Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2779953 times)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #3900 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 15:34:16 »
CM Rapid TK with blues until my whitefox arrives  :p

Quite a shift. What switches are you getting with that WhiteFox?

The CM is just a tideover, I used to have a filco MJ2 as my daily. It's coming with Gat blues but I have 80 65g Zealios burning a hole in my drawer ;D

To click or not to click? That is the question.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3901 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 15:34:52 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:14:01 by alienman82 »

Offline hampusbrunstedt

« Reply #3902 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 15:36:11 »
Soon i will have the Ducky Shine 5!:D like tomorrow, I'm excited!

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #3903 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 15:36:46 »
CM Rapid TK with blues until my whitefox arrives  :p

Quite a shift. What switches are you getting with that WhiteFox?

The CM is just a tideover, I used to have a filco MJ2 as my daily. It's coming with Gat blues but I have 80 65g Zealios burning a hole in my drawer ;D

To click or not to click? That is the question.

It's a push, honestly. The zealios have the perfect combination of upbump and smoothness, but ... clicks. Most likely I will end up with the zealios since I did pay for them. I really want the CIY form to be a real thing so swapping switches become as easy as keycaps but what can you do.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #3904 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 16:18:22 »

Potatoes of my main two work boards. White 87u 55g with a modified Left CTRL slider to accommodate keys from 104/HHKB, purple sliders, lubed, Pexon cable.

Work board is the 10AE 55g with HiPro caps (modified Left CTRL as well) lubed and pexon cable. 
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3905 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 17:36:46 »
Show Image

Potatoes of my main two work boards. White 87u 55g with a modified Left CTRL slider to accommodate keys from 104/HHKB, purple sliders, lubed, Pexon cable.

Work board is the 10AE 55g with HiPro caps (modified Left CTRL as well) lubed and pexon cable.

What do you think of those HiPro caps? Do you also have the HiPro board?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #3906 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 18:04:01 »
Show Image

Nice. Did you find the cable mod difficult at all? I've opened an 87u but didn't pay any attention to the connection. Any guides on this because I'll be getting the 87u 45g soon and I definitely didn't like the thick cable of the Realforces.
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #3907 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 19:05:57 »
Japanese alphas on KUL ES-87 with purple Zealios (62g alpha/mods, 65g F-s and nav):

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I can't quite decide how I want to have them set up. I have a full blank PBT set in black, dark grey, and off-white+light grey (one set). They're all from the same batch so they match up and the PBT4 from Ivan Japanese set matches up with them very well.

This is how I have it for now but I might end up changing them. I also really liked having the KUL with blank light-grey modifiers and nav, dark grey F-keys, and black escape. I should have taken a photo.

Where did you get those beautiful Japanese legends looking to put some on my tlk.

I really like these blanks, I just love how simple they are. How hard will it be to pick up a full Japanese set do you think?

The blanks are great.. But I should have gotten a full set of each the light grey and beige rather than the single combined set, as well as a white set. It lets you do all kinds of interesting combinations on several boards. Since I game with that keyboard, I use darker keys to show where certain key groups are.

I don't imagine it will be too easy at the moment but your best bet is to check with Ivan and see what he has or if he plans to run another round.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #3908 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 19:09:58 »
Show Image

Yeah I have a few. I like them a lot, definitely like them more than SA for actual typing. They feel fantastic as well. Have also tried the caps on other Topre boards...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #3909 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 19:12:43 »
Show Image

Nice. Did you find the cable mod difficult at all? I've opened an 87u but didn't pay any attention to the connection. Any guides on this because I'll be getting the 87u 45g soon and I definitely didn't like the thick cable of the Realforces.

Its a piece of cake. Literally plug it in and screw in the ground cable. You have to unsnap the noise filter to thread the cable through the whole, but it really can be done in under 3 mins :)

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3910 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 22:03:59 »
Show Image

Those screw that holds the cable connection are damn hard to unscrew

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3911 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 02:11:38 »
Show Image

Yeah I have a few. I like them a lot, definitely like them more than SA for actual typing. They feel fantastic as well. Have also tried the caps on other Topre boards...

Show Image

How does the feel differ from SA and why?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #3912 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:32:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

For starters they are PBT, but not textured as much as the Vortex caps. They also have a full homing row of ASDF JKL: which makes for a very nice, but unique feel. Finally they have sharper edges than SA caps.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #3913 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:36:55 »
Switched back to the stock YOTG mx browns from greens. Didn't think I really would notice the difference as much as I did. I'm starting to think I prefer browns over greens

Offline JonnyPolygon

• Mechanical keyboard masterrace
« Reply #3914 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 03:42:15 »
Surprisingly not too bad

Ducky Shine | i7 GTX 980ti | Top 9 best mechanical keyboards

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3915 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 04:42:03 »
Show Image

Show Image

For starters they are PBT, but not textured as much as the Vortex caps. They also have a full homing row of ASDF JKL: which makes for a very nice, but unique feel. Finally they have sharper edges than SA caps.

Sounds interesting but the caps look REALLY high.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3916 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 14:39:57 »
Back to this guy:

In other news, I'm starting to really lose interest in my formerly beloved Octagon v1. I'm not sure if it's the SA key caps, the feel compared to Alps, or what, but it's the board I type on the least these days.

I don't want to sell it since I had a special case made for both it and the Lightpad, but ahh... I don't know anymore!

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #3917 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 14:46:31 »
A Pok3r with MX Clears, but I've got a bag of Zealios switches waiting for my Ergodox project when I get to it.

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #3918 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 14:52:32 »
My new daily driver  :D  :D

Offline E3E

« Reply #3919 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 14:53:44 »

Show Image

ayy lmao!

You got it! Sick, dude :D

How does it compare to your aluminum Filco Zero?

Offline toidbb

« Reply #3920 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 14:54:47 »
One of these with Matias QC switches, liking it so far...

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #3921 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:05:12 »

Show Image

ayy lmao!

You got it! Sick, dude :D

How does it compare to your aluminum Filco Zero?

Haha yeah, it was very fast shipping, this board is amazing. The aluminum Filco Zero is actually a bit heavier than the Kingsaver which is pretty funny, but the Kingsaver uses a much better plate and the overall design is better than the aluminum case on the Zero. The Zero uses SKCL Greens so its hard to do a direct comparison of the feel since the two boards have different switches, but this Kingsaver is hands down the best feeling board ive ever used. I have a second stock Filco Zero that i plan to put SKCM Blue into when i find more, so ill be able to compare the two better once i do that.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3922 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:09:33 »

Haha yeah, it was very fast shipping, this board is amazing. The aluminum Filco Zero is actually a bit heavier than the Kingsaver which is pretty funny, but the Kingsaver uses a much better plate and the overall design is better than the aluminum case on the Zero. The Zero uses SKCL Greens so its hard to do a direct comparison of the feel since the two boards have different switches, but this Kingsaver is hands down the best feeling board ive ever used. I have a second stock Filco Zero that i plan to put SKCM Blue into when i find more, so ill be able to compare the two better once i do that.

Well congrats, haha. Your Kingsaver hype has now added + $50 to the aftermarket price of these boards. :P

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3923 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:12:35 »
I put away my toys aka cherry board and took out the fc660c for a spin.

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #3924 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:34:10 »

Well congrats, haha. Your Kingsaver hype has now added + $50 to the aftermarket price of these boards. :P

Thanks hahaha, i must say the typing angle on this board is perfect, not to high or low, its just right  :) It was worth every dollar.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3925 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 20:12:06 »

Nice, I'm glad that you finally got your hands on one. :)

Offline lootbag

« Reply #3926 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 03:45:13 »
Typing on my first Cherry MX keyboard in 4 years... a recently acquired Duck Viper.

Lubed 68G Vintage Blacks are pretty damn heavy for my whimpy fingers (coming from 45g HHKB and 55g 87U).
But they feel oh so buttery smooth with tight tolerance.
I guess I won't need to try the 78g Zealios in future builds, 67g seems like the sweet spot for me (or the max).

Here is a photo with LEDs off to save you the ugly light bleed from the TA set, it is the only MX keyset I own at the moment.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3927 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 03:47:05 »
Typing on my first Cherry MX keyboard in 4 years... a recently acquired Duck Viper.

Lubed 68G Vintage Blacks are pretty damn heavy for my whimpy fingers (coming from 45g HHKB and 55g 87U).
I guess I won't need to try the 78g Zealios in future builds, 67g seems like the sweet spot for me (or the max).

Here is a photo with LEDs off to save you the ugly light bleed from the TA set, it is the only MX keyset I own at the moment.
Show Image

Feeeeeels gooood right?

Offline lootbag

« Reply #3928 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 03:52:43 »
Feeeeeels gooood right?

Good feels!
I basically only press the key to point of actuation haha.
Can't make it to bottom out and results in almost silent typing.
My fingers are tired after a few typing tests, but it is strangely satisfying.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3929 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 04:00:27 »
Feeeeeels gooood right?

Good feels!
I basically only press the key to point of actuation haha.
Can't make it to bottom out and results in almost silent typing.
My fingers are tired after a few typing tests, but it is strangely satisfying.
Its that heavy? Gold springs right? I thought that they are lighter

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3930 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 12:26:57 »

Show Image

Didn't realize you would get it so soon! Really love the raw aluminum color, would look great with an OG Cherry set.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3931 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 06:57:58 »
QFR w/ Frosty Flake and Vortex PBT doubleshots

Layout (in firmware) is unix (HHKB-like) combined with wide mod (HJKL; is shifted one column to the right to increase hand separation).

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3932 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:12:49 »

Show Image

Layout (in firmware) is unix (HHKB-like) combined with wide mod (HJKL; is shifted one column to the right to increase hand separation).

Looks nice! Do you have that controller exposed on purpose for looks?

Offline lootbag

« Reply #3933 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:03:14 »
Didn't realize you would get it so soon! Really love the raw aluminum color, would look great with an OG Cherry set.

Yeah I think I will probably join the enjoypbt GB.
Maybe go for the standard OG Cherry black on beige or try some cyrillics or hangul.
I do like the GMK TA set colors but the light bleed is making me consider selling the set :(

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3934 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 22:14:14 »
LZCP Vintage 55g Blacks with Cherry 1800 Caps and GMK RGBYK.  :thumb:

128082-0

Offline skitty

« Reply #3935 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 22:28:04 »
A Pok3r with MX Clears, but I've got a bag of Zealios switches waiting for my Ergodox project when I get to it.

I recently bought a KB V60 with MX Clears and I'm loving it so far. Which Zealios do you have?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3936 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 22:54:46 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:12:30 by alienman82 »

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3937 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 00:53:59 »
LZCP Vintage 55g Blacks with Cherry 1800 Caps and GMK RGBYK.  :thumb:

(Attachment Link)
That is a damn beautiful board!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3938 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 09:23:07 »

Show Image

Looks nice! Do you have that controller exposed on purpose for looks?
Definitely not for looks. It's just more convenient (the bootloader mode is enabled by putting a magnet close to the controller). I might put some tape over it eventually though.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3939 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 09:24:40 »
Giving this keyboard a shot. There aren't enough keys on it.  :eek:

Golbat with 65g Zealios (and no stabilizers, yet), in split-spacebar layout.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3940 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 09:45:00 »

Show Image

But HHKB comes today!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3941 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 09:46:27 »

Show Image

But HHKB comes today!

HHKB has a few more keys, but still not enough! If I do decide to go for Topre after trying it out I'd have to get a TKL.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3942 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 09:50:23 »

Show Image

But HHKB comes today!

HHKB has a few more keys, but still not enough! If I do decide to go for Topre after trying it out I'd have to get a TKL.

I'd like to try out a Realforce but I don't know if they make the full size version in 55g.  I would have no problem replacing my V2 at work with a Topre board but I use the numpad pretty much all day at work and would need one.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3943 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 17:06:34 »

OnO
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #3944 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 17:13:43 »

Show Image

But HHKB comes today!

I'd like to try out a Realforce but I don't know if they make the full size version in 55g.  I would have no problem replacing my V2 at work with a Topre board but I use the numpad pretty much all day at work and would need one.

Full-size 55G boards do exist.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Topre_Realforce

You also have the option of a RF23 pad to go with the 87U, but that will be 45G stock.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3945 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 17:53:34 »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3946 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 20:15:53 »
Show Image

OnO
What the hell mane? Where's yo hhkb?

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #3947 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 20:20:57 »
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3948 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 21:12:23 »
Show Image

OnO

I believe it's on vacation.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3949 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 21:22:01 »
Show Image

OnO

I believe it's on vacation.

Only one of them!

I was just at my cousin's house and he has this board I gave him awhile ago. Tkl is so huge now :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.