Author Topic: [GB] GMK SLASHER | Closed for the Fall  (Read 153845 times)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
[GB] GMK SLASHER | Closed for the Fall
« on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 11:16:35 »
274609-0

274611-1

I finally present to you all, GMK SLASHER!

I first posted this in 2016, back when keyset ICs weren't quite as elaborate, and professional as they are now. It was an idea birthed out of a love for 80's slasher movies, and I'm reviving it now for the same reason. I've had the support of quite a few amazing people to get this to where it is now.

Opening Day: August Friday 13th
Closing Day: September 13th
Est Shipping: Q3 2022

274613-2

$135

$25

$45

$39

274615-3

274617-4

$17

Salvun Slasher themed Artisans!

$56

Art by the one and only Hipsterpunks!

This will be used for stickers, and a limited run of prints!
And if possibly pins to go along with it, just like the old ones from so long ago!

FULL IMAGE HERE

Mat art(and potential box art) by amazing artist and friend ADVENTURESKULL

274619-5

USA - Project Keyboard
EU - MyKeyboard
UK - Protozoa Studio
AUS - Daily Clack
CA - Ashkeebs
SEA - Monokei
CN - zFrontier
SA - Fancy Customs

---------

Massive thanks to Pwade, Hipsterpunks, hiney, onecreativemind, @Tyler "blowdin" odins son, GX, and everyone who's encouraged me over this past year!

---------

Follow me on Instgagram as well!

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 September 2021, 17:19:42 by DALExSNAIL »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
Re: [GB] GMK SLASHER | At Your Local Drive-In
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 12:36:07 »
DAMN THAT ISH LOOK FIRE BOYE

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 14:19:23 »
I love this set so much.

Offline Brioric

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 21:56:21 »
My favorite set of the year  :thumb:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 06:52:41 »
Love to see it Dale. Been a long time coming.

Offline thesky

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 14:50:25 »
How are the sales numbers looking?

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 14:52:08 »
Gotta get my money right real quick, can't miss this set! Awesome work as always Dale & GLWGB!

Offline yhs

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 08:17:50 »
Anyone else not too fond of the recent tendency to not have any updates in GB threads during GBs? I know number updates don’t really matter as long as everything gets made, but still..

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 10:36:50 »
Anyone else not too fond of the recent tendency to not have any updates in GB threads during GBs? I know number updates don’t really matter as long as everything gets made, but still..
I usually wouldn't mind so much, but since this one dropped off the face of the earth for so long before getting to GB, I'm kinda paranoid. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond thrilled that it finally got this far, but please don't leave us hanging again  :confused:

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 05:25:02 »
Did we make MOQ?  Would appreciate any updates on whether this got made and everything is a go

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 09:56:34 »
Did we make MOQ?  Would appreciate any updates on whether this got made and everything is a go

We did yes!

I usually wouldn't mind so much, but since this one dropped off the face of the earth for so long before getting to GB, I'm kinda paranoid. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond thrilled that it finally got this far, but please don't leave us hanging again  :confused:

This was definitely my bad! I've been dealing with a lot of personal / mental issues in the past year, and it all came to a head very recently. I promise I wont be dropping off the face of the earth any time soon again though, as I've made a lot of healthy strides in project management to ensure success from now on. :)

Offline Dotnick

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 14:18:44 »

This was definitely my bad! I've been dealing with a lot of personal / mental issues in the past year, and it all came to a head very recently. I promise I wont be dropping off the face of the earth any time soon again though, as I've made a lot of healthy strides in project management to ensure success from now on. :)

great to hear Dale!

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 14:28:43 »

We did yes!

Awesome to hear that we reached MOQ, and even more awesome to hear that you're feeling better!! Glad to know we can rest easy.  ;D

Offline nicx

Re: [GB] GMK SLASHER | Closed for the Fall
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 10:31:53 »
I am so mad that I missed this.

*Eric Adnre let me in meme*

Offline mmayhem17

• Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 10:34:07 »
any update?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 13:02:32 »
lol

Offline mmayhem17

• Steam profile
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 13:05:45 »
lol

ik, too soon, gmk est 2045, but haven't heard a thing about this set since gb closed

Offline Tyson

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 13:35:13 »
lol

ik, too soon, gmk est 2045, but haven't heard a thing about this set since gb closed

No I was saying lol because supposedly Dale ghosted the community, not too sure how true this is though. Your best bet for any updates on this will probably be from Project Keyboard.

Offline Nebulant

• Nebulous Consulting
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 14:03:48 »
lol

No I was saying lol because supposedly Dale ghosted the community, not too sure how true this is though. Your best bet for any updates on this will probably be from Project Keyboard.

You know that even if he did, the set will still proceed as quickly as it can with the present timelines.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 16:05:21 »
lol

You know that even if he did, the set will still proceed as quickly as it can with the present timelines.

Would it, are the colors already matched? Wouldn't him ghosting this project delay the color matching process? Or would 159 and you just proceed with the closest match to the RALs? I've never really thought about what would happen if the designer left a project without proper color matching. I guess this has already happened before with GMK Masterpiece too so you guys know what to do. My bad.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 19:52:49 »
lol

Would it, are the colors already matched? Wouldn't him ghosting this project delay the color matching process? Or would 159 and you just proceed with the closest match to the RALs? I've never really thought about what would happen if the designer left a project without proper color matching. I guess this has already happened before with GMK Masterpiece too so you guys know what to do. My bad.
Tyson… focus on your own projects.

Unless you know for certain what you are talking about or where in the colour matching process the set is at you’re out of pocket.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 19:31:47 »
lol

Tyson… focus on your own projects.

Unless you know for certain what you are talking about or where in the colour matching process the set is at you’re out of pocket.

Starston... Thank you for the concern

I am just worried about this project as I too am also a buyer of it. But all has been discussed in private messages with Neb. No need to keep talking about this.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 21 September 2022, 10:52:52 »
Any updates on this set?  :-*

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 24 September 2022, 13:17:13 »
Any updates on this set?  :-*

Up

Please give us updates

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 21:54:04 »

14 months later....

Offline PancakeGoon

• *•° tape hiss *•~
    • goonf!sh.beets~
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 12:11:19 »
Any info on whether deskmat-only orders will go out earlier than GMK completion, or where they actually are in the production queue? Just now learning of the potential Dale Bail.

Offline Kuj0

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 00:11:59 »
I haven't heard anything about this set since GB. What's all this talk of Dale bailing?

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 02:14:51 »
I haven't heard anything about this set since GB. What's all this talk of Dale bailing?

Yeah, what's this Dale balling anyway ? :D Will appreciate if some updated were posted here

Offline ThatDudeDeven

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 11:33:33 »
Received an email from Project Keyboard saying that colors have been approved. Would still be cool if the project runner poked his head in. Very excited about this set. Idk how it works without them. I've never had to go through it.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 11:33:21 »
Received an email from Project Keyboard saying that colors have been approved. Would still be cool if the project runner poked his head in. Very excited about this set. Idk how it works without them. I've never had to go through it.

Oh nice, thank you for the update. Really looking forward for this set too. If the colors were approved then it goes on I presume : the package design should be approved too and then it's placed in queue and the next step is production.

Offline s.ja

• asj
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 01:21:18 »
any updates?

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 16:29:34 »
I've only just noticed the R4 1.5u Caps Lock, this alone would have deserved my purchase.

eh, in line for extras.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 05:21:35 »
Update ?

Offline CoyoteMegalo

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 02:26:08 »
Any news here ?

Offline ThatDudeDeven

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 08 August 2023, 17:41:26 »
Would be real nice to get an update on this. I've already been screwed on GMK Infernal by Mechs & Co, apparently. Definitely don't need this one getting sunk

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 10 August 2023, 07:03:27 »
The silence on this set is becoming suspicious. Maybe geek hack mods can contact the designer to get a proper update ? I contacter Project keyboard and they never responded…

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 11:39:43 »
Would be nice if Project Keyboard would be responsive

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 16:05:31 »
I found this on the Ashkeebs discord from August 17th.  I wasn't aware that they took over as primary vendor.  I also don't really know what that means for those of us who ordered from Project Keyboard.  I guess time will tell

« Last Edit: Mon, 21 August 2023, 16:07:06 by pixelpusher »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 29 August 2023, 09:55:23 »
Most recent update:

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 30 August 2023, 02:20:57 »
Most recent update:
(Attachment Link)

Thank you for the updates ! Let's hope it'll be settled for the production soon  :thumb:

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 26 September 2023, 01:18:54 »
Any updates for us who purchased this set through Project Keyboard?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 26 September 2023, 11:21:30 »
Still no official word.  But I'm guessing there will be another reddit announcement regarding all of PK's now ruined group buys.

If you read between the lines on Ashkeys discord, the discussion suggests we might have a chance to purchase a set at reduced cost from another vendor (which is what happened for people who lost sets when Mechs & Co. went under), but other than that... it looks like we lost our money.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 26 September 2023, 11:50:56 »
And for the record, you will probably not be able to dispute a transaction from 2021.  Not even with talking to managers.  I just tried for over an hour.  I was insistent they help me deal with it.  I spoke with 2 different departments and 2 different managers.  This was my Chase credit card. 

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 26 September 2023, 19:30:48 »
And for the record, you will probably not be able to dispute a transaction from 2021.  Not even with talking to managers.  I just tried for over an hour.  I was insistent they help me deal with it.  I spoke with 2 different departments and 2 different managers.  This was my Chase credit card.

well fk. I have 3 unfulfilled gbs with PK. Bingsu, Slasher and BOW Hangul. so fml.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 06 October 2023, 16:05:22 »
Oh fk...another vendor going down. And here I was hoping for Slasher extras and hopefully another round of Noir. Sorry for all the guys that got into the GB, and fingers crossed things can be sorted out with another vendor.

For anybody wondering what is  happening in Canada:
302977-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 October 2023, 16:21:33 by Alejo1707 »

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 06 October 2023, 20:15:57 »
Well damn. Between Project Keyboard AND mechs&co going dark and screwing me out of 3 GBs, I think I'm tapping out for a while. All I wanted was a red on black goth set. :(

Maybe it's actually time to retire the GB model as we know it.

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 07 October 2023, 22:17:50 »
Well damn. Between Project Keyboard AND mechs&co going dark and screwing me out of 3 GBs, I think I'm tapping out for a while. All I wanted was a red on black goth set. :(

I'm on the same boat.

GMK Slasher
GMK Terror Below
GMK Tako
GMK Daifuku
GMK Bordeaux

Luckily, Cannonkeys stepped on for Terror Below and it appears Novelkeys will be doing the same for Tako. Dangkeebs is another vendor to keep an eye out. They are starting to show signs of possible exit scamming. They kept delaying Daifuku shipment due to "GMK withholding shipment/shipment confirmation". Now they are saying they didn't get novelties for the set. They also printed shipping labels, I guess to keep people from going through dispute, but those orders have been stuck with Label Created for weeks for some. This is all while all other vendors fulfilled Daifuku months ago.

For Slasher, I think Ashkeebs may step in to help US orders.

**** like this is starting to make me dislike GMK. They are the ones responsible in creating this mess. They could simply have a queue limit that allows for shorter than 1 year fulfillment, but they are greedy and allow sets to be queued for years! They also have the audacity to sell us our sets back at a "discount", which is crazy because Novelkeys and ZFrontier periodically have sales for lower than the price that GMK claims is with zero profits.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 08 October 2023, 05:42:48 »

I'm on the same boat.

GMK Slasher
GMK Terror Below
GMK Tako
GMK Daifuku
GMK Bordeaux

Luckily, Cannonkeys stepped on for Terror Below and it appears Novelkeys will be doing the same for Tako. Dangkeebs is another vendor to keep an eye out. They are starting to show signs of possible exit scamming. They kept delaying Daifuku shipment due to "GMK withholding shipment/shipment confirmation". Now they are saying they didn't get novelties for the set. They also printed shipping labels, I guess to keep people from going through dispute, but those orders have been stuck with Label Created for weeks for some. This is all while all other vendors fulfilled Daifuku months ago.

For Slasher, I think Ashkeebs may step in to help US orders.

**** like this is starting to make me dislike GMK. They are the ones responsible in creating this mess. They could simply have a queue limit that allows for shorter than 1 year fulfillment, but they are greedy and allow sets to be queued for years! They also have the audacity to sell us our sets back at a "discount", which is crazy because Novelkeys and ZFrontier periodically have sales for lower than the price that GMK claims is with zero profits.

Disagree with the statement that's it's all GMKs fault. For instance, Mykeyboard.eu is in some deep **** too but precisely because they ordered too much of extras and are having now some hard times to pay for it (they were too greedy with a short term vision of the market unlike some more wise vendors). Maybe they're next on the list of AWOLs. The GMK model is surely not the best but they actually managed to shorten the waiting line drastically : 18 sets has been delivered in September alone, 3 times more that 2 years ago in one month period.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 October 2023, 05:45:01 by NightFox99 »

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 11 October 2023, 11:15:38 »
Important information regarding anyone who joined from Project Keyboard. Please read here - https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/175gyrg/important_information_regarding_project_keyboard/.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 11 October 2023, 14:44:40 »
Important information regarding anyone who joined from Project Keyboard. Please read here - https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/175gyrg/important_information_regarding_project_keyboard/.

Thank you Novelkeys for making this set (and many others) real. Without your intervention that wouldn't be possible at all. Also, is something similar is going to happen regarding Mykeyboard eu sets ? Are you aware of their situation ?