Author Topic: IBM Model M Space Saver (FRU)  (Read 2138 times)

Offline rodney

IBM Model M Space Saver (FRU)
« on: Tue, 18 August 2009, 16:12:58 »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140340243830

Whatcha think about'it? Dis b the real deal?

I'm looking to snag one of these tanks for my stead.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 August 2009, 16:17:07 by rodney »

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 August 2009, 22:15:33 »
I hate to say it but you just increased the cost of getting that board. That is a Field Replacement Space saver that is still in the shrink wrap. If I had not just bought another keyboard I would really consider getting it myself. But you may get lucky and no one on Geekhack wants one right now. Also lucky for you and any Geekhack member now is that this auction is miss labeled. If they had put NIB in the title this board would be much higher already. So set-up your snipe software and try to get it.

Oh the description also states that they are throwing in a PS/2 cable wonder if it is new as well. The other ones like this that have gone on sale have not included the cable.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 August 2009, 23:06:58 »
Quote from: ripster;110490
By the way, I've seen these before and I think we concluded that they were shrinkwrapped by the OEM, IBM never did this.  Still, should be a good deal since that ugly OEM label should be easy to strip off.

Look at the keycaps before buying - a little different.

True it is a OEM but still a new one. That seller also has a new OEM Model M as well that is currently sitting at $14.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE

Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 01:24:43 »
That is a good price. Wonder if rodney got it.
Keyboards

Offline rodney

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 27 August 2009, 15:35:26 »
Much to my chagrin, I didn't get it. There's always next time, right?