Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2780070 times)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #3100 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:33:12 »
Back on my KUL with clears cause I just got GMK Cyrillic on it and it felt awesome!

I have GMK Cyrillic waiting for me when I get back from my work trip - can't wait to pair it up with some other GMK sets and see what I come up with

Was thinking of using my RGB or CMYW mods

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3101 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:34:52 »
Back on my KUL with clears cause I just got GMK Cyrillic on it and it felt awesome!

I have GMK Cyrillic waiting for me when I get back from my work trip - can't wait to pair it up with some other GMK sets and see what I come up with

Yeah it will look awesome with either for sure. I'm bummed I didn't get in on the GB a while ago. Was on the edge of buying it but at that time I don't have any GMK sets yet nor do I think of owning one.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3102 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:40:11 »

Yeah it will look awesome with either for sure. I'm bummed I didn't get in on the GB a while ago. Was on the edge of buying it but at that time I don't have any GMK sets yet nor do I think of owning one.

There's a GB on massdrop right now for GMK RGB mods with black legends - I think it finishes really soon though -get in while you can!

edit: how do i quote lol

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3103 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:47:34 »
Swapped out my royal kludge for a leopold.

112300-0

Offline GuilleAcoustic

« Reply #3104 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:15:11 »
I finally made an inline TTMK converter for my Apple M0110  :)):

The keyboard is yellowed, but it really matches the yellow from the ball (which is original colour). Next step it to make a definitive cable using a smaller AVR and a nicely sleeved cable.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3105 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 17:57:27 »

Show Image

The keyboard is yellowed, but it really matches the yellow from the ball (which is original colour). Next step it to make a definitive cable using a smaller AVR and a nicely sleeved cable.

Awesome looking combo, love yoir desk setup. I envy how orderly it all looks haha.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline suby4me

« Reply #3106 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 21:21:23 »
Sort of using both a HHKB and nova touch. After reading the thread about the tour and other reviews, I decided to give it a spin. Not bad so far.

current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #3107 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 21:27:42 »

Show Image

OMG this is pure amaze-balls. LOVE the set up, very classy. Now I need to go scour eBay for an  M0110!

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #3108 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 11:16:07 »
Sort of using both a HHKB and nova touch. After reading the thread about the tour and other reviews, I decided to give it a spin. Not bad so far.

Show Image

I get the F and J as homing keys, but why those particular numbers?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3109 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 11:38:46 »

(Attachment Link)

You got that from MK.com correct?  Have you checked to see if the spacebar uses stadard spacing?

I would really like to get a white FC750R with blues if they ever get them in stock.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline tararais

• Forum Justice Warrior
« Reply #3110 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 16:17:41 »
Got me an HHKB Type-S and a Realforce 23UB, lovely boards. My only gripe is that the copy/paste keys on the 23 work with key codes, so when I'm using Dvorak, they don't do anything (useful)! 
Also hi @HoffmanMyster ! I wish I could make more use of your board :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3111 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 16:43:38 »

(Attachment Link)

You got that from MK.com correct?  Have you checked to see if the spacebar uses stadard spacing?

I would really like to get a white FC750R with blues if they ever get them in stock.

Yes and the 900R has all standard spacing.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #3112 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 17:42:37 »
Filco Zero TKL with Tai Hao Dolch Alps keycaps, running through hasu's USB to USB converter (as all non-TMK keyboards should).

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline tararais

• Forum Justice Warrior
« Reply #3113 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 18:20:09 »

(Attachment Link)

Hey, I have the same mouse as you! Nice one.

Offline suby4me

« Reply #3114 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 20:00:12 »

Show Image

I get the F and J as homing keys, but why those particular numbers?

Ah, that was more of just my preference. I used those numbers to help determine where the other numbers are.
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3115 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 20:35:43 »
Got me an HHKB Type-S and a Realforce 23UB, lovely boards. My only gripe is that the copy/paste keys on the 23 work with key codes, so when I'm using Dvorak, they don't do anything (useful)! 
Also hi @HoffmanMyster ! I wish I could make more use of your board :p

Oh hey!  :D  That's kind of unfortunate about the 23UB.  :-/  Looks like you'll have to switch back to QWERTY!  :P

Offline garage_logician

« Reply #3116 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:39:43 »
Filco Zero TKL with Tai Hao Dolch Alps keycaps, running through hasu's USB to USB converter (as all non-TMK keyboards should).

Forgive me is this is a stupid question, what does the converter do?  I mean, I get it that it converts but usually from one connector to another.  I am trying to figure out what a USB to USB converter does.   I saw some mention of programming on the deskthority wiki, is it used to add layers to a keyboard or?  TMK is a firmware for the Teensy, right?  Does the converter add Teensy functionality to the keyboard?  Sorry for all the questions. 

Thanks!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #3117 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 22:31:16 »

Forgive me is this is a stupid question, what does the converter do?  I mean, I get it that it converts but usually from one connector to another.  I am trying to figure out what a USB to USB converter does.   I saw some mention of programming on the deskthority wiki, is it used to add layers to a keyboard or?  TMK is a firmware for the Teensy, right?  Does the converter add Teensy functionality to the keyboard?  Sorry for all the questions. 

Thanks!

You have the right idea. I don't want to hijack this thread, but feel free to expand the more tag in my signature and read my USB to USB converter. All your questions will be answered.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #3118 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 22:39:00 »

(Attachment Link)

What caps are those? They're like a mile thick!

My boards:
More

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #3119 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 22:46:56 »
KB Paradise V60 with matias quiet clicks, really like the quiet clicks!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #3120 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 23:00:41 »
KB Paradise V60 with matias quiet clicks, really like the quiet clicks!

Aren't they like typing on butter? I love them.

My boards:
More

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3121 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 23:14:16 »

(Attachment Link)

I think those are the Leopold Cherry profile PBT caps.     These -> http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/item.php&it_id=1404096898

More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #3122 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 23:17:28 »
still using 456 gt, have used it for 2 years already

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #3123 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 09:07:54 »
A KUL ES-87 that was modified to Cherry MX white switches and white LEDs for the scroll lock, caps lock, and left control. The guy who modded it was careful with selecting the individual switches so the board is 100% consistent in terms of tactile feel and sound. It currently has the stock keycaps and case, but I plan to swap that out for one of the white ones and use Hyperfuse GMK if and when my set ever ships.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #3124 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 09:12:47 »
At work I keep my first mech! CM Storm TK White case with mx reds. Its dressed up really well right now with some GMK that I recently purchase for my kustom in the works! Its perfect for my office with TKL size but included numpad that I need for accounting purposes

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3125 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 09:18:11 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I think those are the Leopold Cherry profile PBT caps.     These -> http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/item.php&it_id=1404096898

To add to that these are my favorite caps by far.

I once said I didn't like PBT and for the most part that is true but these caps are the exception. I originally bought a set of the caps off ebay from widebasket (http://www.ebay.com/sch/widebasket/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=) right now he doesn't have the black side print but he said he hoped to have more soon.

But this leopold 900R came with them so that made it a no brainier to buy, besides that I'm really enjoying typing on the keyboard. I've never cared for linear switches especially reds but so far I don't mind so much. This keyboard is very solid.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3126 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 09:21:23 »
At work I keep my first mech! CM Storm TK White case with mx reds. Its dressed up really well right now with some GMK that I recently purchase for my kustom in the works! Its perfect for my office with TKL size but included numpad that I need for accounting purposes

I've been enjoying every second using my RS96, my favorite layout so far. I got the keyboard craze so I'm trying to make plans to build another board relatively soon, still searching around for an un-assembled kustom though.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline eun

• Lunatic-hai eun .
« Reply #3127 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 06:48:28 »
I don't know if this thread will be relevant, but here goes...

I decided to switch to my Model M for now...loving the crunchiness.

I do like to use 356mini
switch / original vintage black, simplicity shim plate

356CL Alps blue/ 356CL DGE not assembled/ 356CL V2 not assembled/ 356L vintage black NO.10/60/ 356N turn gray/ 356N Mark2 wyseblack/ 356Mini vintage black/ 356Mini vintage brown/ 356Pad vintage black/ 456GT vintage white/ 360 Corsa not assembled/ Kinesis mockup vintage brown/ Koala vintage black/ Koala Alps green/ hhmx-LZ-hx vintage black/ wyse saver Ferrari vintage brown/ strongman Alps geen/ strongman Alps yellow/ DK saver vintage brown/ DK saver Alps pink/ G81-1800 vintage blue/ G81-1800 vintage black/ Next Keyboard Alps turn black

Offline samsam

« Reply #3128 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 11:26:02 »
At the moment i'm rocking the Leopold FC660M  :D
Got it from that Qtang guy....Had to pay a but load of VAT and customs for it like more than 35% extra !!! :-[

Also the key-caps provided SUCK like hell..the color is light grey and the printing is white almost invisible so i had to pay an extra $40 just to get a second set of key-caps..

But there is no one selling this board inside the EU..

My second board is a KUL ES-87 ..Nice board..Not as smooth  as the Leopold ..
And resonates and pings like a mofo  :'(

Kull customer support (if you can call it that) is awful there respons to a key squeaking was buy sum lube..
So buying a brand new keyboard with MX-clears for $150 doesn't eve mean nicely lubed keys..
And his respons to the pinging and resonating? Well just live with it..
perhaps i'l just buy sum of this material ..and try to get rid of the awful sound..
http://www.akoestiekwinkel.nl/stp-gold-geluidsisolerende-ontdreuningsplaten

i guess i have to learn more about self modding..and soldering..that's my number one dream being able to do stuf my self..

Take care all..Love this community .. :D :D :thumb: :thumb:

Offline kohi

« Reply #3129 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 03:50:08 »
More
Got it from that Qtang guy....Had to pay a but load of VAT and customs for it like more than 35% extra !!! :-[

Also the key-caps provided SUCK like hell..the color is light grey and the printing is white almost invisible so i had to pay an extra $40 just to get a second set of key-caps..

Kull customer support (if you can call it that) is awful there respons to a key squeaking was buy sum lube..
So buying a brand new keyboard with MX-clears for $150 doesn't eve mean nicely lubed keys..
perhaps i'l just buy sum of this material ..and try to get rid of the awful sound..

i guess i have to learn more about self modding..and soldering..that's my number one dream being able to do stuf my self..

yeah, pinging switches suck
I found out it's mostly due to the springs inside of the switches resonating with the metal plate on the upstroke
the only way I got rid of the noise on my board was by opening up the switches and lubing the springs :(
hopefully that material masks some of the noise... good luck man :thumb:

Offline knightjp

« Reply #3130 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 11:54:25 »

Show Image

Isn't that the keyboard that came with the original Mac?

Offline eun

• Lunatic-hai eun .
« Reply #3131 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:08:19 »
I don't know if this thread will be relevant, but here goes...

I decided to switch to my Model M for now...loving the crunchiness.

actually, i already wrote it. but, i wanna show my pic  ;D
these days, i using 356mini.

356CL Alps blue/ 356CL DGE not assembled/ 356CL V2 not assembled/ 356L vintage black NO.10/60/ 356N turn gray/ 356N Mark2 wyseblack/ 356Mini vintage black/ 356Mini vintage brown/ 356Pad vintage black/ 456GT vintage white/ 360 Corsa not assembled/ Kinesis mockup vintage brown/ Koala vintage black/ Koala Alps green/ hhmx-LZ-hx vintage black/ wyse saver Ferrari vintage brown/ strongman Alps geen/ strongman Alps yellow/ DK saver vintage brown/ DK saver Alps pink/ G81-1800 vintage blue/ G81-1800 vintage black/ Next Keyboard Alps turn black

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3132 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:34:44 »
I finally got around to taking my CODE (MX clears) into work, so I'm using that at work.

For a couple of hours I was using my Apple aluminium keyboard at home, while I was reinstalling OS X, but quickly swapped to my CODE (before I took it to work).

Then I used one of my SSKs for a week or so, until the sidelong glances from my SO started to get longer, and switched to my HHKB.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kohi

« Reply #3133 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 05:14:48 »
More
Show Image

actually, i already wrote it. but, i wanna show my pic  ;D
these days, i using 356mini.

what mousepad are you using?

Offline samsam

« Reply #3134 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 09:33:48 »
More

yeah, pinging switches suck
I found out it's mostly due to the springs inside of the switches resonating with the metal plate on the upstroke
the only way I got rid of the noise on my board was by opening up the switches and lubing the springs :(
hopefully that material masks some of the noise... good luck man :thumb:

Thx hojunski, i heard that be four about the lubing of springs..
Kind of strange that the reseller and Kul them selfs don't admit that the damm thing is not lubed..
Kul suggested i go out and buy this lube here.
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,misc&pid=mechlube_2

Tham its a new keyboard i expect it to be lubed and perfect. Also because KUL claim to be this perfect company..
Many people have complained about the pinging noise with the KUL..

I guess i'l start learning how to solder and take apart Cherry switches..

Thank god my Leopold is wisper quite.
112967-0

Offline kohi

« Reply #3135 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 09:44:27 »
More
Thx hojunski, i heard that be four about the lubing of springs..
Kind of strange that the reseller and Kul them selfs don't admit that the damm thing is not lubed..
Kul suggested i go out and buy this lube here.
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,misc&pid=mechlube_2

Tham its a new keyboard i expect it to be lubed and perfect. Also because KUL claim to be this perfect company..
Many people have complained about the pinging noise with the KUL..

I guess i'l start learning how to solder and take apart Cherry switches..

Thank god my Leopold is wisper quite.
(Attachment Link)

yeah, sadly I don't think any company sells their keyboards stock with lubed switches :( that would be nice though haha
and as for the mechlube 2.. it should really only be used for the stabilizers
if you ever decide to desolder your switches, use this to lube the springs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-SwissArmy-Multi-Tool-Oil-0-17-Fl-oz-5-ml-Bottle-4-3301-/380871539368?hash=item58adb67aa8

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #3136 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 03:48:24 »
After using RealForce 55G daily (about 14h/day) for over a year my hands have finally given up (got serious pain in ring and pinky in right hand). I'm back to fullsize Filco with MX Blues for now. On the weekend I'm going to mod by another Filco (tenkeyless) with Gateron Black switches. First I planned to use my last stock of Vintage Blacks but I decided to give gaterons a try. I do have a feeling though that I will end up with a hybrid between Cherry and Gateron in the end - to have best of both worlds I'll use Gateron cases and stems (which are made from smoother plastic), cherry brown/blue springs (which I find perfect in terms of force), and cherry leaf springs (for lower activation point).
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline zslane

« Reply #3137 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:26:07 »
Primary keyboards:
  • Home: Filco Majestouch-2 with MX reds and DSA Dolch keycaps.
  • Work: Filco Majestouch-2 with MX reds and SA Pulse keycaps.
  • iPad Air: Vortex Pok3r with MX reds and DSA Dolch keycaps.
As backups I have:
  • Home: Varmilo 108 with MX reds and SA Round4 SPH keycaps.
  • Work: Noppoo EC108 (45g) and generic white/gray DSA PBT keycaps (from Signature Plastics).
  • iPad Air: Vortex Pok3r with MX reds and DSA Granite keycaps.
Other:
  • Topre RealForce 104UK Hi-Pro
  • IBM Model M (circa 1993)
After my Round 5a keycaps arrive some time next year, some of the above configurations will change.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:16:35 by zslane »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3138 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 21:29:16 »
Testing out these Tai Hao ALPS caps on my V60 MTS-Q   

IMO way better then the stock caps.

More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline darkspider

« Reply #3139 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 08:48:59 »
I today shifted from IBM Model F AT to Brother's buckling spring keyboard(aka 5576-a01).
I'll use this stuff until I get an F77 this Xmas.
Extremely heavy touch, but still very good typing feels.
IBM Model F AT         Model M silver label    Model M gray label    Majestouch 2 Ninja

Brand New F62 Kishsaver / F77 Industrial Model F's made this year

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3140 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 08:58:18 »
Filco Tenkeyless with Browns.

Been really great so far, but I'm dying to know what other switches feel like so I've ordered some MX clears and blues.

Have not yet been converted to Topre.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3141 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 09:10:07 »
OG Cherry double shots, GON Nerd60 with ergo clears. It is my daily driver now, and it feels great and has a nice tock.

Offline kohi

« Reply #3142 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 09:24:30 »
OG Cherry double shots, GON Nerd60 with ergo clears. It is my daily driver now, and it feels great and has a nice tock.

Show Image

such a clean look :eek:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3143 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 09:26:22 »

Show Image

Lookin good.  I'm so sad the classic beige GB didn't happen.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3144 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 09:28:50 »

Show Image

In my humble opinion the beige set is one all time classic, that deserves the right to be in our boards as keyboard aficionados.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3145 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 09:43:39 »

Show Image

There's definitely a reason that when you see custom boards there is an incredibly high chance that they'll be rocking classic beige - it's just a timeless aesthetic

In my humble opinion the beige set is one all time classic, that deserves the right to be in our boards as keyboard aficionados.

Offline tofu28

« Reply #3146 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 19:05:39 »
I'm typing on my Realforce 87UW 55g. It really is a dream to type on. I'm currently waiting on a PBT Spacebar and Keykollectiv mods.

Offline dante

« Reply #3147 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 21:03:20 »
at work a dell kb-522, at home either lenovo chiclets or a tablet

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3148 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 22:03:27 »
I am using this keyboard!

I believe you already know that by now.  Nothing like a 102.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3149 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 22:09:49 »
I am using this keyboard!

Show Image

I believe you already know that by now.  Nothing like a 102.

Nice, it is a classic.