Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2779932 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #2950 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 22:42:09 »
(Attachment Link)

Finally got an MX compatible keyboard to put my R5 caps on.

How is the Kludge?  I'm intrigued by it.

I have a 45g Noppoo EC108-Pro which is basically the same as the Royal Kludge but without LEDs (same OEM, and I think even the same mold is used for the case). I've never had a chance to try a legit Topre board, but I'd say the Noppoo is nice enough to type on. However, it's not the transcendent experience described by so many Topre fans, so I wonder what subtle differences exist between the two.

My guess is, it's as good as a Novatouch but nowhere near as good as a RealForce.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2951 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 22:42:24 »
(Attachment Link)

Initial impressions are it could benefit from lubing both the switches for smoothness and definitely the stabilizers for noise.

I'm not usually a fan of costar stabilizers but these were easier to change caps than others I've tried.

I like the smaller case profile.

But yeah it's no realforce.

Also it might be the SA caps or the monster I'm drinking but I swear this thing pings.  ???
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2015, 10:19:24 by SpAmRaY »

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2952 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 22:54:49 »
Late one in  the office... terrible lighting, but just for kicks:

• KUL ES-87
  • Gateron PBT dark grey blanks
  • CST LaserTRAC trackball
  • Noko TKL wrist rest
  • Bose Quiet Comfort

No one be disturbing me or trying to type on this board  :cool:

Offline boTy

« Reply #2953 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 03:06:53 »
Just got the Cherry G80-3000M from a reddit user, it's got MX Blacks and really nice thick PBT keycaps.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2954 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 03:11:12 »
Late one in  the office... terrible lighting, but just for kicks:

Show Image

• KUL ES-87
  • Gateron PBT dark grey blanks
  • CST LaserTRAC trackball
  • Noko TKL wrist rest
  • Bose Quiet Comfort

No one be disturbing me or trying to type on this board  :cool:

Clean. :thumb:

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2955 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 09:08:31 »

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #2956 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 09:31:30 »
A pair of stock Apple keyboards. At home, I'm moving twice in the next 4 months, so my BlackWidow TE Chroma Stealth is in storage. For the time being, I'll be on my MacBook Pro's built-in keyboard. It's one of the "classic" models so none of that shallow key travel cr@p that's part of Apple's current crop of notebooks. If I had the knowledge, I'd love to create an external mechanical keyboard that mimics MacBook Pro's layout.

I'm moving desks at work, so I have to mothball my HHKB Type-S for the next couple days. Right now I'm typing on a standard iMac keyboard. It's not the worst thing in the world, but being away from silenced Topre goodness gives me a sad.

Offline boTy

« Reply #2957 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 10:16:24 »
A pair of stock Apple keyboards. At home, I'm moving twice in the next 4 months, so my BlackWidow TE Chroma Stealth is in storage. For the time being, I'll be on my MacBook Pro's built-in keyboard. It's one of the "classic" models so none of that shallow key travel cr@p that's part of Apple's current crop of notebooks. If I had the knowledge, I'd love to create an external mechanical keyboard that mimics MacBook Pro's layout.

I'm moving desks at work, so I have to mothball my HHKB Type-S for the next couple days. Right now I'm typing on a standard iMac keyboard. It's not the worst thing in the world, but being away from silenced Topre goodness gives me a sad.

They don't come close to a mechanical, but the apple scissor switch keyboards are some of the best rubber domes i've ever used. They aren't as mushy as other rubberdome keyboards.

Offline Golgoroth

« Reply #2958 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 13:38:13 »
I'm using my first non-vintage, non-ergonomic mechanical board: a Noppoo Lolita Spyder.  I'm waiting on a custom keycap set from WASDKeyboards.  All in all, it was $60 well spent, I'd say.

Apologies for the potato pic.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2959 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 22:46:31 »
(Attachment Link)

I have a 45g Noppoo EC108-Pro which is basically the same as the Royal Kludge but without LEDs (same OEM, and I think even the same mold is used for the case). I've never had a chance to try a legit Topre board, but I'd say the Noppoo is nice enough to type on. However, it's not the transcendent experience described by so many Topre fans, so I wonder what subtle differences exist between the two.

My guess is, it's as good as a Novatouch but nowhere near as good as a RealForce.

Hmm, I'll have to try one out.  Even if it's not as perfect as Realforce et al, I'm sure it'll be worth a try.  :thumb:

Initial impressions are it could benefit from lubing both the switches for smoothness and definitely the stabilizers for noise.

I'm not usually a fan of costar stabilizers but these were easier to change caps than others I've tried.

Also it might be the SA caps or the monster I'm drinking but I swear this thing pings.  ???

Cool, thanks for the feedback.  Sounds fairly similar to what some say about the Novatouch (I'm not as bothered by the noise of the Novatouch as some others), but that ping comment bothers me.  :confused:  Hopefully it's just your imagination.  :))

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #2960 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 09:30:01 »
typing on heaven, LZ-FE with ergos.

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #2961 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 14:40:38 »
If I had the knowledge, I'd love to create an external mechanical keyboard that mimics MacBook Pro's layout.

The Mac keyboard is basically a 60% with arrow keys, I guess, so this might not be super different:
https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,compact&pid=fc660c

Also, it's Topre

Offline Hiroyuki

« Reply #2962 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 14:54:35 »
I recently got my GoN NerD 108 (actually I made it a 109) and assembled it for use...
Finally the perfect keyboard for me... Ergo Clears, something akin to HHKB layout in a full size keyboard (I can't live without the numpad after working as a banker for some time), actually the layout is identical to a Sun type 5 unix version.
White side-LEDs, supposedly white backlight (appears more blue-greenish), but the current LEDs will eventually be replaced by something more white when I get too much time on my hands.

If only I had gotten the backlight LEDs from Gon when I ordered... (I ended getting some off ebay later, but turns out some dishonest Chinese person sold me something that appears to be factory reject LEDs... more than half had visible production errors, and 4 LEDs failed me after about 5 minutes use)

Keycaps are PBT DSAs from SP

109047-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 August 2015, 14:59:55 by Hiroyuki »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2963 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 15:25:24 »
I recently got my GoN NerD 108 (actually I made it a 109) and assembled it for use...
Finally the perfect keyboard for me... Ergo Clears, something akin to HHKB layout in a full size keyboard (I can't live without the numpad after working as a banker for some time), actually the layout is identical to a Sun type 5 unix version.
White side-LEDs, supposedly white backlight (appears more blue-greenish), but the current LEDs will eventually be replaced by something more white when I get too much time on my hands.

If only I had gotten the backlight LEDs from Gon when I ordered... (I ended getting some off ebay later, but turns out some dishonest Chinese person sold me something that appears to be factory reject LEDs... more than half had visible production errors, and 4 LEDs failed me after about 5 minutes use)

Keycaps are PBT DSAs from SP

(Attachment Link)

That board is beautiful, I really like the size and profile of it.

Offline Altis

« Reply #2964 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 16:44:53 »
Been using a DAS keyboard the last couple of days for a change since I've needed the numberpad for some work spreadsheets.

I bought it with all blank keys, then put the alphas from my QFR on there because they sound and feel better. I added the green keys and was starting to change the keys out entirely for the blank PBTs. I only ended up doing the ones you see in the photos, but then I left it like this for the past few days.

I've actually kind of come to like it. The profile of the PBT keys is Cherry while the rest are OEM, but otherwise, it looks kind of interesting. I even got a matching green towel to put underneath it.  :cool:

I've started to enjoy using the DAS again with MX Browns. I sort of lost interest in the board for quite a while but it's really not that bad.

Anyone else like some bizarre keycap combinations?
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 August 2015, 16:49:07 by Altis »
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2965 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 00:02:34 »
(Attachment Link)

Hmm, I'll have to try one out.  Even if it's not as perfect as Realforce et al, I'm sure it'll be worth a try.  :thumb:

Cool, thanks for the feedback.  Sounds fairly similar to what some say about the Novatouch (I'm not as bothered by the noise of the Novatouch as some others), but that ping comment bothers me.  :confused:  Hopefully it's just your imagination.  :))

So I swapped out the SA caps for my trusty leopold side print black pbt caps and my impression of the kludge has totally changed, first it was so easy to swap caps I couldn't believe it, second SA isn't my thing and totally didn't go well with this board and third this kludge is turning out to be a nice board, I like the feel, the look, the size, I thought about asking you if you wanted it but now I'm not so sure. :P

Offline invisuu

« Reply #2966 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 03:09:35 »
2x HHKBP2, 1x HHKB Type-S.

If anything, I'm thinking about switching out the 2x HHKBP2 for a second Type-S. I've tried many boards, from various Cherry switches to buckling spring and nothing comes even close to the typing experience the Type-S provides. Absolutely love this board.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2967 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 07:11:06 »

So I swapped out the SA caps for my trusty leopold side print black pbt caps and my impression of the kludge has totally changed, first it was so easy to swap caps I couldn't believe it, second SA isn't my thing and totally didn't go well with this board and third this kludge is turning out to be a nice board, I like the feel, the look, the size, I thought about asking you if you wanted it but now I'm not so sure. :P

Bahaha, I may just have to pick one up myself to try...Hmm...  :))  Did that ping go away with the cap change?

Offline raymogi

« Reply #2968 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 07:27:03 »
2x HHKBP2, 1x HHKB Type-S.

If anything, I'm thinking about switching out the 2x HHKBP2 for a second Type-S. I've tried many boards, from various Cherry switches to buckling spring and nothing comes even close to the typing experience the Type-S provides. Absolutely love this board.

This right here.

Have the same setup as you plus a 55g 87U but I'm still stuck to using the Type-S all the time.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #2969 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 07:34:26 »

back to the KBT Pure Pro (reds)!
such a cute board..

was hard to 'accept' it at first, after using a type-s realforce for a while.
plate-mounted cherries are just so harsh on the fingers, in comparison!

but after a few days i am just loving it again.
so cute! mahaha. ticketicketicke
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2015, 07:51:11 by Bucake »
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2970 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 08:44:41 »

Bahaha, I may just have to pick one up myself to try...Hmm...  :))  Did that ping go away with the cap change?
I do think it's better but I'd still like to take it apart and lube it.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #2971 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 09:02:03 »
(Attachment Link)

R5 is a slick set. Nice board Spamray!  :thumb:

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2972 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 11:08:28 »
(Attachment Link)

For looking at it, I love it and typing on it isn't all bad but I don't think SA caps do it for me.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2973 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 17:21:02 »
(Attachment Link)

For looking at it, I love it and typing on it isn't all bad but I don't think SA caps do it for me.

I have only tested SA on my Novatouch so far (as it is the only board I own atm). I must say it did really change the feeling of the board. I should be able to try it soon enough when I'll have all the part of my 60%.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #2974 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:32:18 »
(Attachment Link)

Can confirm. SA doesn't work with the topre clone sliders. They're just too heavy and the tactile bump just disappears. I've been using Triumph Adler caps on my Noppoo and they feel pretty nice.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Quackles

« Reply #2975 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 23:48:25 »
Just impulse bought a Realforce 87U 55g keyboard. It was the last black one left in Australia and I panicked and bought it. No regrets!

Just typed with it for an hour so far. Enjoying it more than my HHKB Pro 2. I am a bit of a heavy typist so the 55g topre is amazing.

Offline jd29

« Reply #2976 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 00:09:53 »
110272-0

My Focus is functional but the switches are so in need of lubrication they're practically unusable.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2977 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 04:32:10 »
My mum's Model M which I gave her as a present. Nice that I get to use it in the meantime ^^ .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2978 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 15:29:10 »
My pretty much NIB FK-2001 with Simplified White ALPS and winkeys. My work computer doesn't have PS2 so I have to use an AT to PS2 then PS2 to USB converter.

Aside from BS this is my favorite clicky switch. MX Blues just can't compare!!!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2979 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 15:34:55 »
ಠ_ಠ
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline aicrono

• A Touching Experience
« Reply #2980 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 17:00:37 »
I updated/cleaned up my Phantom today! I bought a lot of 4 MY keyboards on eBay that had OG Cherry WoB double shots and thought it would be a good idea to see how the look on my Phantom. Took out 5 switches around the nav cluster and moved the caps lock over to support the stepped caps lock key.

Unfortunately, the MY boards did not come with all of the keycaps that I needed so I had to substitute a few of them.
Decided to use a couple 1.5x keys from my Miami set and a 2.75x right shift key from my bag of crap from SP.

Before

After

I think it still turned out looking pretty good, considering the circumstances.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2981 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:47:07 »
(Attachment Link)

My Focus is functional but the switches are so in need of lubrication they're practically unusable.

I do use one of those with my Android tablet.  It works pretty well too.

Offline aklt

« Reply #2982 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 16:40:10 »
Wow, some really nice, and also some quite strange keyboards here!

I have my first real mechanical keyboard a Filco Majestouch TKL Ninja with MX-Browns:

110520-0

This is one of the best investments that I have made in a long time!  At first I was a bit estranged by the
funny clack sound but after an hour of writing and coding it really grew on me!  Having used it for a couple
of weeks now I am sure that I will have a hard time going back to a rubber dome keyboard.

I like to compare my experience to having used a really cheap and crappy musical instrument for a while and suddenly
having a really good instrument -- A world of difference and also realizing that a lot of bad habits have accumulated over
the years to compensate.

It is safe to say that my typing has improved more the last couple of weeks since I bought the keyboard than I would
have expected.  I have never been a particularly adept typist, so that is one thing I am quite surprised about!  :thumb: :D

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2983 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 20:16:07 »
I picked this up about a month ago, and just finally started to use it.  It had MX blues in it originally, but I swapped them with lubed gateron blacks.  I am incredibly happy with how the board turned out, these switches feel as smooth as butter.  The only minor complaint I have, is the gateron blanks are a bit whiter than the case.  It is more noticeable in different lighting, but it definitely bugs me enough to notice it constantly.  Eventually I will get a custom cable for it, and most likely a new controller down the road.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2984 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 20:23:20 »
I picked this up about a month ago, and just finally started to use it.  It had MX blues in it originally, but I swapped them with lubed gateron blacks.  I am incredibly happy with how the board turned out, these switches feel as smooth as butter.  The only minor complaint I have, is the gateron blanks are a bit whiter than the case.  It is more noticeable in different lighting, but it definitely bugs me enough to notice it constantly.  Eventually I will get a custom cable for it, and most likely a new controller down the road.

Show Image

So clean  :cool:

Offline raymogi

« Reply #2985 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 20:26:45 »
Been using my 55g 87U for a couple of days now and somehow I'm liking it more than the Pro 2.

Gonna give it a couple of days more before I go to my holy grail, the Type-S.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2986 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 20:35:42 »

Show Image

So clean  :cool:
Thanks man.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2987 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 20:44:52 »

Show Image

Looks great, white filcos are so cool, I already regret parting with mine.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2988 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 20:46:54 »

Show Image

My biggest regret, was getting the black Filco, over white, as my first mech.  When the opportunity came up to get it, I could not pass on it.  So far I am very happy with the purchase.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2989 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 21:11:57 »

Show Image

My biggest regret, was getting the black Filco, over white, as my first mech.  When the opportunity came up to get it, I could not pass on it.  So far I am very happy with the purchase.

Are, you, a, big, Shatner, Fan?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2990 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 21:14:43 »

Show Image

I didn't even realize.  Sometimes I can't comma right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #2991 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 22:13:13 »

Show Image

I didn't even realize.  Sometimes I can't comma right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only extraneous comma is after regret. The rest are okay, although you could have reworded the sentence a bit for clarity.

My boards:
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2992 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 22:39:03 »
your mothers are my keyboard

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #2993 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 22:49:42 »
your mothers are my keyboard
Is it like typing on a cloud of Topres?

My boards:
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2994 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 05:48:46 »

Show Image

Filco's white is slightly off white - compare with the colour of the keycaps.

KeyCool has (or had) a white that is whiter than white, and even included PBT keycaps.  I use that with a lot of keycap sets as they go really well with the white.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sami77

« Reply #2995 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 09:25:37 »
i-rocks K20

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #2996 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 09:36:01 »
Just impulse bought a Realforce 87U 55g keyboard. It was the last black one left in Australia and I panicked and bought it. No regrets!

Show Image

Just typed with it for an hour so far. Enjoying it more than my HHKB Pro 2. I am a bit of a heavy typist so the 55g topre is amazing.

That was a great impulse buy! Congrats!

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #2997 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 09:44:33 »
The Mac keyboard is basically a 60% with arrow keys, I guess, so this might not be super different:
https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,compact&pid=fc660c

I know all about that keyboard. It's close, but not quite there. I want separate function keys and for insert/delete to be page up/page down by default. I'd be using it at my office, so I can't install Karabiner or anything to remap them.

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #2998 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 11:09:14 »
I want separate function keys and for insert/delete to be page up/page down by default. I'd be using it at my office, so I can't install Karabiner or anything to remap them.

Hmm, dunno. A 60% board with function keys -- now you're getting into TKL territory I guess, right? Or building something custom...

Offline nycxandy

« Reply #2999 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 22:35:44 »
Just switched to a new FC750R from years with the variable 87U.  I'm liking these Cherry Reds.