Author Topic: [IC] GMK Metropolis - (2.28 - Updated Proxies info/prices) | GB Launches 3/25!  (Read 114436 times)

Offline nephlock

Show Image

Love it with that Midnight kit! Awesome!

Offline Jaycob_Creighton

Show Image

Danggggggggggg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline omgkittiesyay

Wonder how this would look in a yellow case

Offline druck21

I would be allllll over this if the alphas were separate or if the base kit came with midnight mods instead of all the colors. As it stands now it’s way too expensive for me to justify base+midnight for a TKL board. :(

Offline mgsickler

I would be allllll over this if the alphas were separate or if the base kit came with midnight mods instead of all the colors. As it stands now it’s way too expensive for me to justify base+midnight for a TKL board. :(

If the Alphas were separate - their price would go up. It's a hard balance to get kits down just right, but I really think that the pricing and kits here are pretty great.

6 days before this GB starts!

Offline rejuvienate

Can someone explain how did he keep the price of the base kit so competitive? Why do some other base kits price higher and why are some able to price theirs differently?

What makes the price? The custom colours? margin of profit?

Offline mgsickler

Can someone explain how did he keep the price of the base kit so competitive? Why do some other base kits price higher and why are some able to price theirs differently?

For NovelKeys, at least, we priced this with the aim of hitting 500 MOQ.

Price is determined basically by a couple things
- Number of keys
- Novelties (because Novelties are separate, it helps the cost of the base kit)
- MOQ (For custom colors this starts at 250, for stock, it starts at 150)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord

For NovelKeys, at least, we priced this with the aim of hitting 500 MOQ.

Price is determined basically by a couple things
- Number of keys
- Novelties (because Novelties are separate, it helps the cost of the base kit)
- MOQ (For custom colors this starts at 250, for stock, it starts at 150)

Also number of colors affects price.

Metro is sure to sell 500 MOQ, that's what I believe. Gorgeous set! :)

Offline sagadoi

Cannot wait for gb start
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL

Offline ShadeDream

Set looks great!

I know I'm far too late to the party for this, but I do wish more sets would include R3/R4 PgUp/PgDn. I feel like I talk to people who use this layout, but maybe I'm just weird.

Offline TuCZnak

Set looks great!

I know I'm far too late to the party for this, but I do wish more sets would include R3/R4 PgUp/PgDn. I feel like I talk to people who use this layout, but maybe I'm just weird.
I'd suggest just slapping in novelties. But yes, Home/End/PgUp/PgDn is way more logical than Home/PgUp/PgDn/End in my opinion, which is used mostly for historical reasons? And you also need one less special keycap in the set...

Offline nephlock

As Mike mentioned above, one of the biggest factors in the pricing of the base kit was splitting the novelties, as well as keeping keycap quantity in check. While i would have loved to cover everyones layouts, the hard decisions come down to a balance of common layouts and realistic need.

I'd suggest just slapping in novelties. But yes, Home/End/PgUp/PgDn is way more logical than Home/PgUp/PgDn/End in my opinion, which is used mostly for historical reasons? And you also need one less special keycap in the set...

This is a great example that i wanted to call out, primarily because it exemplifies how i arrived at most of my decisions. What should be covered, and how can it be done efficiently. This does leave a few users with maybe not their ideal caps, but novelties can always be used in a pinch, and it benefits the whole by not bloating the kits.

This keyset also had a unique problem as well.. Every extra modifier key added to the base, HAD to be added to the midnight kit for identical coverage. Adding one, is really adding two. Further pushing costs into a realm i felt like became unapproachable for people.

In the end everyone has different opinions on kitting, and it will always benefit some while punishing others. Huge kits are the cheapest per cap, but force you to pay for a majority of caps you might not use. Splitting the kits like some recently is high $/cap and keeps it cheaper overall for those that need less, but severely deters those who need extended coverage. My personal opinion is more in the middle. I've done my best to keep the kits low and simple, while breaking where i felt it made sense and wouldn't be a major deterrent for those wanting a little extra.

So for all those that might be missing a cap or two from your ideal layout, take solace in the fact that its absence likely helped somebody even get the set to begin with.

That said, thank you again for all those that have supported this set! We're less than a week out and I couldn't be more pleased.

See you on the other side!

-Neph

Offline dimo

Wonder how this would look in a yellow case

i’ve been planning this for a yellow case ;]

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Next week!

Offline ShadeDream

Yeah it's not a HUGE issue, but it'd be nice to see in more sets. And it's Esc/Del/PgUp/PgDn ;)

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends

As Mike mentioned above, one of the biggest factors in the pricing of the base kit was splitting the novelties, as well as keeping keycap quantity in check. While i would have loved to cover everyones layouts, the hard decisions come down to a balance of common layouts and realistic need.

This is a great example that i wanted to call out, primarily because it exemplifies how i arrived at most of my decisions. What should be covered, and how can it be done efficiently. This does leave a few users with maybe not their ideal caps, but novelties can always be used in a pinch, and it benefits the whole by not bloating the kits.

This keyset also had a unique problem as well.. Every extra modifier key added to the base, HAD to be added to the midnight kit for identical coverage. Adding one, is really adding two. Further pushing costs into a realm i felt like became unapproachable for people.

In the end everyone has different opinions on kitting, and it will always benefit some while punishing others. Huge kits are the cheapest per cap, but force you to pay for a majority of caps you might not use. Splitting the kits like some recently is high $/cap and keeps it cheaper overall for those that need less, but severely deters those who need extended coverage. My personal opinion is more in the middle. I've done my best to keep the kits low and simple, while breaking where i felt it made sense and wouldn't be a major deterrent for those wanting a little extra.

So for all those that might be missing a cap or two from your ideal layout, take solace in the fact that its absence likely helped somebody even get the set to begin with.

That said, thank you again for all those that have supported this set! We're less than a week out and I couldn't be more pleased.

See you on the other side!

-Neph

Eloquently put.

Speaking of which, any info on the artisans collab yet?

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline dantambok

everything is happening so fast! Skiidata, metropolis then nines. RIP wallets  :p
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.

Offline jinhan108

And GMK Striker, GMK Wavez as well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Any news on the KF artisans? I really like Metropolis and really like KF :3

Offline mimalik

RIP wallets

The motto of the hobby.

Even a bigger hole for those not living in USA with exchange rates, shipping and duties/taxes.

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
RIP wallets

The motto of the hobby.

Even a bigger hole for those not living in USA with exchange rates, shipping and duties/taxes.

Even if I did have to deal with exchange rates, higher shipping costs, and duties/taxes, it would still be my least expensive hobby...

Offline sevenseacat

Story of my life.

"Oh! Nice GMK set in a GB for like $130!"
"...wait, that's USD, so it's like $180ish AUD..."
"...wait, then add 10% GST for Australian imports..."
"...wait, then add $15ish for shipping..."
"....bah"

Offline rowie

Story of my  :p
"Oh! Nice GMK set in a GB for like $130!"
"...wait, that's USD, so it's like $180ish AUD..."
"...wait, then add $15ish for shipping..."
"....bah"

A positive would be at least you are in RAMA territory.  :p I had to pay a bunch for my first M60-A and also the recent PBT Heavy Industry extras sold a couple of days ago. I have to say shipping from RAMA I’m pleased with so far since it should arrive tomorrow or by the weekend. Wonder if Metropolis will as well have RAMA caps.

Offline piit79

Imagine having to pay 21% VAT Plus another $10 for customs declaration services.

Remember, there's usually somebody worse off still

But sod it, YOLO. Can't wait!

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline mgsickler

3 more days!

A couple things I wanted to note real fast for everyone is that promo codes will not work for this GB (and all future GB's). We are pricing things as low as possible, so a promo code may actually cause us to lose money.

Second, the deskpad and keycap GB's will be on separate pages and require separate shipping. The deskpads will most likely be produced before the keycap set and ship out before hand.

Our pages are ready, and will go live at 12am on Monday - they will be on our main page once they go live. 

Offline b4d_tR1p

oooh yeah!

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/CC d-(--)>---x s:-(--)>--- a C++++(++++)>++ UBLC++++(+++)$>++ P++ L+++++(+++++)>+++++ E---(---)>--- W+++(+++)>+++ N+++ o++ K-- w O M++ !V- PS+++(+++)>+++ PE+++(+++)>+++ Y+++(+++)>+++ PGP++ t+ 5 X+ R tv- b++ DI++++ D+++ G++++ e+++ h- r++ y+++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline mgsickler

3 more hours for NovelKeys to go live with this! :)

Offline dantambok

MY BODY IS READY
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

100+ GMK sets

Offline nephlock

Offline Starius

Offline mta

My wallet is about to die.

It's gonna be great. XD

Offline Dark3ndSoulz

Any updates on the keyforge artisan that is being made for this set?

Offline nephlock

Any updates on the keyforge artisan that is being made for this set?

We are working on it currently, and will let everyone know as soon as it is finalized

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
ALL IN.

Offline nephlock

GB is LIVE! New thread is awaiting approval, so when that happens please communicate there. Thanks all!

Offline Starius

First time I've ordered a set before the GB thread was even out!

Offline dantambok

Waiting for ZF to put up the page  ;D
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

First time I've ordered a set before the GB thread was even out!

Same here, ordered everything but blocks. Very very excited for this one.

Offline rowie

Not sure if I can combine the matching Deskpad with the keycaps at Novelkeys. I get a pop up window that says consider revising... Hope I can get these all in one order. Well, at least there is still plenty of time.

Offline clik_clak

Not sure if I can combine the matching Deskpad with the keycaps at Novelkeys. I get a pop up window that says consider revising... Hope I can get these all in one order. Well, at least there is still plenty of time.

You can’t, they’ve already said that. They will ship at completely different times.

Offline rowie

You can’t, they’ve already said that. They will ship at completely different times.

Thanks! I’m just a casual lurker. Makes sense now why I have to pay shipping twice.

Offline prototype26

Render base color is really off with the real thing. It's far brighter than what is shown on the color comparison pics. I guess it's safe to assume it will come off as 98% black.

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
Render base color is really off with the real thing. It's far brighter than what is shown on the color comparison pics. I guess it's safe to assume it will come off as 98% black.
My worry as well, since the base color sample in the imgur album looks almost black.

Iirc Nephlock has mentioned that he would ensure the colors stay true to the renders though.

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline prototype26

My worry as well, since the base color sample in the imgur album looks almost black.

Iirc Nephlock has mentioned that he would ensure the colors stay true to the renders though.

Hopefully that's the case, because as it is now I'm not too keen on it being really close to black unless you scrutinize it, then you can tell the difference (barely). Also I haven't been up to date with this thread, is there any news about price drops for reaching certain MOQ?

Offline spkmic

Are proxy participants also eligible to participate in KeyForge?

Offline mgsickler

As we wait for the GB page to go live, just wanted to give a quick update.

We have already surpassed what Bento did on the first day on our site. This is an excellent start!

Offline dantambok

ordered!
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline heliar_mk

Ordered of all kits

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline iaman

As we wait for the GB page to go live, just wanted to give a quick update.

We have already surpassed what Bento did on the first day on our site. This is an excellent start!
Happy to have helped :D