Author Topic: JIS HHKB & Hasu's BT Controller  (Read 3254 times)

Offline nya

JIS HHKB & Hasu's BT Controller
« on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 14:04:41 »
Trying to build up the courage to drill holes into my HHKB & was wondering if someone who's actually done it could share some advice/pictures?

Offline clickityClackity

Re: JIS HHKB & Hasu's BT Controller
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 14:23:02 »
Fortunately I have a non JIS HHKB which I used the bottom of. Unfortunately, I need to sell it since it's just collecting dust. This post reminded me that the bottom the JIS keyboard needs to go with it.

I can say that the cutouts have definitely been useful and a must have. I use it all the time to check if the battery is low, and when I first had it the ability to flash the controller on the fly was invaluable.

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 14:34:03 »
Trying to build up the courage to drill holes into my HHKB & was wondering if someone who's actually done it could share some advice/pictures?

Haha, I originally put a USB Hasu in my JP board and then wanted to add BT so I finally bit the bullet and did it. I originally planned to sand the LEDs & switch toggle down to avoid having to drill, however, once I had the controller in hand I decided to just drill.

My drill job is pretty **** and needs to be wider to allow for the switch to toggle off. I plan on fixing it this weekend.

Essentially I put the board in, drew marks in pencil where I needed the holes and drilled. Unfortunately I don't have a workshop or anything with clamps to hold the case in so I just held it in between my knees.

TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline nya

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 14:39:46 »
Fortunately I have a non JIS HHKB which I used the bottom of. Unfortunately, I need to sell it since it's just collecting dust. This post reminded me that the bottom the JIS keyboard needs to go with it.

I can say that the cutouts have definitely been useful and a must have. I use it all the time to check if the battery is low, and when I first had it the ability to flash the controller on the fly was invaluable.

I can't justify buying another HHKB just to switch out the bottoms, & I doubt people just happen to have spare bottoms to sell. =(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 14:41:38 »

I can't justify buying another HHKB just to switch out the bottoms, & I doubt people just happen to have spare bottoms to sell. =(

You might be surprised if someone is using a standard hasu controller with a regular hhkb and wants a clean back without the extra holes that would be a good swap.

Offline nya

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 14:48:10 »

Haha, I originally put a USB Hasu in my JP board and then wanted to add BT so I finally bit the bullet and did it. I originally planned to sand the LEDs & switch toggle down to avoid having to drill, however, once I had the controller in hand I decided to just drill.

My drill job is pretty **** and needs to be wider to allow for the switch to toggle off. I plan on fixing it this weekend.

Essentially I put the board in, drew marks in pencil where I needed the holes and drilled. Unfortunately I don't have a workshop or anything with clamps to hold the case in so I just held it in between my knees.

Show Image

Those holes for the led's are totally perfect, & I'm sure the hole for the switch will be too. Any chance you remember what size drill bit you used?

Offline nya

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 14:52:01 »

You might be surprised if someone is using a standard hasu controller with a regular hhkb and wants a clean back without the extra holes that would be a good swap.

Oh you are brilliant! Perhaps when I'm old enough to post in the Classifieds I can ask for a trade.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 15:03:25 »

Oh you are brilliant! Perhaps when I'm old enough to post in the Classifieds I can ask for a trade.

You just need 5 more posts. :D

Offline nya

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 15:25:32 »
You just need 5 more posts. :D

& then I can go back to lurking.

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 21:04:40 »

Show Image

Looks damn good to me!

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 21:11:15 »

Show Image

Looks damn good to me!

I'll note sarcasm, it looks pretty **** but it does work.
TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S