Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2779933 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #3200 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:43:44 »
Been using an HHKB for half a decade as well as the trusty lenovo W520 keyboard, both have served me well.
Recently started visiting GH again, which was probably a bad idea for my wallet.

Show Image

Don't let your wallet become comfortable with you being here, so begin immediately teaching her who the boss is by getting in as many buys as possible.

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #3201 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:02:11 »
Ducky Shine Mini with clears. Though I switched off from my G2 Pro with MX Blues recently.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #3202 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:11:34 »
FC660C.. Best Keyboard EVER!!!!!!!

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3203 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:14:20 »

I really want to try one of these. Big fan of the layout. Never tried a Topre board before.

Right now I've been using my Logitech G910. I had pretty much exclusively used my Poker II, but my wife has needed to use my PC and she doesn't like the blank caps.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #3204 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:22:42 »

I really want to try one of these. Big fan of the layout. Never tried a Topre board before.

Right now I've been using my Logitech G910. I had pretty much exclusively used my Poker II, but my wife has needed to use my PC and she doesn't like the blank caps.

Got mine in a recent trade, first topre board as well and to be honest I was a little skeptical. But as soon as I started typing on it all skepticism was lost. I wouldn't hesitate to get this board again.

Offline briancvrrbs

« Reply #3205 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 01:48:02 »

Got mine in a recent trade, first topre board as well and to be honest I was a little skeptical. But as soon as I started typing on it all skepticism was lost. I wouldn't hesitate to get this board again.

Hmmmmm...I may have three keyboards already..but I guess I may just have to get one of these FC660C to complete the set  :p

Offline mougrim

« Reply #3206 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 05:45:12 »
Logitech K120 on work PC. K is for Krap.
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #3207 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 06:55:53 »
Going through my first day at work with ultralight (62g Korean gold) vintage mx blacks and loving it! They're like a direct connection between the brain and the terminal. Typing is so effortless and you can feel a gentle raise in pressure under the fingers before bottoming out so it's actually quite easy to type without pressing all the way to the bottom. I also tried to switch to my other keyboards and those are the thoughts:
1) Filco with Gateron Blacks feels hard. keycaps are PBT though so it may be part of the reason. It feels cold and hard, debounces quicker but also due to different force slope on those switches it's actually easier to bottom out. They're also a bit scratchier.
2) Model M feels as tactile as never, and surprisingly not that heavy at all, but it feels very scratchy especially on modifiers. This is weird because it always felt as smooth as my Topre, better than MX Blue Filco I have.
3) Filco with MX Blue feels very heavy and tactile. Kind of weird, feels heavier than IBM but less tactile, funny :)
4) Topre 55G feels almost impossible to press, so heavy. Possibly due to all resistance being on top. After overcoming this initial resistance it crashes my fingers on bottom. I can feel this is where my RSI pains are coming from. Hard bottoming out on the plate of RealForce :( I doubt I will be able to use this keyboard in near future. After typing one minute speedtest, pain in my fingers was already killing me. I do appreciate its low profile, super nice keycaps (I've got the PBT spacebar for it), thock and super smooth key action, but still. It hurts me :(
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3208 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 07:00:17 »

Hmmm, noted. What were you using before just out of interest? I've only had experience with MX for now.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #3209 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:16:25 »
My favorite keyboard in my collection, I don't see that changing anytime soon:
Cherry G81-3077 With Leeku 3000MX PCB, 65g Nixdorf blacks, and original cherry PBT.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #3210 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:49:10 »
KC60 with MX Greens that I finally got all my stuff for.

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Bucake

« Reply #3211 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:44:47 »
Cherry G81-3077 With Leeku 3000MX PCB, 65g Nixdorf blacks, and original cherry PBT.
Show Image

wow, orange plate? i've always wanted to paint some of my plates orange.. such a badass color!

or.. is it red? :D
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #3212 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:36:50 »
Show Image

wow, orange plate? i've always wanted to paint some of my plates orange.. such a badass color!

or.. is it red? :D
No plate!
The Leeku 3000 PCB is red.  :thumb:
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline linuxhermit

« Reply #3213 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:42:48 »
I've been using an MK84 w/Greetech Blues for the past week, and really enjoying it.
87UW45FC660C EW

Offline Butter

« Reply #3214 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:29:32 »
Varmilo VA87MR with Gateron black. So much better then MX Black

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #3215 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:45:26 »
Topre KeyKollectiv Snackeys just came in today so I'm using my HHKB! Though I just put Hyperfuse on my Poker II so it's been hard to decide which one I want to type on. It's nice having the option between cherry and topre.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #3216 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 00:43:52 »

Hmmm, noted. What were you using before just out of interest? I've only had experience with MX for now.

Leopold w/ mx red (work) and CM Storm w/ Browns (home). Both are great,  but I don't think I could boast enough about this board.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3217 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 02:21:58 »
Leopold w/ mx red (work) and CM Storm w/ Browns (home). Both are great,  but I don't think I could boast enough about this board.

Yeah, to me it looks like a good compromise between TKL and 60%. What are the two buttons in the top right hand corner for? I have never bothered to look it up.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #3218 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 02:26:50 »
456 gt with browns, not liking browns, but liking everything else :)

Offline sitch

« Reply #3219 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:37:48 »
Using topre variable weight now, planning to shift all the 45g towards the 60% and the rest to Functions roll and the other side keys.

Making a ergodox now too with ergo clear 62g switches but i burnt one pcb, going to get replacement from taobao

Offline theginginator

« Reply #3220 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 13:09:01 »
HHKB with keykollectiv topre mod set and soon to have snackeys basket as my travel board for class. I use a Noppoo EC108-Pro with 35g switches at home when gaming/poker 2 with blues when typing. xbox controller mostly right now for my rocket league addiction  :thumb:

Offline Bucake

« Reply #3221 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 14:21:25 »
No plate!
The Leeku 3000 PCB is red.  :thumb:

ah, makes sense!
always digged the red PCBs. i've never owned a board with one, booo!

such a nice blue! totally digging this look.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Tactile

« Reply #3222 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 11:22:15 »
A couple of weeks ago Newegg had a deep discount in the Logitech G710, so I grabbed one. I'm liking it quite a lot. I haven't thought of a use for the macro keys yet, tho. In all, it's a pretty nice keyboard for the fifty bucks I paid.
REΛLFORCE

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #3223 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 11:31:45 »
A couple of weeks ago Newegg had a deep discount in the Logitech G710, so I grabbed one. I'm liking it quite a lot. I haven't thought of a use for the macro keys yet, tho. In all, it's a pretty nice keyboard for the fifty bucks I paid.
Best buy also had the sale, but only for a weeken.  I tried one of these at walmart just recently and it's probably my favorite 'cherry blue' type board.  If it was $30 I might be tempted.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #3224 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 11:39:27 »
can't switch from this keyboard for a long time (Dolch PAC modded - 65g lubed linears) :cool:

2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline gabba-gool

« Reply #3225 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 11:55:48 »
POK3R with clears.

Offline r0yal

« Reply #3226 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:03:09 »
UPDATE! I'll be using an ISO WASD TKL (hopefully modded to 65g Purple Zealios) after Christmas!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ISO-DE Model M "Granny Smith"

Offline Ryukuxyz

• VE.A!!!
« Reply #3227 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:13:06 »
Winkeyless B.87 with Clears and GMK Hyperfuse :)

Offline MeltingTeeth

« Reply #3228 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 17:12:48 »
HHKB!

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #3229 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 22:33:17 »

Not a bad board. I picked one up myself with Gateron blacks a while back. I went with the white case and mint green side-printed keycaps. It looks really nice but I don't like the fact that it's Windows-only and non-programmable.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #3230 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 15:13:07 »

Not a bad board. I picked one up myself with Gateron blacks a while back. I went with the white case and mint green side-printed keycaps. It looks really nice but I don't like the fact that it's Windows-only and non-programmable.

Hmm, mine's plugged in at work to a dumb terminal, so therefore Linux. Never tried it on OSX, but if it works on Linux, chances are...

Here's the bastardized Novatouch I'm currently using (bought it from a GHer cheap, as its missing the top half of the case):

Mixture of Topre and Novatouch MX sliders. HHKB alphas, Cherry POM everything else, minus the artisan caps. And the PBT spacebar from... my Pok3r I believe. :)

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #3231 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 16:21:43 »
Topre HiPro at work. It makes me excited to go to work every day  :p
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Bucake

« Reply #3232 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 08:01:56 »
Here's the bastardized Novatouch I'm currently using (bought it from a GHer cheap, as its missing the top half of the case):

but... those windows keys.........

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3233 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 08:11:09 »
Logitech K800

It's arguably a great keyboard (apart from not being ErgoDox). The backlight is much much better than anything MX-compatible can dream of, and these particular Perfect Stroke scissor switches with spherical keycaps feel awesome… bottoming out isn't particularly harsh either. I just wish it wasn't fullsize. Obviously, I could switch to one of the more compact models (such as K810, TK820 which I actually have too, or K830), but those have shorter travel and harsher landing for some reason.

Offline yowaffle

« Reply #3234 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 11:46:36 »
Right now I'm using a Ducky Shine 4 because I just got the Hyperfuse set. One of the few sets that I prefer on full sized boards over TKL or 60%s
V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3235 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:06:21 »

Finally trying out a hi-pro.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #3236 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:26:04 »
Show Image

Is it amazing...cause it looks amazing. I have always wanted to try one of those out.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline W_hinklebottom

« Reply #3237 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:31:41 »
I am using my 55g HHKB now with more snackeys! The other boards I have don't see a lot of desk time

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3238 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:32:14 »
Show Image

Is it amazing...cause it looks amazing. I have always wanted to try one of those out.
I think I'll like it better with a silencing mod.

The caps are interesting and definitely will take getting used to, they feel weird.

It's oddly light and I'm thinking a 55g mod would have been worthwhile but I already sold those boards.

So far I'm undecided.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3239 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:34:03 »
Show Image

That's a pretty interesting board.  I always thought Topres were just those 60% boards.  It looks so nonchalant.  Does it feel like the usual Topres?  How much do those things run?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3240 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:36:10 »
Show Image

That's a pretty interesting board.  I always thought Topres were just those 60% boards.  It looks so nonchalant.  Does it feel like the usual Topres?  How much do those things run?
This is my 3rd full size Topre board and they also have tkl sized boards and separate number pads.

So far this one feels lighter to me.

One of my other ones that I'm taking back home.

« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:42:54 by SpAmRaY »

Offline mszy52

« Reply #3241 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 17:04:59 »
I recently bought a corsair strafe with brown's but for the past few months i have been using an e-3lue offbranded kailh red switch board

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3242 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 17:53:31 »
Show Image

This is my 3rd full size Topre board and they also have tkl sized boards and separate number pads.
Link where to buy?  That board you're taking home is nice too!

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #3243 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 18:38:36 »
On a Year of the Goat. Will probably switch to a Model M or F by the end of the year

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #3244 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 02:58:51 »
now im typing use my KUL ES-87 Green MX :p

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #3245 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:47:48 »
im swithcing it up between these two badboys.

Offline clochette

« Reply #3246 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:54:44 »
have been with filco since i got into mechs

tried the blackwidow tournament edition in blue switches

now back to filco browns.. now undecided between the wide array of switches  :mad:

Offline yowaffle

« Reply #3247 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:40:17 »
Right now I'm using a Ducky Shine 4 because I just got the Hyperfuse set. One of the few sets that I prefer on full sized boards over TKL or 60%s

Now I'm using a KC60 with Zealios! Keyboards are so much fun  :p
V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline yomammary

« Reply #3248 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:17:28 »
IBM SSK at home and a RF87U-55g at work.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3249 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:21:01 »
Show Image

That is an absolutely beautiful board!!! If that was in my collection, I'd be hard pressed to not say it's my favorite too. So good, mang.

Very jelly!

KC60 with MX Greens that I finally got all my stuff for.

Show Image

That's really damn good lookin'. Really love the theme, and the transparency of those caps are strangely enticing.

can't switch from this keyboard for a long time (Dolch PAC modded - 65g lubed linears) :cool:

Show Image

1800 = win win win ... x100

Show Image

I've always wanted to try that keyboard so bad. It just seems like it would be the ultimate work horse keyboard. My experience with SA profile caps is they always make the keyboard sound and feel better. It probably feels slightly lighter too because of the heavier caps. Hnnnggg. I must try some day. I know that if I am ever required a keyboard for an office, it'd be that or a silenced uniform 45g Realforce fullsize.