Author Topic: [PREORDER] DEAFMUTE pre-order SPRING 2020  (Read 28517 times)

Offline ykill

• qed - Production Coordinator for deafmute
    • Deafmute Linktree
[PREORDER] DEAFMUTE pre-order SPRING 2020
« on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 22:55:49 »
60% standard keyboard case, DMG or BASE styling (DMG shown) $125. USD

MiniV4n drop-in case, optional handle (drop in your own compleat MiniV4n) $125. USD It's a wrapper with a handle.

This is an example of fancy paint, you can get either of the two cases above with a fancy design within reason for an extra 30 bucks, so $155. USD (case only, wet ground and pcb and keycaps and pcb not included)

There are a limited number of this DM305-A mouse reskin at $125. USD
This is a G304/305 mouse internal with a printed plastic housing fully assembled with rechargeable battery modification.

This is a pre-order for 3D printed plastic, hand finished. Your choice of available colors (print or paint), styling pattern options for paint (masking). Ships FREE worldwide to you from Tokyo.

You can use the Google form to order
https://forms.gle/PtEb5XD3KzRP9dpk9

IG: @d34fmu73
linktr.ee/deafmute

Updates on production will be posted in this thread and on http://pc8400.com
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 May 2020, 11:20:25 by ykill »
qed on the gram @quality_enforcement_dojo
qed in 40% Discord

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
Re: DEAFMUTE pre-order SPRING 2020
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 22:56:16 »
UPDATES also at http://pc8400.com
[ 3420-04-02 ] 00:00JST Quick update - last piece of the printing equation is dropping today in Tokyo, tuning is beginning.

[ 3420-04-05 ] 14:00 JST FedEx did not deliver as stated. Setup in progress. http://www.twitch.tv/d34fmu73

[ 3420-04-07 ] 12:00 JST test printing and calibrating now.

[ 3420-04-08 ] 12:01 JST Watch D34FMU73 with me on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/d34fmu73?sr=a

[ 3420-04-11 ] 14:99 JST Update with pictures at PC8400

[ 3420-04-16 ] 16:75 PDT  Small progress update with pictures at PC8400

[ 3420-04-23 ]  5.25 PST. He cut his finger and made awesome progress: PC8400

[ 3420-04-24 ] 1.95 PM Thank you to our early supporters who got us off the ground! Pricing for new orders is now $125.00 USD.

[ 3420-05-09 ] 0205 PT Airmax Vibes at pc8400.com

[ 3420-05-11 ] 9.25 PT Teaser Video

[ 3420-05-25 ] 01.99 PT Long Time No Update! Production assembly video on twitch: Get It

[ 3420-06-04 ] 47 Z  Production and shipping! Visit The Updated Blog and make an account with your email.  You don't need to do anything else with that account, but you will be able to see what is currently shipping, including color choices.  Reply to your welcome email if you see a color you want.  We will also contact you before yours prints, to make sure what color you want.

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2020, 23:05:23 by ykill »
qed in 40% Discord

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [PREORDER] DEAFMUTE pre-order SPRING 2020
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 11:53:48 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline BB997

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 17:27:09 »
Never thought I'd see the day where your renders would become reality. I'm in!

Offline iaman

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 18:11:48 »
Whoa, that mouse has me really intrigued. May I PM about it?

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 18:21:59 »
Of course

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

qed in 40% Discord

Offline energyd

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 15:36:06 »
any extras?

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 15:44:42 »
Preorder hasn't closed. Best way to order is at PC8400.COM!

qed in 40% Discord

Offline ddab

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 13:18:00 »
Hi!

I was wondering if it is still possible to request a refund. I previously sent an inquiry through the linktr.ee/deafmute link, but realized I have better chances of reaching you here since I never got a response after at least a week. I have no other updates other than the TURNUP SUPPLY LLC invoice email from PayPal from initial payment for a fully assembled DM305-A. It has been quite some time and I have already owned another mouse for months now and am beginning to financially suffer due to effects of the pandemic and could use the extra money to support myself. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you!

Respectfully,

Deion

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 18:02:18 »
Hello Deion,

I apologize for us not responding. We generally answer right away. About your refund, I'm sorry we aren't able to do that for you. I'd like to explain, since not everyone is familiar with the process. It's not that we wouldn't like to help you. I want you to be happy. However the pre-order is an agreement for us to provide our custom handmade device to you.  We used the funds to purchase the donor mouse, plastic filament, rechargeable battery, connector(s), screws, wire, and shipping service. So now that we have all the parts, we are making all the mice. This is the same way that many custom items get made, especially in the mouse/keyboard space. I know it's taking a long time, however it's working the way it's supposed to.  If you have further questions, you can reach me directly at ykill@petlab.org.

Respectfully,
Mick

qed in 40% Discord

Offline ddab

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 01:21:47 »
Hello Deion,

I apologize for us not responding. We generally answer right away. About your refund, I'm sorry we aren't able to do that for you. I'd like to explain, since not everyone is familiar with the process. It's not that we wouldn't like to help you. I want you to be happy. However the pre-order is an agreement for us to provide our custom handmade device to you.  We used the funds to purchase the donor mouse, plastic filament, rechargeable battery, connector(s), screws, wire, and shipping service. So now that we have all the parts, we are making all the mice. This is the same way that many custom items get made, especially in the mouse/keyboard space. I know it's taking a long time, however it's working the way it's supposed to.  If you have further questions, you can reach me directly at ykill@petlab.org.

Respectfully,
Mick

That's quite unfortunate, but I understand. I sent you a separate private message about changing the address on my order if that is possible. Thank you!

Offline ddab

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 19:32:14 »
In addition to the private message I sent you regarding an address change for my order, I was also wondering about any product updates by any chance. Since the last update we got was all the way back in late June. Thank you!

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 16:00:48 »
I have entered your address change. Progress is steady, but slow, because each piece has to be very nice before it can be shipped out. Stay tuned on YouTube, IG, and the blog inside PC8400.COM

qed in 40% Discord

Offline ddab

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 07:23:40 »
Hi!

I am curious to know why we have not received any news since the latest update in June. It has been quite some time and I am worrying as time passes by.

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 15:09:54 »
It's true that there haven't been any updates.  Steven is continuing to print and finish orders.  If you follow the instagram account, you can see that he is still at the desk, in the shop, every day.  It has been, and continues to be a vast amount of work to make the items "good enough" to put his name on them.
qed in 40% Discord

Offline ddab

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 15:20:45 »
It's true that there haven't been any updates.  Steven is continuing to print and finish orders.  If you follow the instagram account, you can see that he is still at the desk, in the shop, every day.  It has been, and continues to be a vast amount of work to make the items "good enough" to put his name on them.

Not too sure if I can believe he is working at the shop every day when all I'm seeing are elaborate 3d renders on the IG account. And how is it possible there isn't at least ONE finished product after MONTHS with no update since June? I'm starting to feel like I was scammed out of my money here.

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 15:48:09 »
Well, he has featured finished products on the Instagram account. Also photos of prints that have been done in the PC8400 blog.  And livestreams on YouTube.  However, it has been a long, long time since an update on the Blog.  It's fair to ask for an update.  I'll get with Steven and see what there is to show. Please note that the blog on PC8400 may be under "input."

Thanks for staying polite about it, I would also like them to all be finished up, like ASAP! If you hadn't read about this earlier, let me do a quick backstory: we had terrible hardware issues, which were solved, but only after waiting out big delays in shipping from mainland China and going back and forth with Anycubic.  Covid really killed the production output, including having filament difficult to source in JP.  Of course, JP sources almost everything from somewhere, including -- mainland China.

However our goal hasn't changed, which is to make all these and get them all out to our supporters!

Mick
qed in 40% Discord

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 18:54:08 »
Has anyone received theirs? How is it?

Offline ddab

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 20:20:16 »
Nope... Even the blog where updates are posted (https://www.pc8400.com/blog) just takes you to Wix's website. Last post by d34fmu73 on IG was November 15th. It's like I've said before. We're probably just being scammed out of our money at this point.

Offline boomMic86

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 20:57:48 »
Been meaning to write this post for 2 weeks now but I couldn't get an account created cause GH couldn't send an activation code to my email.

For anyone still following, I wouldn't hold your breathe for this order to be fulfilled, soon.

FWIW, I managed to reach @ykill / qed and he's been responsive but, that's all the praise I can give. According to the last email, there have been some things which haven't been made transparent.

The email starts with "I want you to know that I've been totally honest with everyone...", which, if you have ever experienced dishonestly before, makes anyone think otherwise.

Apparently, Deafmute (or whoever _actually_ makes our orders), hasn't been able to be reached for the "last month". Since the last email response from @ykill was on 3/9, by today (3/26), that would be over 1.5 months, assuming no other changes in the recent weeks.

Also, we are to be rest assured that our orders are going to be completed because we have seen "... him on Twtich and Yotube".

That would be totally fine and actually a great way to keep us informed but the last youtube video was in Oct, 2020 and the last Twitch stream was 10 months ago (https://www.twitch.tv/d34fmu73/schedule).

A group of us have already begun talking to our card companies and PayPal to try to get our money back.
If you are still following along, I would advise you do the same.

This was my first group buy after having being into mechanical keyboards for over 3 years now.
Sadly, this will also be my last group buy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 March 2021, 20:59:27 by boomMic86 »

Offline ddab

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 04:57:08 »
Any updates? It's literally been MONTHS ever since we received an update from ykill last year in October. And the pc8400.com/blog website is STILL unavailable where updates were originally being posted before it went down. The last d34fmu73 Twitch stream (on https://www.twitch.tv/d34fmu73/schedule) still dates back to LAST YEAR.

Offline ddab

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 02:20:08 »
ykill, I can see you were last logged in on Monday; perhaps you were just busy. Can we please get an update?

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 20:19:15 »
Hello, I talked with Steven.  He is still working to keep food and housing.  Covid caused him to have to scramble really hard just to stay stable. I'm staying patient because I know how hard it can be.  Even for this long.
qed in 40% Discord

Offline mnemonicj

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 22:25:25 »
Is there an update to this? It's been over a year and I don't think anybody has gotten their order yet :(

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 10:12:47 »
It's true that it's been longer than a year. It's been longer than that since I joined to help. Steven is working to eat, and looking for different housing. He will be printing and shipping all the remaining items. It's difficult in multiple ways to survive in Tokyo. There is not any work available which was his mainstay. For example commissions and day labor. Although Covid is generally settled in many countries, economies are really slow to rrcover. I believe Tokyo is still actually under emergency order. That is because only 3% of Japan has been vaccinated afaik.  Don't give up on this, we will get there.
qed in 40% Discord

Offline CLLCT

• CLLCT
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 23:03:10 »
Anyone else notice the recent activity on Instagram?

Offline ShandonCodes

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 30 September 2021, 12:52:27 »
Is there any angle at all to the case?

Offline ykill

• Deafmute Linktree
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 10:13:21 »
Hello everyone, Steven is getting to the computer a bit and published some things on IG. These are some older unpublished  stuff. He's not up to production yet, but I know he will be, and this is a good sign he's able to spend time at the desk.  I know this guy can overcome anything, and I'm excited to see some output.

Is there any angle at all to the case?

The cases are part of the whole thing, they will be produced. Also, they do not have a slant angle at all. These would be called 0 degree / flat.
qed in 40% Discord

Offline mnemonicj

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 17:56:12 »
Very close to the 2 year mark since this was posted. No updates yet?

Offline iaman

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 14:43:26 »
Very close to the 2 year mark since this was posted. No updates yet?
The site where production updates were supposed to go has been down for months if not over a year at this point and d34fmu73 hasn't even posted anything anywhere on the internet since October, pretty sure there's never gonna be an update. Caveat emptor, indeed

Offline ddab

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 18:19:31 »
Almost halfway into 2022 and still no update. Nice. I should have been smarter with my money.

Offline rudy44

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 07 December 2022, 20:16:38 »
Has Steven decided to run away with our money?

Offline mnemonicj

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 14:00:34 »
I've written dm's to the OP and no response. Straight up robbed.