geekhack Community > Off Topic

Trans movement.

<< < (9/9)

alexjd99:
Love coming back to a hobby after 5 years to see this... big yikes

Just a tip: if you're not trans, don't comment on trans issues. This goes for anything, racism, sexism, etc. It's just not your place when you have literally no idea what that experience is. Put your ego aside, and listen to the people whose actual lives are affected. Y'all need to touch some grass...

Tp4, I did really like your analogy tho. Too many folks are restricted to only accept int data types :mad:

olidavhay:
Alright I got my crap together. Hi! I'm trans.

I'd like to share this cus I know a disturbing amount of individuals will see this and assume that [insert minority group here] is overreacting. I'm just here to let ya know we are a single step away, and the conservatives are already attaching some very harmful stereotypes/labels to us in recent times. In my home state if someone somehow discovers my inherent physicality, they can claim that said discovery frightened them so deeply that they panicked and assaulted/killed me. And it is an acceptable excuse. Housing and employment is also up in the air depending on whether or not your landlord/boss doesn't like a core part of your existence.

I know that even for the LGBT community we seem to be popping up everywhere, but I'm confused how that needs to immediately be your "problem" or how it's a "problem" at all. We aren't machines and there's no code unless you're screwing around with DNA. I am aware that y'all are trying to understand how and why, and I understand that because I love to know things! But you never will understand. That isn't me saying you're stupid or anything, the genuine curiosity rules that out. However, until you look in the mirror and realize that you are intrinsically incorrect to yourself, in that next to nothing will make you fully okay with what you physically are, you are wasting your precious time. Even some of the most content of us are hyperaware that we do not fit in; not because we want to, but because when you don't you're the first ones to go.

Also I'm not yelling/mad at anyone I just wanna inform cus it's about to get real ugly before it gets pretty. :B

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: olidavhay on Wed, 30 November 2022, 00:24:15 ---
frightened them so deeply that they panicked

all are trying to understand how and why

--- End quote ---

One of my favorite observations was Salman Rushdie saying "Fundamentalist religion has nothing to do with spirituality and everything to do with power."

Sexuality in all its forms, even straight-up traditional sex, is a classic "wedge issue" for politicians, and I have always been perplexed as to why so many people concern themselves with things that don't concern them. Regardless of how loud it is inside the echo chambers of their filter bubbles.

Moral Panics  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic  have been around as long as humans have lived in communities larger than villages, and I find it interesting that "American sociologists tended to emphasize psychological factors, while the British portrayed "moral panics" as crises of capitalism."

But the bottom line is that those people who oppress their fellow citizens act in direct contradiction of the statement in Jefferson's Declaration of Independence which defines "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" as "unalienable rights" and the US Constitution itself which states that its very purpose is  "to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty".

edit - scrolling back through this thread, I realize that I already offered these same observations and suggestions before

But honorable people must keep pressing the message that, as my grandfather always said "your rights stop where the next guy's nose starts"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version