Author Topic: [IC] Carbon Keyset  (Read 241280 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
[IC] Carbon Keyset
« on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 11:08:29 »
Hello there!
I am fairly new here and want to discuss current Interest Check on PMK. (Carbon IC on PMK)

I tried already to gain access to this forum for a few weeks but it seems the EMail services i use has blacklisted this site, so could not get the activation mail. In this case i want to thank "livingspeedbump" who helped me to get here.

My design is the "Carbon" keyset and it is dedicated to the Carbon element (not the Carbon Fiber i like to get rid of this cool kids **** and keep it scientific).
I like to call it better "Kohlenstoff"(german) or "Uglerod"(russian). But lets stay international so nobody is missguided. Anyway i want to say i am not chemist but i got some help from people from reddit who study Chemistry.

I know it has some similarities with "Hackd by Geeks" keyset but as a whole i find it for myself very different.

There are some issues with Novelty kit some of the keys are not moldable and i will rework it in the near future. I wrote already an email to Melissa but i asume they got a lot of stuff to do with new store system.

If you are interested in this IC, then i need your help in form of critics and suggestions. I will appreciate any kind of constructive feedback.

Anyway for lazy ones here is the whole deal.

Updated:
fitting max 10 child deals rule of pmk.
Blanks and Spacebars will be available in the store per default.

Updated:
Reworked Novelties to make them possible to be molded.
Diamond is gone (too many sharp edges and rounded it looks awfull) instead added "Old but reliable Butt Kickers".
Added Carbon Logo Enter.

Update: Novelties.

Update: Novelties removed r3 warning signs. Removed redundant  r1 orange escape from other kits as the base set contains already one. Add orange function keys. Combined with base kit you can make full orange function row.

Update: Added led windowe keys to base and novelties kit. Reworked some novelties for molding.

Update: Got approximated Costs for Carbon. Keep in mind these are approximated costs so they are not final.

Update: Orange Alphas pricing was wrong.

TODO:
- Non stepped capslock (windowed too) with off center stem
- Windowed Key front- and back- print (due to different led positions)
- support for UK Dworak/Colemak.
- Split iso into 2-3 kits and separate ISO enter shift + graphene ISO enter in both colors. (maybe even all 3 colors)
- Graphene blanks for plancks or other custom layouts.
- Arrow kit and gaming kit.
- gray escape for base kit
- flex kit is missing scroll lock, print, pause
- nav cluster in gray color
- split Base kit into alphas and modifiers.
- graphene modifiers?
- control, function, etc replacements for capslock
- point out discoloring issues with grey color (possible change of grey color)
- 2u row1 graphene backspace.
- support for Filco Minila and Leopold fc660 series.
- 1.5u vertical keys with led window for ergodox kit.
- row 2 Backspace
- mac kit with symbols instead of words.
- Arrow cluster row4 is distructing. (gamer kit arrow cluster other row 3 and row 2 for exchangeability).
- nav cluster Del, End, Page down in row 4 possibility.
- warning signs also in GQM.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2015, 14:17:01 by T0mb3ry »

Offline 10q20w

Re: [IC] Carbon Keyset
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 11:41:00 »
Sexy! There's a lot of good sets on IC right now, and my money is tight, but this would be a heavy contender.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 11:43:41 »
I like the colorway, but

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 05:55:19 »
Do the homing keys have scoops or bumps?

Make it 1-1-2-3-4-4 (like SA Retro) and I'm in!
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 06:06:58 »
no geekhack novelties?

Offline Supergeek

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 06:16:01 »
It seems like a lot of the novelties are very similar in appearance; the hexagonal shape is repeated too many times IMO.

Offline againer

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 06:39:47 »

If the you make it 1-1-2-3-4-x
i could use the f row for number keys on my 60% keyboard

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:24:08 »
WoW really nice keycaps set!

Has mutual colors with the Hack'd by Geeks but there are some differences still as well. Too many interesting keycaps set atm!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 10:49:46 »
no geekhack novelties?

Sry i am trying to make as many kays as possible reusable by other layouts (Ergodox for example). Keep in mind its the Base set and must be purchased for other sub deals. Anyway i can also add an row1 function sub deal. I thought about it already.

I will add also next update GH key to the Novelties
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2015, 11:09:15 by T0mb3ry »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 10:52:37 »
It seems like a lot of the novelties are very similar in appearance; the hexagonal shape is repeated too many times IMO.

I will rework Novelties the benzene ring will be taken away.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 10:55:10 »
Beautiful color scheme  :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 10:56:39 »
WoW really nice keycaps set!

Has mutual colors with the Hack'd by Geeks but there are some differences still as well. Too many interesting keycaps set atm!

Indeed many interesting Keysets at the moment and i am glad i got this serious compitition. My personal favorit is "Jukebox" for example. No Jokes i love it.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 11:07:19 »
Beautiful color scheme  :thumb:

Thank you i appreciate it :D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 06:42:01 »
As this key-set is using Orange as it's main colour-way, you have indeed captured my attention and excitement.

Thought I would back away from this insidious place but you have reeled me in yet again with another KILLER SA profiled key-set, unbloody believable  :thumb: .

PLUS the extras, so enticing it's like a smorgasbord of booze, absolutely HOT  8) .

Make sure this one gets through as soon as possible.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 06:46:33 »
As this key-set is using Orange as it's main colour-way, you have indeed captured my attention and excitement.

Thought I would back away from this insidious place but you have reeled me in yet again with another KILLER SA profiled key-set, unbloody believable  :thumb: .

PLUS the extras, so enticing it's like a smorgasbord of booze, absolutely HOT  8) .

I doubt we'll see it that quickly. PMK just announced the changes on the website. Moving away from preordering to pre-produced sets. Modern Selectric will be their last preorder they'll be running. After that they move to a new platform and I think it'll take some time until everything is sorted out.

Unless this goes through Massdrop.

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 07:08:32 »
I've noticed a few errors and omissions in the International kit (FR language) :

The legends with :
- a red square should be swapped from top to bottom (you need push shift to get number with AZERTY layout)
- a orange circle should be rework (too close to the edge of the key imho).
- a blue square were missing keys that should be added.

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2015, 08:37:32 by Lpwl »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:27:24 »
I've noticed a few errors and omissions in the International kit (FR language) :

Show Image

The legends with :
- a red square should be swapped from top to bottom (you need push shift to get number with AZERTY layout)
- a orange circle should be rework (too close to the edge of the key imho).
- a blue square were missing keys that should be added.

Show Image

Thank you very much i am going to correct that and add missing keys. I thougt they got a misstake in the pictures as ususally numbers are the main layer. But i saw the reallife azerty layout. Anyway for the next update i will look through iso kit again. In case of "+=" key base set got it already :) just trying not to dupplicate the keys.

Update: see first post.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2015, 13:12:36 by T0mb3ry »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:33:43 »

Thank you for the compliments. I would not say orange is the main color in the set its more like a cherry on top of an ice cream :) Anyway dont know why people call it sexy or hot as i can not see boobs or booties in it   :D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 19:34:12 »
Anyway dont know why people call it sexy or hot as i can not see boobs or booties in it   :D

Because it arouses everyone's most BASIC emotion and that will always be related to sexual innuendos  ;) .

It's not enough to say it's good, decent or great you need to import some XXX speak since most young males understand that far better than any other language.

Also don't forget where you are, Geekhack is the forum in which all keyboard lovers go to realize their MOST perverted fantasies on the web and you my boy, have delivered it in spades with this latest "Carbon Keyset" release.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 21:25:33 »
My only real criticism with this set are the novelties. The non-carbon ones seem completely random. Tbh I'm not even a fan of the carbon themed ones.

Not going to be much help because I have no ideas on what they should be instead but they are one only weakness I see in this set

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 23:07:40 »
My only real criticism with this set are the novelties. The non-carbon ones seem completely random. Tbh I'm not even a fan of the carbon themed ones.

Not going to be much help because I have no ideas on what they should be instead but they are one only weakness I see in this set

The images chosen by him were safe "Copyright" approved meaning no one can sue SP or him for anything relating to other recognized graphic images within the US market.

I think with the limited pallet he was presented with he has done good, maybe only Matt3o could of upped it a level or two but overall, not much could have been achieved.  Besides I love the colour layout and the chosen graphics doesn't offend anyone which is always good when these key-sets reside in keyboards for years to come.

Sometimes the simplest graphics can retain their dignity for decades whilst those that attract instant attention become bland and boring in a few months time.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 10:35:13 »

The images chosen by him were safe "Copyright" approved meaning no one can sue SP or him for anything relating to other recognized graphic images within the US market.

I think with the limited pallet he was presented with he has done good, maybe only Matt3o could of upped it a level or two but overall, not much could have been achieved.  Besides I love the colour layout and the chosen graphics doesn't offend anyone which is always good when these key-sets reside in keyboards for years to come.

Sometimes the simplest graphics can retain their dignity for decades whilst those that attract instant attention become bland and boring in a few months time.

You hit the nail on its head. I am trying to maintain copyrights. My goal is to make novelties not only simple but also highly reusable with other keysets. As you can see only Carbon logo key is not reusable. Any other key can be combined with other keyset easily. Especially for the chemical warningsigns. Graphene Enter is just a texture and is timeless. Imagine an Bee related keyset and Graphene enter. Diamonds are timeless too. Anyone want a bling bling bord? You are welcome :)

I am thinking about to replace orange Carbon logo mod keys with 1.5 mod keys. So WKL, Ergodox and other layouts can utilize them too. 
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 10:36:57 by T0mb3ry »

Offline 10q20w

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 15:50:53 »
Just curious, what fonts are used for alphas and mods?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 16:44:56 »
Just curious, what fonts are used for alphas and mods?
Alphas - VAGRounded-Light Light
Mods - OCRB Extra-Expanded

I used OCRB because its monolegend.

The reallife set will use Gorton Modifed as usual (Mods and Alphas). So those fonts are used only for mockup.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 05:17:55 »
no geekhack novelties?

Sry i am trying to make as many kays as possible reusable by other layouts (Ergodox for example). Keep in mind its the Base set and must be purchased for other sub deals. Anyway i can also add an row1 function sub deal. I thought about it already.

I'd do it the other way round, myself. I'd make it 1-1-2-3-4-4 with Row 3 Shifts and have a Row 3 F row kit for those who want it. All other keycap profiles use 1-1-2-3-4-4 so why not also SA? JD himself has stated that if he knew SP could do Row 4 bottom row at the time, he'd have gone 1-1-2-3-4-4 with the Hack'd by Geeks set and SA Retro is 1-1-2-3-4-4.

The Row 4 mods on Penumbra are awesome.

That's the only thing that's keeping me from ordering this when it goes live.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 05:26:31 »
As an aside, about the colours: I believe your WBO is a little too dark in the mockups, the photospectrometer sampled and converted colour (by Ian Prest) is 227, 213, 185 whereas yours is 212, 202, 167.

Here is the difference on the colour chart:
102320-0

And here's a very rough conversion of the mockup:
102322-1

I really love the colour choices and the novelties designs are fantastic. Great job on the design. It's beautiful.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 05:32:03 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 08:50:12 »
Any idea when this might drop?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:29:25 »
no geekhack novelties?

I for myself did not knew that this is possible. I must look first how it does look like. Then i might change the row orders.

I'd do it the other way round, myself. I'd make it 1-1-2-3-4-4 with Row 3 Shifts and have a Row 3 F row kit for those who want it. All other keycap profiles use 1-1-2-3-4-4 so why not also SA? JD himself has stated that if he knew SP could do Row 4 bottom row at the time, he'd have gone 1-1-2-3-4-4 with the Hack'd by Geeks set and SA Retro is 1-1-2-3-4-4.

The Row 4 mods on Penumbra are awesome.

That's the only thing that's keeping me from ordering this when it goes live.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:32:34 »
As an aside, about the colours: I believe your WBO is a little too dark in the mockups, the photospectrometer sampled and converted colour (by Ian Prest) is 227, 213, 185 whereas yours is 212, 202, 167.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I really love the colour choices and the novelties designs are fantastic. Great job on the design. It's beautiful.

Thank you. You are right i adjusted only the orange and the gray colors for the next updates i will adjust the wbo color.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:34:39 »
Any idea when this might drop?
Only after new SP shop system goes online. And after it gathers enough votes. Around 200 votes are needed.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:37:02 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

DONE! See first post. Updated colors and rows. I wonder if SP can produce 2u keys for row 4 as you can see in Planck/Atomic kit.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:38:43 by T0mb3ry »

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:27:22 »
The modifiers are similar to the Hack'd by Geeks ones, the glossy and semi-matte SA's shine a lot, when they shine (for example on a white web page, the LCD shine is a shine) the low contrast of the modifiers renders the keycap unreadable

I find this very unpleasant

Would you consider running this set as matte?

Commando 23 SA keyset is matte for example, and it looks great
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:31:57 »
The modifiers are similar to the Hack'd by Geeks ones, the glossy and semi-matte SA's shine a lot, when they shine (for example on a white web page, the LCD shine is a shine) the low contrast of the modifiers renders the keycap unreadable

Can you provide a picture demonstrating this? I've never had an SA and I'd like to know what to look for when buying a set.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:42:30 »

Can you provide a picture demonstrating this? I've never had an SA and I'd like to know what to look for when buying a set.

Here are some photos, it demonstrates the issue, whether the angling of the light is just or unjust :)
I wish I included one Deep Space DSA modifier too, those colors are unreadable on all regular lighting conditions :)
That's why I like the Dolch keyset, I love the alphas, the modifiers are meh.

102516-0102518-1
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:43:39 »

Here are some photos, it demonstrates the issue, whether the angling of the light is just or unjust :)
I wish I included one Deep Space DSA modifier too, those colors are unreadable on all regular lighting conditions :)

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
Thank you!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 07:38:45 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

DONE! See first post. Updated colors and rows. I wonder if SP can produce 2u keys for row 4 as you can see in Planck/Atomic kit.

Fantastic! Looks great!

AFAIK, they can indeed make 2x Row 4 SA profile keys in both Semi-matte and matte, at least according to their profile chart, but it's best to confirm this with Melissa.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Learn to embrace the shine:

102529-0

This is my Penumbra set after a bit of use. The "semi-matte" finish on SA profile caps is quite smooth and wears to a shine quickly, but I really like how they both look and feel. Matte finish has a rough texture that I don't like much, personally. Here is a pic of the Commando set (1-2-3-3-3-4 profile): https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45655.msg1245032#msg1245032

Also Spacebar, Return, Caps Lock and Left Shift (and 1.75x right Shift in the upgrade kit) on that set are semi-matte, since SP can't do matte 1.75x, 2.25x and 6.25x.

If you can't see the legends on your Hack'd by Geeks caps because of light from your display, you don't have enough ambient light compared to your display brightness. Bad for your eyes. AFAIK, nobody else complains of this issue with any of the existing semi-matte SA sets and I for one would MUCH rather have consistent surface texture on my caps than a mix of matte and semi-matte.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 07:53:52 »
I would also choose semi-matte over mixed, however with their current R4 step-up, SP might also start producing those keycaps in matte too

I find matte surfaces better for typing, glossy surfaces amplify sweating, however glossy keycaps are easier to clean, so there is that too

I honestly like both types of keycaps but my preference is matte, there are also no matte SA keycaps around, would be great to have one, I mean look at that Commando set's photo, I want to rub my fingers to the screen :)

You're partially right about the lighting tho, it could be improved, it's 2x 32W cool daylight CFL for an entire room and I'm standing in front of it, yet the glare is also existent in actual daylight shade too, time to re-look for some bulbs (bumped them to 32W CFL's from insufficient leds a while ago, now you inflicted the urge to re-improve them :)

TL;DR: The issue is there, it's up to the beholder to love it or hate it

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:26:47 »
I would also choose semi-matte over mixed, however with their current R4 step-up, SP might also start producing those keycaps in matte too

I find matte surfaces better for typing, glossy surfaces amplify sweating, however glossy keycaps are easier to clean, so there is that too

I honestly like both types of keycaps but my preference is matte, there are also no matte SA keycaps around, would be great to have one, I mean look at that Commando set's photo, I want to rub my fingers to the screen :)

You're partially right about the lighting tho, it could be improved, it's 2x 32W cool daylight CFL for an entire room and I'm standing in front of it, yet the glare is also existent in actual daylight shade too, time to re-look for some bulbs (bumped them to 32W CFL's from insufficient leds a while ago, now you inflicted the urge to re-improve them :)

TL;DR: The issue is there, it's up to the beholder to love it or hate it

I understand. But i am thinking in the long run. If i make the caps matte its going to shine anyway after some usage. So in this case i think its better to make them already shiny. So i can at least provide consistancy and quality. My only problem with glossy sa keycaps is that they leave fingerprints. Personally i prefer glossy surface over the mate and rough one. Got deep space keyset it has rought surface. I hope you understand my point of view like i understand yours. Indeed matte would look way better but it will get unconsistanly shiny. I want to avoid that.

Anyway i didnt knew it that SP can do matte and glossy keycaps. I also wondered why some filco keycaps are matte and other shiny. Thank you for the info :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:29:41 by T0mb3ry »

Offline bullo16

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 18:50:22 »
Hi, I 'm waiting to see if SP takes on sale the set. I prefer the rough touch and matte because I bought the Ducky that are bright and touch is not very good.
So far I 've saved the money to buy it.  :D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 09:15:16 »
Hi, I 'm waiting to see if SP takes on sale the set. I prefer the rough touch and matte because I bought the Ducky that are bright and touch is not very good.
So far I 've saved the money to buy it.  :D
Hello thank you for your interest. Anyway in the previous post i mentioned the reasons i want to make carbon glossy instead of mate. I also appreciate the look of matte more than glossy but this is abs and will shine after some time and that will destroy the look. So in my opinion its better to make it shine from the start :)

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 09:36:09 »
I just checked the keyset that I've been using for some time (matte, dsa shift), indeed the most used key started shining a bit, so your logic is plausible

However, making matte double shot keys shine would also add them a lot of character, especially if you don't intend to resell and use them instead

There is also no guarantee that shined semi-matte's would have the same glare as not-shined ones, so the usage shine might also show on those keycaps too

But all in all, semi-matte seems like a safe choice

I also asked SP about R4 matte molds, it seems they don't exist yet, so discussing the issue is also futile

For me, one thing is for sure, I would definitely pick matte over semi-matte/glossy if I had the choice, making keycaps shine is like soulbinding to me

Offline LieutenantJesus

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 20:55:15 »
Didn't this get nearly 500 votes on PMK before they took down the interest check page? I'm sure I'm not along in saying that this is the #1 set on my radar right now, and there's a LOT of good sets out at the moment.

I really dig the novelty keys. Heck, not really much I can say that I don't like about it. I'd probably pick this over getting Hack'd by Geeks if such a choice was presented.

Offline VmaxEngage

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 20:56:43 »
Man...I need this in my life. Awesome set, this is a must for me!

Offline HelixDan

• a SB player
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 13:07:23 »
Why not add some length 1.5x personality keycaps? so many 1x and 1.25x personality.....

and if the profile row could support this .... also very good

====== Welcome to Matrix Lab ======
HHKBClack ClickTopre
RealForce 87uClack ClickTopre 55g
LZ-CPGMK Red AlertBrown
Minila AirGranite DSABrown
?????Red
====== Welcome to Matrix Lab ======

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 14:19:19 »
Does this keyset have Filco MiniLa support?

Ex. 3u row3 spacebar.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2015, 14:21:14 by Latin00032 »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 14:46:51 »

Ex. 3u row3 spacebar.

I don't see it currently.

I don't think a mould exists at all for a convex (i.e. spacebar-shaped) 3u key in any profile. I do believe there is a concave 3u key, but it's essentially a slightly extended rshift.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 15:20:37 »

Ex. 3u row3 spacebar.

I don't see it currently.

I don't think a mould exists at all for a convex (i.e. spacebar-shaped) 3u key in any profile. I do believe there is a concave 3u key, but it's essentially a slightly extended rshift.
I know the convex profile doesn't exist.
I was asking about a 3u blank concave key.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 16:08:25 »
Updated Novelties see first post.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 16:13:42 »
Didn't this get nearly 500 votes on PMK before they took down the interest check page? I'm sure I'm not along in saying that this is the #1 set on my radar right now, and there's a LOT of good sets out at the moment.

I really dig the novelty keys. Heck, not really much I can say that I don't like about it. I'd probably pick this over getting Hack'd by Geeks if such a choice was presented.

Its not supposed to be nr1 set. If so then its Granite which sold the most of all sets. It is also not my goal to make nr1 set. I want a good looking set and an unique one. Its 52 votes to go to reach 500 votes :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 16:20:58 »
Man...I need this in my life. Awesome set, this is a must for me!

Thank you i hope it will reach a GB phase.