Author Topic: [GB] Campine mk. I X Boardwalk barebones keyboard kit  (Read 2940 times)

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
[GB] Campine mk. I X Boardwalk barebones keyboard kit
« on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 10:58:18 »
This is a group buy for stainless steel plates and bent steel cases compatible with Panc60 and Boardwalk PCBs.

Store page

The Boardwalk is a 60% ortholinear keyboard, designed around Ergodox keycap sets and to fit into many standard 60% cases. The project was inspired by OLKB’s Atomic keyboard, which used larger 2u mods, but u/shensmobile  decided to switch to 1.5u keys so that Ergodox sets would provide excellent compatibility. The rest of the board can be covered using standard key sizes from 60% sets. The kit will come unassembled, and you will be able to build it with your own switches. Hardware to assemble the board will be included.

The kits start at $90 for a Panc60 and $110 for the Boardwalk. A typical off-the-shelf 60% case is a tray-mount (the PCB screws down into the case). This will be for traymount cases and plates. For key coverage, Ergodox + Alphas is enough for the split hands layout. If you want to cover the arrow-cluster layout, you will need the 60% kit as well (for the 1.25u bottom row). If you want 7u spacebar, you will need the Tsangan kit. Standard sets (like Tai Hao sets) will not cover the board as they do not have enough 1.5u modifiers, even with the wrong legends. You need a kit that has Ergodox support.

Bent steel cases are cut from a single sheet and, using brakes, bent to take a rectangular shape to hold the PCB within, and the plate on top.

If you elect for cone feet, they will be powdercoated to match your color choice.

Color treatment will take place via powdercoating, with several different options available.

Boardwalk Layouts

Panc60 Layouts

ONTO THE GIVEAWAY!
This is going to be for a Boardwalk kit including cone feet and stabilizers. The contest is open to anyone who wants to enter!

Instructions:
  • Go to my instagram giveaway post
  • Follow my instagram account
  • Comment on the instagram post with your favorite Summer Memories song
  • Reminisce about good times in the past
That's it! Very easy.

Groupbuy will run from 4/29 until 5/14.

Prospective shipping date is Q3 2021

Once entered for the group buy, refunds are not possible.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 April 2021, 13:14:47 by AlexAtPanc »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] Campine mk. I X Boardwalk barebones keyboard kit
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 13:01:48 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 13:53:06 »
Is there an option with the cases for HHKB-style blockers?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 06:21:40 »
Is there an option with the cases for HHKB-style blockers?

There isn't unfortunately, I haven't really conceived of a way to achieve that look elegantly with lo-pro bent steel cases.