Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2779781 times)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #5200 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 14:32:24 »
I have many many keyboards

last few months, Ive been alternating between the Atreus, Atreus62, G80-11900, SSK, GON60, HHKBpro2, and my infinity ErgoDox , and honestly, I keep going back to this Inifinty ErgoDox, my hands hurt less with them, i like how i customized the switches on them

As pictured

Infinity ErgoDox
Brown Gaterons with 68g springs, thick lubed (my favorite combo)
Thick POM Keycaps from a Cherry G80-11900, rest of keys with DSA PBT, come at me bro
Noko saddle tan custom height palm rests
COLEMAK
G602 mice, one for work, one for home, Mouse in center layout, arms apart

Show Image

tape a mouse to each ergodox half then you've got endgame tbqh imo

love it, ill make an expony resin mold and merge them together LOL

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5201 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 15:23:48 »
Today I rotated out of my bare F-122 and brought in my Omnikey 101 with pseudo orange Alps. I really like this one, possibly as much as or more than its blue Alps brother.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Tactile

« Reply #5202 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 16:59:57 »
160846-0

FedEx dropped this off this morning. Put a Teensy inside w/Soarer's and I'm now enjoying the Model F goodness.
REΛLFORCE

Offline Rykno

« Reply #5203 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 19:10:44 »
V60 mini using 65g lubed Browns (poor man's feelios) with front print PBT

waiting on a friend who is building me a FaceW with 67g Zeals/Zealencios to go with my GMK set  :thumb:

Offline Corsa1r

« Reply #5204 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 20:00:44 »
Show Image

Wow, that Transistor figure is really cool. I may have to pick one up myself.
Ducky Shine 4 - Mx Blues // Ganss G.S-87 - Mx Browns // Type-S HHKB 45g // FC660M - Mx Reds

Offline Rykno

« Reply #5205 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 00:54:24 »
Show Image

Wow, that Transistor figure is really cool. I may have to pick one up myself.

haha I like the pens on your mic shock mount. really hand for taking notes!!  :thumb:

Offline C7Kinetic

• /u/ADJ_Reflex
« Reply #5206 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 02:06:20 »

Using a VA68M that I put together with MX Silent Reds. I really love this look with the RAMA keycap

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5207 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 03:55:25 »
A Key Tronic Lifetime Series Classic U2, so I won't wake my wife:

What? You guys consider yourselves keyboard experts—and you didn't know these were the best keyboards in the world? (LOL)

They really make you appreciate MKs, BTW.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Entropia

« Reply #5208 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 14:27:39 »
Show Image

Leopold FC750R with Cherry MX Browns and SA Ice caps.
New to mech keyboards, and kinda frustrated with the lack of quality key caps available in different colors. :(
But still having fun, looking into building a WKL soon.

Isn't that "S" keycap rotated 180º?

Offline SirPony

• EHHHH All Caps Come @ me
« Reply #5209 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 15:18:09 »
MR.Gon's 60%, pretty old board now, may need a new one soon

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #5210 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 16:36:09 »
Show Image

Leopold FC750R with Cherry MX Browns and SA Ice caps.
New to mech keyboards, and kinda frustrated with the lack of quality key caps available in different colors. :(
But still having fun, looking into building a WKL soon.

Isn't that "S" keycap rotated 180º?

oh damn youre right

Offline babyphil

« Reply #5211 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 19:33:53 »
KBP V60 with 62g Zealios switches and purple LEDs

Offline Daveling8

« Reply #5212 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 23:13:44 »
WhiteFox (TrueFox layout) with 65g lubed zealios.

Offline sgtpopwell

• "A great big bushy beard!"
« Reply #5213 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 06:13:09 »
My trusty Filco MJ TKL as I write this, though I plan to rotate it out soon as I have plans for it.

The keyboard I've been keeping at work is a KUL ES-87 with MX greens (yes I work alone) which is equipped with SA Chronicler. I love that board.

F77, Filco TKL, IBM Industrial, TKC1800, CST Laser-trac

Patiently waiting for the Model F77

Offline losing_ctrl

« Reply #5214 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 07:54:06 »
A Key Tronic Lifetime Series Classic U2, so I won't wake my wife:

Show Image

Show Image

What? You guys consider yourselves keyboard experts—and you didn't know these were the best keyboards in the world? (LOL)

They really make you appreciate MKs, BTW.

Nice keyboard. And I am not joking. I had the exact one for several years and it had the best feel of any rubber dome keyboard I had ever used at that time. And it was only like $49 or something like that. Seriously, that Keytronic had a really good feeling keystroke, even with its ergonomic variable switch weights. I did find it a little louder than most rubber domes though. I was close to buying another but was worried that Keytronic may not be putting the same quality control into their keyboards that they used to, so I held off.

Picture of my current work keyboard, a WASD V2 with clears:
161057-0

Offline Cropzy

• Topre is love, topre is life.
« Reply #5215 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:53:46 »
Just made the jump from a black QFR to a hhkb 2.

No going back now....
good feeling of oneness with cup rubber

Offline guotastic

« Reply #5216 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 16:07:17 »
just started with a das ultimate!

Offline catawalks

« Reply #5217 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 21:22:44 »
A Dell AT101W that I got impatient and put back together. I'm supposed to wait for a custom backplate and case to ditch the bigfoot shell, but it's taking too long to get here so I just put it back together for now.

And poking in on the side there is my little pet project for the past couple days...reviving an old IBM PS/2 L40SX laptop...hipster level: high

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #5218 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 22:06:14 »
"A Key Tronic Lifetime Series Classic U2, so I won't wake my wife:"

Ironically the sound of me clackin' away through the night on my Unicomp helps my gf get to sleep so she encourages me to keep using a buckling spring board. Everybody wins...

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #5219 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 20:47:14 »
Wife asked if she could use my hhkb because it was "real nice"... so i whipped this up for her to use instead:
http://imgur.com/a/uYCFW

Ended up going with some rf purple sliders in the mods and space... but I tried something new that i've been messing with which is to fill the board with foam for sound deadening. I will say that its an interesting change in the "thunk".

-Dana

Offline gallowgeek

« Reply #5220 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 07:59:12 »
I used to own a Corsair K70 keyboard with MX Brown switches but then I wanted to try a Razer keyboard because they are using a proprietary switch. For me, it's kind of good, but I still feel that the quality of the Cherry MX switches are far better, at least, for my preference.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #5221 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 17:00:51 »
New Unicomp showed up today  :D Swapped short spacebar for a long one cause i ain't no scrub, and tossed on the green ANSI set. Looks sick. Added extra rubber grippy feet to the bottom. Brings my Model M count to two, and the Advantage is my only MX board left. Life is good  :thumb:

http://i.imgur.com/b66pGlx.jpg

Funny though, that Classic I just got has a build date of 9/9/2016. The Ultra Classic I bought a couple weeks ago was built 2/5/2017 or something!

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #5222 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 10:08:26 »
Currently using this...

Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline zpcomstock17

« Reply #5223 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 10:56:53 »
Type Heaven, feels like heaven  ;D.

Offline Viking_Robot

• Flickr
« Reply #5224 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 13:42:32 »
HHKB Pro 2, Realforce 87.  Waiting on a Duck in the mail :)
Current Keyboards - TGR Jane CE WKL Blue Grey | TGR Jane v2 CE | TGR 910 RE | TGR 910 SE | TGR Alice/Police | TGR Tris | Keycult No2 TKL | Keycult No2 65 | Duck Octagon v3 Black | Duck Orion v3 WKL Silver |

Flickr

Offline Abstractions

« Reply #5225 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 13:47:35 »
Wife asked if she could use my hhkb because it was "real nice"... so i whipped this up for her to use instead:
Show Image

Ended up going with some rf purple sliders in the mods and space... but I tried something new that i've been messing with which is to fill the board with foam for sound deadening. I will say that its an interesting change in the "thunk".

Show Image

But... What did she think of it?

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #5226 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 16:28:04 »
Type Heaven, feels like heaven  ;D.

You like yours yeah? I keep thinking about getting one instead of a Hipro, even though the Hipro caps are friggin BALLIN.

Anyone else REALLY REALLY LOVE grey keys? I think it's because it reminds me of my first VAIO desktop from 1996

@ofthewild that's cool and all but my gf stole a model m from me  :thumb:

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5227 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 17:04:44 »
Show Image

Show Image

Ha!  Very similar.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5228 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 23:08:39 »
A Hansung CHF7 OfficeMaster, uniform 55g capacitive switches, ordered from Korea via Gmarket:

It's awesome—just as nice as Topre, for half the dough. I'll post a review as soon as there's time.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #5229 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 01:13:46 »
A Hansung CHF7 OfficeMaster, uniform 55g capacitive switches, ordered from Korea via Gmarket:

(Attachment Link)

It's awesome—just as nice as Topre, for half the dough. I'll post a review as soon as there's time.

FFFFFFFFFFF dude you're killing me!!!
I just got some fancy earbuds off gmarket, it was so fast it blew my mind.
I was about to buy a hipro but if that is as cheap as you say it should compete with the type heaven in price.... hmmm.... HMMMMMMM...

Offline Corsa1r

« Reply #5230 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 12:15:53 »

(Attachment Link)

I just looked this up, and checked out a video:

It sounds just like a type-s I think!  I may have to look into getting one of those.
Ducky Shine 4 - Mx Blues // Ganss G.S-87 - Mx Browns // Type-S HHKB 45g // FC660M - Mx Reds

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #5231 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 20:17:38 »

I tried to get her to like my type-f but she couldnt get into it, said that she liked the click but it was too big. Thus began the spiral into smaller and smaller boards. Next up she'll want my minivan!

Show Image

Show Image

Ha!  Very similar.
Show Image

Nice! yeah that looks the same - are those the aerokeys purple gummy mods? they look lighter color.

Show Image

Show Image

I dunno, she likes it but i'm waiting for the "i dont know where the keys are because theres no labels" comment. I'll probably try and get my hands on a leopold set.
-Dana

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5232 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 20:35:09 »

I tried to get her to like my type-f but she couldnt get into it, said that she liked the click but it was too big. Thus began the spiral into smaller and smaller boards. Next up she'll want my minivan!

Show Image

Show Image

Ha!  Very similar.
Show Image

Nice! yeah that looks the same - are those the aerokeys purple gummy mods? they look lighter color.

Show Image

Show Image

I dunno, she likes it but i'm waiting for the "i dont know where the keys are because theres no labels" comment. I'll probably try and get my hands on a leopold set.
Mute mallow Key Kollective.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #5233 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 08:52:00 »
161646-0

Currently back to my Pok3r with MX Clears and BSP caps with a White Warmaster on the ESC Key.  I love using this keyboard and would use it all the time were it not for the Clears on occasion causing pain in the hands and arms.  Really love the White backlighting on the white metal case also...so not into the RGB craze going on right now.

Do forgive the slight mess, I truly need to organize my desk area a bit better.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline y11971alex

• Looking for Toronto meetup
« Reply #5234 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:49:36 »
I have used my Topre Realforce for about five days now, but I'm struggling to continue using it.
Keyboards owned: IBM Selectric | 3278 | 3101 | 5251 | Model F XT | AT | 122 (6110344) | Model M 1390120 | 1390131 | 1391472 | 1392464 (DisplayWriter SSK) | 1395100 (SSK) | Honeywell RD IBM 09F4230 | Leading Edge DC-2014 (Blue Alps) | Chicony 5891 (Monterey Blue) | E&E-101 (KPT Blue) | BTC 5100 | 5100C | 5369 | DEC VT100 (Hi-tek Linear) | Burroughs TP109 (Hall) | Realforce 87 (55g)

Keyboards wanted: IBM Model F 104 (Unsaver) | Model M 1391401

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #5235 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:06:40 »
I have used my Topre Realforce for about five days now, but I'm struggling to continue using it.

I actually ended up selling my 55G Realforce to a fellow member on GH as I didn't love it as much as I thought I would.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #5236 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 00:33:58 »

sell it and use your BS boards

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5237 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 18:39:46 »
I think my keyboard weighs more than my laptop.

Traveling for work so not on the desktop.  Yes, I travel with my daily driver.

162268-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5238 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 22:08:11 »

(Attachment Link)

Love that board man!

Offline alh84001

« Reply #5239 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 00:00:35 »

As it should  ;D

Wow. I would be kind of paranoid that 1) it would get stolen (and worse, discarded, and just the laptop taken), 2) the case would get dented. On the other hand, it is a cold weapon, so it may actually prevent theft :)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #5240 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 13:45:21 »

(Attachment Link)

Love that board man!

Second.

Offline silverpanda94

« Reply #5241 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 16:58:43 »
I'm currently using this Cherry G84 keyboard with Cherry ML switches.  I got it from a recycling center.  I need to give it a good cleaning too as a result.  This is more of an experiment honestly to try out the 75% layout and the ML switches.  I doubt this will be my permanent board.  The white keys mixed in is the result of obtaining a broken white board and a working black board with missing keys.  I might be obtaining a Model M soon though so I'm excited for that.
Topre Realforce RGB // IBM Model M (1989) // Razer Ornata Chroma // Cherry MultiBoard MX 8100 // Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 (at work)

Offline opensecret

• 公开的秘密
« Reply #5242 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 21:48:44 »
This just in:162327-0
IBM Model M |Matias Mini Quiet Pro|Plum 84EC-S|RealForce 103U-UW & 87U-UW|Omnikey Ultra T| 2 Omnikey Ultras| WASD V2| Xmit Hall Effect|

Offline WhiteHelix

• KurantRubys Techblog
« Reply #5243 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 05:28:23 »
Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S with Cherry MX-Red and Tai-Hao 3-Tone ABS Doubleshot Backlit Keycaps.

163303-0

Offline drakche

« Reply #5244 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:16:46 »

Plum87, 55g, Lubed.

Waiting on zFrontier Ashen keyset to complete everything.

I might remove the silencing rings next time I take her apart.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:18:36 by drakche »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5245 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 23:58:38 »
My XMIT 70g bamboo 104-key Hall Effect board.

163519-0

163521-1

Sure, MX- and Alps-style boards are great, with their 50-million keypress ratings... I'll see you in a couple of billion presses, personally.  :?)

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #5246 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 00:23:55 »
Atreus 62

MOD-M alphas and MOD-L modifiers.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline rvense

« Reply #5247 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 07:05:09 »
Homemade, handwired board with switches and caps from an AEKII:

The dev board controller will be replaced when I make a board to match..

Build photos here.

Offline silverpanda94

« Reply #5248 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 11:33:04 »
I just switched to a Realforce RGB.  This is my first Topre board and I'm very happy with it.  I'm a sucker for RGB lighting, and I've always wanted to try a Topre board, so it's pretty much a home run for me.  I'm debating if I should order a PBT keycap set for it though.  I saw that Vortex offers one that supports back lighting.
Topre Realforce RGB // IBM Model M (1989) // Razer Ornata Chroma // Cherry MultiBoard MX 8100 // Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 (at work)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #5249 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 16:13:42 »
RantoPad MXX RGB Chroma TKL W/ Gateron Reds....gotta admit I'm usually not a huge lover of linear switches but thus far am loving the smoothness of the Gateron reds.
Current Daily Driver/s