Author Topic: Crap Bag Post-tacular  (Read 3385 times)

Offline BlueNalgene

Crap Bag Post-tacular
« on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 03:07:57 »
I just got my big baggie of factory seconds in today.  Thought I might show them off.  So now, I will recap what I got in this with a...

Here is the load partially separated into some jars I had lying around that were part of a failed attempt to make vacuum chambers.

I've broken up the post into individual "MORE"s so this page doesn't take forever to load for people with crap internet.

Let's start with the boring old blackies.
More
I have a few jokes here about separating the black keys from the rest, but they all make me seem like a southern jackass, so I will give them a pass.

The bag contained what appears to be a nearly full set of DCS blanks.

I don't have many keyboards at the moment that would benefit from a total blackout - so I might decide to pack them up as a TKL set and see if anyone wants to buy it for cheap.

I also got the requisite load of white legend detritus that I don't really intend to put on a board.  I have little use for these.  If anybody needs something specific, hit me up.
More

I also have some of those silly flat SAs that everyone likes so much too.  These will probably be bases for keycaps I will carve/mold in the future.

And I separated all the fancy coloreds (couldn't resist that one) into a pile in case somebody decides they need them for a set.

The special use profiles I got were:
More
These things.  Glow in the dark?

Iso enter keys I have pretty much no use for.

Keys with this weird pyramid profile that I don't recognize

Flat top/round edge - these are destined to be victims of my experiments

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (clear holes).

Lumpy doo-dads I'm not a fan of.

Things with non-cherry stems:
More
Iso enters for the buckling squares

Stems that make me feel less adequate as a man.

A disappointing number of Alps - totally going to make alps artisan crap now.

And some keys that remind me of some crackers I had when eating with a bunch of vegans.

I got a few things that were a little odd to me:
More
I WANT A BIG CEREAL WITH A BIG TASTE

Telephone?

Le European Telephono?

Real winners, like everyone that I went to elementary school with.

BARS IN SPAAAACE

I got the SA motherlode though.
More
By our powers combined....

The 1u randoms...

The multi stem modifiers...

Some heart monitors and weapon buttons...

The Angled SA crew...

And the rest...

...we become MECHACLUSTER**** - Most glorious of all SA keyboards

I'm using this now.  I don't even care what you judgmental types think.  It feels so much better than those slanted thin lipped turds that came with this thing.  I can't wait until the 1976 is released.  I actually kinda like using an angled top row SA on the 'w' key.  It makes finding my gaming keys easier.  It is like having a homing bump for my WASD.

I have a load of things that people might want to pick from if they are in need - that or I'm going to sacrifice them to the evil god of Sculpey.
More
Now in two flavors:
Carpenter's DreamSA

And normal

And finally I have the good ****.
More
I got these interesting caps that have some inadequate mixing of the polymer that gives a neat marbling effect.  Some might consider it lame, but I like it.

Whoops? How did these get here? Complete mistake, this totally wasn't some sneaky self-promotion. Honest.

Fun legends and fancy stuff.

A yelling button, a grumpy greenie, transparent red, a smattering of wolves (4 transparent, 1 invert, 2 regular), a super key, a deskthority key, a key my boss will try to steal from me, a superer key, and a really sweet \gamma that looks like it might have been a mistake from the nuclear data rad hard set that is actually a \lambda.

So I hope you enjoyed this display of my bag-o-crap.  If anyone wants/needs something, let me know.  I'd like to get more stuff that has the 'classic' SA look (nuclear data, etc.) if anybody WTT.  Also, I need CTRL sized SA profile caps.  I think they are 1.25u on my board.  I will measure later.  The calipers are all the way downstairs and I'm sleepy.

More
Super Special Caps That I was amused by.  Beware of puns ahead:

For commanding my robotic modelsAs if tanks were difficult to findis a BMWBut only if it is a high top with steps on the sideI yell this enough at programs I should use itThis button is a misprint of the Israeli flag - which is used for super secret Jewish commands
What rad?For when you need to nut upOut of balrasdflkajs;Matthew Luke and John, outI don't remember why I thought this was amusing*raises eyebrows*
dold rad what now?Yes, text is radthe irony is that this Disabl key doesn't have a stem.  Literally crippledFor getting people out of a queueThe facial expression when I saw how much the crapbags costIt looks like a tiny square top hat
Public indecency commandThis one had a surfactant joke, but I don't think it would mix well in this crowd.sight line?have you been talking to rad?Half of the Miami color schemeNote to self: add to car
2!Inside joke.  Nevermind.Nigerian keycapOther half of Miami color scheme.The Face of BoeCWtf are those stabs?Are these buckling spring stems?

Offline mecano

Re: Crap Bag Post-tacular
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 03:46:32 »
Thanks for the report doesn't look too bad…

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 03:52:48 »
About the same as last year, but with a bit more recognisable SA and Toxic :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 03:56:36 »
You got playdoh with your crap bag?

Offline Data

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:20:27 »
This post was truly epic.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:35:19 »
I would gladly take/buy that black, shiny, SA ISO enter off you. The one that says "Return"

And maybe that "Option" Granite mod too...
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:39:36 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 11:32:35 »
I would gladly take/buy that black, shiny, SA ISO enter off you. The one that says "Return"

And maybe that "Option" Granite mod too...

PM me with your deets.

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 12:43:05 »
I love the cap that says cyan, but isn't.

WASD V2 - MX Green / Aqua - MX Green(WIP) / Unicomp Ultra Classic - Buckling Springs

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 12:52:16 »
Damnit, if I had known there'd be that many SA caps in these bags I would have gotten 3!  :(

Offline engicoder

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 12:53:40 »
Nice Rad Hard Gamma....glad it went to some one who can appreciate it!!
BTW...if its ever looking for a new home.... ;D

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 14:01:00 »
Nice Rad Hard Gamma....glad it went to some one who can appreciate it!!
BTW...if its ever looking for a new home.... ;D

I literally have a solution of uranium nitrate spinning behind me as I type this.  I challenge you to find anyone else who could appreciate gamma rays more on this site. 

And that cap is probably my favorite of the bunch.  Sorry - it probably won't be going to a new home ever.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 16:41:06 »
the real BIG-ASS ENTER

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 19:21:24 »
racist
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 19:38:38 »
racist

I swear the catholic saint in pic 2 is just a visual pun for the lead singer of the Pixies.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 20:36:30 »
Do you have any hall effect keycaps? I remember last year a few people had some.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 21:38:41 »
Do you have any hall effect keycaps? I remember last year a few people had some.

I believe that 5 of those ISO enter caps are hall effect.  Reference the first picture under "non cherry stems." You need any?

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 15:23:11 »
Unfortunately I have no need for ISO enters. Thanks for offering though