Author Topic: how can i give kinesis advantage space cadet modifiers  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Digit

• today, a keyboard. tmro, a spaceship.
how can i give kinesis advantage space cadet modifiers
« on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 09:55:27 »
i'm thinking i'd like to bind hyper super meta to my kinesis advantage's left thumb cluster...

... just no real idea how to go about that, even with the kinesis's kebind capability.  maybe i need to look into its programming capability, but still no clue how to go about that yet.

maybe i just need to think about it more, n it will come to me, or maybe i just dont know emacs well enough to ... erm... to whatever i might need to do to.. um... get those keybinds on my er ~ arg~   see, my thinking gets knotted here n lost in how to even word it...

*slaps self*

right, so i'll just post this notion/query here as is, n come back to it later, hopefully with a better handle on it, and maybe even with some kind soul having replied with some pointers.

it's seeing the space cadet in
the talk that inspired my interest in keyboards, that makes me want this, as an emacs user who doesnt want to keep doing superfluous legacy workaround finger yoga keybinds dance routines.

(sry if this was wrong forum section... looked for more appropriate, but am a bit rushed, posting, eep.)
if ignorance is bliss, give me agony.
~~~~~~~ let there be hemp ~~~~~~~
spaceships for everyone.  solves all.

Offline Digit

Offline Digit

Re: how can i give kinesis advantage space cadet modifiers
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 22:46:34 »
https://web.archive.org/web/20150912011444/http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/KinesisKeyboard
came looking for clues, desperate for hyper n super keybinds to unhinder my emacs use n re-configurations, but found emacswiki down.

anyhoo, i came back to this thread, yes, to look at that^, but, also, because it occurred to me... there's not only the remap button (modified f12), but also the program button at the far top right.   ... 

program button hrmm... let the fun begin.

*goes off to find out what he's doing, leaving this reminder for himself, should he find himself still lacking hyper n super modifier some time in the future*

~~~ well, that hasnt gone well.
now i've broken past keybinds, n it's all messed up.    ... and i still dont have hyper or super. 
outputting a .xmodmap, n maybe i can hack it up to work.
should never have clicked restore default map.   bad things indeed have happened.  i thought i had that model.
... at this stage, i think best thing to do would be to reset both software and keyboard remappings to default.   :S  i seem to have caused my keyboard to traverse the atlantic.  # <- that should have been a GBP money symbol.  @ shoulda been " and vice versa.  | is now where my squiggly line used to be, and \ should be #, and dont get me started on the bottom rows, let alone my modifiers.   nightmare.

~~~~ edit2
oh yes, damn, now i see, it does say US.   ugh.  warning to self n all others, dont try this stuff like meddling with xkeycaps when you're stressed, sleepy and impatient.   i clearly should have seen that, i was even given a big warning.  if i were more awake, i would have caught that, US/UK ... xkeycaps doesnt even have a UK one listed.  if i were more awake, i would have realised that mattered, because of course that matters.  20/20 hindsight. 

well... i'll have to see what's involved in cleaning up this mess in the morning... er... it's 6am already.    and an important appointment in early afternoon.   o_O  ...
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 23:53:40 by Digit »