Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2780029 times)

Offline MajorMajor

• Mechanical Keyboard Enthusiast
    • Coding Supply
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #3150 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 09:51:25 »
Testing out a Rosewill Apollo

TKL / Clears / Dvorak / Flipped Space for Life / Best Programming Keyboards

Offline tararais

• Forum Justice Warrior
« Reply #3151 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 10:49:46 »
Got me an HHKB Type-S and a Realforce 23UB, lovely boards. My only gripe is that the copy/paste keys on the 23 work with key codes, so when I'm using Dvorak, they don't do anything (useful)! 
Also hi @HoffmanMyster ! I wish I could make more use of your board :p

Oh hey!  :D  That's kind of unfortunate about the 23UB.  :-/  Looks like you'll have to switch back to QWERTY!  :P

Managed to figure out AHK :p 
Away ye dirty QWERTY!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3152 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 12:04:19 »
Rotations between the LZ-SQ and the SSK lately.

FaceU is back into the closet for now, with the Nerd60, the 5k, the RS96.

I need to lighten my collection :x
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3153 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 14:20:02 »
My GON HHKB with 78g lubed gateron clears, I've really been enjoying linear lately.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3154 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 15:47:46 »
Stock HHKB Pro 2 - I'm scared I prefer this $200 board to my $400+ Gon

Offline MyBoolean

« Reply #3155 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 22:58:19 »
currently using  cmstorm mech. it is really bulky. eyeing to get a pok3r

Offline JiveMasterT

« Reply #3156 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 23:17:06 »
Switched over from a Das to a KUL ES-87.  It's amazing how much more solid the KUL feels than the the Das.  I'm really pleased with the build quality of these things.

Offline tararais

• Forum Justice Warrior
« Reply #3157 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 03:09:58 »
Stock HHKB Pro 2 - I'm scared I prefer this $200 board to my $400+ Gon

I'm scared of the opposite, but I hope that I will love both. GON coming in next week probably, we shall see..

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3158 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 00:11:41 »
Possibly the last day that I use my GON at work depending if Canada Post is nice to me or not
I love Elzy

Offline tararais

• Forum Justice Warrior
« Reply #3159 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 00:12:57 »
Possibly the last day that I use my GON at work depending if Canada Post is nice to me or not

You.. you have found something to SURPASS the GON?  :eek: :eek:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3160 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 00:13:33 »

No I got a Lightsaver, I need the tenkey to do data. I'll keep the GON as a LAN board I guess.
I love Elzy

Offline tararais

• Forum Justice Warrior
« Reply #3161 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 00:14:40 »

No I got a Lightsaver, I need the tenkey to do data. I'll keep the GON as a LAN board I guess.

Ah, the conqueror of all photoshoots, emitter of all LEDs! Hope to see some pictures, they look amazing.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3162 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 00:35:30 »

Ah, the conqueror of all photoshoots, emitter of all LEDs! Hope to see some pictures, they look amazing.

Waiting on leds from china to swap out but I gotta retake pictures of all my boards eventually :)
I love Elzy

Offline Altis

« Reply #3163 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 01:36:11 »
Having a go with the HHKB at long last. The layout is fun, but the sounds of the center-most keys are super clackey compared with the rest and it sounds a little odd when typing.

For some CS GO I use the black QFR pictured here with MX Red. The backplate is red, though you can't see it in the photos.

Each one has four different tones of thick PBT keycaps.  :cool: I had to put the light colored caps in the bottom-right corner of the QFR because I struggle to pick the right button for changing teams and classes in some games. It's easy to use them when typing, but picking them out at random isn't as easy to do quickly.

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 October 2015, 01:39:18 by Altis »
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline tararais

• Forum Justice Warrior
« Reply #3164 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 02:32:53 »

Waiting on leds from china to swap out but I gotta retake pictures of all my boards eventually :)

Excellent, looking forward to it. 

Having a go with the HHKB at long last. The layout is fun, but the sounds of the center-most keys are super clackey compared with the rest and it sounds a little odd when typing.

Sorry, I just can't take you seriously after you refused to believe that black and white keys were made the same.

Offline Magna224

« Reply #3165 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 02:58:00 »
I just got a novatouch today. Threw on my vortex PBTs and waiting for lube + EK landingpads in mail. I like it though! I was worried it would let me down as a TKL replacement of my 103UB but it didn't dissapoint.
If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3166 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 04:15:47 »

Show Image

For some CS GO I use the black QFR pictured here with MX Red. The backplate is red, though you can't see it in the photos.

Each one has four different tones of thick PBT keycaps.  :cool: I had to put the light colored caps in the bottom-right corner of the QFR because I struggle to pick the right button for changing teams and classes in some games. It's easy to use them when typing, but picking them out at random isn't as easy to do quickly.

Show Image

Beautiful keyboards, bro.

I love that all your keyboards are a crossover and mix of Black, White, Grey, and hints of Red <3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3167 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 04:31:50 »
Show Image

I just love the layout on those two keyboards :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Altis

« Reply #3168 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 10:10:24 »

I love that all your keyboards are a crossover and mix of Black, White, Grey, and hints of Red <3

Thanks!

There will be even more beige/grey and red accents when these show up:

WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3169 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 17:42:04 »
Just finished putting my Model F back together. ANSI at last  :D
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3170 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 18:29:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

I can't wait to get my sets from Ivan.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #3171 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 19:16:31 »

Thanks!

Show Image

Show Image

Damn, where'd you get those? Were they an Ivan thing?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3172 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 17:48:16 »
Posting this here now because by tomorrow's end, I won't have it anymore ..... T________________T

Gotta keep it documented here to help me verify it actually happened.

More photos here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35864.msg1898896#msg1898896

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3173 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 02:30:03 »
Just finished putting my Model F back together. ANSI at last  :D

Any pics, notes or build log?

I have a Model M 122 that I'll be converting from ISO to ANSI, and the more info I can get the easier it should be.

There are a few guides around already, but I like as much information as I can get :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #3174 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 10:06:02 »
Now typing on recently arrived Keycool (refitted with some backlight friendly PBT). So far, Kailh Blue feel just like MX Blue, and they all click properly...
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline Altis

« Reply #3175 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 10:41:54 »

Thanks!

Show Image

Show Image

Damn, where'd you get those? Were they an Ivan thing?

Yeah, Ivan's PBT4 group buy. Shouldn't be too much longer, I'm hoping!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3176 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 02:17:12 »
Still using my GON NerD60 with 62g lubed Clears, and TA GMK.  I did get a MKC case.

More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3177 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 04:55:15 »
Still using my GON NerD60 with 62g lubed Clears, and TA GMK.  I did get a MKC case.

Show Image

Nice board!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3178 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 05:19:21 »

Show Image

Nice board!

Thanks  :)
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline tararais

• Forum Justice Warrior
« Reply #3179 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 00:35:59 »

Show Image

Lovely board! I'll be getting a GON TKL with stock clears hopefully tomorrow (USPS please), will post some pictures.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3180 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 04:48:44 »
Still CODE MX clear at work.

Now QFR MX black with Tai Hao orange/black keycaps at home.

Offline r0yal

« Reply #3181 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 15:14:26 »
ISO-DE Model M from '97.
ISO-DE Model M "Granny Smith"

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3182 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 17:20:18 »
HP Probook keyboard - not that bad - has similar tactility to a MBP

Offline lootbag

« Reply #3183 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 03:16:27 »
Been using an HHKB for half a decade as well as the trusty lenovo W520 keyboard, both have served me well.
Recently started visiting GH again, which was probably a bad idea for my wallet.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #3184 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 03:40:19 »
Been using an HHKB for half a decade as well as the trusty lenovo W520 keyboard, both have served me well.
Recently started visiting GH again, which was probably a bad idea for my wallet.

Show Image

WB to the dark side :)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3185 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 03:56:21 »

Show Image

Welcome back!

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #3186 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:44:01 »

New to the topre/mechanical keyboard world. Tried the HHKB JP first, but the staggering was just too weird and I couldn't get used to it so I broke down and bought this one.
Custom KC60

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #3187 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 23:20:48 »
After using my KUL with mx clears for 3 months

I have my brand new KC60 with Gateron blacks

I just wish i got the dyesub keycaps  :(

Offline dutC4

« Reply #3188 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 23:36:08 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 15:30:16 by dutC4 »

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #3189 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 04:06:43 »
My fingers are relieved now. Using Code Keyboard 87 with Vintage MX Black, modded with 62G gold Korean springs, and loving every keystroke!
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3190 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 07:52:04 »
Went through a period about 2 weeks ago when my HHKB felt like heaven - now back on my Nerd60 with ergo clears and I don't ever want to leave them.....

Is it possible to be in love with two keyboards at the same time?

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3191 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 07:53:19 »
Went through a period about 2 weeks ago when my HHKB felt like heaven - now back on my Nerd60 with ergo clears and I don't ever want to leave them.....

Of course.

I can't never be separated from my SSK and 55g HHKB.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3192 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 08:10:04 »

Of course.

I can't never be separated from my SSK and 55g HHKB.

The problem is when I change from one to the other I go through a few hours of hating both boards

Offline Draxor

• Generic Idiot
« Reply #3193 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 08:56:12 »
I'm using a V80 with clears as my main board and a Noppoo Nano 75 S modded with 67g clears (+ mx grey spacebar and gateron yellow on FN) on my HTPC which I love since it doubles as mouse

I got some gateron blues on the way and am still not sure what to do with them since I don't plan on desoldering the noppoo again... maybe on a different board (or a second 75 S)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #3194 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 12:50:12 »
I have been switching between my Code v2 TKL w/ clears and my Poker II w/ blues
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline briancvrrbs

« Reply #3195 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 16:11:01 »
Currently using my lovely Varmilo VB87M with Cherry MX Blacks and GMK Dolch  :thumb:

I have another Varmilo coming in from Massdrop, the wired version with Gateron Browns this time though...and another custom SPriT Board  :))
It seems that I have been firmly engrossed in this hobby enough to transcend the logic of only needing one KB lol

Offline hyp36rmax

« Reply #3196 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 16:25:21 »
At home on main rig I'm currently using a Cooler Master Quickfire XTi Green, Rapid-i Blue, and in the office a Quickfire XT Brown.
Cooler Master Rapid Stealth (Brown) |  Rapid-i (Blue) | XT (Brown) | XTi (Green) | XTi (Blue) | Novatouch TKL (Topre) | Topre RealForce 104UB (Topre)

Offline jet2686

« Reply #3197 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 16:30:39 »
Jumping back and forth between fc660c and varmillo 87 with cherry browns.

Meanwhile i have a fc660m sitting there as the topre started growing on me.

What is it about the varmillo that makes typing so fking great?

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #3198 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 16:36:07 »
I recently put some o-rings on my Ducky YoTG with blacks to see if I would enjoy it. I thought the o-rings would make them much more enjoyable to type on, but I can't decide if I like the result. I can say without a doubt, that o-rings on mx-greens is NOT for me. Waiting for my Zealios to arrive so I can put them on my Pok3r.

Offline Kola93

« Reply #3199 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:41:18 »
Filco TKL with MX Reds. After all these years, Filcos are still great keyboards. ^-^