Author Topic: [IC] "Hello" M0110 60% reboot - GB Date 10th June  (Read 32500 times)

Offline Olivierko

Re: [IC] "Hello" M0110 60% reboot - inspired by Apple 0110
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 07:14:08 »
I joined for the Drop run and I'm very pleased with the board overall, the packaging was poor but I had no issues with my product.

However the price point being $100+ above the Drop run feels a bit off.

Would be nice if the compatibility was kept with the daughter boards that Evelien-Lillian (anykeys.eu) designed so that one could use plain-60 with this board as well.

Offline Slice

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 09:52:34 »
I've also joined the Drop run of this board. Still one of my favorite designs so far. If I didn't already own the board, I'd join this GB in a heartbeat!

Good Luck!

Offline newtonapple

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 02:51:22 »
So, I joined the Drop GB.  There were a few of problems that I ran into:

• the plate didn't actually support split space bar layouts.
  • QMK firmware was not merged into the mainline.  It was just in some random Google Drive buried in the Drop comment thread...  I actually had to spent a lot of time porting the firmware back into QMK's main repo: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/11050.  But still, VIA support is not in there since I don't know much about VIA and left it out of the port.  I also skipped the split space bar layouts since the plate actually doesn't support them.  There is also an active fix waiting to be merged: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/11685#pullrequestreview-579728709.  I think you guys really shouldn't overlook details like the QMK firmware and be more active working within the QMK main repo.
  • The PCB design is also a bit sketchy as I broke connector strip for the daughter board and had to order some from ebay...
  • The case is quite pingy and could definitely use some foams (both plate & case).

Overall, I actually love the look of the board a lot.  I was lucky enough to not have my case scratched.  Good luck with the new GB.  I hope you guys could fix some of the problems I pointed out.

Offline Rx003

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 03:27:40 »
Hi!!!!

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 06:00:08 »
Can we please get Alps support and Apple key cap support?
"60% Universal Layout PCB"

I know this is top mount, but do you think is there any chance one could adapt it to use other 60% universal layout PCBs instead? I ask from the point of view of someone who would love to be able to use Alps switches in this case if at all possible (and I don't assume this kit's included PCB would support that).
+1 for Alps support and option for no badge.

alps support?

I have personally thought about ALPS support, tho 3rd party PCB could be a good alternative option and since plate file is open source that can be altered to support Alps switches.

The reason not to officially support Alps is that since FanC and I never designed PCB for this type of switches means there is a good chance more thing will go wrong and pushing GB date wayyyy back

For everyone asking for Alps support, you can literally modify the plate file and throw a Hineybush H60 PCB in it. That's what I did with the Hello v1 from Drop.

Hiney H60 has MX/Alps support, along with a JST connector. If anyone needs help with a plate file, let me know when the v2 file becomes available.

Offline well_cooper

• Turn metal in to typing machine
    • Thocc Supply
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 20:55:30 »
So, I joined the Drop GB.  There were a few of problems that I ran into:

• the plate didn't actually support split space bar layouts.
  • QMK firmware was not merged into the mainline.  It was just in some random Google Drive buried in the Drop comment thread...  I actually had to spent a lot of time porting the firmware back into QMK's main repo: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/11050.  But still, VIA support is not in there since I don't know much about VIA and left it out of the port.  I also skipped the split space bar layouts since the plate actually doesn't support them.  There is also an active fix waiting to be merged: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/11685#pullrequestreview-579728709.  I think you guys really shouldn't overlook details like the QMK firmware and be more active working within the QMK main repo.
  • The PCB design is also a bit sketchy as I broke connector strip for the daughter board and had to order some from ebay...
  • The case is quite pingy and could definitely use some foams (both plate & case).

Overall, I actually love the look of the board a lot.  I was lucky enough to not have my case scratched.  Good luck with the new GB.  I hope you guys could fix some of the problems I pointed out.
wow, what a mess that been left to us. we try to pick up the pieces that were left unattended by ryloo and Drop. Not a coder myself but I'll try to look into github repo issues, thank you for bringing it up

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 04:59:19 »
New Update!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111216.msg3014001#msg3014001

TL;DR things are coming together

Offline TjarleN

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 05:06:13 »
1. Beige colour is undergoing testing, more likely to be Electric static coated Beige (smooth matt finish)

2. Properly shaped gasket kit is on order

3. Removed Left, Right, and Spacebar mounting point on the plate due to popular demand

4. New plate will also add in split Spacebar support (Drop's run didn't support split Spacebar)

3. PCB is getting revised completely, mainly to support JST connector cable and outright supporting the latest Unified-Daughterboard design published by ai03. Will also add-in anti-static measure to the main PCB as well.

Nice update, I am glad you removed the plate mounting points.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 12:40:50 »
Nice progress and I am very interested in this board now.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Kacperoni

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 13:50:25 »
Can't wait. Looks amazing!

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply

Offline kidpid

Why are rows 3-5 so much more squished together?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder

Pretty sure those keycaps aren't mounted, but just sitting on the plate

Offline Merked

If you're keeping the badge are there any options for a custom design request of the badge? Or release of the badge dimensions so I can commission someone for one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Friendship

is it just me or is the beige prototype a bit greenish or is that just the lighting/background tricking me? Board looks very pretty though and I am definitely interested!
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 April 2021, 15:37:42 by Friendship »
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply

Pretty sure those keycaps aren't mounted, but just sitting on the plate

Yeah, those keys with stabs aren't mounted but placed on the plate, so it looks more crampted

Offline GSPADE

• THOK® thok.design
    • THOK®
Can't wait for this :) I have the first release and loving it. We're actually making 7u brass spacebar and enter key that will suit this board

Offline krey

Sounds interesting. Avoids the original m0110 issues I had.

Will keep a lookout.
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply

Offline beekey

Re: [IC] "Hello" M0110 60% reboot - GB Date 5th June
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 11:48:51 »
Will there be an option for HHKB layout without a badge?

Offline Havattack

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 13:59:02 »
From what I read on the discord, there will be NO badges available.

Any more deets on the GB? Are the number of units capped at anything? Where it will be sold?

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 05:56:39 »
From what I read on the discord, there will be NO badges available.

Any more deets on the GB? Are the number of units capped at anything? Where it will be sold?

That is correct, no badge will be on the HHKB version.

GB will be going through my site Thocc.Supply and time frame will be 4 weeks. A soft cap will be around 250 units to keep production in reasonalbe time frames.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 June 2021, 06:23:04 by well_cooper »

Offline rockydbull

Re: [IC] "Hello" M0110 60% reboot - GB Date 10th June
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 08:47:55 »
So final beige color will be powder coated and not e coated?

Offline steebs

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 08:54:41 »
split spaaaceeeeeee, gimme

Offline 0hh.Hello

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 02:33:58 »
This is gorgeous, and I have a certain attachment to the word "hello" so I am very tempted. Bummed there will be no badge though, I quite liked it. Got some pondering to do with my wallet...

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 03:21:51 »

Yes, that's right

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 03:23:07 »
This is gorgeous, and I have a certain attachment to the word "hello" so I am very tempted. Bummed there will be no badge though, I quite liked it. Got some pondering to do with my wallet...

put a metal sticker on it ;)

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 16:44:36 »

Yes, that's right

Thats awesome. Now I just need to find what to do with my drop e-white one so I can grab this beige case. Speaking of the drop case will the usb daughterboard of this run be compatible with that case (like screw placement the same?)

Offline Havattack

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 13:02:24 »

Yes, that's right

Thats awesome. Now I just need to find what to do with my drop e-white one so I can grab this beige case. Speaking of the drop case will the usb daughterboard of this run be compatible with that case (like screw placement the same?)
PM ahoy!