Author Topic: U|<ra1ne 2o22  (Read 73983 times)

Offline iri

Re: U|<ra1ne 2o22
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 04:12:59 »
Likely just paranoia, but the past week I have noticed a huge influx of Russian-speaking people around the city. Way more than usual. Single men walking around speaking Russian into an earpiece or cell phone.

Red Dawn coming soon to a town near you?
I personally ordered them to nick your ****coins after they've taken care of you :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 04:26:26 »
Likely just paranoia, but the past week I have noticed a huge influx of Russian-speaking people around the city. Way more than usual. Single men walking around speaking Russian into an earpiece or cell phone.

Red Dawn coming soon to a town near you?
I personally ordered them to nick your ****coins after they've taken care of you :p

They really seem to love fish, and old women wearing way too much makeup.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 08:28:41 »
From having visited a local Russian food store (before the invasion), and seen it had a selection of weird fish, (a useless anecdotal sample of one ...), I believe you're right: Russians seem to love fish.  :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2022, 11:12:58 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 11:14:25 »

They really seem to love fish, and old women wearing way too much makeup.

fish is full of bio_accumulated high lvls of industrial toxins + Rad1a71on.

Offline iri

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 17:29:36 »
And the bigger the fish, the better!

284331-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 19:19:49 »
Those lived in American waters, too. What I always think about is how old those creatures must have been, and wonder how their descendants even make it out of adolescence.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 20:44:40 »
"Give up nukes for protections"
Gets invaded

"come to negotiatons"
Assassin squad waiting

"Ok, come to the real negotiations"
Everyone poisoned

"But seriously, agree to never join NATO or any other union and we'll stop the invasion"
*Looks at Georgia*

Seriously, why would you trust Putin at this point?
If he truly wants a ceasefire it's pretty simple, all he has to do is leave Ukraine.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline iri

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 03:46:13 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 07:31:33 »
Seriously, why would you trust Putin at this point?
If he truly wants a ceasefire it's pretty simple, all he has to do is leave Ukraine.

From his perspective,  na7o is on his lawn, and he's the angry grandfather yelling get'off'mah'lawn,  and throws his tennis ball walker at U|<ra1n3

The sovereignty of a nation is actually NOT FIXED.  The whole system is merely a conduct agreement.

For example, there is a basket of aples on the ground, you can not lift the whole thing, you can only take 1 apple in each hand.

Someone else stronger Could lift the whole basket and he got there before you, so you get nothing, and he takes the whole basket.

In a CIVIL SOCIETY,   we distribute apples based on certain codes of conduct / utility efficiency.    HOWEVER, there's no rule that says we HAVE to be civil.

For example, the USA killed millions of Iraq Civilians for our 5-6 thousand loss. For the First few weeks of our Iraq Invasion, we left no infrastructure standing, thousands starved to death or died of disease/lack of medical care/ lack of water. It's Justifiable in the sense that it destabilizes the mid-east, strengthens our own Oil Partners in the region, and it dissuades any further conflict.   That doesn't mean it's not a Di(k move. 

Outside of how the Media-Frames-It,    Pudz's move is completely legitimate and logical (From HIS Perspective).

There's no argument that he could've done it in a better way.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 09:18:47 »

Justifiable in the sense that it destabilizes

That is the reasoning that the anti-American Radical Right uses to justify terrorist activities such as the disruption of the peaceful transfer of power and voter suppression.

A stable society would abhor inequity and work towards goals that benefit its population as a whole such as access to health care and slowing global warming.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 12:58:17 »

Justifiable in the sense that it destabilizes

That is the reasoning that the anti-American Radical Right uses to justify terrorist activities such as the disruption of the peaceful transfer of power and voter suppression.

A stable society would abhor inequity and work towards goals that benefit its population as a whole such as access to health care and slowing global warming.

If we had infinite processing power or infinite time to think about it,  what you say would be obvious.  But we don't, so smaller scope decisions have to be made, because "Humans beings" are the ones making these decisions, and THEY have ONLY their small constituents.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 09:44:50 »
At least 7 bus loads of Russian soldiers have arrived in Belarus for treatment for radiation sickness.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/unprotected-russian-soldiers-disturbed-radioactive-dust-chernobyls-red-forest-2022-03-28/
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 09:49:44 »
At least 7 bus loads of Russian soldiers have arrived in Belarus for treatment for radiation sickness.

/Swish....

Called it..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 14:01:49 »
R|_|   hand control of (hernoby1 nv(lear plant back to U|<, IA3A says..

____ Darn this rad1a7ion sux,  here you dea1 with it...

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 14:06:18 »
I'm afraid that the Russia leaders could be going to use a nuke, chemical or biological weapons on Kyiv soon.
I would not put it past them, considering that they have absolutely no honour.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #265 on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 19:43:50 »

I'm afraid that the Russia leaders  could be going to use a nuke

To what end?

It seems to me that slinking away with "something" to claim as a victory and putting it behind them is the only rational end game.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #266 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 01:14:03 »
I'm afraid that the Russia leaders could be going to use a nuke, chemical or biological weapons on Kyiv soon.
I would not put it past them, considering that they have absolutely no honour.

That would be REALLY stupid, unless Putin has decided to turn Russia into a parking lot. They could never get away with that in this age, every other country would hit them with everything they have, and it would end poorly for everyone.

On the bright side, it would solve all my depression and money problems right away!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 06:19:29 »
Oh, there are military analysts that have warned that Putin could use chemical or biological weapons soon. Biden has warned that Putin could use them and is sending gas-masks. Ukrainian TV has broadcasting advice to civilians on what to do in case of a chemical attack.

Putin's ally al-Assad had used chemical weapons in Syria on many occasions, and got help from Russia to blame some attacks on the opposition there — which is an indication that Putin would have no ethical objection against using them. Russia is known to have reused terrorism tactics previously used against civilians in Syria in Ukraine already: as we have seen in Mariupol, for instance.
Russia has in their propaganda-war already prepared to blame any possible chemical attack on Ukraine itself by claiming that Ukraine would have chemical weapons of their own.

And now they are moving their troops away from Kyiv, away from a possible future contamination zone. The Ukrainian government is the likely target IMO: because they have been the target of multiple assassination attempts earlier in the war.

And what does Putin have left to lose? Some European countries are still dependent on Russian gas, but are trying to cut that dependency.  And then he is trading with China. That's it.
What Putin can "get away with" is a useless question. No nation is going to risk another war by retaliating on Ukraine's behalf. He doesn't have a face to save in international politics. He has painted himself into a corner and lowered the iron curtain.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 April 2022, 06:23:24 by Findecanor »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #268 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 09:38:46 »

And what does Putin have left to lose?

I am the same age as Putin (he is actually about 4 months younger than me).

From personal experience I can tell you that when you start looking towards those final days/years/decades of life your perspective changes, and the future starts looking more murky rather than more clear.

Unless he is looking at his imminent demise he is setting himself up for a pretty miserable future, but if he thinks that the end is very near - then rationality is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 April 2022, 10:38:00 by fohat.digs »
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 21:36:41 »
Clearly Repoops Party is tainted / fully kompromised..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 22:11:47 »
/facepalm

R| dug trenches @ (hernoby1,  like, what ? do they realize the whole point was to keep that stuff "underground".

THE FORMER U55R spent alot of effort and money to cover the top.

3.b r0tg/\, not good, not bad

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 22:44:54 »
/facepalm

R| dug trenches @ (hernoby1,  like, what ? do they realize the whole point was to keep that stuff "underground".

THE FORMER U55R spent alot of effort and money to cover the top.

3.b r0tg/\, not good, not bad

Can you imagine how ****ing awful that must be for those soldiers digging and sitting in those trenches?  A lot of people pointed out that they are young and most likely didn't even know where they were.  Just dumb kids following orders.   

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 23:03:00 »

It's worse than dea7h, Severe and (rare) (an(ers within 3-5 years and they probably don't have insurance.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 23:28:55 »
Fam1ne high potential, proximal nations of U|</\

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #274 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 09:06:10 »

young and most likely didn't even know where they were.  Just dumb kids following orders.   

This was true of most war before near-instantaneous universal communication became the norm. But it makes you wonder how young Russians could be so isolated.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #275 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 12:27:49 »

young and most likely didn't even know where they were.  Just dumb kids following orders.   

This was true of most war before near-instantaneous universal communication became the norm. But it makes you wonder how young Russians could be so isolated.
The Russian media is state-controlled, and lately the Russian government has cut off (most) other forms of news. It's a less extreme version of the systems China and North Korea already have in place, but the idea is very similar - and history has shown us time and time again that it works.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 14:18:56 »

The Russian media is state-controlled, and lately the Russian government has cut off (most) other forms of news

I believe that, but I was under the impression that 18-25-year-olds (soldier age) around the world were very tech savvy. My kids are 21 and 25 and sometimes I wonder whether they might as well epoxy their phones to their left hands.

So you think that Russian efforts to cut its citizens off from the world are really that effective?
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 14:26:17 »
It doesn't take very much, when you have a "pre_programmed" population that PREFERS the Brainwashing.

In 'Murica we have our own 50% of the population who are repoop, they have all the freedom to educate themselves, yet THEY CHOOSE Ignorance and Bigotry.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 16:15:05 »

The Russian media is state-controlled, and lately the Russian government has cut off (most) other forms of news

I believe that, but I was under the impression that 18-25-year-olds (soldier age) around the world were very tech savvy. My kids are 21 and 25 and sometimes I wonder whether they might as well epoxy their phones to their left hands.

So you think that Russian efforts to cut its citizens off from the world are really that effective?
Well obviously not against everyone, hence why they have protests going on even despite the huge punishments they know they're going to face. But we're talking about soldiers here. Soldiers everywhere are known for generally being very right-wing and nationalistic. There are a lot of conscripts as well, to which this obviously doesn't apply, but let's not forget that there are significant numbers of Russian soldiers that are surrendering or just deserting now.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 08 April 2022, 09:23:08 »
Was gekha under dat cybrA77a(K ?

cdn malfunction just now ?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 13:49:42 »
"The Russian people will always be able to distinguish true patriots from scum and traitors and simply spit them out like a gnat that accidentally flew into their mouths."
"I am convinced that such a natural and necessary cleansing of society will only strengthen our country, our solidarity, cohesion and readiness to respond to any challenges."
- from a recent statement by Vladimir Putin

In response to a question from a reporter ("I ask them if they have encountered any instances of Russophobia while abroad") a new Russian exile in Istanbul named Nastya had this sharp reply:
Nowhere are Russians treated as badly as in Russia.

- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 14:01:55 »
In response to a question from a reporter ("I ask them if they have encountered any instances of Russophobia while abroad") a new Russian exile in Istanbul named Nastya had this sharp reply:

This is probably due to the scarcity problem in totalitarian regimes.

People can't be (as) nice or (as) compassionate, if they don't have enough.  WE TEACH Everyone TO TRY, but in practice, it doesn't work out.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 17:56:18 »

This is probably due to the scarcity problem in totalitarian regimes.

People can't be (as) nice or (as) compassionate, if they don't have enough.  WE TEACH Everyone TO TRY, but in practice, it doesn't work out.

Sorry, I don't understand this at all. What scarcity? What we?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 19:31:01 »
Sorry, I don't understand this at all. What scarcity? What we?

don't know how else to word it chyros, tp4 not gud' @ the english

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 22:00:17 »

tp4 not gud' @ the english

That is excruciatingly obvious.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 12 April 2022, 09:32:19 »
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 12 April 2022, 15:02:29 »
they captured the \/kr41n1an "drumph" and now has him in custody after he initially went into hiding.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 12 April 2022, 15:55:33 »
I can't believe one of those rich oligarchs hasn't had Putin put down by now. You know they value protecting their assets over any 'loyalty', and the way things are going Russia is going to be the next North Korea in terms of global isolation.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 12 April 2022, 16:39:51 »

Russia is going to be the next North Korea in terms of global isolation.

From my previous post : “Nowhere are Russians treated as badly as in Russia.”

At the beginning of this fiasco we were told that Putin's approval ratings were very high.
I would love to be able to hear the real number today.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline iri

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 13 April 2022, 10:21:18 »
A Swiss doctor refuses to continue to treat a gay Russian man with HIV: https://www.blick.ch/wirtschaft/russen-hass-statt-putin-boykott-schweizer-arzt-verweigert-russischem-hiv-patienten-die-behandlung-id17293433.html. The patient’s treatment was not available in Russia.

A performance of a gay Russian composer cancelled: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/09/cardiff-philharmonic-orchestra-removes-tchaikovsky-over-ukraine-conflict

Hmmmmm

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Versaknight

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 13 April 2022, 10:25:32 »
I hope all of this war ends soon. Its so disheartening for this to happen in the 21st century.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #291 on: Wed, 13 April 2022, 18:27:05 »
This war is really bringing out the venom in people everywhere, even those completely outside of the conflict.

I can only hope that the world learns from what's happening now in Russia in response to this conflict. Elect a fascist, and it could be YOU getting thrown into a gulag. It may take months or years, but with fascists in power, it's inevitable, they'll come for you next. A lesson the UK and US electorates hopefully re-learn in time before it's too late.

Offline iri

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 06:29:06 »
This thread’s latest hot takes:

1) 🔥🔥 out of 🔥🔥🔥: U.K. electorate can learn things
2) 🔥🔥🔥 out of 🔥🔥🔥: Russians elect their leader

User chyros wins this week’s hottest take prize: 👑

-Ray Bradbury

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 07:39:11 »
2) 🔥🔥🔥 out of 🔥🔥🔥: Russians elect their leader
They definitely don't now under Putin. But everything I've read strongly suggests that Russians were given a choice whom to elect after Yeltsin.

EDIT: either way, that's not actually the point I was making. I was mentioning what can happen to other countries if they elect a fascist.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 April 2022, 07:47:09 by chyros »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 07:45:25 »
Snopes confirms legitimacy.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Dat_b00ster
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 09:33:14 »
Toldyaso,  carriers/large cruisers are a waste of money and they're garbage.

ALL Big ships sink fast, way too easy to destroy..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Dat_b00ster
« Reply #296 on: Fri, 15 April 2022, 05:55:18 »
Toldyaso,  carriers/large cruisers are a waste of money and they're garbage.

ALL Big ships sink fast, way too easy to destroy..

Well it didn't sink so in fact being big may well have saved it :p . EDIT: looks like it has now actually sunk! Apparently at first it slunk back after the fire but was sank due to stormy weather later that day.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 April 2022, 06:14:55 by chyros »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #297 on: Fri, 15 April 2022, 07:38:35 »

sank due to stormy weather later that day.

Large warships are dinosaurs for sure. But the Catch-22 is that any vehicles capable of carrying large heavy loads are of necessity large and heavy (therefore = slow) themselves.

On the ground there are opportunities for camouflage but in the air or on the surface of water you are completely exposed - plus facing destruction if your means of support is compromised.

Too bad wars are not still the way they were pre-technology, when it was just poking opponents with pointed objects.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 15 April 2022, 08:02:49 »
Russia is doing a great job in making Sweden and Finland join NATO. Swedish politicians seem to be waiting for Finland to join first though.

As I see it, Swedes are most comprehensive about the issues:
- Don't want to be in a military alliance that involves nuclear weapons.
- Don't want foreign military bases
- Not happy about being in a military alliance with Turkey at the moment (Erdogan)
- Not happy about being in a military alliance with USA (people here were very much against GWB and Trump)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #299 on: Fri, 15 April 2022, 08:18:43 »
Russia is doing a great job in making Sweden and Finland join NATO. Swedish politicians seem to be waiting for Finland to join first though.

As I see it, Swedes are most comprehensive about the issues:
- Don't want to be in a military alliance that involves nuclear weapons.
- Don't want foreign military bases
- Not happy about being in a military alliance with Turkey at the moment (Erdogan)
- Not happy about being in a military alliance with USA (people here were very much against GWB and Trump)
I think all those points make complete sense tbh. Plus, Sweden is really quite unlikely to be targeted. If Russia can't even get Ukraine on its knees, how are they going to fare against the Swedes? Plus, they'd probably have to go through Finland first, and they have +300% Enhanced Damage Against Russians as we all know.