Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2779991 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #2750 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:48:22 »
I like a mix of efficiency and inefficiency :-* is there a larger cherry numpad?

But I've actually been thinking about making a 40% compatible numpad, probably 4x5.

I am wondering if JD has already created one that matches his JD40.  That would be pretty cool.
As far as I know he hasn't but I'd be on board to design it for him.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #2751 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:02:11 »
Currently at work a QFR with Browns:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2752 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:28:41 »
I like a mix of efficiency and inefficiency :-* is there a larger cherry numpad?

But I've actually been thinking about making a 40% compatible numpad, probably 4x5.

I am wondering if JD has already created one that matches his JD40.  That would be pretty cool.

I think that would be very cool to work together and make something like that.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2753 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:29:37 »

I think that would be very cool to work together and make something like that.

I'll work on it. :thumb:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2754 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 09:25:06 »

I had to at least try it.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #2755 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 13:53:06 »
Apple M0116 at the helpdesk.

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline n3ro

« Reply #2756 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 14:24:22 »
Using RF 55 at home and Filco MJ2 brown at work. Recently i put a towel underneath the Realforce to dampen the noise, now its much quieter.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2015, 14:28:15 by n3ro »

Offline maddingo

« Reply #2757 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 14:32:57 »

Filco MT2 TKL (cherry mx-red) with PBT double-shot key caps. quite happy with it.

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #2758 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 14:49:27 »
Currently at work a QFR with Browns:

Show Image

That's gorgeous, but do you get a lot of "rub one out" comments from coworkers?

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #2759 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 16:14:12 »
Currently using Lenovo Y580 chiclet laptop keyboard.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2760 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 16:29:58 »
Sprit60 with 65g Vintage Blacks.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2761 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 05:38:45 »
Since the complaints and criticisms about my SSKs, I am reduced (as much as one can be reduced) to using HHKB at home (although rotating with various other keyboards) and KeyCool with MX reds at work.

I kinda liked the reds for almost 2 days, but they are starting to irk me again.

Trying to find an opportunity to take a keyboard with MX black in to work instead.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2762 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 10:37:54 »
Since the complaints and criticisms about my SSKs, I am reduced (as much as one can be reduced) to using HHKB at home (although rotating with various other keyboards) and KeyCool with MX reds at work.

I kinda liked the reds for almost 2 days, but they are starting to irk me again.

Trying to find an opportunity to take a keyboard with MX black in to work instead.

That kinda sucks Rowdy.  You find your perfect keyboard and now nobody will let you use it.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2763 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 17:16:49 »

That kinda sucks Rowdy.  You find your perfect keyboard and now nobody will let you use it.
The joys of tactile MX living ^-^
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #2764 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 17:28:53 »
Back to using Noppoo Tank after my DAS Ultimate kicked the bucket a few weeks ago. Luckily, the chatter on the Tank went away after I opened it up and cleaned off the PCB. Not sure what I would have done otherwise, since the only other mechanical I have left is a rather glitchy Model M (which wouldn't suit me that well even if it were fully functional).
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline julayyy

« Reply #2765 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 21:18:04 »
Going to bring my Quickfire TK w/reds in to work tomorrow  :thumb:

Recently bought a v60 w/clears to use at home and I love it. Was considering just carrying the v60 to and from work since I really liked the clears but then my TK would be just sitting in my room doing nothing so got to put that board to work  :))
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2766 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 06:03:29 »

The joys of tactile MX living ^-^

The despair of linear MX living ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2767 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 06:15:26 »

You can never have too much topre. :D

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2768 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 06:23:28 »
Poker at home, Poker at work. Poker in the bag for travel. I love my Pokers!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2769 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 06:38:27 »
Sprit60 with 65g Vintage Blacks.

Show Image

Awesome board! I am jealous of that Drunken though!

Offline zenless

« Reply #2770 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 13:06:25 »
I just picked up an HHKB pro2. So far I like it, trying to decide if I'll keep it or the Pok3r with clears i've been using. I don't think I can afford to keep both (or at very least can't logically justify keeping both, have a fullsize for my home keyboard). One thing is the lack of options for keysets for the HHKB.. but I have black on black so what else do i really want??

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #2771 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 13:09:15 »
I just picked up an HHKB pro2. So far I like it, trying to decide if I'll keep it or the Pok3r with clears i've been using. I don't think I can afford to keep both (or at very least can't logically justify keeping both, have a fullsize for my home keyboard). One thing is the lack of options for keysets for the HHKB.. but I have black on black so what else do i really want??

Keysets do not matter
HHKB stock keys are perfect even the black on black though we own strictly white topre boards (not racist)
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline zenless

« Reply #2772 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 13:16:51 »

Keysets do not matter
HHKB stock keys are perfect even the black on black though we own strictly white topre boards (not racist)

Starting to see that, even though some of those. As fancy as those are, i ended up just wanting a cherry profile black on black set for MX keyboards anyway! Which is basically what is on this board anyway.. soo.. just will come down to are topre better than mx

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2773 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 13:21:18 »

Keysets do not matter

Starting to see that, even though some of those. As fancy as those are, i ended up just wanting a cherry profile black on black set for MX keyboards anyway! Which is basically what is on this board anyway.. soo.. just will come down to are topre better than mx

Well... you are doing it the smart way. Buy them and try them; don't go off of all the random opinions (including me and the wyfe's very biased ones toward HHKB). You hardly lose any money selling a near-new board on the classifieds. Renting it for a minimal fee, basically.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Bacchus

« Reply #2774 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 17:29:06 »
Novatouch at the moment.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #2775 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 18:56:47 »
356CL Dark Grey Edition. 62g Clears.
103893-0

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #2777 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 06:32:15 »
Work (At the moment): Filco Majestouch Ninja 2
Home: Ducky Mini V1
Product Review: Cherry MC Board 6.0

Offline eun

• Lunatic-hai eun .
« Reply #2778 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 06:49:42 »
Actually, i have a lot of 356 series keyboards..
but i like KOALA keyboard so i use this, because this keyboard have nib g80-3000hav switches ..and no shim plate.
i like this feeling..
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 June 2015, 06:53:42 by eun »

356CL Alps blue/ 356CL DGE not assembled/ 356CL V2 not assembled/ 356L vintage black NO.10/60/ 356N turn gray/ 356N Mark2 wyseblack/ 356Mini vintage black/ 356Mini vintage brown/ 356Pad vintage black/ 456GT vintage white/ 360 Corsa not assembled/ Kinesis mockup vintage brown/ Koala vintage black/ Koala Alps green/ hhmx-LZ-hx vintage black/ wyse saver Ferrari vintage brown/ strongman Alps geen/ strongman Alps yellow/ DK saver vintage brown/ DK saver Alps pink/ G81-1800 vintage blue/ G81-1800 vintage black/ Next Keyboard Alps turn black

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2779 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 01:08:59 »
QFR MX black (Hack'd by Geeks keycaps) at home and Ducky Shine 3 Yellow Edition MX black (Filco yellow keycaps) at work.

Yay for linear switches, he said unenthusiastically, but at least the complaints about the noise have stopped.

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #2780 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 23:02:33 »
Right now IBM Model M 1398601

AEKII is being restored and will become the daily for a while.
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #2781 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 23:19:30 »
Im really liking this Logitech UltraX Premium Slim.

Offline 2ter

« Reply #2782 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 08:16:22 »
in the office:
apple m0118, lubed, with damped white sliders and click plates.
a kensington notebook keypad with pcb mounted cherry mx clears for the function keys, on the right side of the mousepad.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 June 2015, 10:16:43 by 2ter »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2783 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 10:23:44 »
Right now IBM Model M 1398601

AEKII is being restored and will become the daily for a while.

Yeah, the Lexmark 1398601.  Nice keyboard.  You should see mine.

http://imgur.com/a/p6kmH

Stick with it!

Offline ithrowthinqs

« Reply #2784 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 18:40:28 »
Love the QFR with those keycaps

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2785 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 14:45:31 »
Still using this thing:

Offline theryaner

« Reply #2786 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 05:22:44 »
Dell QuietKey

Offline imogene

« Reply #2787 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 22:31:29 »
typing on a noppoo lolita keyboard.

Offline Altis

« Reply #2788 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 22:46:38 »
Switching between these two Realforce 87U this week.

The light case is 45g uniform which I use 90% of the time, the black case is 55g uniform.

I took this week off to do a whole bunch of work that required typing (making java programs and reports on them) for about 10 hours a day. The 45g uniform really found a place in my heart this week. I'm tempted to switch the 55g for another 45g, actually.

Mod Edit: fixed img tag.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 July 2015, 11:39:05 by infiniti »
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Jhexp

« Reply #2789 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 00:11:26 »
Ducky YOTH, Blue switches. Love it.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2790 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 11:48:03 »
Logitech K260 wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.  Still getting my things together.  At least I have a computer up and running now.  No worries.

NVM Back to the IBM keyboard now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:20:47 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #2791 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 08:47:27 »
Currently a Leopold FC500RR which I use at home and at work. Waiting on a Leopold FC660

Offline Shaussman

« Reply #2792 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:01:41 »
I'm using this sweet HP rubberdome that presumably came with my work computer
MX Brown Quickfire XT | MX Clear WASD VP3 | MX Blue Ducky Zero

Offline boTy

« Reply #2793 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 11:09:52 »
Some of the keyboards i'm seeing here are making me jealous as **** :D

Currently using a Blackwidow Tournament Edition. I got it for only € 53 euro including shipping, so i think it's worth the price.

Offline zenless

« Reply #2794 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 19:24:46 »
At  work (Keep trying other boards and going back to this guy... waiting for either SA Retro or Ivan's black GB):

At home (AEK I with Salmon Alps, converted to USB with Teensy):

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2795 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 19:28:44 »
dusted off the HHKB Pro2 (literally it collected dust), it was next in my cycle. i have too many keyboards

Offline Mooksie

« Reply #2796 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:09:13 »
Switching between these two Realforce 87U this week.

Show Image

The light case is 45g uniform which I use 90% of the time, the black case is 55g uniform.

I took this week off to do a whole bunch of work that required typing (making java programs and reports on them) for about 10 hours a day. The 45g uniform really found a place in my heart this week. I'm tempted to switch the 55g for another 45g, actually.

Mod Edit: fixed img tag.
The dark case with light caps is awesome! I want an RF just like that.
we use up all the cupholders during our furious love making sessions

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #2797 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:11:06 »
dusted off the HHKB Pro2 (literally it collected dust), it was next in my cycle. i have too many keyboards

Show Image

Looks great! i really need to get some white caps for my HHKB!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2798 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:11:57 »
Hopped back on my HHKB and I'm starting to like it more and more finally.  About damn time.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #2799 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:13:25 »
Been using my hhkb since I got it, love it! Just need some rubber feet :p