Author Topic: Post your life any pictures !  (Read 625920 times)

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
Re: Post your life any pictures !
« Reply #1350 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 01:49:16 »
Caught a rare sun today!

Show Image

Where's the snow?! :eek: And green grass, and that tree has leaves? Where do you even live?! :confused:

In Kainuu is snow all over, again, but it's just slush all over. And I hate it. >:D Hope the cold comes soon and it lasts till spring :rolleyes:

No that tree doesn't have any leaves :))

Don't know why but Helsinki still look like this now (except the sun...), hardly see snow anywhere. I have a friend comes here for some day off from Rovaniemi said it was snow all over there, even thick to the rooftops.  Luckily my place still havent yet :p
We have dry asphalt here in Saint Petersburg now.

And rovaniemi is almost on the Arctic Circle.
Kajaani is also almost in the Artctic Circle, but it's pretty south if compared to Rovaniemi.

It must be very very veeeryyy dark in Helsinki now, even here in Kajaani I just feel sleepy starting on noon when it starts to get darker and just bit after 3 PM it's dark as black. And I just want to sleep all the time :confused:

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1351 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 02:02:19 »
yeah, the metro said that there would be only 13 hours of sunlight in Dec, even though it seems to be brighter in the picture, it's very rare this month to see the sky like that, the lights only comes like 2 hours then go back dark :))
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline iri

« Reply #1352 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 02:14:27 »
Caught a rare sun today!

Show Image

Where's the snow?! :eek: And green grass, and that tree has leaves? Where do you even live?! :confused:

In Kainuu is snow all over, again, but it's just slush all over. And I hate it. >:D Hope the cold comes soon and it lasts till spring :rolleyes:

No that tree doesn't have any leaves :))

Don't know why but Helsinki still look like this now (except the sun...), hardly see snow anywhere. I have a friend comes here for some day off from Rovaniemi said it was snow all over there, even thick to the rooftops.  Luckily my place still havent yet :p
We have dry asphalt here in Saint Petersburg now.

And rovaniemi is almost on the Arctic Circle.
Kajaani is also almost in the Artctic Circle, but it's pretty south if compared to Rovaniemi.
k, then i'm almost on the arctic circle too.

we had a little snowfall recently.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1353 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 18:55:00 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #1354 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 02:34:31 »
'found a new bubble tea place!

84070-0

Offline Reckthor

• PC Stuff
« Reply #1355 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 04:27:13 »
I made a good  :thumb:

Offline iri

« Reply #1356 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 06:46:30 »

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1357 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 11:30:55 »

Show Image

That looks awesome :o
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1358 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 14:19:37 »
Its winter in Canada.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1359 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 14:34:48 »

the original picture from the cropped gif below. Loving the 11 frame per second burst the A6000 has.

http://i.imgur.com/4Svc95R.gifv
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1360 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 15:33:12 »
Show Image

the original picture from the cropped gif below. Loving the 11 frame per second burst the A6000 has.

More please!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1361 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 16:19:57 »
Show Image

That was really cool! Thanks for the gif! As JQ said, more would be welcome!  :thumb:

Offline Reckthor

• PC Stuff
« Reply #1362 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 22:35:24 »

Show Image

That looks awesome :o

Thank you very much. It is brioche layered with nutella.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1363 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 01:19:43 »
Fun with that fast 50mm F1.4!

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1364 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 06:17:31 »
Ah, legacy lenses. You using m4/3 or Sony?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline kurukato

• Cars>Keyboards
« Reply #1365 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 22:56:29 »
Got to play with a Hasselblad today. oh so much fun. Like shooting a gun

Also picked up a little point and shoot for 3 bucks at a goodwill. works nicely. its a 1984 so it has the Hexanon lens

Offline tbc

« Reply #1366 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 00:32:58 »

i'm going with sony because he has the kit lens in that pic
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1367 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 00:37:39 »

i'm going with sony because he has the kit lens in that pic

Correct. A6000 to be exact

Great camera. I was in the market for a decent DLSR after taking a photo class. Hoff let me use his Nex-3 and I really liked it. TJ had nothing but good things to say about the A6000 and after extensive research, I picked up the A6000 on Black Friday.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1368 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 13:50:29 »
Took the little one to see Santa.  She was super curious, but when she actually went to sit in his lap she was horrified.  Afterward though, she kept on hanging around outside and looking in saying "Santa?" over and over. 

84823-0
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #1369 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 14:02:50 »
Show Image

TIL dixie cups can hold liquid metal
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1370 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 16:36:04 »
The night before Christmas
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline iri

« Reply #1371 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 03:02:22 »
is it a menorah by the window?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1372 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 03:18:58 »
Show Image

TIL dixie cups can hold liquid metal

The flask is filled with a foam. As soon as the metal hits it, it burns away and can create things you can't do with traditional pouring/casting methods (drafts with patterned molds). The cup is just there so they guys pouring know where that molten metal is going.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1373 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 03:22:22 »
Oom nom nom pomegranate
Show Image

I've tried eating those. Is there a "proper" way of pealing pomegranate without squirting the juice everywhere? I know there's the underneath the water method, but the pomegranates taste different & watery afterwards. Also, the seeds are such a pain to spit out.  :( Some people say they just swallow it? :confused:

I looked up a video where they cut the skin and part the pomegranate in 2. Then they just hit the 2 halves with a spoon dislodging all seed thingys. I just ate the seeds and I'm not dead, so....

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #1374 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 04:46:44 »
It's an electrical "adventsljusstake". They're extremely common in Sweden around Christmas. I don't know if there's a story behind them but I assume that we started having them just because they look nice.
Here are a bunch of them in the windows of the police station here in Uppsala.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 December 2014, 05:11:56 by Lord of Narwhals »
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline iri

« Reply #1375 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 07:36:45 »
Awww, cute looking police station!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #1376 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 09:52:44 »
Awww, cute looking police station!
It's IMO one of the best looking buildings here in Uppsala.

The weather was pretty nice today so I went outside and took some pictures.

Sunrise/set and some of our beehives.

The small guest house (mainly used for storing buckets of honey and stuff that we rarely use).

The barn (in which there are a bunch of sheep/lambs).

View from my window.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline iri

« Reply #1377 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 17:45:15 »
we had a zombie apocalypse on our wedding

85014-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1378 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 18:17:42 »
nah don't know what it's called in English but it's a typical Swedish Christmas decoration
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline iri

« Reply #1379 on: Thu, 25 December 2014, 03:30:59 »
nah don't know what it's called in English
"Advent candlestick" i guess.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #1380 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 17:46:37 »
Spending the weekend with my family in Reno/Lake Tahoe
Took this very cheesy artsy picture. Enjoy  ^-^

hi

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1381 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 03:24:42 »
Just 'cause it's an awesome picture, lightning grounding between where I was standing and those trees two houses down.

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #1382 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 09:05:59 »
Just 'cause it's an awesome picture, lightning grounding between where I was standing and those trees two houses down.

(Attachment Link)

WHOA!  Was the thunder clap loud?  What did you feel being that close?  And, how'd you get that shot? :eek:

Pardon the interrogation...I was seated by a window during a storm and lighting struck the power line outside.  I just remember a bright flash, a loud bang, and feeling fuzzy for a moment.  It happened so fast even our dog (who was near me) didn't know what had happened.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1383 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 03:15:34 »

(Attachment Link)

WHOA!  Was the thunder clap loud?  What did you feel being that close?  And, how'd you get that shot? :eek:

Pardon the interrogation...I was seated by a window during a storm and lighting struck the power line outside.  I just remember a bright flash, a loud bang, and feeling fuzzy for a moment.  It happened so fast even our dog (who was near me) didn't know what had happened.

I heard it, although it wasn't the loudest one during that storm.

My other half was videoing the lightning that was maybe a kilometre or two from us, and that one just happened.

I wasn't even aware it was that close until she showed me the video that evening.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #1384 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 20:39:07 »
that is kinda scary.......i read somewhere, i think on cracked.com about a guy who was climbing a mountain or something in a national park in america and got struck by lightning twice!
ALi
Filco MJ2 TKL MX Browns | KC60 Gateron Browns

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1385 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 23:59:29 »

Couldn't get a good pic it was dark.

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #1386 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 00:01:48 »
Show Image

this is the kind of thing that makes me wish I could drive
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1387 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 00:46:47 »
Show Image

going near or over 40 and taking pictures of your speedometer. i hope you were driving alone and not with your kids.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #1388 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 05:44:18 »

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #1389 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:02:38 »
Took some pictures of food ;)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1390 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:18:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

MGH is now a basic white girl

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #1391 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:19:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

#nofilter

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #1392 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:25:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As somewhat of a basic white girl myself, I can confirm that taking pictures of your food adds points to this. But I am not really a basic white girl fully because I am an overweight lesbian so my word might not be accurate. Here is a picture of some potatoes I ate earlier:

it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1393 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:26:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As somewhat of a basic white girl myself, I can confirm that taking pictures of your food adds points to this. But I am not really a basic white girl fully because I am an overweight lesbian so my word might not be accurate. Here is a picture of some potatoes I ate earlier:

Show Image

You so basic.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1394 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:27:03 »
deep down, we're all white girls.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1395 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:28:52 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1396 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:53:58 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1397 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 19:58:42 »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1398 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 13:32:49 »
Coworker went to the Doughnut Bar and brought me some  :eek:  This place is in the gaslamp area and almost always sells out by  mid-morning.  We have tried multiple times to get some, but they are always gone by time we get there. 

http://donutbarsandiego.com/

These things are huge and amazing tasting.  Pictured in hand is the "Homer".  In the background you can see a "Mexican Hot Chocolate", "Strawberry", "Creme Brulee", "Bacon Maple bar", and "Maple Bourbon".  Covered by my hand in the other box is a "Rootbeer float".  I was not sure what the little half eaten pink and white one was as my coworker was eating it.  Needless to say, not at all fat-free or sugar-free. 

89396-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 February 2015, 13:34:33 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1399 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 00:09:40 »
still trying to get the hang of my camera don't hate me :(

DSC00500 by demikk, on Flickr

and one of my dog

DSC00497 by demikk, on Flickr

i should probably leave the house and take pictures of other stuff >.>