Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1950025 times)

Offline jacobolus

Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #2350 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 21:58:47 »
Can all the guys who want to repetitively complain here find some other thread for it?

The griping was cute for the first few posts, but now hearing the same 2-3 people just writing the same negative comment over and over again is getting pretty boring.

(Note, I’m not opposed to complaints in general: New people wanting to gripe would be fine, or new categories of complaints that we haven’t seen already.)
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 July 2014, 22:01:14 by jacobolus »

Offline vierax

« Reply #2351 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 23:05:40 »
Oh crap, I checked bags about missing keys a week ago. Now I put them on my boards and see some misalignments : I have to check nearly five hundred caps… a second time :(

BTW this set is really nice, a bit disappointed about the blue sun logo (a bit light comparing to black legends) but it's not a dealbreaker. Cyrillic set is great, the numrow is a bit odd with the two sized legends (cyrillic one are a bit smaller than those from the base set) but, again, it's not very important to me.
No cool pics to show, I tried but I have to stop using Automatic mode and start learning how to take nice macro pictures. :/

Offline tbc

« Reply #2352 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 23:13:13 »
Can all the guys who want to repetitively complain here find some other thread for it?

The griping was cute for the first few posts, but now hearing the same 2-3 people just writing the same negative comment over and over again is getting pretty boring.

(Note, I’m not opposed to complaints in general: New people wanting to gripe would be fine, or new categories of complaints that we haven’t seen already.)

this is geekhack...we are literally as close to keyboard warriors as it gets.

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2353 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 23:25:43 »

this is geekhack...we are literally as close to keyboard warriors as it gets.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2354 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 23:30:26 »
I promised myself that I would stop buying keycaps at some stage, but an actual SA set that looks halfway decent would be bought in an instant.
better camp out the Penumbra GB thread / [CTRL]ALT.io then, that set is stunning from everything I've seen (soon I will have pretties of my own!) - Bunny has said there will be a few extras for sale once all the current orders ship.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #2355 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 23:34:25 »
OH yes... I am camping out that thread ;)

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #2356 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 03:17:09 »
I suppose no one else that ordered an international kit (blue legends UK, DE Etc) along with an Iso enter key has heard anything yet either. I haven't seen any pictures here or have heard anything from anyone else yet.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #2357 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 03:55:08 »
I suppose no one else that ordered an international kit (blue legends UK, DE Etc) along with an Iso enter key has heard anything yet either. I haven't seen any pictures here or have heard anything from anyone else yet.

That's what Melissa mailed me, though I ordered neither an ISO enter or intl kit: "The ISO return keys are being produced this week so those that ordered this kit should be receiving shipping notifications soon."

I will speak with Melissa. The QC is not splendid, I'm not sure I want to run a round 2.

I'd wait to see if they get the 1x keycaps fixed as promised.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 03:57:16 by Mooby »

Offline jlor

« Reply #2358 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 04:07:55 »

I ordered Intl (NO,SE,DK,etc.) and ISO enter with text. Shipped July 10, 2014 at 16:17:00 and the last update is INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY from July 13, 2014 at 04:29:00... Not that I'm checking several times a day or anything.

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #2359 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 05:20:52 »
Well, I got my set a week ago with ISO enter blank and the int kit, but I've yet to get my hands on it, it's being re-shipped to me, should got it later today I think.
I think only the iso enter with dyesub on them were delayed.
Filco MJ2, Browns, Skull Squadron Ducky Shine III, Browns, Granite Unknown, White Alps & trackpad 1390132 & 1391402 Model M

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2360 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 06:25:12 »
I promised myself that I would stop buying keycaps at some stage, but an actual SA set that looks halfway decent would be bought in an instant.
better camp out the Penumbra GB thread / [CTRL]ALT.io then, that set is stunning from everything I've seen (soon I will have pretties of my own!) - Bunny has said there will be a few extras for sale once all the current orders ship.

Is this the proper place / thread to advertise other GB?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2361 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 06:30:52 »
I will speak with Melissa. The QC is not splendid, I'm not sure I want to run a round 2.

The main point is how they handle this learning process. It is understandable they were been challenged with new issues when producing the first PBT set with sublimated legends, but they should be accountable for the problems, and each one and all of them. If the GH community supported this first run, we are entitled at least to know the improvement plan details.

Offline jdeblese

« Reply #2362 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 06:48:03 »

I got my international set last Saturday. Don't have a keyboard for them yet, but I can snap a photo of just the set if you're interested.

They forgot my ISO enters, however.

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #2363 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 07:42:22 »

I got my international set last Saturday. Don't have a keyboard for them yet, but I can snap a photo of just the set if you're interested.

They forgot my ISO enters, however.
Nah, don't bother, I prefere to have a surprise.
Hope they didn't forget my ISO enter tho...
Filco MJ2, Browns, Skull Squadron Ducky Shine III, Browns, Granite Unknown, White Alps & trackpad 1390132 & 1391402 Model M

Offline osi

« Reply #2364 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 08:22:44 »
My kit wasn't perfect but I'm still tickled pink with it. Here are some more pRotatos :d

70931-0 70933-1

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2365 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:17:57 »
My kit wasn't perfect but I'm still tickled pink with it. Here are some more pRotatos :d

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

not perfect but it looks pretty darn good. i can only see a tiny spec on the 3.

Offline osi

« Reply #2366 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:21:06 »

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

not perfect but it looks pretty darn good. i can only see a tiny spec on the 3.

Ahhh good eye. That's actually a little dust spec. My camera sucks though (bbq10) :D

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #2367 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 13:21:57 »
Yayyy got my set !
Pros :
- In french
- Excellent design, thanks Matt3o
- Dual colored legends for int (I wasn't sure I was really on board with this one, but it's gorgeous !)
- No misaligned legends
- no misaligned rows or something like that
- no keys "too hard to press down" (or maybe 100% of them are and I'm not halfway  :)) )

Cons :
- some gaps due to deformed keys, welp can't be helped I guess, anyway I'm not looking from straight up at my keyboard so it doesn't really matter
- the colored keys from lost & founds let the light shine a lot through them, not a problem for me because the leds are off except when I press them, but could bother some people.

Cons (matter of opinion):
- I would have prefered this set done in DS ABS like the skull squadron, feels more precise (the legend as well as the shape of the keys).

Anyhow thanks a lot for this GB Matt3o and SP, I'm quite satisfied !

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2368 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:55:17 »
xpost

never posted a picture before of my set

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2369 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 17:03:36 »
you never had granite before :)

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #2370 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 17:21:18 »
Glod: that looks amazing!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 23:05:39 by jacobolus »

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #2371 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 21:38:15 »
A little sad about the warping/alignment but I don't think it hit me too terribly. It's still a cool set.

Pretty awesome that with the right kits (pro mods/lost and found/Cyrillic were key), I didn't have to buy more than one of any kit, and can do a full board plus a 40.

Offline janvkn

« Reply #2372 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 03:54:55 »
Cons (matter of opinion):
- I would have prefered this set done in DS ABS like the skull squadron, feels more precise (the legend as well as the shape of the keys).

I have two DSA ABS sets (Skull Squadron and Dolch), they're great and all, but PBT feels infinitely better to type on and that matters more to me than the slight warping of the keys.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #2373 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:41:25 »
Does someone have the problem of shiny keys? It's not that ABS kind of shine, more like a small layer of some transparent coating. I have this on the right half of my tab key.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2374 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 06:50:56 »
Does someone have the problem of shiny keys? It's not that ABS kind of shine, more like a small layer of some transparent coating. I have this on the right half of my tab key.

Picture? I don't think I do.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #2375 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 06:56:39 »

Picture? I don't think I do.

I will make one when I get home. I hope my crappy phone camera gets it done.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #2376 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 09:01:14 »

Photo isn't very good, but maybe gets you the idea. I think that glossy effect comes from the different textures of the keys. Compare tab to shiftlock.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 July 2014, 09:03:13 by Mooby »

Offline mougrim

« Reply #2377 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 03:22:43 »
Got my Granite. At last. Well. I'm not a perfectionist, so it's awesome for me :)

Sorry about potato pics ^)
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 July 2014, 08:29:13 by mougrim »
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #2378 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:35:01 »
Matt3o, I think I know where you got your inspiration for the color scheme...

(for the americans out there, that's the colors of the PAL version of the SNES pad)

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2379 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:39:26 »
rgby is pretty common :P

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #2380 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 13:42:57 »
rgby is pretty common :P

;) yeah I know it's a coincidence, but rgby + 2 shades of grey, gotta love it.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #2381 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 13:46:49 »
I would have loved to see yellow and orange icon mods. Maybe we'll see this in round 2. Or some kind of unicorn-vomit-addon-set.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2382 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 14:21:15 »
Matt3o, I think I know where you got your inspiration for the color scheme...

Show Image

(for the americans out there, that's the colors of the PAL version of the SNES pad)

OMG! :eek:

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #2383 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:29:48 »
Do note that red, yellow, green, and blue are the four “unique hues” which anchor human color perception. All other hues can be described as a combination of two of those (for instance orange is yellow–red, or purple is red–blue). You might call RYGB the “primary colors” of human color vision, as compared to the primary colors of some particular medium like RGB {orangish red, yellowish green, reddish blue} for computer displays or CMYK {greenish blue, bluish red, yellow, black} for printers.

One of the first couple stages of neural processing of color, which happens directly in the retina, is a compression/interpretation of 3 cone cell responses into 3 “opponent” color signals: blue–yellow, red–green, and white–black.

As a result, there’s plenty of artwork dominated by red/yellow/green/blue dating back thousands of years.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:31:24 by jacobolus »

Offline H4g3N

« Reply #2384 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:36:37 »
Does anyone know if USPS hands off the parcel package to another delivery company in Europe? According to Stamps, my package has been in LA, CA since July the 14th.

Offline jdeblese

« Reply #2385 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:45:56 »
Does anyone know if USPS hands off the parcel package to another delivery company in Europe? According to Stamps, my package has been in LA, CA since July the 14th.

That's been my experience with international shipments in the past. Have you tried searching on your local postal service with the USPS tracking number?

Offline H4g3N

« Reply #2386 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:54:20 »
Yeah, I've tried that, but no dice.

Anyone from Norway know what delivery company is used in Europe/Norway?

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #2387 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:54:23 »

That's been my experience with international shipments in the past. Have you tried searching on your local postal service with the USPS tracking number?

My Granite package to Europe has been in LA for 6 days. It took another 2 weeks after customs clearance before it finally arrived.

Offline H4g3N

« Reply #2388 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 17:00:05 »
My Granite package to Europe has been in LA for 6 days. It took another 2 weeks after customs clearance before it finally arrived.

Wow. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up then, I guess!
At least Norwegian customs have gotten a lot faster in the last years. So there's that.

Offline jlor

« Reply #2389 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 17:40:15 »

Wow. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up then, I guess!
At least Norwegian customs have gotten a lot faster in the last years. So there's that.

Mine was stuck in LA from 13-7 to 17-7.. It's now in Denmark. Been handed over to Post Danmark and i can track it further on their track and trace system.

Offline H4g3N

« Reply #2390 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 17:53:30 »
Mine was stuck in LA from 13-7 to 17-7.. It's now in Denmark. Been handed over to Post Danmark and i can track it further on their track and trace system.

Thanks for the info!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2391 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 01:18:24 »
At least you guys know where your package is supposed to be!

I don't even have a shipping notice :p

Offline mougrim

« Reply #2392 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 02:09:50 »

According to tracking info my package was in LA until it was delivered yesterday :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline jlor

« Reply #2393 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 04:44:37 »

Ugh, I would not be able to do that.. Maybe if you contact Melissa she can help you out. They must have the shipping number on file.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2394 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 06:59:51 »

Ugh, I would not be able to do that.. Maybe if you contact Melissa she can help you out. They must have the shipping number on file.

I don't even know whether all orders have been sent out yet.

I had a rather large one containing the international set which was produced last afaik, so I am not worried yet :)

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #2395 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 15:19:41 »
Got mine today, Austrian customs gladly didn't care but I haven't put them on my KB yet.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline jlor

« Reply #2396 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 16:06:15 »

Thanks for the info!

At 6:33 am it was in my town ready to be delivered, at around 10am it was at my door. Sadly, I decided to sleep in, so I didn't answer the door... And now it's at the post office, ready for me to pick up tomorrow. I calculated taxes to be around 80dkr ~= 10€, but I think it may have sneaked its way past taxation :-)

I will post pictures of unboxing and keyboard fitting tomorrow. I want to do something slightly different than everyone I've seen so far on my 60% :)

Offline mougrim

« Reply #2397 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 02:59:14 »
Typing on my Poker II with Granite set right now. And I understood that I really like DSA key profile. It feels marvelous under my fingers and I like low-profile keys. So thank you, Matt3o, for a good job!

P.S. Hope you'll go for a GB with SA profile and Cyrillic set someday.

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #2398 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 03:15:09 »
300 peoples wait for next GB on massdrop https://www.massdrop.com/vote/signature-plastics-dsa-pbt-sets :)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2399 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 03:18:37 »
300 peoples wait for next GB on massdrop https://www.massdrop.com/vote/signature-plastics-dsa-pbt-sets :)

if Massdrop contacts me, we can find an arrangement :P