Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2779753 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #4150 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 14:23:37 »
mx5000 :D

Show Image

x-post photo

What's on that spacebar??
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4151 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 14:25:36 »

Show Image

x-post photo

What's on that spacebar??

The space bar was designed to be extended which is great for me because my right thumb tends to float very far left.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4152 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 14:43:02 »

Show Image

x-post photo

That keyboard deserves a custom pelican case!

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4153 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 15:01:52 »

Show Image

x-post photo
Show Image

That keyboard deserves a custom pelican case!

Amazon box with a lot foam works well. lol

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4154 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 15:07:16 »
i still wanna try one of those. too bad they're really expensive :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4155 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 16:09:38 »

Show Image

x-post photo

wow, looks like it's in excellent shape too! nice get.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4156 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 16:40:34 »

Show Image

x-post photo

yeah its in like new condition there are no blemishes on the keys

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #4157 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 21:39:19 »
Using my wife's Chromebook keyboard right now :(
Oh GOD! My gf has one of those satan-spawned Chromebooks.  >:D Worst kb I've ever typed on (except for the "kb" on my smart phone)! I can't play games on the thing...so, what's the point??
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4158 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 21:51:57 »
Using my wife's Chromebook keyboard right now :(
Oh GOD! My gf has one of those satan-spawned Chromebooks.  >:D Worst kb I've ever typed on (except for the "kb" on my smart phone)! I can't play games on the thing...so, what's the point??

Honestly it works just fine for my wife as she pretty much only uses it for streaming, but the typing experience is pretty bad.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #4159 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 22:02:46 »
NIB I got a couple of years ago. Big difference from the used one I'm doing a bolt mod on.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #4160 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 23:23:13 »
Back to my 60% end game again:

Show Image

Orion v2 w/ Alps coming soon though. We'll see where it stands. ;)

Interesting palm rest anymore deets on that?

It's ALWAYS the palm rest.  :blank: Where's the keyboard? I dunno, all I see is a palm rest! :P

It was made by Den from Battlestation10. He's a swell guy and did this one for me on the house, much to my surprise. It's an amazing and durable wrist rest and it goes really well with the board.

http://battlestation.io/collections/artisan-hardwood-wrist-rests

The wrist rests are handsome, but I would imagine they are a little hard on the bottom of your wrists.  I used to use foam wrist rests, but I found myself resting my wrist even when  I was typing, so I stopped using them.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline E3E

« Reply #4161 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 01:06:42 »
The wrist rests are handsome, but I would imagine they are a little hard on the bottom of your wrists.  I used to use foam wrist rests, but I found myself resting my wrist even when  I was typing, so I stopped using them.

I actually started with foam rests too, like the Grifiti, and actually still have mine. I rest my palms on my rests, never my wrists, but yeah, floating your wrists while typing is definitely the best thing to do, posture wise. I don't put a lot of pressure on my palms when I rest them while typing, but I do recall times in the past where my palms hurt a little while typing. That was probably after getting used to the wooden ones as I transitioned off of the Grifiti rests.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #4162 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 01:25:50 »

Show Image

x-post photo

How many organs did you have to give up to get that?

« Reply #4163 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 01:31:04 »
Been typing on the Jane R1 for a few days, built with tactile switches, it's a very nice board. Changing it up a little bit though and using an old favorite for few weeks: LZ-SE, 55g stickered and lubed vintage blacks.

(Attachment Link)
When you tire of that Retro set, please remember my standing offer to do lude things to you. Just kidding.  But seriously, anything.

« Reply #4164 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 01:37:25 »
Finally put the painted (krylon fusion) space bar onto my Orion v2 after patiently waiting 6/7 days for the paint to fully bond to the plastic. It's not going to be all that abused, so I figured why not. Glad I got it on right on the first try.

Show Image

Also put little rubber landing pads down for the space bar as that's how I like it on my vintage Alps boards. It's so much better that way:

Show Image

This is how it looked before with the temp spacebar.
More
Show Image

I'm so glad to have it all finally done up and with the copper weight too!
More
Show Image

Last thing I need to do is sleeve a custom cable for this one. :)
That copper is so unnecessarily beautiful.  You make me happy. Just knowing its down there.  Like when I was a kid, my father kept his welding rods in the cellar in a metal canister with a light on inside and a cord trailing from the lid. it was like a military kind with those snap latches that seal very tight.  It was always plugged in, and although no light escaped the bomb-like case, it was always warm. Made me happy just knowing the light was continuously on down there in that cold musty basement hidden.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 April 2016, 01:39:16 by undefinedmechanicalmind »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4165 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 03:31:07 »

Show Image

x-post photo

None I think the price I paid was very fair but no box unfortunately  :'(

Offline jaffers

« Reply #4166 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 03:35:44 »

Show Image

x-post photo

None I think the price I paid was very fair but no box unfortunately  :'(

Condition looks gr8, d-do you want to share what you paid for it? I have been searching around for one

Offline sacramentoplaya

« Reply #4167 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:38:43 »
This.

I got 99 problems, but a board ain't one.
HHKB Professional 2

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4168 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 18:23:38 »
This.

Show Image

Why the blue and purple cap? Just for fun or the looks? Or something functional to you?

Offline sacramentoplaya

« Reply #4169 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 19:42:15 »
This.

Show Image

Why the blue and purple cap? Just for fun or the looks? Or something functional to you?
The blue F9 is a command key for my court reporting software.  F8 and F10 are other less-used commands that mess things up when hit unintentionally, and I have to hold down the FN key at the same time.  Kind of a pain in the butt.  Still worth it.  Considering a HHKB2LIFE tat on my stomach like Tupac.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 April 2016, 19:57:56 by sacramentoplaya »
I got 99 problems, but a board ain't one.
HHKB Professional 2

Offline E3E

« Reply #4170 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 20:12:37 »
Took my Hammer out for a while, but I think I'm still in Orion blss since I wanted to go back to the Orion v2 pretty quickly. The Hammer Alps board is still a huge favorite of mine, but I'm loving this Orion v2 with the copper weight, blue alps, and everything.

Still, the shades of red this case has are just so beautiful.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4171 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 20:14:19 »
Took my Hammer out for a while, but I think I'm still in Orion blss since I wanted to go back to the Orion v2 pretty quickly. The Hammer Alps board is still a huge favorite of mine, but I'm loving this Orion v2 with the copper weight, blue alps, and everything.

Show Image

That case is amazing.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4172 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 20:23:17 »

Show Image

That case is amazing.

Aye :)

I've been meaning to ask. What is going on with that sticker?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4173 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 20:31:11 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:37:23 by alienman82 »

Offline E3E

« Reply #4174 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 20:37:48 »

Show Image

That case is amazing.

Ahh, I just like having it displayed, I don't know. Nostalgia?  :)  Den gave it to me with the wrist rest he made for the Hammer Alps board, but I didn't want to actually use it for anything, so I just have it propped up against my webcam's tripod. It's one part nostalgic to Nintendo stuff as a kid (all those kirbies!) and one part just a memento of Den's generosity. It was great dealing with him.

I guess I could put it on the headphone stand for my Sony MDR-SA5000s if I wanted to, haha.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4175 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 22:08:31 »

Show Image

That case is amazing.

Ahh, I just like having it displayed, I don't know. Nostalgia?  :)  Den gave it to me with the wrist rest he made for the Hammer Alps board, but I didn't want to actually use it for anything, so I just have it propped up against my webcam's tripod. It's one part nostalgic to Nintendo stuff as a kid (all those kirbies!) and one part just a memento of Den's generosity. It was great dealing with him.

I guess I could put it on the headphone stand for my Sony MDR-SA5000s if I wanted to, haha.

Ah ok, thank you haha. I've seen it in a bunch of pictures

Offline E3E

« Reply #4176 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 22:20:09 »
Ah ok, thank you haha. I've seen it in a bunch of pictures

Haha, no problem, man. Glad to settle your curiosity.  :thumb:

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #4177 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 23:52:16 »
going to give this a test drive for a few days...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4178 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 06:03:12 »
going to give this a test drive for a few days...
Show Image

That's a HHKB amiright? You'll love it.

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #4179 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 16:53:07 »
RS78 will switch on the alu bottom once i get bored of the LED's  :)) Now i just need to find out how to flash TMK onto it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4180 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 23:57:51 »
Dragged one of my full size Model M out for a go this weekend.  First full sized keyboard I've used for a while.

Big and noisy :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4181 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 05:11:09 »
Dragged one of my full size Model M out for a go this weekend.  First full sized keyboard I've used for a while.

I'm jealous. I want one. Gonna make pics when I have one mmmm. I will annoy everybody around me SO MUCH.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4182 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 05:54:23 »

I'm jealous. I want one. Gonna make pics when I have one mmmm. I will annoy everybody around me SO MUCH.

I have two.  One has an SDL cable, the other a fixed PS/2 cable (which I had to rebuild as someone in the keyboard's past has thoughtfully snipped the cable off just where it entered the case.

If you're in the right place at the right time you can pick u pa bargain on these.

A little cleaning, a little soldering, sacrifice one old PC/2 rubber dome keyboard, and hey presto!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4183 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 05:56:11 »

I have two.  One has an SDL cable, the other a fixed PS/2 cable (which I had to rebuild as someone in the keyboard's past has thoughtfully snipped the cable off just where it entered the case.

If you're in the right place at the right time you can pick u pa bargain on these.

A little cleaning, a little soldering, sacrifice one old PC/2 rubber dome keyboard, and hey presto!

I still need to learn how to solder.. :-X

For what do you need to sacrifice a rubber dome keyboard?

I'm certainly looking out for a sweet model M deal. Or model F? nah I want a model m.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4184 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:03:08 »

I'm certainly looking out for a sweet model M deal. Or model F? nah I want a model m.

To get the PS/2 cable from it.

As documented here.

Crikey!  That was nearly 3 years ago! :eek:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4185 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:07:56 »

As documented here.

Nice pics and post! Man... now a Model M.. already planning to buy the white realforce 87U.. another HHKB... some vintage alps. A Nikon D7200 or D5500.. need a new car and a new computer. I wonder why my GF hasn't left me already. No I know... I gave her a black HHKB so she has joined the force. My wallet feels raped though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4186 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:21:20 »

As documented here.

Nice pics and post! Man... now a Model M.. already planning to buy the white realforce 87U.. another HHKB... some vintage alps. A Nikon D7200 or D5500.. need a new car and a new computer. I wonder why my GF hasn't left me already. No I know... I gave her a black HHKB so she has joined the force. My wallet feels raped though.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67980.0

Offline raymogi

« Reply #4187 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:23:07 »
What's happening to me? I enjoyed using my vintage blacks now more than Topre. Did I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel?
Please feed my addiction.

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #4188 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:27:56 »
Post "bolt" (screw) mod. Much better now.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4189 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 09:17:17 »
What's happening to me? I enjoyed using my vintage blacks now more than Topre. Did I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel?
What springs?

Offline lootbag

« Reply #4190 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 09:44:47 »

+1

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4191 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 09:46:23 »

You make me question the purpose of life.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4192 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 09:48:05 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:34:05 by alienman82 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4193 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 09:56:18 »

I enjoy vintage blacks more than topre too...

What's so good about vintage blacks. Enlighten me!

Offline raymogi

« Reply #4194 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 09:58:09 »

I usually bring my HHKB to work but now I'm replacing it with my Eagle  :eek:
Please feed my addiction.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4195 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 09:58:28 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:33:50 by alienman82 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4196 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 10:05:28 »

Honestly, I just enjoy the custom weight (you can get it exactly how you like which for me is 62g), and the cap selection is great.  Nothing beats OG cherry caps.  As for Raymogi, he might like them for other reasons, you'll need to try both to decide :)

I had blacks one (not vintage) on a steelseries 6gv2. Hated it. But perhaps I should try it on a decent board. I am more back in FPS gaming.. so I guess I could use some good linears though.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4197 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 10:06:33 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:33:45 by alienman82 »

Offline lootbag

« Reply #4198 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 10:42:19 »

placebo hahaha

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4199 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 10:58:38 »

placebo hahaha

Placebo?