :>

I hope everybody else can get their boards soon and this GB can be finished….

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #1780 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 16:57:56 »
A while back Lightning sent a hex/json for VIA support. I just added VIAL so putting it here.

Never heard of VIAL before. What's better about that versus via? Just curious.

Offline yui_

« Reply #1781 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 17:58:03 »

open source, json stored in kbd, more features… https://gist.github.com/xyzz/800b91c6629a5982558b6586b4a0b5f9 see this for a full explanation from the maker!!

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #1782 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 19:59:20 »

open source, json stored in kbd, more features… https://gist.github.com/xyzz/800b91c6629a5982558b6586b4a0b5f9 see this for a full explanation from the maker!!

Wow! Some neat QMK features now in GUI format. Cool.

Offline xeoomd

« Reply #1783 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 05:52:11 »
Anyone got the black mini-usb pcb successfully to manage VIA keymap?
It looks like the firmware on qmk of kapcave is for usb-c pcb only?

My red pcb with mini-usb is working just fine with VIA tho

Offline yui_

« Reply #1784 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 11:29:29 »

the via & vial firmware works perfectly on my mini-usb gb pcb.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1785 on: Sun, 18 December 2022, 16:45:46 »

Make sure you’re using the new web client. I couldn’t get it to work with the via app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zekth

« Reply #1786 on: Wed, 28 December 2022, 14:11:38 »
Do anybody from last batch gang received their keyboard?
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 December 2022, 03:23:38 by zekth »

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #1787 on: Thu, 29 December 2022, 12:40:51 »
Do anybody from last batch gang received their keyboard?

No, I haven’t nor have I heard anything on my address change requests.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #1788 on: Fri, 30 December 2022, 11:19:29 »
same
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline gabbbbbe

« Reply #1789 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 11:28:45 »
Hey! does anyone know where I can buy an extra gskt-00 pcb? Or what pcb available would fit the case? Thank you so much!

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #1790 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 03:54:18 »
Hey! does anyone know where I can buy an extra gskt-00 pcb? Or what pcb available would fit the case? Thank you so much!

Unfortunately the PCB is proprietary, no other PCB will fit.
USB-C PCBs were available from kapcave until July or so but their site seems to be down now and with weaston MIA your only option is to find one aftermarket.
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #1791 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 12:30:16 »

I have a GSKT-00 Black PCB for sale if you are interested. also have a POM ANSI Full plate. Let me know, I'm in FL-US and can ship. Have a lot of feedback on /r/mechmarket.

Offline zekth

« Reply #1792 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 05:10:04 »

Unfortunately the PCB is proprietary, no other PCB will fit.
USB-C PCBs were available from kapcave until July or so but their site seems to be down now and with weaston MIA your only option is to find one aftermarket.

I emailed Nachie from kapcave. He might be able to rerun some pcbs

Offline nachie

• KapCave
« Reply #1793 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 07:55:54 »

KapCave is ded, however I’m still around. If there is enough interest (20-30 units), I don’t mind doing another pcb run. I’m nachie#1001 on discord so feel free to dm me.

Full Disclosure: I did the pcbs for the private run and provided files for the public run. However I’m not associated with the public buy in any way, financially or otherwise. I won’t open source pcb files, but can provide edge cuts if someone wants to design another one. I don’t have a store yet, but there will be one next month or so.

AHKB | GSKT-00 | Arya | Båge | Paladin64

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #1794 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 08:20:06 »

KapCave is ded, however I’m still around. If there is enough interest (20-30 units), I don’t mind doing another pcb run. I’m nachie#1001 on discord so feel free to dm me.

Full Disclosure: I did the pcbs for the private run and provided files for the public run. However I’m not associated with the public buy in any way, financially or otherwise. I won’t open source pcb files, but can provide edge cuts if someone wants to design another one. I don’t have a store yet, but there will be one next month or so.

nachie is an all-around good dude. He's also making a pretty sick AEK-inspired 60% board, if you're so inclined 

Offline nug

« Reply #1795 on: Sat, 21 January 2023, 15:20:24 »

still waiting...

Offline dantambok

« Reply #1796 on: Mon, 23 January 2023, 06:54:43 »
praying someone like zeal will step in  :blank:
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #1797 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 12:31:19 »
I can't believe it's been more than 3 years and I still haven't got what I paid for, lmao

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #1798 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 15:00:52 »
I blame joining this on TaehaTypes for hyping this board up as a foot pad

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #1799 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 15:08:23 »
I blame joining this on TaehaTypes for hyping this board up as a foot pad

This was GB'd before I joined the hobby, so my memory isn't as long as your's may be (or other OG users here, especially). Was GSKT-00 the first hyped 60%? Or was the 356mini a big deal when it came out too? (Or some other legendary 60%?)