Author Topic: What should I pay attention in organizing my first GB?  (Read 2179 times)

Offline GreenTeaPerry

What should I pay attention in organizing my first GB?
« on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 02:15:20 »
Hi there

After some time navigating through this forum, I am slowly getting the hang of things. I started working for this small manufacturer workshop (RShape on Instagram and Facebook), we are now looking to organize our first Group Buy. The initial idea was to have a GB post with all the detail and picture of the product (an aluminum case for artisan keycaps) along with a link for a google form. We will gather all the orders in a fixed amount of time (estimated GB open for 1-2 months), production phase, quality check then comes to the packaging process and shipping via FedEx (estimated 3-4 months from GB end till product shipped). Payment will be made via Paypal. Here are some of the concerns that I have in mind:

- Am I missing any crucial points or steps?
- Besides the actual shipping cost, are there any hidden fees regarding the shipping that I have to watch out for?
- I know about the inherent risks of a GB but what can I, an organizer, do to eliminate or at least minimize those risks and build trust between us and the buyers?
- Is getting a vendor involved ABSOLUTELY necessary in this situation, if so how can I contact them and what do I have to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance, stay safe and have a nice whatever time you are reading this.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: What should I pay attention in organizing my first GB?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 10:04:55 »
Vendors are mostly there to help you sort out shipping and packing in large quantities and help save shipping for people. I would absolutely get a US vendor if you’re not in the US.

Most of my problems arose in having multiple vendors. Mostly in communication between timezones, just more people to talk to and figuring out how to ship everything to each vendor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk