Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2779861 times)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #3450 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 22:02:41 »
Been dying to use my SSK again but still waiting for that damn converter from Techkeys to arrive.

I actually received the replacement controller from Maxx but I'm a bit lazy to open up my SSK, and the fact that I don't have the necessary tool yet. It's on its way as well.

Is there a Lowes nearby?  You can get a 5.5mm deep socket there.
Thank you for posting this!  I was wondering where I could find a socket that will fit since the case is so narrow.

Is the 5.5mm the same as a 'normal' bit size for a cordless screwdriver?

It is a standard 1/4" socket.  You will need an adapter to the socket, if you don't already have one.

Gotcha.  Actually what I was asking if the 5.5mm part of that bit is the same size as opposite end on the dewalt 1/4" adapter you posted.  If so, then I might have a driver that is already 5.5mm. :)

It is a deep narrow socket.  If you look closely at the socket, it is tapered.  That is so it will fit inside the deep impression to get to the screw.  If you try using a "standard" deep socket, it won't fit.
So I have one of these that can plug into that dewalt adapter, but if that size is also 5.5mm, then I can use the driver directly.  So what I was asking is if that other end of the dewalt is also 5.5mm?
Show Image

What are you talking about?  You have a 5.5mm driver and you want to know the difference?  BIG difference to that one.  You put that thing in the socket, and you will tear up the socket with that animal.
The socket I showed WILL work properly and you won't have that problem at all.

There's a standard size that bits like the dewalt use.  Some companies are smart and make their screws this exact same size so that the universal drivers designed to hold bits can just be used directly with the screw.  So then one can use something like what I posted previously, but because of the narrow channel of the M's case, something like the following would also work if the size is the same as this standard size. 

I'm not sure if it's 5.5mm.  That's what I'm wondering about.  I don't have the tools here or I'd just try it on my own M to see if everything fits.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3451 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 22:17:36 »
There's a standard size that bits like the dewalt use.  Some companies are smart and make their screws this exact same size so that the universal drivers designed to hold bits can just be used directly with the screw.  So then one can use something like what I posted previously, but because of the narrow channel of the M's case, something like the following would also work if the size is the same as this standard size. 
Show Image

I'm not sure if it's 5.5mm.  That's what I'm wondering about.  I don't have the tools here or I'd just try it on my own M to see if everything fits.

Okay.  If you have a 1/4" socket wrench, you can directly hook it to that.  If you have a 1/4" socket DRIVER, you need something like this:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3453 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 23:19:35 »
I bought one of these for my SSK.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T9SD9W?colid=34G8LYPGVDI7Z&coliid=I3M7W2454MC3XA&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

It's all good.  I think that SamirD was speaking a different language than I understood.  All I was talking about was getting a deep socket that works fine. 

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3454 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 23:25:01 »
Show Image

Okay.  If you have a 1/4" socket wrench, you can directly hook it to that.  If you have a 1/4" socket DRIVER, you need something like this:
What I'm talking about isn't a socket driver, but a bit driver.  It's actually a type of driver that you could just connect to the other end of the dewalt adapter besides a cordless drill or standard drill chuck.  I think it's just something that would have to be illustrated to make sense.  I've done such a poor job of describing it in words. :(

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3455 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 23:26:50 »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T9SD9W?colid=34G8LYPGVDI7Z&coliid=I3M7W2454MC3XA&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl
This is essentially what I'm talking about.  Except if the screws are a standard bit size (which may or may not be 5.5mm), then a standard bit driver will work fine as long as there's proper clearance in the hole.  I'll check this out sometime as I know I've opened our original M before and had the tools to do it...somewhere...

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3456 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 23:28:21 »

This is essentially what I'm talking about.  Except if the screws are a standard bit size (which may or may not be 5.5mm), then a standard bit driver will work fine as long as there's proper clearance in the hole.  I'll check this out sometime as I know I've opened our original M before and had the tools to do it...somewhere...

I seriously gave up on explaining the deep socket.  It fits.  It works. 
This picture shows the reason for the tapered barrel.
You don't need a T-Bar or Spinner or DeWalt Adapter to use it either.  The existing plastic mount for the socket works just fine as it is!

Edit:
And if you are asking if a standard 1/4" hex adapter will fit, because of the size? It won't fit. That would be 8/32" instead of 7/32". The thing won't fit in the socket at all. It would be too big.
I think that answers your question about it fitting or not.

Of course you could grab a good trilogy of 5 books to read in the future, and find another adapter for the adapter.  Oh praise those in middle management!
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 December 2015, 12:47:39 by Snowdog993 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3457 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 23:03:31 »
Forgot how much I loved my 4704. Spent a while trying to rotate in some other boards but this feels like my keyboard home.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3458 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 19:55:40 »
Realforce 87u 55g - this keyboard is so amazing I want to make sweet sweet love to it

Offline E3E

« Reply #3459 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:01:10 »
My good old FAME GOG3YLTH-5539, or just FAME TH-5539, as I like to call it. FAME always has to be capitalized! :)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3460 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:01:20 »
Realforce 87u 55g - this keyboard is so amazing I want to make sweet sweet love to it

I know this feel and empathize strongly, but I won't believe you until I see videos.

Links or it's fake.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3461 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:07:54 »

EASY killer, this is a family friendly forum..Let's keep it Walt Disneyisk, if you will.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3462 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:27:25 »

EASY killer, this is a family friendly forum..Let's keep it Walt Disneyisk, if you will.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3463 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:28:35 »
I've been overridden, by THE Hoffinator!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3464 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:29:02 »

I know this feel and empathize strongly, but I won't believe you until I see videos.

Links or it's fake.

brb making timestamp

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3465 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:30:51 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3467 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 23:39:34 »
While I can get away with it, my QFS with MX greens and JTK WoB.

Clicky, but not up to BS levels.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3468 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 23:42:29 »
Back to HHKB because I don't really like the 55g and the layout. HHKB layout is the best  :p

Offline E3E

« Reply #3469 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 00:05:19 »
So I rotated from Hammer Alps Eagle, to the Octagon, to the FAME, with a light spin back to a Dell AT101, and now back to the Hammer.  Ahh, the FAME is nice with its blue alps, but I think Alps SKCL greens are probably my overall favorite switch. The lightness is just so nice and gentle and yet so smooth. I <3 linears.

After an extended bit of use with the Octagon w/ 62g lubed vintage blacks, coming back to these green Alps makes me appreciate them even more. For a while, I didn't know which I preferred, but now I definitely know. :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2015, 00:07:36 by E3E »

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3470 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 00:08:39 »
So I rotated from Hammer Alps Eagle, to the Octagon, to the FAME, with a light spin back to a Dell AT101, and now back to the Hammer.  Ahh, the FAME is nice with its blue alps, but I think Alps SKCL greens are probably my overall favorite switch. The lightness is just so nice and gentle and yet so smooth. I <3 linears.

After an extended bit of use with the Octagon w/ 62g lubed vintage blacks, coming back to these green Alps makes me appreciate them even more. For a while, I didn't know which I preferred, but now I definitely know. :)
What switch do you have on the octagon bro?

Offline E3E

« Reply #3471 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 00:24:39 »

Haha, I just mentioned it. :P Vintage MX Blacks with 62g SPRiT gold springs, stickered (gold), lubed, SIP socketed (gold), with pledge-modded Gateron clear switch tops. That was a lot to write about a single switch, lol.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3472 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 00:27:20 »

Haha, I just mentioned it. :P Vintage MX Blacks with 62g SPRiT gold springs, stickered, lubed, SIP socketed, with pledge-modded Gateron clear switch tops. That was a lot to write about a single switch, lol.
I plan on searching for the great green alps but alas there are no one selling it. The smoothness on the cherry black vs the green which one do you prefer?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #3473 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 00:31:40 »
Logitech G410

Romer Geeeeeeeeee

Offline E3E

« Reply #3474 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 00:44:30 »

Haha, I just mentioned it. :P Vintage MX Blacks with 62g SPRiT gold springs, stickered, lubed, SIP socketed, with pledge-modded Gateron clear switch tops. That was a lot to write about a single switch, lol.
I plan on searching for the great green alps but alas there are no one selling it. The smoothness on the cherry black vs the green which one do you prefer?

They are a little hard to find, but if you can get a proxy for TaoBao, there's a few green Alps boards on there right now. I prefer Green Alps but not just for the smoothness, but also for the lightness, high actuation and shorter travel distance for Alps.

• Green Alps are closest to MX red switches, they aren't the best match to compare to vintage MX black unless you're using 55g springs
  • Yellow Alps feel very very similar in weight to 62g linears
  • The unicorn Brown linear Alps feel like they would be closest to a stock vintage MX black switch and actuate at around 60-65g

I tested this with a Linear Zealio, which I think is almost just as smooth as a vintage MX black.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2015, 00:46:34 by E3E »

Offline samsam

« Reply #3475 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 13:48:11 »
Tex Yoda with 65g Zealio
Show Image

Awesome looking keyboard..
Wanted to know about your wrist rest what kind are you using.? Did you build it your self?
Is it oiled or lacquered ?
Because i got a nice looking one from china yesterday got and it sas Royal Glam on the underside complete with logo.
Velt great but began to show my body oils after using it one day.
so at first i tried sum ikea cutting board oil i had laying around but that didn't really help. So i bought a lacquer roller and sum nice lacquer and applied one layer.
It looks good but have to admit i miss the nice wood grain feel..
well i could always just sand it of carefully and or ask for a second one as my christmas present .. hahhha

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #3476 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 13:55:38 »
IBM F XT. Makes typing on an M feel a bit "meh" when compared side by side.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline samsam

« Reply #3477 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 13:59:24 »
wow best looking keyboard i have seen in a while..

Tried to do thee same but need sum more key-caps to be as cool as that one ..Like the color my compliments ..
And the ergo clears probably feels awesome..i have a KUL ES-87 that squeaking noises on the enter and shift key..
But KUL sas it's because i don't use the thin stock ABS key-caps that shine true after 10 seconds of usage hahaha..

Got my self a couple of double shot Vortex pbt keycaps from massdrop and they feel out of this world..
Making a couple of nice combo's but now i have to remove my nice set on the KUL ES-87 and see how that feels and if the noises go away ..

Did you do the ERGO mod you'r self..
I looked around for a nice desoldering/soldering kit..and found a nice kit from Weller ,,but way way to expensive for me now. $1300
http://www.amazon.com/Apex-Tool-Group-Weller-2020/dp/B00B9DHVNQ

Lubed and stickered ergo-clear  :cool: :thumb:
have to admit i'm a bit envious of your awesome skil set..
Never soldered or desolders anything in my life..

But that's not the only thing holding me  back..
The price of the unit that i wanted to buy to start my hobby is one of the bigger problems..
https://www.conrad.nl/nl/weller-wxd-2020-digitaal-soldeer-desoldeerstation-240-w-50-tot-550-c-588701.html

And not to mention my studie time..Not forgetting i just got my head bit of by a sales Rep from KUL that told me my keyboard is making squeaking noises because of the vortex double shot pbt keycaps i got from massdrop..

But one day i need to learn to do all that my self..
by the way i read the how to lube post..and so on..But all the different options where overwhelming.

perhaps i'l sell my unused KUL ES-87 mx-clears for sum $$ hahahah..
got sum pics for us to drool over hahaha..

KUL told me it's my own fault and they won't replace my board because i wasn't using the stock ABS key-caps they provided..
But i replaced the with nice double shot PBT caps from massdrop..

Mod Edit: Combined three consecutive posts. Please avoid triple-posting, and if you are responding to a particular post it will help to quote the post so people can follow the conversation easier.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2015, 18:55:19 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline E3E

« Reply #3478 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:52:41 »
Tex Yoda with 65g Zealio
Show Image

Awesome looking keyboard..
Wanted to know about your wrist rest what kind are you using.? Did you build it your self?
Is it oiled or lacquered ?
Because i got a nice looking one from china yesterday got and it sas Royal Glam on the underside complete with logo.
Velt great but began to show my body oils after using it one day.
so at first i tried sum ikea cutting board oil i had laying around but that didn't really help. So i bought a lacquer roller and sum nice lacquer and applied one layer.
It looks good but have to admit i miss the nice wood grain feel..
well i could always just sand it of carefully and or ask for a second one as my christmas present .. hahhha

That wrist rest is one of Inanis's at http://sealwoodworking.com/, I believe. She does great work by the look of it!

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #3479 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 21:04:21 »
Did you do the ERGO mod you'r self..
I looked around for a nice desoldering/soldering kit..and found a nice kit from Weller ,,but way way to expensive for me now. $1300
http://www.amazon.com/Apex-Tool-Group-Weller-2020/dp/B00B9DHVNQ

Unless you are planning on doing high-volume work, that thing is way overkill for building a keyboard. You could pick up a Weller WES51 and a solder sucker/wick for a fraction of the cost and it would be quite sufficient.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3480 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:47:05 »
I'm having a hard time getting away from this Leopold 900R.... I'm having crazy thoughts of buying another one....

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3481 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:49:10 »
I'm having a hard time getting away from this Leopold 900R.... I'm having crazy thoughts of buying another one....

Wait, do you only have 1 of each keyboard? I thought super-enthusiasts keep at least 3!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3482 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:53:08 »

Wait, do you only have 1 of each keyboard? I thought super-enthusiasts keep at least 3!
Depends on the keyboard, I've sold most of my multiples. :thumb:

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3483 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 08:00:18 »

Depends on the keyboard, I've sold most of my multiples. :thumb:

I'm not sure if there's already a thread for this, but it'd be really cool to see the collectors' full stash.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3484 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 08:00:21 »

1. Fully programmable with a nice GUI.
2. Fully modable: It is PCB mounted with DIP sockets.
3. Light for travelling.
4. OG Cherry vintage beige set with row 5 bottom row.
5. My own version of ergo-clears and moded blacks.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3485 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 08:15:14 »

Show Image

3. Light for travelling.

Love it. Must be a joy to type on.

And while we're on the subject, I seriously need OG cherry set. Looks good on just about anything.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3486 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 08:41:16 »

Show Image

3. Light for travelling.

The simplicity of OG sets is always classy. And to think, I used to dislike the "blocky look" of mechanical keyboards and had a hard time getting into the beige tones of old keyboards... I'm a changed man.

Looks good, dude!

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #3487 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 11:31:54 »

The only caps worth buying. Cheaper and better looking/feeling than anything from gmk/jtk
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3488 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 12:41:21 »

Show Image

3. Light for travelling.

Are you using my patio again?

Offline chipotle

• Coyote Tracks
« Reply #3489 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 14:01:52 »
I'm using a CODE TKL with MX Clear switches, my standard work keyboard. I've been using a Realforce 87U at home since Saturday, and after only four days now this keyboard feels...slightly wrong. I ain't gettin' another 87U for the office, though...
Realforce 87U / Unicomp SSM / KUL-87 MX Clear / Matias TP3 / CODE MX Green

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3490 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 14:07:55 »

Show Image

3. Light for travelling.

Are you using my patio again?

Show Image

Yours is stone, mine is ceramic and it is indoors, but they look similar.

:thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3491 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 14:12:33 »
Here is my indoor patio:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3492 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 14:17:08 »
Here is my indoor patio:

Show Image

Awesome!  Yeah I have fun finding a good contrasting environment for pictures.  Looks fantastic!  I could mess around with more pavers and bricks etc etc....  Just a little imagination and effort.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3493 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 14:52:16 »
Here is my indoor patio:

Show Image

Awesome!  Yeah I have fun finding a good contrasting environment for pictures.  Looks fantastic!  I could mess around with more pavers and bricks etc etc....  Just a little imagination and effort.

It is great for pictures, that is why I take most of my pics there, because my phone camera sucks, with low light everything look very bad.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3494 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 16:34:51 »
This for the foreseeable future:

119454-0

x-posting from the topre thread but its a 55g Realforce 87u with 10th AE Case, Hi-Pro Caps, and Keycollectiv CMY Mods
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3495 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 16:43:48 »

(Attachment Link)

x-posting from the topre thread but its a 55g Realforce 87u with 10th AE Case, Hi-Pro Caps, and Keycollectiv CMY Mods

Those brownish grey hi-pros... My goodness.  :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3496 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 05:26:24 »

(Attachment Link)

Gray with CMYK mods get me every time :eek:

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3497 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 05:49:23 »

They are a little hard to find, but if you can get a proxy for TaoBao, there's a few green Alps boards on there right now. I prefer Green Alps but not just for the smoothness, but also for the lightness, high actuation and shorter travel distance for Alps.

• Green Alps are closest to MX red switches, they aren't the best match to compare to vintage MX black unless you're using 55g springs
  • Yellow Alps feel very very similar in weight to 62g linears
  • The unicorn Brown linear Alps feel like they would be closest to a stock vintage MX black switch and actuate at around 60-65g

I tested this with a Linear Zealio, which I think is almost just as smooth as a vintage MX black.
I'm sorry for the late reply will search for taobao

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3498 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 05:53:27 »
I'm still on my Eagle. ButterySmooth is where it's at.

Also put on Granites today and it feels kinda nice tbh. I love the feel of PBT caps.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3499 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 08:21:46 »
I'm sorry for the late reply will search for taobao

Good luck!  :thumb:   

I'm still using my custom Alps board, haha. I've taken to the affectionate title of "Hammer Alps" for it. Linear greens are so sick. Eventually, when the SKCM blues from a trade I made come in (my amber alps for their blues), I'll be able to use the other PCB and enjoy some lovely clickiness. :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2015, 08:24:10 by E3E »