geekhack Marketplace > Clueboard

Clueboard 66% PCB - Pre-soldered Underlight Available!

<< < (62/62)

merlin64:
Looks like Clueboard is on Massdrop. Congratulations Skully!

Quick question is the PCB offered still the version 2 of the PCB in which one would have to do additional soldering of a wire to get the left shift to work (can't remember the details..but it's something like that).

skullydazed:

--- Quote from: merlin64 on Wed, 16 November 2016, 08:06:15 ---Looks like Clueboard is on Massdrop. Congratulations Skully!

Quick question is the PCB offered still the version 2 of the PCB in which one would have to do additional soldering of a wire to get the left shift to work (can't remember the details..but it's something like that).

--- End quote ---

All of the PCB's affected by that problem have been sold. All future PCB's going forward (including those shipping from my shop today) do not need that fix.

JaccoW:
I just soldered my Alps Clueboard today but I have some issues with the Matias stabilizers.
They seem to be too long. Whenever I press down the key the stabilizer wants to keep going another mm or 2 making the key very hard to press and even flexing the switch sideways.
That can't be right.

Am I doing something wrong here or do I need to do some modding on the wires?

skullydazed:

--- Quote from: JaccoW on Thu, 05 January 2017, 18:39:05 ---I just soldered my Alps Clueboard today but I have some issues with the Matias stabilizers.
They seem to be too long. Whenever I press down the key the stabilizer wants to keep going another mm or 2 making the key very hard to press and even flexing the switch sideways.
That can't be right.

--- End quote ---

Which direction is the insert facing? Can you take a picture of it, and maybe one that shows it flexing?

JaccoW:

--- Quote from: skullydazed on Thu, 05 January 2017, 22:46:55 ---
--- Quote from: JaccoW on Thu, 05 January 2017, 18:39:05 ---I just soldered my Alps Clueboard today but I have some issues with the Matias stabilizers.
That can't be right.

--- End quote ---

Which direction is the insert facing? Can you take a picture of it, and maybe one that shows it flexing?

--- End quote ---
I will give it a shot after the weekend. For now I sort of fixed it by bending the wires inwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version