Author Topic: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)  (Read 194105 times)

Offline Hell-es

Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)
« Reply #450 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 08:51:08 »
Second the question on color - was lucky to get jap mods and alphas on kbdfans after gb was over (maybe order cancelation) but would like to get num pad and alphas too

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #451 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 19:47:29 »
Will the alignment issues be fixed on the japanese mod kit?

I also am wondering about the 'wait list' that kbdfans uses, does that mean they get priority in buying? Because it's a group buy I don't see the point.

Offline rozc

« Reply #452 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 10:50:26 »
will there be any difference between r1 and r2?

Offline cmanon

« Reply #453 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:04:39 »
It seems like the black enter and black arrows are gone, at least on the kit images that appear on KBDFans.

Offline rozc

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 12:03:41 »
It seems like the black enter and black arrows are gone, at least on the kit images that appear on KBDFans.
damn,it's not a good news for me

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #455 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:16:11 »
Yes, they’ve confirmed there will be no black Enter anymore.

I guess I’ll pass on this to run, then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #456 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 10:07:50 »
Damn why? Happy I got in on r1 but makes no sense. They also changed the caps lock on icon mod which imo is worse.

Offline heartbreak

« Reply #457 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 13:27:13 »
The change was unnecessary it was perfect the way it was. I’ll pass.

Offline eriatilox

« Reply #458 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 13:42:50 »
I assumed it's because the issue with reversed dye-sub from the last round that caused delays and shrink caps that they want to avoid them this time.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #459 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 13:59:18 »
To get it that dark in r1, the keys needed to be dyesubbed twice but this made them warp and shrink more than they usually would so epbt don't want to make them anymore.

Offline heartbreak

« Reply #460 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 14:00:08 »
To get it that dark in r1, the keys needed to be dyesubbed twice but this made them warp and shrink more than they usually would so epbt don't want to make them anymore.
I see

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #461 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 23:22:51 »
Hi gok, would you consider doing a black Rama enter key in addition to escape? That would allow people who want a black enter key to match the set.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #462 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 01:08:17 »
Hi gok, would you consider doing a black Rama enter key in addition to escape? That would allow people who want a black enter key to match the set.
I would have looked into doing this for 3000SAT but that could be a good idea for this set as well.
The design for this would need to work with both mod sets. Maybe just the enter arrow but I'm not sure yet.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #463 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 00:14:19 »
Hi gok, please consider running Kuro/Shiro in Epbt abs as well, or at least the mod kit of this set. I really love the mod keys  :'(
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline sakodo

« Reply #464 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 11:39:46 »
Did they decide not to run the planck set this time? =S

Offline cmanon

« Reply #465 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:02:07 »
A rama black enter key would be nice, count me in if you make it happen.

Offline mg53

« Reply #466 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 14:16:05 »
Would also be interested if the RAMA enter comes to be. Are the other RAMA keys making a return for R2?

Offline Ajtruong

« Reply #467 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 23:34:14 »
Really hoping for black rama enter as well!

Offline jayiskuhl

« Reply #468 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 17:09:52 »
Would also be interested if the RAMA enter comes to be. Are the other RAMA keys making a return for R2?

The R1 Ramas are coming back, see the KBDfans response in the comments here https://kbdfans.com/collections/coming-soon/products/kuro-shiro-r2
Rukia (?) | gaff. 60 | Pandora | Praxis | Bauer 2

Offline rozc

« Reply #469 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 13:34:45 »
glad to see the black esc and enter coming back :) thank you gok

Offline Radium

« Reply #470 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 10:28:17 »
Count down to the day Round 2 is opened again :D

Offline isamaxi123

« Reply #471 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 18:01:14 »
Hello I'm kinda new in this hobby - does someone know the difference between this (EPT I think) and GMK ?
..and Is there a spacebar kit on the R2 as the previous round? - I can't see it on the KBDFans page.

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #472 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 20:00:13 »
Hello I'm kinda new in this hobby - does someone know the difference between this (EPT I think) and GMK ?
..and Is there a spacebar kit on the R2 as the previous round? - I can't see it on the KBDFans page.
EPBT (short for EnjoyPBT) is a Chinese manufacturer of keycaps made out of PBT. Quality is good.

GMK is a German manufacturer of keycaps made out of ABS. Quality is great (usually).

Offline vurtomatic

« Reply #473 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 11:07:39 »
R2 is open.

Offline ComfortablyJuice

« Reply #474 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 11:30:08 »
Has there been a shipping estimate posted anywhere?

Offline leexy

« Reply #475 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 12:19:54 »
where is my rama black enter!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #476 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 14:38:17 »
where is my rama black enter!
They added the black keys back in which makes Rama enters less necessary.
The moq for the Rama caps are higher than they were back in r1 so I thought that splitting moqs for another key wasn't the best move.
Sorry to disappoint.

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #477 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 08:19:21 »
So Rama caps are no longer brass like R1?

Offline mg53

« Reply #478 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 12:32:02 »
A black RAMA enter would have been cool but I'm glad they added in the black keys like R1. In for sure!

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #479 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 13:06:07 »
So Rama caps are no longer brass like R1?
No, they are Aluminum now. And considerably cheaper.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #480 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 02:19:04 »
Were there any adjustments to japanese mods like alignment and font inconsistencies?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #481 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 02:26:36 »
Were there any adjustments to japanese mods like alignment and font inconsistencies?
Would you be able to highlight the ones you are talking about?
The control key legend is too big to fit on some of the keys and in the case of 1u, needs to be split into two rows.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #482 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 15:08:58 »
Hm, did kbdfans skip the free shipping ?

How risky is it to just order num and int. Kit regarding colormatching to r1?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #483 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 15:21:07 »
F and J are scooped?

Offline okidna

« Reply #484 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 16:32:00 »
F and J are scooped?

It's EPBT, homing keys will be scooped and barred at the same time.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #485 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 23:50:15 »
F and J are scooped?

Actually, Epbt are getting new molds for some keys and scooped only may be a possibility. I'll check with KBDfans on the timing.

Offline okidna

« Reply #486 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 01:56:31 »
F and J are scooped?

Actually, Epbt are getting new molds for some keys and scooped only may be a possibility. I'll check with KBDfans on the timing.

Actually, I got their new ABS doubleshot keycaps and I can confirm that the F & J homing keys are scooped only, but the Num 5 is neither scooped or barred.
But I don't know if they're making their own ABS keycaps or sourced it somewhere else.

Offline Pomato

« Reply #487 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 02:47:38 »
I have the R1 and it's my favorite set. The only issue is the F + J keys being scooped and hitting the switch when pressed which made the sound very inconsistent and rattly. Even the silent switches are not silent (mx zilent + healios). Holding the key down and rubbing it up and down grinds on the top housing of the switch.

Still bought R2 anyway hoping it doesn't have this issue anymore. If it still does I'll just buy R3 aswell!

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #488 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 04:19:47 »
Hi, I'm looking for information on the enjoypbt 3u convex keycaps. Could someone tell me what the stabilizer stem distance is on these?

Is it the same as 2/2.25/2.75u keys, of ~23.8mm?

Or does it follow the "standard" of larger spacebars, i.e. (3u-1u) * 19.05mm = 38.1mm?

(Also, if it's the smaller stabilizers, what's it like? does it wobble/bind, or does it work well enough?)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #489 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 04:41:56 »
Hi, I'm looking for information on the enjoypbt 3u convex keycaps. Could someone tell me what the stabilizer stem distance is on these?

Or does it follow the "standard" of larger spacebars, i.e. (3u-1u) * 19.05mm = 38.1mm?

(Also, if it's the smaller stabilizers, what's it like? does it wobble/bind, or does it work well enough?)
It uses 3u stabilisers which Cherry makes. They are really stable.

Offline rozc

« Reply #490 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 04:43:04 »

not the smaller type

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #491 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 04:57:48 »
It uses 3u stabilisers which Cherry makes. They are really stable.

not the smaller type

Thank you guys for the quick responses!

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2020, 04:59:29 by jouz »

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #492 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 11:24:06 »
I'm sure this is nitpicky to anyone that doesn't type in Japanese, but with the round 2 modifier sets it is pretty annoying that the Alt and 変換 and 無変換 keys are all the same. I would have to buy both the JP mod kit and the icon mod kit to get separate Alt and 変換 keys.

I've never had a keyboard that actually has 変換 keys, but I've been wanting to try to build one for a while now. I thought this would be the set for it since it has 3u spacebars, but an extra $50 just for two keys...  And the fact that there's no ー key and the ろ key is in the wrong place, I wouldn't really be able to make a JIS board with it, but those are secondary to me because I use the Roman input method to type.

Offline danox574

« Reply #493 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 12:05:30 »
I'm sure this is nitpicky to anyone that doesn't type in Japanese, but with the round 2 modifier sets it is pretty annoying that the Alt and 変換 and 無変換 keys are all the same. I would have to buy both the JP mod kit and the icon mod kit to get separate Alt and 変換 keys.

I've never had a keyboard that actually has 変換 keys, but I've been wanting to try to build one for a while now. I thought this would be the set for it since it has 3u spacebars, but an extra $50 just for two keys...  And the fact that there's no ー key and the ろ key is in the wrong place, I wouldn't really be able to make a JIS board with it, but those are secondary to me because I use the Roman input method to type.

Short version - it actually isn't a JIS keyset, it's a ANSI/ISO keyset with almost all default mappings for 101/102 keyboards for IME printed on keys, so if you really try to build a JIS board you are hacking the design a bit.

Long version - I'm going to use Henkan and Muhenkan as the Alt keys as intended by design, and Fn-Alt can be the actual Henkan/Muhenkan functionality.  Right now, spacebar activating your conversion popup is widely used and duplicates the functionality of Henkan (and is still a thumb key), and Muhenkan is pretty easily achieved with enter instead of converting (although no hirgana/katakana/half/full quick toggle there).  So the actual dedicated keys are kind of a novelty, and putting them on FN I can live with.  Thinking the same way you were, compared the 101/102 vs 106/108 keyboard settings with both types of boards connected, and explored each keypress and IME conversion functionality to see what might work and come to the above short version conclusion.  One noteable in that area is Yen symbol on shift "\ | mu Yen" is not a default mapping in Windows 10 (and I'm not sure personally of an OS where it is), but I hope to work that out with QMK (and can be done in registry mappings if necessary), but QMK would make the board portable if I can do it there rather than changing multiple machine settings for me.

If you want to build an actual JIS board from it, you have larger problems than Henkan and Muhenkan, because the ke key, mu key, and likely others don't actually have a symbol match for the proper JIS keys.  JIS has a ke, askterisk, colon key for example, and this kit doesn't have it since that isn't where they appear on other 101/102 key keyboards.

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #494 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 12:46:42 »
Short version - it actually isn't a JIS keyset, it's a ANSI/ISO keyset with almost all default mappings for 101/102 keyboards for IME printed on keys, so if you really try to build a JIS board you are hacking the design a bit.

My main complaint is that even though this set has tons of international compatibility, it doesn't have JIS compatibility. It's based around the Japanese language otherwise.

Long version - I'm going to use Henkan and Muhenkan as the Alt keys as intended by design, and Fn-Alt can be the actual Henkan/Muhenkan functionality.  Right now, spacebar activating your conversion popup is widely used and duplicates the functionality of Henkan (and is still a thumb key), and Muhenkan is pretty easily achieved with enter instead of converting (although no hirgana/katakana/half/full quick toggle there).  So the actual dedicated keys are kind of a novelty, and putting them on FN I can live with.  Thinking the same way you were, compared the 101/102 vs 106/108 keyboard settings with both types of boards connected, and explored each keypress and IME conversion functionality to see what might work and come to the above short version conclusion.

I certainly know how to type in Japanese, having lived and gone to school in Japan for years. The issue is that the normal ANSI method of typing in Japanese requires you to move your right hand from the home row constantly to hit Enter, and my pinky gets sore from it after a while. Doing FN-無変換 doesn't work either because that button press should be as fast as hitting the space bar in a normal typing context. Having to hold a FN key every time you hit the space bar would be annoying. (But now that I think about it, maybe shift-space would work well for 無変換.)

I don't really care much about any of the other JIS functionality, since I just type with romaji input normally. But I want to try a build where the standard 6u space bar is replaced with 1.5u 変換 - 3u space bar - 1.5u 無変換 and all the other keys the same as ANSI. Except a ひらがな key would be nice to not have to use Alt-~. I've got my right Ctrl key mapped to Alt-~ right now.

But thinking about it, using a non-convex cherry profile key with your thumb constantly would probably start to hurt after a while too. It might be better if I just stuck with split space bars.

One noteable in that area is Yen symbol on shift "\ | mu Yen" is not a default mapping in Windows 10 (and I'm not sure personally of an OS where it is), but I hope to work that out with QMK (and can be done in registry mappings if necessary), but QMK would make the board portable if I can do it there rather than changing multiple machine settings for me.

Do you mean the む part? I'm afraid I've never used straight kana input methods, so I'm not as familiar with that. I can see from pictures of JIS boards that there is another key beside the enter that normally has the む.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #495 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 14:04:31 »

My main complaint is that even though this set has tons of international compatibility, it doesn't have JIS compatibility. It's based around the Japanese language otherwise.

Long version - I'm going to use Henkan and Muhenkan as the Alt keys as intended by design, and Fn-Alt can be the actual Henkan/Muhenkan functionality.  Right now, spacebar activating your conversion popup is widely used and duplicates the functionality of Henkan (and is still a thumb key), and Muhenkan is pretty easily achieved with enter instead of converting (although no hirgana/katakana/half/full quick toggle there).  So the actual dedicated keys are kind of a novelty, and putting them on FN I can live with.  Thinking the same way you were, compared the 101/102 vs 106/108 keyboard settings with both types of boards connected, and explored each keypress and IME conversion functionality to see what might work and come to the above short version conclusion.

I certainly know how to type in Japanese, having lived and gone to school in Japan for years. The issue is that the normal ANSI method of typing in Japanese requires you to move your right hand from the home row constantly to hit Enter, and my pinky gets sore from it after a while. Doing FN-無変換 doesn't work either because that button press should be as fast as hitting the space bar in a normal typing context. Having to hold a FN key every time you hit the space bar would be annoying. (But now that I think about it, maybe shift-space would work well for 無変換.)

I don't really care much about any of the other JIS functionality, since I just type with romaji input normally. But I want to try a build where the standard 6u space bar is replaced with 1.5u 変換 - 3u space bar - 1.5u 無変換 and all the other keys the same as ANSI. Except a ひらがな key would be nice to not have to use Alt-~. I've got my right Ctrl key mapped to Alt-~ right now.

But thinking about it, using a non-convex cherry profile key with your thumb constantly would probably start to hurt after a while too. It might be better if I just stuck with split space bars.

One noteable in that area is Yen symbol on shift "\ | mu Yen" is not a default mapping in Windows 10 (and I'm not sure personally of an OS where it is), but I hope to work that out with QMK (and can be done in registry mappings if necessary), but QMK would make the board portable if I can do it there rather than changing multiple machine settings for me.

Do you mean the む part? I'm afraid I've never used straight kana input methods, so I'm not as familiar with that. I can see from pictures of JIS boards that there is another key beside the enter that normally has the む.
I won't be changing the kits because the idea was to have equal number of keys between the mod sets which you'd choose based on your preference.

KBDfans have sold grab bags so I'm sure you'd be able to get some of th extra keys you are after off somebody. I saw an unboxing by Epsilonkeyboards last night on Twitch who had some but there should also be somebody more local to you swith them as well.

Offline danox574

« Reply #496 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 15:42:37 »

What I mean is, on the \ | key (wherever you put it), the Japanese mapping shows む and ¥ on the actual key.  The Japanese conversion map under IME is in fact む for a \ |  keypress from a 101/102 key keyboard, but Shift with this key in Japanese IME does not produce the Yen symbol (under windows 10 it produces nothing).  The GMK comparative set doesn't show the yen symbol on that key (look at Frost Witch or something for comparison).  I was only saying I have no idea what OS or input system maps shift-\ | む to Yen, so I don't know what the design decision was for the key mold having ¥ but was curious if anyone else knew.

This is regardless of position on the physical layout, moving it from above enter to next to a ISO enter key doesn't change the behavior.

I won't be changing the kits because the idea was to have equal number of keys between the mod sets which you'd choose based on your preference.

KBDfans have sold grab bags so I'm sure you'd be able to get some of th extra keys you are after off somebody. I saw an unboxing by Epsilonkeyboards last night on Twitch who had some but there should also be somebody more local to you swith them as well.

Gosh, no, I wouldn't expect you to, it's such a cool set, sorry if you thought that was what I was saying.  I just had spent a lot of time thinking through the feasibility of a JIS configuration with the keycap set and decided it wasn't really going to work, but the above poster's Henkan issue could also probably be corrected with a split spacebar keyboard and enter on the thumb like they said.  Lots of ways to do it, I was just sharing the results of all the thinking/testing I had done.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2020, 17:17:58 by danox574 »

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #497 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 07:58:08 »

What I mean is, on the \ | key (wherever you put it), the Japanese mapping shows む and ¥ on the actual key.  The Japanese conversion map under IME is in fact む for a \ |  keypress from a 101/102 key keyboard, but Shift with this key in Japanese IME does not produce the Yen symbol (under windows 10 it produces nothing).  The GMK comparative set doesn't show the yen symbol on that key (look at Frost Witch or something for comparison).  I was only saying I have no idea what OS or input system maps shift-\ | む to Yen, so I don't know what the design decision was for the key mold having ¥ but was curious if anyone else knew.

This is regardless of position on the physical layout, moving it from above enter to next to a ISO enter key doesn't change the behavior.

Gosh, no, I wouldn't expect you to, it's such a cool set, sorry if you thought that was what I was saying.  I just had spent a lot of time thinking through the feasibility of a JIS configuration with the keycap set and decided it wasn't really going to work, but the above poster's Henkan issue could also probably be corrected with a split spacebar keyboard and enter on the thumb like they said.  Lots of ways to do it, I was just sharing the results of all the thinking/testing I had done.

Isn't want to throw you off of this set, but ModernJa Might work? I know there is a jis kit.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/628731185111236609/700242391747264552/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/628731185111236609/700242429701390396/unknown.png

Offline pfcmickey

« Reply #498 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 10:26:40 »
So I just got into the hobby and missed the GB but this set is perfect for my dream keeb, anyone know how I can get in line for an extra or a cancelled order?

And if an r3 is being considered I'll be first to join

Offline kidpid

« Reply #499 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 13:10:03 »
So I just got into the hobby and missed the GB but this set is perfect for my dream keeb, anyone know how I can get in line for an extra or a cancelled order?

And if an r3 is being considered I'll be first to join

Extras typically can't be reserved. You need to wait until the GB ships and pay attention to KBDfans various channels to know when extras go live.