Author Topic: So the rumour with Das Keyboard is true  (Read 92777 times)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
So the rumour with Das Keyboard is true
« on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 19:27:55 »
UPDATE:

So a Das Keyboard representative stepped up and clarify that it's NOT iOne.  We still don't know which the new OEM is.

But based on member reviews, it appears that the quality has indeed went DOWN compare to their Costar counterpart.

====================  ORIGINAL POST  ====================

So I've heard rumour flying around that Das switched manufacture, so I e-mailed Das and got this reply:

Thanks for your interest in Das Keyboard. I can't disclose the names of our vendors, but I can say that the new media keyboards are made in China. The Ultimate and Professional for Mac keyboards are made in Taiwan.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Das Keyboard Support

Made in China eh, I wonder if they joined iOne :confused:

Oh I heard another rumour that Das Keyboard Professional S and Professional S Silent is discontinued.  So there will only be Media Edition from here on.  I guess the Mac Edition is still ok, otherwise this sounds like the end of Das Keyboard.  At least for the high end users like us anyway...  Sighhhhh I was hoping they'd jump on the backlit Costar bandwagon, I guess I'll to wait for Filco

P.S:  Good thing I have the original Costar made one ;D
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2013, 19:57:47 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
Re: So the rumour with Das Keyboard is true
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 19:52:04 »
No body believed me

Offline Hyde

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 20:07:31 »
LOL I saw your post on overclock.net that's why I e-mailed them to confirm.  I believed you but I just like to see hard evidence lolllllll :P

Sorry this is off topic but it's hard to catch you so I figure I'll ask you here.  Is there a release date and pricing on CM Storm Recon yet?  I made a post on the mice forum but it seems like you don't hang in the mice forum much :(

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 20:15:40 »
it will launch this month: price point: $39.99

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 20:30:37 »
I'm guessing it's probably because mainland prices are significantly lower than even taiwan prices.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 00:08:30 »
Yeah I think it all comes down to production cost.  Because the general public won't know the difference between a Razer Blackwidow and a Filco.  But I think it will lose out big on sales for the high end users.

It's sad because back then I'd recommend Das right away because it's similar to Filco quality yet a lot cheaper (with student discount) also look very stylish.  But now I'd not recommend because it could have potential quality control issue.  That and the media edition has 4 keys on bottom left corner and a shorter space bar, in general I don't like unconventional layout.  I guess only time will tell.

@Carter

it will launch this month: price point: $39.99

omg I'm so buying one thanks Carter ! :eek:
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 September 2012, 00:23:48 by Hyde »

Offline elef

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 05:34:22 »
Most Apple products are made in mainland China, aren't they? I don't think I've heard of too many quality control problems...

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 08:36:51 »
Most Apple products are made in mainland China, aren't they? I don't think I've heard of too many quality control problems...

Foxconn vs most mainland china factories is a whole different ball game. Attention to detail only comes from Taiwan. But you in turn pay for it in pure cost.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 09:03:16 »
Hi guys,

Candid question - Does changing vendor must mean changing product? Or can it be the same product/specs but just built elsewhere?

I'm looking forward to have one of our GH experts to inspect and compare a new Made in China DAS with the previous version.

I too was recommending DAS... I'll wait to see couples of credible reviews before doing so again.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 10:20:13 »
Hi guys,

Candid question - Does changing vendor must mean changing product? Or can it be the same product/specs but just built elsewhere?

I'm looking forward to have one of our GH experts to inspect and compare a new Made in China DAS with the previous version.

I too was recommending DAS... I'll wait to see couples of credible reviews before doing so again.

No, changing oem doesn-t mean changing product

HOWEVER, if the OEM has a bad reputation for sub-par quality and assembly, well then it doesn-t matter what you-re having them make.

IF it turns out that DAS is going with iONE, basically NONE of us here at geekhack will ever buy another one of their keyboards.

We, will also cultivate an unwarrented hatred of all things DAS, and yearn for the good ol- days when things were right with all out Costar

And some of us, not me, but some of us will spread rumors like how Das sacrifice cute baby animals to make their keyboards and the like...

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 11:12:05 »
They should have went back with Cherry. Das II was nicer looking. Oh well you can still get it from Cherry as G80-3000LPCXY-2. So I guess that is 4 oem for them now, Keytronic, Cherry, Costar, ?.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 11:20:36 »
IF it turns out that DAS is going with iONE, basically NONE of us here at geekhack will ever buy another one of their keyboards.

We, will also cultivate an unwarrented hatred of all things DAS, and yearn for the good ol- days when things were right with all out Costar

I do consider myself as "one of us".

The secret of iOne low cost is food deprivation of their under age laborers
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 13:00:45 »

I do consider myself as "one of us".

The secret of iOne low cost is food deprivation of their under age laborers

Goodness, Gracious, Gasp... :o ... My God!

Offline Hyde

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 13:37:15 »

lol omg what have I done, haha not trying to start a Das bashing thread or something because personally I do own a Das Keyboard (Costar One), was just hoping to educate the masses on their next keyboard purchase.  However I do agree with this statement, if it turns out to be iOne I think no one on this forum would recommend Das anymore (Including Me) :(

This reminds me anyone know what happens when manufacture switches OEM?  Do they just ship over the mold / cast / equipment ... etc to the new factory?  Or do they just use the equipments at the new factory?  Switching OEM sounds like a really costy operation.

I'm curious about this also hopefully someone will do it soon :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 September 2012, 13:42:59 by Hyde »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 15:35:03 »

lol omg what have I done, haha not trying to start a Das bashing thread or something because personally I do own a Das Keyboard (Costar One), was just hoping to educate the masses on their next keyboard purchase.  However I do agree with this statement, if it turns out to be iOne I think no one on this forum would recommend Das anymore (Including Me) :(

This reminds me anyone know what happens when manufacture switches OEM?  Do they just ship over the mold / cast / equipment ... etc to the new factory?  Or do they just use the equipments at the new factory?  Switching OEM sounds like a really costy operation.

I'm curious about this also hopefully someone will do it soon :)

They will probably use whatever iOne has in house, with minor variation to visual styling.

Notice how every one of iOne keyboard has those 2 1x keys on the bottom row.

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 15:58:42 »
They should have went back with Cherry. Das II was nicer looking. Oh well you can still get it from Cherry as G80-3000LPCXY-2.

I always considered the Cherry G80-3000 range to be ungainly. That's the main reason I went with FILCO, although I then discovered that I had no choice as Cherry won't put browns into a keyboard anyway.

The Das looks lovely, but anyhing shiny surely just smears – like that glossy HP laptop I saw that was completely covered all over in grease and fingerprints. Really disgusting.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 17:28:13 »
They should have went back with Cherry. Das II was nicer looking. Oh well you can still get it from Cherry as G80-3000LPCXY-2.

I always considered the Cherry G80-3000 range to be ungainly. That's the main reason I went with FILCO, although I then discovered that I had no choice as Cherry won't put browns into a keyboard anyway.

The Das looks lovely, but anyhing shiny surely just smears – like that glossy HP laptop I saw that was completely covered all over in grease and fingerprints. Really disgusting.

Depends on your keyboard habit.

My keyboard is stationary, and I never touch the bezel, I don't avoid it, I just don't do it.

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 19:06:59 »
On my work (but not home) FILCOs, I find that the case has worn shiny around the up arrow key. I have no idea what I'm doing to cause that. The level of dust on my home keyboard suggests that I don't touch anything but the keys ;-)

(Both keys have coating wear on just the 'S' key – never figured that out either.)
Bore Awards

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 03:02:27 »
On my work (but not home) FILCOs, I find that the case has worn shiny around the up arrow key. I have no idea what I'm doing to cause that. The level of dust on my home keyboard suggests that I don't touch anything but the keys ;-)

(Both keys have coating wear on just the 'S' key – never figured that out either.)

I've seem some people rest their fingers there. Some people also have a form of impulse control disorder, similar to trichotillomania, but instead of hair pulling they rub things back and forth with their fingers.

Head up your local college and pretend to be a student and get a free diagnosis.

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 06:42:48 »
Diagnosis? If anyone tried diagnosing me their head would asplode.
Bore Awards

Offline anselben

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 11:54:21 »
So from this does that mean their build quality is no longer as good? Because I just noticed my F1 key switch on my Das is becoming sticky for some reason.. I would hate to get a replacement that was a p.o.s.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 17:13:36 »
Yeah well it's not confirmed that the new vendor is iOne yet, but if it is.  It will means Das will become more hit or miss.  Like it either works or break down in 2 weeks.  So if you're F1 is having issue I'd go get it exchanged for a non-media edition.  Because only the media edition is made by a different company.  Anything that says Model S Professional is made by Costar.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 17:15:06 »
Diagnosis? If anyone tried diagnosing me their head would asplode.
i bet you're not as 'special' as you think ;)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Hyde

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 22:53:25 »

If you look at the window and function keys, they're 1x1 size.  That screams iOne for me >______>

Offline nullstring

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 23:42:58 »
alleged $40 price point is interesting though.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 11:23:05 »
Just noticed that the Das Professional Standard and Professional are sold out on newegg. On the Das website, they only have the new ones listed on their main page. Looks like they are phasing it out. Judging by the layout, I think it must be an Ione board as well.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline Hyde

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 12:54:47 »
Yeah the non-media edition models start to go on sale now.  At least at Canada Computers it's -$20 and NCIX has -$15.

If you want to get any quality Das Keyboard now is the last chance lol.  After the Costar ones sold out then Das is no more :P

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 14:44:19 »
I was thinking about returning my Das as I'm within the 30 day window and just paying the extra to get another Filco but I might keep it now. I actually kind of like the glossy finish. :)
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 19:14:26 »
I was thinking about returning my Das as I'm within the 30 day window and just paying the extra to get another Filco but I might keep it now. I actually kind of like the glossy finish. :)

;D that's what they all say until it scratches....

Offline m00nshake

Re: Re: So the rumour with Das Keyboard is true
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 19:18:45 »

Grrr... I just noticed a scratch on mine.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 00:14:42 »

I kind of like my Das' gloss finish too.  Also the hidden LED light is a nice touch.  I think overall Das feels more "modern" while Filco feels more "classic".  Though I do like Filco's thinner boarder better.  It's sorta a different feel I think I like both :P

As for the scratches I think I've learn to accept it now, plus overall it's not too noticeable and most of the time it can look good as new after some quick wiping lol.

Offline i488

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 02:58:32 »
leopolds are made in china. iphones are made in china. but ione sux

Offline stingrae

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 05:05:35 »
leopolds are made in china. iphones are made in china. but ione sux

Are you sure about leopolds I thought they were made in Korea(http://www.keyboardlover.com/popularkeyboards.php) or Japan? (given: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/215431_10101273694956923_2106634783_n.jpg)
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 September 2012, 05:07:07 by stingrae »
Filco Ninja Tenkeyless  -Noppoo Choc MiniCm Storm Quickfire Rapid

Offline perragnar

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 08:00:08 »
My Leopold says 'Made in Taiwan'.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 08:13:17 »

I kind of like my Das' gloss finish too.  Also the hidden LED light is a nice touch.  I think overall Das feels more "modern" while Filco feels more "classic".  Though I do like Filco's thinner boarder better.  It's sorta a different feel I think I like both :P

As for the scratches I think I've learn to accept it now, plus overall it's not too noticeable and most of the time it can look good as new after some quick wiping lol.

You're just rationalizing the imperfections of your keyboard... This is akin to "Stockholm syndrome lite-edition"

Offline Hyde

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 12:01:47 »
My Leopold says 'Made in Taiwan'.

taiwan is a good but small part of China.

Uhhhh Taiwan is not part of China, otherwise it would say made in China and not made in Taiwan.  They also have different government system while China is communist, Taiwan is democratic.

But anyway ignore all the politics just keyboard productions quality wise Taiwan > China.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:33:00 »
Either way, the Das (I guess version 2 is the one before the media keys), is still a nice keyboard, IMHO, and at least it's different than the other ones out there. I got this one at $90, I think I'll keep it, scratches or not. Not to mention my only options for a full deck Costar-made keyboard right now with blue cherry mx are limited to Filco (not available on Amazon right now), Rosewill (no thanks, I don't want to take the gamble on a faulty USB connection), and WASD (nice board, but still more expensive than what I paid for the Das).

Offline Hyde

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 20:50:08 »
Yeah it's pretty much why I bought my Das, it's the cheapest full size Costar board out there.  Also one of the better looking ones too (in my opinion).  I was close to buying CM Storm QuickFire Rapid but in the end I think I use my number pad too much to give that up :P

Oh as for Das:

Das I = Rubberdome
Das II = Cherry Board
Das III = Costar Board (Professional S)
Das IV = iOne Board (Media Edition, probably iOne but not confirmed yet)

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 04:57:42 »
Ok thanks for the clarification on the versions. I like tenkeyless as well but my full decks take precedence because I too have become used to the number pad after years of data entry. If the new Das with media keys has a smaller space bar and 1x keys on the bottom row around the space bar, it's probably an Ione board.

Offline exousia7

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 02:42:23 »
So right now the only Das made by Costar are the Ultimate and Mac editions? Or have they been changed to iOne also.......

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 09:41:52 »
So right now the only Das made by Costar are the Ultimate and Mac editions? Or have they been changed to iOne also.......

I suppose not YET, but sooner or later it will happen.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline pitashen

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 10:33:53 »
Das and geekhackers don't mix together well anyway. ppl would be more OMG!!! if Filco turns to cheapo OEMs.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 11:42:14 »
Das was overhyped. That is why I got mine. After using cmstorm I find Das to not feel as nice.

My das had some sticky switches, and just yesterday the H key went out so I lubed it up! And yes the scratches make it that less elegant.

Costar das.
SmallFry! <3

Offline Hyde

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 13:06:54 »
I find I actually like my Das a lot, I mean yeah the scratches is a bit annoying but overall it still look quite nice.

That and it's the cheapest Costar full size keyboard you can get, which was why I got it originally.  (Rosewill didn't count because their mini B connector sucks)

I guess the easiest way to check is if you flip over the keyboard:

Made In Taiwan = Costar
Made In China = iOne

Or like people said, look for the bottom modifiers, if you see 1x1 then it's probably iOne.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 13:16:08 »
I find I actually like my Das a lot, I mean yeah the scratches is a bit annoying but overall it still look quite nice.

That and it's the cheapest Costar full size keyboard you can get, which was why I got it originally.  (Rosewill didn't count because their mini B connector sucks)

I guess the easiest way to check is if you flip over the keyboard:

Made In Taiwan = Costar
Made In China = iOne

Or like people said, look for the bottom modifiers, if you see 1x1 then it's probably iOne.

Don't forget, while the exterior isn't one of the best, the interior quality is top-grade. I mean, I saw comparison between FILCO vs Das on inside components and man, I got quite surprised.

Then again, even on Quickfire Rapids maaaaany people always end up changing keycaps... Why not do that on a Das if you don't like them?
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 15:17:08 »
Hey guys, there appear to be some rumors that we are working with iONE on our keyboards, and this has created some confusion among our customers. Please note that iONE is not currently one of our manufacturing partners.

Quality is at the forefront of everything we do at Das Keyboard. Our goal is to create the best keyboard and the only way to do that is to put quality first. In 2012, we made a significant investment in additional factories to meet expanding demand and have carefully chosen additional manufacturers who reflect the same level of quality we have always stood for. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to send us a message over at Das Keyboard and we’d be happy to address them.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 16:39:17 »
Welcome to geekhack !!!

So we forced a Das Keyboard employee to sign up to geekhack LOLLLLL !!!!!

I'm sorry about that but I guess like I said we're not trying to bash Das or anything.  Personally me and my g/f both own one and we both love it.  I guess at geekhack we're just picky about... well everything and we want to know the truth.

But thanks for showing up and clarify things, it shows that you guys really care about your customers  :)

On a side note I wonder if this is the secret factory that makes CM Storm TK that Carter won't tell us about.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 16:55:56 »
Please note that iONE is not currently one of our manufacturing partners.
The part in bold is really the only thing worrying me.
Also, I understand that there might be contract fluff preventing you from saying who does make them, but the fact that iOne doesn't make them doesn't mean the secret company is any better. Or it could be way better.
Just pointing it out, I can't really comment on Das in general as I've never owned one.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: So the rumour with Das Keyboard is true *NEW UPDATE*
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 17:13:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you for joining to clarify that.  It is great when vendors interact with the enthusiast community like that.

Hopefully you will stay around for a while :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ