Author Topic: Cherry vintage beige/white 101 us ansi Kit  (Read 82516 times)

Offline kidchunks

Cherry vintage beige/white 101 us ansi Kit
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 06:53:30 »
Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;290635
Cherry key seems unlikely since nobody has managed to get Cherry corp's permission yet. Also i think people want to save on costs and just get the core kit foremost. But we will do a vote and see later.

Still wondering if we need their permission if the logo is just a different designed cherry. If we need permission for any of our logo designs then we can kiss the cap good bye because I'm sure there would be a big fee associated with it.

If everything goes as planned, I'll end up creating a separate group buy for the cherry key cap as I don't want to clash that with whats current on this one :tongue:.

As far as kits, think the most important are the core kit and extra (right shift keys).
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 07:49:30 »

Moogle........beige/white + 3 led windowed keys
Moogle........beige/white
calavera......beige/white
calavera......beige/white
Lootbag.......beige/white
nathanscribe..beige/white [1]
keyboardlover.beige/white + 1 x windowed led key (grey)
keyboardlover.beige/white
Soarer........beige/white
Soarer........beige/white
Citna.........beige/white
kidchunks.....beige/white + 1 x right shift key
kidchunks.....beige/white
Minskleip.....beige/white
calavera......black with white fonts (with right shift)
calavera......black with white fonts (with right shift)
Soarer........black with white fonts
Soarer........black with white fonts
manfaux.......black with white fonts
kidchunks.....black with white fonts. +1 right shift keys

[1] nathanscribe:(1x blank 1.25 modifier, 2x 1.25 command, 3x function-row "volume up/down/mute" or just blank)

14 black on beige/white
 6 white on black

The black on beige/white looks good, just the white on black version needs a bit more support.

I would much appreciate if you could come forward with the layout, becuase I wuld like to ask SP for a price quote on that on Monday to get it included with Round 3.

I strongly recommed to put everything in one kit (ie 2 kits, white/beige and black). No extras, except for blanks or these function-row caps with LED-windows in them.

edit: I think I will call these MOOGLEWHITE and MOOGLEBLACK to vote for in round 3.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 February 2011, 07:51:58 by 7bit »
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 08:43:23 »
Quote from: 7bit;290685

I strongly recommed to put everything in one kit (ie 2 kits, white/beige and black). No extras, except for blanks or these function-row caps with LED-windows in them.

Agreed, would be great to see the right shift key added to the core kits for those who haven't order sixtys 101 key set and found other donor boards (my7000).
Topre || BS > *

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 08:45:07 »
How much more support does white on black need? Does it need to be 50/50? 60/40? 70/30?

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 09:20:31 »
Ok this was what i voted for to 7bit.

2 sets of White/beige

Core kit:
1. 2 x alt, 2 x control, 2 x windows, spacebar, 1 x menu key, 1 x capslock centered stemmed to be compatible with Ducky etc; 1 x right shift key

2. 3 x led windowed keys for function row + 1 x capslock led windowed key

3. Basically the original ducky kit minus the *
Show Image

Taking 7bits advise, the full kit i prefer would be the core kit + original ducky kit (which had f1-f7 function keys with media symbols + 4 media keys top right + 3 windowed keys for function row + capslock window key) minus the * which isn't really needed.

The LED windowed keys and blanks will be optional. Hopefully 7bit can make a capslock led windowed key part of the option as well.

But if people don't really want to vote for the additional keys from the ducky kit then i'm ok with that since i know not everyone has a ducky keyboard. I'll still support the core kit, because at least i will get closer to my goal.

Anyways enough with what i voted i wanted; below is the official core kit specs and extra options based on 7bit's suggestions and the majority of what the voters want/need.

Core kit:
1. 2 x alt, 2 x control, 2 x windows, spacebar, 1 x menu key, 1 x capslock centered stemmed to be compatible with Ducky etc; 1 x right shift key; 2 x 1.25'' blank keys (basically a windows logo key substitute)

If anyone can help do the graphics for this layout that would be great, thanks.

PS: remember to click 7bit's link here and cast your vote.
http://geekhack.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=6886

Everyone please vote soon so we can be included into MO3. otherwise we will need to wait a long time before we can make the actual order.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 February 2011, 09:44:44 by Moogle Stiltzkin »
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

:bounce:

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

For my 2nd pc: Cherry G80-1095 HAU Revision 00 (Cherry Mx Black)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Free mechanical keyboard + other gear click here![/color]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 09:29:05 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;290699
How much more support does white on black need? Does it need to be 50/50? 60/40? 70/30?

No, both will be independent, because they are 2 different colors. I will ask for a price quote tomorrow.

Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;290711

Anyways enough with what i voted i wanted; below is the official core kit specs and extra options based on 7bit's suggestions and the majority of what the voters want/need.

You got me wrong, I did mean: put everything into every set, because these extras will be such a small batch that they will cost too much!

ps: I will add the votes you've got so far to the list, so you don't need to send a message.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 February 2011, 09:39:19 by 7bit »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 09:37:14 »
Just sent in my vote.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 09:40:32 »
Oh ok, then

2x 1.25'' blanks will by default be added into the core kit in that case. (for people that don't like the windows logo keys)

I'd like LED windowed keys but i don't think it's essential for the core kit. So that will have to be voted whether it should be added to core kit or not. preferably please vote for 3 led windowed keys and 1 capslock led windowed key since that is what will be needed for the ducky.

So everyone can optionally VOTE if they want to include the bottom following into the core kit

1. LED windowed keys
2. Ducky kit
3. other stuff mentioned in the first post in this thread e.g. command keys etc...

meaning that it will be part of the main set (core kit) and won't be optional choice to include/exclude when buying the core kit. It's all that or nothing :X So we will go by majority vote for these extras whether to add to the core kit or we drop them.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 February 2011, 09:55:16 by Moogle Stiltzkin »
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Offline lootbag

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:06:09 »
ok so those of us that are on the list do not need to send a vote to 7bit_vote right?
He said he added us in already?

also, beige/white and white-on-black are going to be two separate orders, we are definitely well short of 25 each aren't we?

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:09:39 »
I assume that MOOGLEWHITE has white keycaps with black letters.
What\'s in the back of my car? A cdr lol

Split Tipro keyboard with R3 keycaps

Offline lootbag

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:14:06 »
Quote from: Minskleip;290726

I'm pretty sure your correct!

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:14:32 »
Quote from: Minskleip;290726

Correct!

Thx for the pm moogle, my vote is now in! :biggrin:
2xMW and 1xMB
Topre || BS > *

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:15:27 »
Ok i made a rough picture layout. Please don't shoot me if it's fugly. I tried my best. If someone can do better please do so >:}

red ticks means it's confirmed and is the official core kit.

The ducky kit is separate into 3 parts. This is an optional vote whether you care to include into the core kit, otherwise it will be dropped. You can vote for the entire ducky kit or certain parts :X

1. blue: function row media keys with symbols
2. green: windowed led keys (blanks as in no letterings but has a led window in it)
3. brown: the top 4 media keys from the ducky dk-9008 keyboard

*update
the X which is * if you noticed for Sixty's DS set, this key looks different then the one in the picture for post 118 which i posted. You can vote if you want to add to core kit or not.

There are other optional parts that can be voted into the core kit, as was mentioned in the first post in this thread e.g. command keys, cherry corp logo key etc...

Quote from: lootbag;290725
ok so those of us that are on the list do not need to send a vote to 7bit_vote right?
He said he added us in already?

also, beige/white and white-on-black are going to be two separate orders, we are definitely well short of 25 each aren't we?

probably don't have to unless you want to add something else into the core kit, otherwise it will be dropped.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:32:40 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:22:49 »
Lol. I'm reminded of when I was first asked to create a software model at work like 5 years ago. I didn't have Visio installed and for some reason I chose to do it in MS Paint. My Tech Lead took one look and said "Yikes".

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:26:48 »
Some random pictures

http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/105138

Windowed LED keys won't look exactly like that :X But this is what i hope to do with authentic cherry led windowed keys for my Ducky dk-9008 if i get a chance :}

[/FONT]

Offline nathanscribe

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:41:14 »
Just a quick note: the bottom row Win keys are not 1.25 inches, they're 1,25 times the width of a single alphanumeric key (I think).  The 1.25 is a relative multiplier only.
Conquering the world with BASIC since 1982

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:43:22 »
Quote from: nathanscribe;290737
Just a quick note: the bottom row Win keys are not 1.25 inches, they're 1,25 times the width of a single alphanumeric key (I think).  The 1.25 is a relative multiplier only.

I stand corrected. Ok same size as what Nathan said :}

By the way has anyone else noticed the * key difference between sixty's set and this other keyboard

Which do you guys prefer ? Should we bother putting this * key into the core kit (that looks like the 2nd screenshot) ? or not :X
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:52:14 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline nathanscribe

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:48:18 »
:)

This has all become mindboggling.  My tiny brain is having trouble keeping up...

If I vote for MOOGLEWHITE do I get beige modifiers?  In other words, it's called WHITE because the bulk of the keys for that colour scheme would be white(ish).

Do I do this over at 7bit's thread?

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:52:53 »
Quote from: nathanscribe;290741
:)

This has all become mindboggling.  My tiny brain is having trouble keeping up...

If I vote for MOOGLEWHITE do I get beige modifiers?  In other words, it's called WHITE because the bulk of the keys for that colour scheme would be white(ish).

Do I do this over at 7bit's thread?

Yep. Send your vote to 7bit_vote in a pm.
What\'s in the back of my car? A cdr lol

Split Tipro keyboard with R3 keycaps

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:55:34 »
it's not going to be all white like this.

Cherry corp did make all white, albino double shots with black fonts, but thats not the one we are doing.

The white 7bit meant is white with beige same like this.

So the 2 blank 1.25 keys will be the same color to match the color scheme.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 February 2011, 10:59:23 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline nathanscribe

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 13:16:56 »
Excellent, that's all I needed to know.

I might need to buy another keyboard for these all these caps...

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 13:59:33 »
Quote from: nathanscribe;290816
Excellent, that's all I needed to know.

I might need to buy another keyboard for these all these caps...

Sorry for the confusion. Just chose simple names for these.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 16:19:45 »
MOOGLEWHITE................Quantity of people interested: 14 (Cherry vintage supplement kit) ($20/25 #25)
MOOGLEBLACK.................quantity of people interested: 6 (Cherry vintage supplement kit) ($20/25 #25)

By the way 7bit, for the spacebar, which specification spacebar do we get ? Like example, keyboardfan has a Cherry g80-3494; and i have a Ducky dk-9008. So will the spacebar option be a dual compatible ? or what :x

Leopold/Archiss of course is not an option.

[/FONT]

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 16:20:46 »
MOOGLEWHITE................Quantity of people interested: 14 (Cherry vintage supplement kit) ($20/25 #25)
MOOGLEBLACK.................quantity of people interested: 6 (Cherry vintage supplement kit) ($20/25 #25)

http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=267466&postcount=3

By the way 7bit, for the spacebar, which specification spacebar do we get ? Like example, keyboardfan has a Cherry g80-3494; and i have a Ducky dk-9008. So will there be a spacebar option be a dual compatible ? or what :x

[/FONT]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 16:43:05 »
Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;290904
By the way 7bit, for the spacebar, which specification spacebar do we get ? Like example, keyboardfan has a Cherry g80-3494; and i have a Ducky dk-9008. So will the spacebar option be a dual compatible ? or what :x

The space bar will fit both Ducky/Filco and modern Cherry G80-3000 and alike (including that special G80-3494 with Cherry reds).

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 17:00:52 »
Awesome >:D

So anyway, besides the core kit, did anything else managed to get voted to be added into it ?

e.g. the full ducky kit; or just led windowed keys; etc etc.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 February 2011, 17:04:25 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline calavera

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 17:19:27 »
for those in the list, we don't need to PM 7bit unless we want optional keys to go with the standard set, correct?

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 17:37:42 »
Quote from: calavera;290921
for those in the list, we don't need to PM 7bit unless we want optional keys to go with the standard set, correct?

Correct. I entered all of them manually.

Offline manfaux

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 06 February 2011, 19:19:59 »
casted my votes!

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 07 February 2011, 15:28:06 »
To clarify, not all sets I sold had that weird */X key. No need to add that into the set. I think I only sold two of them, and you happened to get one.

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 07 February 2011, 17:03:32 »
Anyway to recast my vote? I think there is a clear option for the vote bot. But I remember 7bit saying he entered these manually. Decided on 1 MOOGLEWHITE and 2 MOOGLEBLACK as my final vote.

Thanks!
Topre || BS > *

Offline steeef

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 07 February 2011, 17:23:06 »
Thinking about casting a vote for MOOGLEBLACK, but so far it's only at 6, and I'm not willing to pay much more than $20 for these, especially since I'm getting a few other sets at the same time.
Cherry MX Blue: Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless. Cherry MX Black: TG3 KBA-BLTD-5RBUVS (Police Cruiser keyboard). Cherry MX Clear: KBC Poker (modded with Ergo Clears) Cherry MX Brown: Goldtouch GTC-077 USB numpad. Buckling Spring: IBM Model M 1391401 (1989-01-03 and 1991-11-21).

Offline manfaux

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 11:01:59 »
wait, do I have to vote for MOOGLEBLACK to 7bit even though I'm already on the list?

Offline lootbag

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 11:23:10 »
Quote from: manfaux;291777
wait, do I have to vote for MOOGLEBLACK to 7bit even though I'm already on the list?

no you do not.
only send in a vote if you want to edit your order.
7bit already added the people who was on the list to the order.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 11:32:26 »
Quote from: steeef;291452
Thinking about casting a vote for MOOGLEBLACK, but so far it's only at 6, and I'm not willing to pay much more than $20 for these, especially since I'm getting a few other sets at the same time.

Funny, if everybody thinks that way, it will stuck at 6 or even less.

Vote for it and it will be 7 and mayby someone else jumps on as well ...

You can change your vote any time until you actually paid.

Quote from: lootbag;291792
no you do not.

right:
Code: [Select]

grep manfaux poll_data.val | grep MOOGLE
manfaux,MOOGLEBLACK,1
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 February 2011, 11:37:25 by 7bit »

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 11:35:36 »
no you do not.

right:
Code: [Select]

grep manfaux poll_data.val | grep MOOGLE
manfaux,MOOGLEBLACK,1

Offline manfaux

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 11:37:45 »
no you do not.

that's what i thought :) some posts above confused me, thanks for clearing it up.

Offline steeef

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 14:16:08 »
Quote from: 7bit;291794
Funny, if everybody thinks that way, it will stuck at 6 or even less.

Vote for it and it will be 7 and mayby someone else jumps on as well ...

You can change your vote any time until you actually paid.

Ok ok, fine. Vote cast.
Cherry MX Blue: Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless. Cherry MX Black: TG3 KBA-BLTD-5RBUVS (Police Cruiser keyboard). Cherry MX Clear: KBC Poker (modded with Ergo Clears) Cherry MX Brown: Goldtouch GTC-077 USB numpad. Buckling Spring: IBM Model M 1391401 (1989-01-03 and 1991-11-21).

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 14:38:51 »
Quote from: steeef;291889
Ok ok, fine. Vote cast.

See:

MOOGLEWHITE................15 (Cherry vintage supplement kit) ($20/25 #25)
MOOGLEBLACK.................9 (Cherry vintage supplement kit) ($20/25 #25)

:-)

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
Price list updated / LED-window keys
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 15:10:32 »

Moogle kit (Cherry vintage key supplement kit)
Moogle White/Beige .......... $28 / 15 (MOOGLEWHITE)
Moogle Black ................ $37 / 10 (MOOGLEBLACK)
LED-window key (white) ....... $4 / 25 (FUNCTLEDWHITE)
LED-window key (beige) ....... $4 / 25 (FUNCTLEDBEIGE)
LED-window key (black) ....... $4 / 25 (FUNCTLEDBLACK)
LED-window Caps (beige) ...... $6 / 15 (CAPSLEDBEIGE)
LED-window Caps (black) ...... $6 / 15 (CAPSLEDBLACK)

LED window keys will have a rectangular, upright window at the bottom of the top surface.
Cherry-style LED-windows can't be produced by SP for this key family.

Prices will be cheaper, if there are more orders!

Please send orders to 7bit_vote.

Sample:
MOOGLEWHITE 1
FUNCTLEDWHITE 3
FUNCTLEDBEIGE 2
CAPSLEDBEIGE 1
EMAIL email@youraddress.xxx

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 February 2011, 16:22:51 by 7bit »

Offline steeef

« Reply #140 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 16:14:28 »
Yikes. $37 for a few extra keys is a little steep. How do we get more people in on the order?

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 16:33:31 »
Any picture what the led windowed keys look like ?

Preferably we want 20 ish if possible for the kit. So please more people sign up :X

Anyway i am committed to 2 sets of Moogle White :x
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 February 2011, 16:46:36 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline 7bit_vote

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 16:48:30 »
Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;293045
Any picture what the led windowed keys look like ?

Preferably we want 20 ish if possible for the kit. So please more people sign up :X

Anyway i am committed to 2 sets of Moogle White :x

No picture:

For sure, the LED windows will look black when the LEDs are off.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 17:18:31 »
7bit, so it's confirmed that the Core kit is the following keys included?
2 x alt
2 x control
2 x windows logo keys
1 x spacebar
1 x menu key
1 x capslock (centered stemmed to be compatible with Ducky/Filco etc)
2 x blank 1.25'' keys (windows logo key alternative)
1 x Right shift (compatibility for some sets that came from 1800 series keyboards)

12 keys ?

Anyway, from my perspective, the 28 USD price tag for a set is like 2.3 USD per key.

[/FONT]

Offline lootbag

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 17:31:50 »
Oh so the core kit comes with Caps Lock too, just not windowed, right?
Who is going to order those LED-windowed keys?
Any votes yet?

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 17:37:38 »
For the core kit, the Caps Lock is not led windowed.

The windowed version for it is

(CAPSLEDBEIGE)
(CAPSLEDBLACK)

Unfortunately i won't be able to participate for the led windowed keys, since i'm sourcing from other donor boards already. The way i am doing it is hard to do, so not everyone will be able to do it my way. Anyway the option is here for others who need them :}
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 February 2011, 17:47:44 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline lootbag

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 17:48:44 »
Will the LED-windowed keys be ordered regardless of the # of orders?
Or will they be cancelled if there is not enough interest?

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 18:40:59 »
Well like all previous kits, lack of support = dropped.

But only 7bit can really say for sure.

[/FONT]

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 19:26:35 »
7bit, did sixty manage to get back to you regarding the colors.

[/FONT]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 03:02:05 »
Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;293070
7bit, so it's confirmed that the Core kit is the following keys included?
2 x alt
2 x control
2 x windows logo keys
1 x spacebar
1 x menu key
1 x capslock (centered stemmed to be compatible with Ducky/Filco etc)
2 x blank 1.25'' keys (windows logo key alternative)
1 x Right shift (compatibility for some sets that came from 1800 series keyboards)

12 keys ?

Anyway, from my perspective, the 28 USD price tag for a set is like 2.3 USD per key.

No, the kit contains more keys:
Caps Lock with off-center key stem for Cherry
2xCommand
Function keys: Calc, PC, Mail, Home and F1 to F12 partially with media symbols as on the Ducky keyboard.

31 keys in total.

If you want fewer keys, just tell me, but it will not be a good idea to try to make add-on kits. It is a mini-batch already!

I will post a layout scheme when I've got the time...