Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2394966 times)

Offline Linkbane

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #1950 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:54:02 »
There's a lot of insanity, but there are also some good people on here.  Post a wanted thread if you haven't already and try for that Clack.  You may get lucky, especially if you offer good beer as part of the trade.
A wanted thread? Could you do this newb a favor and enlighten me?
Also, I'm not of legal age to buy beer in most countries, haha. Any recommendations, though?
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1951 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:55:16 »
Just do a [WTB] MX/Topre/whatever Octoberfest CC and put in the thread what you're offering or what you could add as an incentive.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1952 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:01:33 »
Auctions of any kind are frowned upon, not just CC auctions.

Many of us believe that auctions have no place on this forum, and should be relegated to off-site auctions, such as eBay.

Unfortunately, auctions have become more commonplace of late, with people posting their sob stories of why they must auction off their items. And as they are tolerated, they will become more prevalent. I look forward to the day when no auctions are permitted on the forum.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1953 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:03:46 »
ITzNybble I wanted to create a rhyme for you, unfortunately im not a very good poet.

There was a guy called Rarar,
Now no-one likes him.
The End.

Jimmies have been rustled, its too late to unwrustle  :p
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1954 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:06:18 »
The gospel of JDCarpe.  Only truth passes those lips.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #1955 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:07:09 »
I see, I shall try and do that. Thanks for the advice, nubbinator.
jd, I can certainly agree with the fact that having auctions on ebay is not exactly looked well upon. But at least it keeps the business inside the community, where we're (I hope) more transparent and held more accountable than on eBay. I still thank that sales are much better, honestly.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1956 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:21:25 »
A straight-up sale, with a listed price no higher than retail, would be the best option.

After that, a sale with a listed price (without restriction), would be preferable.

eBay auction would be okay.

Forum auction should not even be an option. With eBay, there are protections for both buyer and seller, as long as things are done correctly and above-board. Neither the buyer nor the seller have any protections or recourse if things go awry with a forum auction.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1957 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:23:54 »
A straight-up sale, with a listed price no higher than retail, would be the best option.

After that, a sale with a listed price (without restriction), would be preferable.

eBay auction would be okay.

Forum auction should not even be an option. With eBay, there are protections for both buyer and seller, as long as things are done correctly and above-board. Neither the buyer nor the seller have any protections or recourse if things go awry with a forum auction.

Preach.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1958 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 00:13:47 »
How much are a red cherry DS enter cost? Is it less than or equal to the $4 EK charges?

Also what about nyan cat backspace?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1959 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 06:40:11 »
How much are a red cherry DS enter cost? Is it less than or equal to the $4 EK charges?

Do you mean one made by Cherry? Are you sure they were even made before? Never seen one for sale.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #1960 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 08:40:21 »
ITzNybble I wanted to create a rhyme for you, unfortunately im not a very good poet.

There was a guy called Rarar,
Now no-one likes him.
The End.

Jimmies have been rustled, its too late to unwrustle  :p

Wonderful song about rarar!
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1961 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 10:23:51 »

Do you mean one made by Cherry? Are you sure they were even made before? Never seen one for sale.

This one: https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cds_red_enter

I already ordered one

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1962 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 19:01:50 »
How much is a candy corn blank and candy corn skull worth?

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1963 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 20:58:50 »
How much is a candy corn blank and candy corn skull worth?

tbh clack prices are generally inflated. so the point is, how much is the seller gonna sell it for.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1964 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:02:20 »
$250 for the skull, is it really worth that ?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1965 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:12:32 »

Almost all CCs are WORTH about $40-$50, but because the prices have gotten so inflated recently, know one can really tell you what someone will pay for them...

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1966 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:21:26 »
There is no set value.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1967 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:23:36 »
Damn :(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1968 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:28:45 »

No, unless you're someone looking to make a quick buck on the community instead of wanting it to go to someone who will appreciate it or unless you're Clack himself.  Then you earned that money with your work.

Offline kgrad5

« Reply #1969 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:01:33 »
Hey,

What would it cost me at present to get a Klaxon set RoW alphas and WoR Mods?

Also a Raindrop set?

thanks!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1970 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:25:04 »
Hey,

What would it cost me at present to get a Klaxon set RoW alphas and WoR Mods?

Also a Raindrop set?

thanks!

Generally, a full set of base plus mods will go for around $100. Could be a bit more, depending on if there is Numpad, Tsangan, etc.

Both of those sets were from recent GBs, so there are probably some out there. When you can post in Classifieds (60 post minumum), you can start a WTB thread.

People don't generally mark up the price on sets from GBs, unless they were a) somehow rare or b) bought through a retail channel such as Techkeys or Keypop, where they would have cost the original purchaser a bit more due to vendor markup.

in memoriam

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1971 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 11:51:22 »
Coolermaster XT fullsize board with stock mx white switches. In like new condition. White box sample. 2 or 3 keys don't click at all and maybe a few that click a little different, this seems par for the course for boards with white switches.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1972 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 11:58:21 »
Coolermaster XT fullsize board with stock mx white switches. In like new condition. White box sample. 2 or 3 keys don't click at all and maybe a few that click a little different, this seems par for the course for boards with white switches.

These are what, $90 retail? Did you purchase it with whites, or is it modded?

in memoriam

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1973 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:05:07 »

Amazon prices range from $89.99 (blue), $94.99 (brown), $99.99 (red), $129.99 (green) depending on switch type.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1974 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:08:30 »

Amazon prices range from $89.99 (blue), $94.99 (brown), $99.99 (red), $129.99 (green) depending on switch type.

I was going by the prices listed on the Coolermaster USA Store. The green switch version there is $119.99. So those prices you listed are probably a good example. If you take the $129 for the more "exotic" green switch, and maybe knock off 10% for used. That's what I would do. Only you know what you paid for it, though.

in memoriam

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1975 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:21:22 »

I was going by the prices listed on the Coolermaster USA Store. The green switch version there is $119.99. So those prices you listed are probably a good example. If you take the $129 for the more "exotic" green switch, and maybe knock off 10% for used. That's what I would do. Only you know what you paid for it, though.

Yes I bought two boards together this being one and lost ~$30 selling the other one. I've had no legitimate interest (one 0 poster was said he wanted it and dissappeared) in this one having tried to sell it a few times so I was just wanting a ballpark idea. Thanks!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1976 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 11:30:32 »
How much for 90 plate mounted mx blue switches (brand new) & 100 plate mounted mx white switches (brand new)?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1977 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 11:37:26 »
How much for 90 plate mounted mx blue switches (brand new) & 100 plate mounted mx white switches (brand new)?

$0.50 or so for the Blues (there's a user selling them new in the classifieds for that much).  I don't know if I can comment on Whites since they're less common, but probably anywhere from $0.75 to $1.25 each.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1978 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 07:19:53 »
I don't know if I can comment on Whites since they're less common, but probably anywhere from $0.75 to $1.25 each.

New from 7bit they cost about 0.87$.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1979 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 09:55:37 »
I don't know if I can comment on Whites since they're less common, but probably anywhere from $0.75 to $1.25 each.

New from 7bit they cost about 0.87$.

Thanks.  I'll amend my response to $0.75-0.87 each.  I was going off of what I remember seeing them at on different sites on octopart.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #1980 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 12:04:53 »
For used switches, do any (of the common four:red, blue, brown, black) command a premium, or are they all about the same?

I ask because I have a 350 browns from cherry POS, 100 blues from a dolch, and maybe 100 blacks from a wyse I'm probably not going to use ever.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1981 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 12:06:48 »
All about the same.  Some people will pay more for "vintage" Blues and Blacks, but they're all about the same.  I'd say Browns and Reds might have to be sold for less since they don't seem to be as popular.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #1982 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 16:13:37 »
All about the same.  Some people will pay more for "vintage" Blues and Blacks, but they're all about the same.  I'd say Browns and Reds might have to be sold for less since they don't seem to be as popular.

I haven't heard of vintage blues before, do they have a different sound or something?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1983 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 16:19:00 »
Same deal as "vintage" Blacks from my understanding.  Supposedly feel smoother.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #1984 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 16:21:37 »

I'd say browns and reds are worth more because they're in low stock around the net.

I haven't heard of vintage blues before, do they have a different sound or something?

There is no such thing, someone posted one picture of a slightly different blue switch once, and people believe it.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1985 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 16:52:29 »

http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8/cherry-mx-old-vs-new-t139.html

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1986 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 17:20:01 »

http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8/cherry-mx-old-vs-new-t139.html

^^^ vintage blues do exist, as do vintage blacks

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1987 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 19:59:49 »
Yeh generally I would say $.30-.50/ea for used switch for any common type. I would only charge more for exotics like super, linear clear/white, orange...
Vintage switch have some subtle differences, but they probably aren't worth any big premium. It's easy as hell to get either black or blue in old MX boards with din5 or some sort of terminal/rj connector as they are nearly always pre 1991.

Offline djmattm

« Reply #1988 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 04:34:00 »
In your opinion how much would be a gasmask? really don't care much about which one since i like them all
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Stealth Edition

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1989 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 05:45:40 »
In your opinion how much would be a gasmask? really don't care much about which one since i like them all

Gas masks of any color are worth $25 without shipping.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1990 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:01:35 »
Some people sell at cost. I'm selling my iron masks from the last run at cost because I ordered the wrong ones.

Offline nogamesplayed

« Reply #1991 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 20:44:18 »
Does anyone know how much superhero (boost) keycaps go for?
--------->[WTB] Radeon HD 7950 or better<---------

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1992 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 21:38:03 »
Does anyone know how much superhero (boost) keycaps go for?

Those are priceless.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1993 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 22:17:56 »
whats a Ducky Year of the Rabbit MX Brown worth?
number 198/034
I actually don't have the Ducky USB cable, so i guess that'll affect the sales
Keyboard's in mint condition along with the white PBT engraved caps.
Have the Bag and the Box and the Lavender WASD keys and Plastic cap puller

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1994 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 06:00:37 »
Anyone remember a while ago boost (I think) was selling the metal sc2 race icon caps but I can't remember how much for? Anyone have an idea??

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1995 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 07:52:48 »
whats a Ducky Year of the Rabbit MX Brown worth?
number 198/034
I actually don't have the Ducky USB cable, so i guess that'll affect the sales
Keyboard's in mint condition along with the white PBT engraved caps.
Have the Bag and the Box and the Lavender WASD keys and Plastic cap puller
Show Image

that's a nice keyboard you got over there.  ;)
a month of so ago, i think there was one at the great finds section.
maybe you'd like to have a look there for price comparison.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1996 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 10:37:28 »
Anyone remember a while ago boost (I think) was selling the metal sc2 race icon caps but I can't remember how much for? Anyone have an idea??

depends which metal, i know the titanium were like $50-60 apiece, the Aluminum/Zinc was around $20.00

I bought my Zerg Aluminum one from Feng I think for $20.

Offline tbc

« Reply #1997 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 15:58:15 »
the ALU ones from feng are pretty nice. picked up a protoss one as a gift.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1998 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 23:49:42 »
This entire lot of novelty keys in one bundle:
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1999 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 07:05:30 »
This entire lot of novelty keys in one bundle:
Show Image

$80-90 would probably be a steal, you might get $110-120 depending on buyer.

ps: is the black on beige caps lock center stemmed?