Author Topic: [IC] GMK Night Runner (GB is live!!!)  (Read 84813 times)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
[IC] GMK Night Runner (GB is live!!!)
« on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:16:52 »
GB is live!!!

https://thekey.company/collections/night-runner

218321-0

Welcome to the night:

Many of you know me from my Nexus Slider GB and more recently my keyboard designs from TheKey.Company, and for a while now I have been wanting to make a set but could never find the right one, until now.

Inspired by those elite few who navigate the rooftops of a dystopian cyberpunk city,  GMK Night Runner aims to bring a little of the not-so-distant future to your set up.
The inky dark alpha base color represents the night sky, while the soft, dark blue used for the modifiers represents moon lit features, and the bright yellow legends represents the landscape of fluorescent signs and people running about the city and its skyline.
So without further ado, GMK Night Runner.

Keyset test render(not accurate to base kit):

218514-1

Proposed kits:

221911-2

Board render:

Renders by voodoo6k, the mastermind behind DSA Scientific.

219716-3
Grid 600 with LED module.

219588-4

219718-5

219720-6

Novelties:

221029-7
221031-8

Deskpad:

218671-9
Drawn by OneCreativeMind.

221006-10
Drawn by OneCreativeMind.

Colors:

Alpha base is the same as GMK Red samurai mods(by coincidence).

219470-11219472-12219474-13

IC Form:

https://forms.gle/UVGZq19VCEFEheCK8

Additional info:

Cables will be available from Zap.

I am debating about adding artisans as well, but that is TBD.

Support:

Show you support for the set by using the following code in your signature. Artwork done by OneCreativeMind.

Timeline:

Looking to launch the GB in July Waiting on GMK to review colors to see how well they can match and to prevent issues prior to the GB.

Vendor/Proxy:

Main vendor: TheKey.Company
Proxies: TBD
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2019, 23:03:46 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline mta

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:19:07 »
Reminds me of Batgirl a bit -- cool colorway

Offline Tyson

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:22:08 »
I'm down! The colors are definitely different from anything out there right now! I love the way the yellow legends pop out!

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:22:27 »
Damn I love yellow legends

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:23:13 »
I like it, especially the alphas and the accent keys. If you were to add novelties, what do you have in mind?
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:36:29 by nasp »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:36:33 »
I like it, especially the alphas and the accent keys. If you were to add novelties, what do you have in mind?night
Currently undecided, but that needs to be discussed. Not sure what I want the novelties theme to be so I don't have any ideas drafted up atm.

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:37:28 »
Super interested! Filled out the form. Looking forward to seeing you develop this set.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:00:08 »
Oh that Blue shade is what I like the most in this set.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:15:46 »

Thank you! That is what finished the set off in my mind, I didn't like the previous version I had until I did that single change and fell in love with the colors.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:19:54 »
Surely this goes against your vision of the set but I feel like the mod colour steals the show here, I'd like to see what it'd look like if it were a uniform set (à la terminal/skidata/etc) with just the acid yellow accents.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:46:01 »
Surely this goes against your vision of the set but I feel like the mod colour steals the show here, I'd like to see what it'd look like if it were a uniform set (à la terminal/skidata/etc) with just the acid yellow accents.

I get where you are coming from but I wasn't in love with that as much hence the mod change. Maybe I could do a N9 mod kit but base will be the blue.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:58:26 »

Thank you! That is what finished the set off in my mind, I didn't like the previous version I had until I did that single change and fell in love with the colors.

You're welcome. And it's good to know that Blue is the vital part of the set to you. It's nice.
Keep up the good work!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:09:26 »
gotta admit not a huge fan of the colors on this one

purple and yellow is hard to make a winning combination with
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:38:18 »

Fortunately for you it's blue, not purple :)
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:45:03 »
OG Ultra Boost / OG Batman vibes... I like!

Offline comdata55

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:53:29 »
Love it, I'm in!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 18:30:37 »

Fortunately for you it's blue, not purple :)

it still looks bad
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 21:51:54 »
Update:

I have been working on getting the kits to where I want them to be for good renders. So will try and get renders done soonish and having someone help with novelties right now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:10 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 02:16:12 »
Now that I think about it, this give me cyberpunk 2077 vibes!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 16:19:56 »
Now that I think about it, this give me cyberpunk 2077 vibes!

Show Image

Hmm, colors do match very well, unintentional but a good match.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 17:31:26 »
Updated the IC form to include a question about the alpha color, So please fill it out to vote on possibly changing the color.

Current alphas are N9(renders are darker than intended) but I am thinking about switching to Pantone 426 C which is a mid point between N9 and CR. The reason to keep N9 is to be able to match other N9 sets, but switching would make it closer to the original renders and what I was thinking of color wise. Hard decision as both have pros/cons but I am on the fence and can't decide myself.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 17:07:48 »
Update:

Updated kits to fix compatibility and requests from the IC form. As well I have updated the colors to include Pantone 426 C, which is at this time the planned alpha base and accent legends color.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:22 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline PvtSkittles

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 17:59:43 »
Really love this - I hope it runs!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 18:10:33 »
Really love this - I hope it runs!

That is the plan, working on it in the background right now. Have to get novelties figured out and then real renders will be made and figuring out time frame from there.

Offline mkljfox44

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 18:53:35 »
Not bad. I'd like to see more renders though!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 23:05:42 »
nice

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 00:15:43 »
Not bad. I'd like to see more renders though!

Coming not too long from now hopefully, just want the novelties in the renders so have to wait for them to be designed(being done now by OneCreativeMind just like yours :P).
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2019, 00:31:33 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 00:51:18 »
Update:

Added more caps to each kit, so they are nearly done now.

New IC form with different questions to iron out the remaining details. https://forms.gle/UVGZq19VCEFEheCK8
Please fill the form out even if you already have, I would really appreciate it.

Novelties are being designed by OneCreativeMind as we speak.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:31 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 01:32:01 »
interested.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (New IC Form to fill out)
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 13:37:16 »
Support:
Show you support for the set by using the following code in your signature. Artwork done by OneCreativeMind.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 16:19:47 »
Update:

Novelties have been added to the OP.

Still working on them, so if you have any opinions on what stays or something you would like to see added feel free to let me know!

218299-0
218301-1

All drawn by OneCreativeMind.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:40 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 17:49:32 »
Love the novelties.
So shining.  :thumb:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 18:00:58 »
Love the novelties.
So shining.  :thumb:

Thank you! OneCreativeMind and me have been going back and forth the past few days to try and get great novelties, still may do more if we get some really good suggestions anytime soon.

Also the Deskpad is in the works and I think it will be one of the best out there imo.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 23:48:31 »
Can't wait! I'll be saving my money to get multiple base sets along with Novelties!

Offline xeronu

• https://0w.nz
    • xero.nu
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 11:41:49 »
i love it! please think about adding a 3u yellow spacebar to the kit :D

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 11:53:19 »
i love it! please think about adding a 3u yellow spacebar to the kit :D

I was told recently that GMK doesn't have 3u spacebars...was that inaccurate information?

Offline xeronu

• xero.nu
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 12:45:23 »
sux about 3u, but what can you do i guess :P

i really dig the "night city" vibe. i would love to see more modifiers w/ the skyline motif. an entire bottom (or top) row of buildings would be awesome and very unique. im also a fan of icon only modifiers, like these. not sure why more designs dont use the classic unix option/alt and meta symbols. this kit is looking super awesome. and i'm definitely down for "when" this becomes a reality. keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2019, 12:53:12 by xeronu »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 14:37:29 »
i really dig the "night city" vibe. i would love to see more modifiers w/ the skyline motif. an entire bottom (or top) row of buildings would be awesome and very unique. im also a fan of icon only modifiers, like these. not sure why more designs dont use the classic unix option/alt and meta symbols. this kit is looking super awesome. and i'm definitely down for "when" this becomes a reality. keep up the good work!

Well you are in luck, we added more! I am not sure if we will have that many novelties, just because cost only gets worse the more we add.

218392-0
218394-1

Offline Colourr

• no worries

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 13:12:59 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Big fan of these novelties!

Thanks! OneCreativeMind did an amazing job on them and I could not be happier.

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Novelties added, Deskpad and Artisan to come)
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 17:05:08 »
I've heard RAL colors are easier for GMK to match than Pantone. Might be worth considering/asking them to avoid issues with color accuracy.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Deskpad design is in! Artisan to come)
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 16:12:42 »
Update:

Quick update, The deskpad design is done!

OneCreativeMind did an amazing job taking my concept, and inspiration images and creating such a great design that I honestly could not be happier about. Hopefully everyone likes it as much as I do!

Deskpad:
218668-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:54 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 16:26:32 »
That's really good art what the ****, hopefully it turns out well in deskpad form!

Offline driftingbunnies

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 19:14:19 »
I really like the deskpad! One thing is the chinese/japanese characters just say night and to run/walk/go. Any possibility changing to to be runner?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 19:31:53 »
I really like the deskpad! One thing is the chinese/japanese characters just say night and to run/walk/go. Any possibility changing to to be runner?

Reason for it being 夜走 "Night Run" is to match the novelties(being that runner is two characters 走者).
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 May 2019, 19:38:11 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:52:11 »
Update:

The renders are starting to roll in, and I will be updating the OP post when each one is finished. I am trying to finalize what I want in the novelties kit, and taking suggestions on what row profile you want the each novelties to be on.

Render:
219492-0

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:30:56 »
Looking good! Excited to see the rest of the renders come in.

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 14:03:09 »
Looks good!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 14:04:10 »
Looks good!

Thank you! Getting more renders done atm, so will update as they flow in.

Offline comdata55

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 14:20:40 »
Love it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #50 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 17:13:40 »
Nautilus Nights?

Offline poodude

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 10:56:16 »
I love the grid 600 render where the alphas look midnight blue and the modifiers are a lighter blue. Not a huge fan of the yellow on black modifiers. I would buy that whole setup in the grid 600 render if I could.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 06:43:25 »
This looks really neat. I am certainly getting that one. I like how it matches with black cases and the desk mat.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 07:45:45 »
The deskpad is cool.
Have you considered about changing the font of the Chinese word.
It would make this more vivid and powerful.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 14:15:55 »
I love the grid 600 render where the alphas look midnight blue and the modifiers are a lighter blue. Not a huge fan of the yellow on black modifiers. I would buy that whole setup in the grid 600 render if I could.

Hey!

I made that render. In it, the keys reflect a lot of neon blue light. It's more of an artistic render to show off the theme.

This one has more natural lighting:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 16:50:12 »
Update:

Been finalizing kits to get ready for launch, This is the current plan for the kits. Sorry for the novelties just being text, I just used shorthand to represent them in KLE.

Renders are too come as well, needed to get kits figured out before I could get those done.

Also looking to launch in a few weeks, so keep a look out for more posts!

220230-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 July 2019, 12:02:20 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 17:52:37 »
Did you remove R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn on purpose, or was that a mistake in the new kit render?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 20:20:11 »
Did you remove R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn on purpose, or was that a mistake in the new kit render?

Those were part of the group that was cut out to try and reduce the number of caps. I can't remember what boards needed those, if you could let me know I may add them back in if it would be worth it.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 12:27:09 »

Those were part of the group that was cut out to try and reduce the number of caps. I can't remember what boards needed those, if you could let me know I may add them back in if it would be worth it.

They get used in the right column of some 65% boards.  The Tada68, the Massdrop Alt, and the WhiteFox, for example.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 14:33:14 »
They get used in the right column of some 65% boards.  The Tada68, the Massdrop Alt, and the WhiteFox, for example.

Ah, Okay. I put them in there originally and couldn't remember why I did so I took them out but that was a mistake it seems, lol. Added them back in so don't worry.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 21:07:33 »

Ah, Okay. I put them in there originally and couldn't remember why I did so I took them out but that was a mistake it seems, lol. Added them back in so don't worry.

Thanks!

Offline ngb09229

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Mid June GB - Finalizing kits and accessories)
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 11:33:08 »
Anyone know when the GB starts?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 12:11:03 »
Anyone know when the GB starts?

Within the next 2 weeks, Goal is the 14th but will let everyone know if that changes.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 17:11:48 »
Update:

Changed up kits a bit to give better support. And wanted to announce that the GB will be running very soon, Date is June 14th as I need to get the final set of renders in and ready for the GB launch and get all accessories ready as well.

Base kit: Now has the R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn caps added back in.

40's kit: Changed support quite a bit to try and get split space in there so 40's users weren't forced to buy 3 kits. Added full split space support to the kit but the compromise was keeping the accent colored 2U and 1U spacebars in the spacebar kit to keep the size of the 40s kit down as it is already fairly massive.

Spacebar kit: Moved the alpha colored 2u and 1u spacebars to the 40s kit and have duplicate alpha colored 2.25u and 2.75u spacebars for those that need split space support on non-40% boards.

Novelties kit: Added a new Skyline cap to allow for a full set of 4 for either function row or bottom row modifiers.

220329-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 June 2019, 17:18:09 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:42:26 »
The final kits are looking great, my dude. I will be in for one of each.

Offline Crab2020

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:47:10 »
New to the forums here and have been looking for some good sets for my first real mech board. So far this is the first set I've fell in love at first sight!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 20:27:26 »
New to the forums here and have been looking for some good sets for my first real mech board. So far this is the first set I've fell in love at first sight!

Glad to hear you love it that much!

The final kits are looking great, my dude. I will be in for one of each.

Thank you, spent quite a bit of time trying to get it to work as best as I could.

Offline infinitykw

• Amazed by the beauty of industrial design
    • zFrontier Profile
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 02:56:46 »
Missed Nautilus so will not miss this set!

In for the base and spacebars.  Not a fan for the current novelty designs honestly, so will pass.  Personally, I love simple/conceptual symbols as the novelties like shoes, skyscrapers, etc.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 19:21:40 »
Coming back here to check on the date after seeing the new Cyberpunk trailer. So hyped for both

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 19:58:55 »
Coming back here to check on the date after seeing the new Cyberpunk trailer. So hyped for both

Happy to hear you are hyped! Good thing is this set will take less time than the game did to launch.  :))

Offline infinitykw

• zFrontier Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 21:44:05 »
Hello.  Any update for the proxies as we approach the mid June?  Really excited about this set.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 21:56:11 »
Hello.  Any update for the proxies as we approach the mid June?  Really excited about this set.

I will announce when I have the final decision(I am pretty sure I know who, but want to get confirmation before I state anything). But that info will come fairly soon as the goal is to launch this week.

Offline infinitykw

• zFrontier Profile
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 22:27:47 »

I will announce when I have the final decision(I am pretty sure I know who, but want to get confirmation before I state anything). But that info will come fairly soon as the goal is to launch this week.

Great!  Thanks for the info.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 12:14:01 »
Update:

GB is delayed for a few weeks until we can get confirmation from GMK that colors are fine and there will be no issues trying to match. Pantone samples were ordered and I am waiting on them so I can look them over before shipping them to GMK for matching.

Sorry for the late notice but I have no control over this delay.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 12:19:38 »
Getting the colors right is a good call.

Offline snarfel

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:01:21 »
S'all good; gives me time to recover from Oblivion anyways.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:25:51 »
Update:

GB is delayed for a few weeks until we can get confirmation from GMK that colors are fine and there will be no issues trying to match. Pantone samples were ordered and I am waiting on them so I can look them over before shipping them to GMK for matching.

Sorry for the late notice but I have no control over this delay.

It seems like some group buys have had better luck getting GMK to match RAL than Pantone.  You might want to consider using RAL.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:31:56 »
It seems like some group buys have had better luck getting GMK to match RAL than Pantone.  You might want to consider using RAL.

Main issue with RAL is the reduced color set, there is no equivalent for the blue ribbon or safety yellow, and the closest colors aren't close enough to use. Hence ordering samples and sending them to GMK to go from there.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:59:49 »

Main issue with RAL is the reduced color set, there is no equivalent for the blue ribbon or safety yellow, and the closest colors aren't close enough to use. Hence ordering samples and sending them to GMK to go from there.

I can sympathize. I also tried using RAL but the color selection is quite poor in comparison to Pantone. I think that is why GMK can match RAL a bit more easily.

Anyway, this isn't BlindAssassin's first rodeo and he has a good community behind him at TKC so I wouldn't worry about the color matching.

Offline infinitykw

• zFrontier Profile
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 22:01:43 »
June has been a crazy GMK month, so no harm to run it in July.   Getting the colors right is always a good call

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 01:07:05 »
I don’t like the colour purple. I’m considering getting this set. That must mean you did a good job.  :thumb:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 01:17:59 »
I don’t like the colour purple. I’m considering getting this set. That must mean you did a good job.  :thumb:

Thanks! Now gib phosphorous. ;D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 12:38:06 »
That deskpad was much needed.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 13:13:52 »
Missed Nautilus so will not miss this set!

In for the base and spacebars.  Not a fan for the current novelty designs honestly, so will pass.  Personally, I love simple/conceptual symbols as the novelties like shoes, skyscrapers, etc.

The novelties are just placeholders in those kit images.

The real novelties are in the OP.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 14:07:43 »
Update:

Quick update now that the GB is delayed a bit, Got the artwork for the simple deskpad as well in case the full artwork deskpad isn't your thing.

Both drawn by OneCreativeMind.

221008-0

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 15:52:56 »
Another brilliant piece by OneCreativeMind! Looking forward to this set.  :thumb:

Offline Vox_PT

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Early July GB - New simple deskpad design!)
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 12:15:59 »
I'm in on this. The keyset looks really nice, I really dig this colorway.  :thumb:
This will go nicely with a custom build I have in mind.

(also, I'm glad this is being post-phoned to next month since I can't afford this right now  :)) )

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 16:23:01 »
Update:

Pantone chips are in and look really, really nice. Getting ready to ship them out to GMK right away to get matching feedback and go from there.

Hope everyone is as hyped as I am to get this set going!

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 17:23:21 »
Update:

Pantone chips are in and look really, really nice. Getting ready to ship them out to GMK right away to get matching feedback and go from there.

Hope everyone is as hyped as I am to get this set going!

Let's see!! :)

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 19:01:04 »
The hype is growing. :)

I'm in Europe though, fingers crossed for a proxy at Candykeys or MyKeyboard.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 19:05:29 »
Thanks for the update.
Can't wait to join the GB.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 07:42:06 »
The hype is growing. :)

I'm in Europe though, fingers crossed for a proxy at Candykeys or MyKeyboard.

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline infinitykw

• zFrontier Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 09:12:15 »
Def hyped.  Looking forward to see the chips!

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 12:05:33 »
Digging everything about this set. Definitely gonna get em.

Offline Crab2020

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 16:52:25 »
I see artisans are still TBD, any word on which you’re leaning yet on either having or not having them?

Offline nolan.hates.soymilk

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 17:07:05 »
Big fan of the yellow against the purple. And the origami crane novelty  ;)

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 18:13:58 »
Have you considered running a NorDeUk kit or adding UK-ISO caps to the base kit?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 20:06:49 »
Big fan of the yellow against the purple. And the origami crane novelty  ;)

Thank You! I really love how the colors look together.

I see artisans are still TBD, any word on which you’re leaning yet on either having or not having them?

At the moment it is mostly just a "Can we get something" as we are trying but have nothing confirmed at the moment, if it doesn't work out then it is what it is.

Have you considered running a NorDeUk kit or adding UK-ISO caps to the base kit?

ISO support will stay as it is in the base kit(only the num row keys missing from support).

Offline Possumx

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 11:55:54 »
Really interested in this. Too bad it doesnt have an ISO-DE or NorDeUk Kit.

Offline Faust_

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 13:02:27 »
Would love a Rama cap with neon infill for artisans wew.

Offline xeronu

• xero.nu
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 13:09:12 »
Novelties kit: Added a new Skyline cap to allow for a full set of 4 for either function row or bottom row modifiers.

A W E S O M E !

i cant wait to see some renders with the bridge enter keys as well

now i'm even more hyped than before <3

Offline Faust_

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 01:45:13 »
Are we still on track for an early July launch?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 11:11:10 »
Are we still on track for an early July launch?

Still waiting on a response from GMK about the samples, I will update once I have more information.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 01:00:37 »

A W E S O M E !

i cant wait to see some renders with the bridge enter keys as well

now i'm even more hyped than before <3

Added the novelties to the keysets(found out you can actually do this in KLE, never knew). Pretty pleased with how they look in just the KLE render.

221913-0

Offline eatmyguts

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Early July GB - Updated Novelties)
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 03:56:57 »
I love that Run key!
My POK3R violated my Ducky

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 05:44:56 »
Those novelties are looking great.  :thumb:
I was thinking about getting just the base kit but I might have to order one of those novelty kits too now lol.

Offline Crab2020

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 17:19:34 »
Big fan of the novelties!!

Offline surfortuna

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 17:48:48 »
I like this, but i think it would look better with grey legends.  I like the yellow accent mods, I just think there is too much yellow at the moment.

Offline PvtSkittles

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 17:57:00 »
Any chance you'll be selling a cable that matches this set?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 19:04:01 »
Any chance you'll be selling a cable that matches this set?

Yes there will be a matching cable!

And for those wondering, still waiting on a response from GMK.

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 08:17:49 »
Any update on this? :)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 09:48:20 »
Any update on this? :)

Still waiting on GMK sadly... :(

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 12:05:05 »
Update:

Great news, GMK has approved the color samples saying they will be able to match them and gave them the green light!!!

More info to come as I just got this news today.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 13:10:30 »
Wooohooooo. So still aiming for a July launch?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 13:51:54 »
Wooohooooo. So still aiming for a July launch?

That is the goal! Working on stuff in the background to get it back on track. GMK took longer than I expected to green light the color samples.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 17:05:03 »
Please consider adding the missing UK keys or adding a full Nord and UK kit. Love the colours but need to buy in Europe.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 17:49:38 »
Update:

Great news, GMK has approved the color samples saying they will be able to match them and gave them the green light!!!

More info to come as I just got this news today.

So will they send you samples or take photos?  I always like
To see samples next to other GMK sets as a point of reference

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 21:45:51 »
So will they send you samples or take photos?  I always like
To see samples next to other GMK sets as a point of reference

Will post when I get more info, hopefully at least pictures.

Offline DrNooob

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 12:59:54 »
How can I get in on the group buy?

Offline Cactus_Tony

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 13:11:18 »
Man I can't wait for this set. Are you going to have that dope deskmat included in the group buy as well?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 13:34:43 »
UK ISO 2" and 3£ please
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 14:49:24 »
UK ISO 2" and 3£ please
second that. It would make it perfect.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 16:50:27 »
How can I get in on the group buy?

Follow here or on the TKC Discord (https://discord.gg/n353ruC) for the announcement for when the GB goes live.

Offline noobschoolbus

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 14:30:41 »
Really looking forward to this. The colors remind me of an Iron Maiden album.. one of my favorite bands!

Offline Longmeat

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 23:32:04 »
Cannot wait for this GB.

Glad to hear there will be a matching cable :D

Any chance for Gaijin alphas? A matching deskmat too?

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 02:57:02 »
A matching deskmat too?
There are two of them (see the OP first post)

Offline Longmeat

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 03:26:16 »
A matching deskmat too?
There are two of them (see the OP first post)

oh goodie, thanks for poiting that out

Offline bassvirtuoso

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 10:40:51 »
Looking forward to these!

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 20:22:09 »
This set has me so confused, can’t tell if I love it or hate it. I do love how unique it is and curious to see the sample chips. Great work either way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Early August GB - Artisans soon)
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 17:07:50 »
Update:

Sorry for not updating in a bit, GMK took so long on the color sample approval that is pushed back the GB.

Working on getting everything ready for launch right now, So no updates most likely until launch.

And artisans have been talked about, I have selected what I want and we will go from there. The official announcement/reveal will be later but so far I love them.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 17:59:31 »
So happy to hear that.
Thanks for the update.
GB is coming soon.  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline masterchris_99

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 03:30:15 »
Really interested in this. Too bad it doesnt have an - or NorDeUk Kit.

Yes me too. For my first mech keyboard, ÜÄÖ is mandatory... :-)

Offline Woovie

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 16:32:52 »
Amazed no one has posted this.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 17:23:30 »
Amazed no one has posted this.

Show Image

Why

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 22:39:04 »
found the night runner car
223112-0

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 04:39:46 »

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline edasaur

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 09:21:46 »
found the night runner car
(Attachment Link)
what's the MOQ for the car kit?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Faust_

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 28 July 2019, 06:17:21 »
Any chance there can be a render of this with the Thermal keyboard in black and a red plate?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (GB is live!!!)
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 23:04:26 »
GB is live!!!

https://thekey.company/collections/night-runner

Will post the GH thread link once it gets approved...

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 12:51:47 »
Any news on the proxies for this?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 13:20:30 »
Any news on the proxies for this?

EU - CandyKeys
Asia - zFrontier

All the info will be in the GB post, just waiting on approval still...

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 15:43:04 »
Okay, thanks!  :thumb:

Offline Cactus_Tony

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 18:15:10 »
In for everything! I'm guessing you are waiting for the GB thread before you post to reddit? This set will kill on r/mk.

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 23:00:41 »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 23:52:14 »
Woops forgot to post that, thank you! and now this shall be locked.