Author Topic: [IC] Godspeed XDA/PBT  (Read 21635 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] Godspeed XDA/PBT
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 22:13:40 »
Cruising by real quick, updated OP with the appropriate renders of the GodX and U.K. Kit, which ended up with wrong legends somehow - I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm reading all the suggestions and will address to the tangible ones as a follow up. Keep them coming as all sorts of feedback are appreciated. Thank you very much for the support and enthusiasm, I hope you enjoy the kits distribution, twin schemes and what's coming next!

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 23:08:51 »

:D :D :D :D :D

Edit: Might even be able to get Max's color scheme mixing Lunar and Supernova. Hmm... The blue might be too washed out though, hard to tell with the renders. May be not without some black keys  :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 23:16:32 by Skull_Angel »

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 01:08:44 »
Show Image

:D :D :D :D :D

Edit: Might even be able to get Max's color scheme mixing Lunar and Supernova. Hmm... The blue might be too washed out though, hard to tell with the renders. May be not without some black keys  :(

Damn, you're right... this'll look great next to either of my Skull Squadron keysets :)

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 03:29:45 »
Will the prices for each kit be more or less the same as the canvass XDA sets? I'd like to know how much i'm going to have to save for this :D

Offline mypainishurt

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 08:19:10 »
Definitely interested. Is there a newsletter I can follow that informs when the group buy begins?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline nitrobackflip

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 09:43:42 »
Damnit, in. In for at least Alphas, base, Tsangan, Calc, GodX, Milky Way and MiTonauts... just take my wallet, social security number, home address, birth certificate...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 10:24:07 »
I'm definitely in.  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 10:56:31 »
Why do 40s kits require the base kit also? Seems like the 40s kits are only short a couple of keys while the base kits have WAY more keys than the 40s could use.

Offline richard912

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 11:02:50 »
Oh my! These look so lovely. Am leaning towards Ares. In the meantime, my wallet is shuddering.....

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 12:44:19 »
Why do 40s kits require the base kit also?

Because a standalone 40s kit would require about 58~62 keycaps and 78% of these keycaps would be wasted when covering a 40% since the models considered to conceive such kit feature, on average, 14 modifier keycaps. With the current logic you'll be able to not only use the included keycaps much more efficiently, but you'll be in the same boat as Base Modifier customers - who normally order in big volumes. Big volumes translate in cheaper prices for everyone in the buy. The mini add-on inclusion is the cheaper route in this specific situation.

Seems like the 40s kits are only short a couple of keys while the base kits have WAY more keys than the 40s could use.

Only short a couple of keys if you consider a specific 40% layout. But bear in mind this kit is universal, aimed to cover peculiarities of each 40% keyboard. The current distribution is very efficient and will be considerably affordable.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 13:39:47 »
awesome keycaps

Offline bciamny

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 13:53:01 »
i'm probably not understanding something but should there be a f5-f8 in the supernova colorway for the enceladus kit?

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 15:01:57 »
+1 for some darker, Blackhole kit.
Just remember Space Odyssey 2001 or more recent Interstellar.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 21:26:26 »
Down to go to Mars  :thumb: Nice set! Kits are looking good, and I really like the Ergo Icons kit.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 22:20:10 »

Offline goodeyesniper85

• clickityclack
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 22:26:32 »
shut up and take all my monies. curse the day I found this hobby/sickness.

Offline Pendylan

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 00:35:55 »
Definitely interested, I'll be buying as many sets as I can afford once the drop is live! Will look great on the Moon Keyboard!

Offline joedevivo

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 08:44:32 »
These look fantastic!

I love the SA Godspeed, and I'd be in for all of these dope Ergodox variations. The one thing I'd suggest is that aside from the "Launch" key in the SA set, there's not a lot that's particularly Spacy about the Ergodox mods. The Apollo/Ares Text Ergo already do a great job towards that, but if you could add a couple of 1.5u logo caps for the inside columns (so, meant to be put on vertically) that would be amazing! Maybe bring back the yellow launch key for Ergodox as well, and a 2u yellow Godspeed for Ergodox.

Great job on these, you'll be getting my monies whether you add any of these or not :D

Offline cbalcom03

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 10:37:49 »
I am all in on this and have been making it a point to show support here, Reddit, and Massdrop.  Let’s make this happen!

Offline Juk

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 18:12:10 »
Sweet lord MiTo, I somehow like all your kits.

+1 on the IC.

I am contemplating this kit for a future weird DIY keyboard design I am working on. If I am not mistaken, there is no MOQ on XDA due to dye sublimation? If that is the case maybe it could be possible to do a south-european kit?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 21:52:44 »
Any pricing estimates at this point? Will the icon modifiers cost extra? Is pricing on a per-key basis?

Offline jihadu

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 05:00:18 »
Any pricing estimates at this point? Will the icon modifiers cost extra? Is pricing on a per-key basis?
Pricing should be on the same level as SA Carbon's more recent drop. Icon mods should be in the same price bracket as text mods. But given the popularity of the text mods on the original SA Godspeed drop, more than likely there will be more text mods made than icon mods

Enviado do meu SM-A520F através de Tapatalk

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 07:43:40 »
Pricing should be on the same level as SA Carbon's more recent drop. Icon mods should be in the same price bracket as text mods. But given the popularity of the text mods on the original SA Godspeed drop, more than likely there will be more text mods made than icon mods

That sounds not right, this is a different manufacture. The last XDA GB`s has been on a lower pricepoint then SP`s SA sets. Maybe look into the last XDA drop. but properly a little more $ since this set has more color choices etc.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 07:55:50 »

That sounds not right, this is a different manufacture. The last XDA GB`s has been on a lower pricepoint then SP`s SA sets. Maybe look into the last XDA drop. but properly a little more $ since this set has more color choices etc.
Wasn't the last drop MiTo's XDA Canvas ?
I went to see the price points on keyclack for jchan's  XDA GB and they were significantly cheaper than SP SA. It seems I am fake news *commits sepukku*

Offline AgilePJ

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 10:51:01 »
Very very interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Auk

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 11:07:38 »
...last drop MiTo's XDA Canvas ?... ... significantly cheaper than SP SA.

Yes on Canvas, I posted the link once above: XDA Canvas on Massdrop

Not XDA, but MT3 /dev/tty is dye sub PBT in high profile, so it has some use n comparing child kit prices, though it likely wouldn't be as accurate as Canvas as an indicator of what to expect: MT3 /dev/tty

Offline playtech1

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:03:53 »
A couple of thoughts:

1. Any chance of getting all three Alpha Colourways on the UK kit?

2. I love mono legends - for ISO though it will need three extra keys: an extra # and `, as well as a 1U \ key (which I see is included with the Calculus kit, but that seems overkill).  If ISO is going to only be in one Alpha colourway, then that's just 3 extra keys on that one.

Looks great!

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:06:13 »
I am definitely in for both Apollo and Ares versions of all the kits.  The original Godspeed was what really got me interested in custom kits but I didn't like the SA profile.

However, this is exactly what I having been looking for!

Mito, Is there any chance you will release the Godspeed colorway in GMK in the future as well?
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 16:54:02 »

Offline jihadu

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:28:44 »
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mito-xda-godspeed-custom-keycap-set

Argh! Give me a break!
It's too soon.  God damnit MiTo!
My wallet is still hurting from GMK Yuri! Damn you and your awesome keycaps.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:42:08 »
Damn, way too soon. I'll pass in favor of Lazer.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:50:16 »
Thankfully I don't really like Lazer.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 01:39:12 »

same... my teets are empty, no more milking left to do.

give it some time mito, we wan't laser and this, but can't afford both at the same time

just dropped a serious dump of ca$h on the moon
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 04:03:08 by rioc »

Offline rehael

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 03:27:54 »
MiTo, can you give approximate timing for GMK Laser? Because I won't be able to afford both XDA Godspeed and GMK Laser if they are close to each other in drop time – and I think several of us here are in similar situation… For me personally dropping cash at these would require serious spending planning if I would like to have both (and I would!).

Offline pon10

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 15:22:54 »
This set is full of features but maybe a little late to start the IC when the kits is locked.. :p

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 18:57:45 »
This set is full of features but maybe a little late to start the IC when the kits is locked.. :p

Kits aren't locked, I'm compiling a list of tweaks and changes based on the feedback that is being provided both here and the Massdrop Drop Tab. For example, people requested the Apollo Text Ergo vertical 2u keycap to be legended as LAUNCH instead of ENTER, and other tweaks are being implemented before the drop actually begins. Ortho 1u DEL + 1u SHIFT, UK in Supernova/Lunar schemes a red astronaut icon, convex spacebars, etc. I must ponder on what's doable and what's not, I'm always working behind the scenes. I'm paying very close attention to all threads and the great feedback our community have been providing lately, kinda hard to answer to every single post but I hope you understand. I encourage you to keep sharing your great ideas and other feedback (everyone, actually) because I listen (read) everything!

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 19:28:46 »
Are any of the smaller spacebars convex? I'm hoping at least the Ortho kit has convex spacebars.

Also, I recognize interest in this may be slim, but I would love it if there were a yellow 2u Godspeed keycap in one of the Ortho/GodX/etc kits. The yellow Godspeed enter is my favorite thing about this set and it saddens me that it can't be used on ortholinear keyboards.

Offline TheOtherDave

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 05:04:47 »
I must ponder on what's doable and what's not, I'm always working behind the scenes. I'm paying very close attention to all threads and the great feedback our community have been providing lately, kinda hard to answer to every single post but I hope you understand. I encourage you to keep sharing your great ideas and other feedback (everyone, actually) because I listen (read) everything!
Is there any way to get some "XDA Tall" keycaps? I'm not sure they exist, but they'd be great for top row of the thumb cluster and lower inner 1.5x1u vertical keys on an ergodox. To make it easier to hit those keys with your thumb without accidentally pressing the keys below them as well.

Offline Broadwell

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 07:27:40 »
Would love a mono number row!

Offline Auk

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 07:35:15 »
Would love a mono number row!

Use the numpad keys? although it would mean buying two alpha kits if you want full size, so perhaps not ideal...

I guess actually you could take the numpad keys out of the alpha pack and put them in the calculus kit, then offer the mono num row as part of the mono kit, but that has its' own downside - maybe not so easy to get different accent colors?
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 July 2017, 14:34:07 by Auk »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 08:40:08 »
1.25u blank in solar alpha color please. 1.25u for use with a split spacebar is becoming pretty popular with multiple PCBs supporting such a layout.
keyboards.

Offline pon10

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 14:26:23 »

Kits aren't locked, I'm compiling a list of tweaks and changes based on the feedback that is being provided both here and the Massdrop Drop Tab. For example, people requested the Apollo Text Ergo vertical 2u keycap to be legended as LAUNCH instead of ENTER, and other tweaks are being implemented before the drop actually begins. Ortho 1u DEL + 1u SHIFT, UK in Supernova/Lunar schemes a red astronaut icon, convex spacebars, etc. I must ponder on what's doable and what's not, I'm always working behind the scenes. I'm paying very close attention to all threads and the great feedback our community have been providing lately, kinda hard to answer to every single post but I hope you understand. I encourage you to keep sharing your great ideas and other feedback (everyone, actually) because I listen (read) everything!

Cool man, good to know! thanks. :thumb: A NORDE kit in cadet blue would not hurt nobody and be able to add more kits to a overall set if you a sitting in the nordic part. ;) Looking forward to pick a set up!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 19:28:36 »
Drop is live, locking the thread. Thanks for all the feedback, some kits were fine tuned and lots of adjustments were made (40s, etc).

Link!